AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-28, 12:06   Link #461
Bern-san

I definitely missed the maniac! in the subs

I'll be really happy if they make season 2 since I really like the chapters that happen after the anime. Although the thing that would make me really really happy is a Watanuki plush in his tanuki form (and more merchandising!)

One thing I realized is that Natsume when he first appears says he is 23 years old, but in a scan of chapter 24 it says he is 22. Maybe he's still 22 and he turns 23 this year?

Old 2012-03-29, 14:42   Link #462
00Coyote

Spoiler for 12:
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 15:23   Link #463
Bern-san

Spoiler for 12:

All in all, I liked how they concluded the anime, it's perfect if they don't want to do a season 2 although there are many things that I wish to be animated. But it also leaves room for a continuation

Inu x Boku SS is a good anime that I don't mind rewatching in the future: the colorful scenes, the great voice acting and the soundtrack are the anime's biggest points. 9/10
Old 2012-03-29, 15:51   Link #464
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Spoiler for 12:
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 16:08   Link #465
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Heh, it was certainly interesting hearing Taichi and Arata have so many scenes together for a change...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 16:11   Link #466
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Heh, it was certainly interesting hearing Taichi and Arata have so many scenes together for a change...
Bro, I think you accidentally mixed up Chihayafuru with InuxBoku Ss
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 16:12   Link #467
Kazu-kun

A beautiful ending to a beautiful series. I can't stop grinning like an idiot.

**so much love**

I'll post some impressions later.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-03-29 at 16:53.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 16:29   Link #468
warita
Dai-Youkai

The series was so mediocre, I didnt even feel like posting, but the ending was FABULOUS!!!!!

I think I have never seen such a romantic ending before. It didnt do a single thing bad. I like the fragments of how they spend the summer break and how Miketsukami and Ririchiyo lay on the couch and talk about their feelings, the future and family. The way they were lying there was both innocent and incredibly sensual. 10/10 for this episode from me.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 16:43   Link #469
sikvod00

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Bro, I think you accidentally mixed up Chihayafuru with InuxBoku Ss
Haha. I thought the same thing for a second, but GE is just being a sneaky mofo. Hint: He's talking about something other than the characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
The series was so mediocre, I didnt even feel like posting, but the ending was FABULOUS!!!!!

I think I have never seen such a romantic ending before. It didnt do a single thing bad. I like the fragments of how they spend the summer break and how Miketsukami and Ririchiyo lay on the couch and talk about their feelings, the future and family. The way they were lying there was both innocent and incredibly sensual. 10/10 for this episode from me.
LOL. Your reaction is really interesting. I know you complained how other shows you thought were generally good had less than stellar endings. This seems to be the exact opposite. Heh.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 17:10   Link #470
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Oh,I see what you did there
Old 2012-03-29, 17:11   Link #471
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I enjoyed the ending very much from a dramatic standpoint, though I won't deny I'm of two minds about the content. I have serious reservations about Ririchiyo and Soushi, but I do like the fact that this is a series that isn't afraid to present complex situations and let you make your own decisions.
Old 2012-03-29, 17:13   Link #472
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Good place to finish it off. Best part was Ririchiyo finding Soushi's pictures of her.
Old 2012-03-29, 17:19   Link #473
sikvod00

I'll be honest, that blonde chick with the glasses was my least favorite character. I can tolerate the hyper-active-lesbo-freak-that-preys-on-innocent-girls trope, but her aggressive man-hating got annoying fast:
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 17:42   Link #474
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
her aggressive man-hating got annoying fast:
She doesn't hate men. She just doesn't like when they hit on her.
Old 2012-03-29, 17:44   Link #475
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Or exist.
Old 2012-03-29, 17:51   Link #476
00Coyote

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Or exist.
Well, she does like to discuss the finer points of female anatomy, and look at nudie magazines with scroll guy, so she isn't completely against men.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 18:04   Link #477
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I have to admit, I never would've imagined that this show would end up growing on me as it had done these past three months, to the point where I now consider it a sleeper hit of the past season. But here we are, and I honestly can't express how much I wish that David Productions Would make a second season so that we could go back to the gang and see how things are going with them again.

While the reasons why I started this show can't be called good enough (It was on Crunchyroll, David Production ... better make full use of that subscription I suppose) the reasons why I stayed for the full ride made up for it. An A list VA line up, with lots of well known talents (Gin-san in particular was pleasure to hear ) and even emerging ones, nice looking artwork with some classy cheesecake that I'd put on the same pedestal as Hanasaku Iroha and Penguindrum, and of course a nice story that can shift seamlessly between being serious and wacky.

Actually, it was more wacky and heartwarming than it was serious most of the time, with the show making use of gags that while I can't call original, certainly made me laugh out load most of the time. I'm not entirely sure why, but I actually found the comedy in this show funnier than I normally would've, no matter if it was out there or straight faced, obvious or random, and even when it was tongue-in-cheek or disturbing (Sochi's ending for example was hilarious, considering it was showing how delude he was by filming a PV in a kids park, before ending with a wall proving how much of a stalker he was) and even the gags that weren't that funny (Ririchiyo mistakingly thinking Sochi might come to her bed at night and then apologizing) I found to be enjoyable, and the drama was more well done than I would've expected either. I suppose it was because the characters were that good that it made the difference in me caring more for knowing about them and learning what happens to them.

Which would make sense since the he cast is, of course, the main reason and driving force why I think this show ended up doing so well and clicking so much with me. I actually found myself interested in these abnormal people, who despite being half human, had rather normal problems. Wanting to communicate better, wanting to be close to the person you like, wanting to find someone you can trust, wanting to form friendships, wanting to watch your tongue so you wont hurt others ... but more than anything, I suppose it was their outlandish personalties that drew me in to learn more about them in the first place, and what makes it just so fun seeing them interact with each other.

Sometimes, even if you don't have a strong plot you can go on with, you can make up for it, even make the plot become secondary, by putting in the same room a cast of strong or fun personalities and then having them shooting the breeze. It can be incredibly simple just having the something happen like ''Kagerou takes Karuta, Watanuki and Ririchiyo out on a date'' and suddenly there goes 10 minutes of an episode doing nothing important plot wise but still worth the time just to see how will thing play out, even if I knew that Kagerou would reuse the same SM routine he does every bloody time. ANd yet, I never grew tired of it, because it was just so much fun to see it again.

In short, really fantastic anime that shows you can just have a bunch of interesting characters hang around and the story will write itself around them. I hope we'll get more in the future.

9/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
@Arabesque It hasn't been specified but it could be...
I see. Well, I suppose it would make sense for her to be the maid (the design is nearly identical after all) since it would show that the anime's staff (or the mangaka?) had placed that much thought into Soushi's backstory, as well as punishing him for what he had done (he used the maid and then tossed her aside, as well as a number of off screen women(?), and if she was the women in episode 3, that would mean he also lied to Ririchiyo when he said that he rejected her feelings) by having Ririchiyo (rightly) point out that what he had done with the kiss was simply disgusting and done her wrong by doing it.

Yeah, I think I like that theory. I'm going to pretend that it's what they were aiming for after all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
I'll take a look, but CR's translation needs a lot of fixing. The translator clearly hasn't read the manga (or even the relevant Wikipedia page. Hell, I don't think they even know how to use Wikipedia. Or Google)
Well, that could actually not be the fault of the CR translator. From what I heard from ANNCast, it seems like sometime the show benefactors would tweak the correct translations to ones they think are ''better'' or that they would insist to put in certain things in the translated scripts. I'm not trying to make an excuse for the poor translations, but the blame might not entirely be on the translators head(s).
Quote:
I personally preferred the interactions between Asem and Romary. Cutest couple of the year right there.
Old 2012-03-29, 19:04   Link #478
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
.I personally preferred the interactions between Asem and Romary. Cutest couple of the year right there.
They are indeed (I've said so repeatedly!) but we often hear them together, in both shows. Whereas with the other pair the characters hardly ever interact in either series, so it was a rare treat...
Old 2012-03-29, 20:22   Link #479
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

That last episode was awesome! Both romantic and funny...my only peeve was they didn't show the kiss! Hey, those little kids got to see it, why can't I??!!

And my second peeve is (okay I have more than one)...that this last episode leaves me wanting moooorreee!!! Dang it! I really REALLY hope they make a second season for this...!!!!

...in the meantime, I will rush over and read the manga to satisfy my urge to know more.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 20:48   Link #480
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
Did you like episode 11 too, out of curiosity? I've enjoyed the whole series, but the final two episodes are many leagues above what came before. (Speaking of anime reviews, you seem to have forgotten to link to your Inu x Boku SS reviews in your sig, Enzo; I read your reviews pretty regularly but didn't know you were blogging Inu until a few days ago.)

I'll miss this show. Natsume might be a bullying piece of shit (Yeah, I know he showed a decent side this episode, but poor Watanuki never saw it, and bullying just isn't something I'm able to find humor in), but I'm fond of all the other characters, and the story really skyrockets in quality towards the end. The story averts the 'Status Quo is God' trope that's common in so many other anime, and so I expect a really interesting season 2 should we ever get one. This is one of those slightly underground stories that I'm sure I'll always have a very soft spot for; I really look forward to more romance between Ririchiyo and Miketsukami come next time (Lucky bastard, I wish I had a hot, tragic girlfriend that wears stockings around the clock).

And I love the way that Karuta just said "Want this?" and offered her lollipop after Ririchiyo's outburst, completely ignoring the serious discussion about Ririchiyo's feelings they were holding. Not a fuck was given that day in Karuta's world.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, shounen