AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-07-31, 10:19   Link #2341
Mars Mode

He doesnt want to be like his grandfather and father and if things are not wrong even mother.

But he has the DNA and modus operandi integrated to his very bone.
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 10:21   Link #2342
Vazes

What were the reasons that godou got the title of 'false pacifist'?
Vazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 10:35   Link #2343
fazri
blacksun king

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Mode View Post
He doesnt want to be like his grandfather and father and if things are not wrong even mother.

But he has the DNA and modus operandi integrated to his very bone.
his father not from kusanagi family you know.
godou father is the son-in-law of kusanagi family!
if i'm not wrong godou father really afraid his wife.
Old 2012-07-31, 10:44   Link #2344
Mechatrill

The thing is, I think Godou is as oblivious as Ichika is (see short story 2, "The Rumored Campione" and what his childhood friend Asuka has to say).

I think the biggest difference between the two is how forward and obvious about their interest the girls are. Take Erica for example: she's in love and she's not afraid to let the MC and everyone else know about it. If she wants a date, she'll ask for and force Godou to take her on a date without any pretenses.

It's a lot harder to avert your eyes from the truth when said truth is smashing her boobs into your face, I think... Plus, it's a lot easier to overcome one's shyness if you can already see someone else do it in the most blatant means possible, which helps the other girls be more assertive too. The lip-lock mechanic that were forced on the MC and the girls also helped in that aspect, I think...

So yeah, while it might be possible for Ichika to rationalize the actions of the IS girls as simple friendship, that is not the case for Godou. Remember, overcoming denial is the first step, after all...
Mechatrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 10:48   Link #2345
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vazes View Post
What were the reasons that godou got the title of 'false pacifist'?
The reasons should be obvious. He repeatedly says he doesn't like to fight, but in reality he enjoys it. He is insanely competitive, and in his internal monologue he often comments about duels/fighting being exciting. He even grins when he fights.

Then there is that whole episode with Guinevere removing his common sense, which removed all doubt.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 10:53   Link #2346
Vazes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
The reasons should be obvious. He repeatedly says he doesn't like to fight, but in reality he enjoys it. He is insanely competitive, and in his internal monologue he often comments about duels/fighting being exciting. He even grins when he fights.

Then there is that whole episode with Guinevere removing his common sense, which removed all doubt.
Forgot about the whole common sense thing.He became a copy of Salvatore Doni right?
Vazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 11:20   Link #2347
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechatrill View Post
The thing is, I think Godou is as oblivious as Ichika is (see short story 2, "The Rumored Campione" and what his childhood friend Asuka has to say).
Well, concerning middle school and before, let's give Godou a break.

How many boys are actually that sharp at that age? Besides, baseball was his life at the time.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 11:25   Link #2348
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
Well, concerning middle school and before, let's give Godou a break.

How many boys are actually that sharp at that age? Besides, baseball was his life at the time.
That and only "badass" characters and "ignorant" characters are able to form harems y'know! Godou is transitioning from the latter to the former.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 11:26   Link #2349
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

to put him in the same league as ichika is like saying he doesn't feel anything ..
unlike ichika and all of them ( other harem creators ... ) he knows with who he is more safe to be with ...
if he was like ichika he would have gone with Erica willingly in vol 3 thinking is just a friends trip ..
but no he run away with a less of a treat girl .. because knows that if he is with her for a extended period of time alone ... many things WILL happen

Last edited by Phoenix221186; 2012-07-31 at 12:16.
Phoenix221186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 11:41   Link #2350
nukie
Junior Geek

I really must salute and thanks zzhk for his/her? really really fast translations of Campione! at BT, cheers mate
nukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 11:49   Link #2351
Kadi
知識の探求者

I ask you: If you don't want to be a playboy, but girls keep crushing on you left and right, what would you do? If you keep shooting every single one down, it will be awkward for both of you (when you start with "just friendship") or your female friends will keep changing at an insane rate (when you create distance). Not to mention the heat from the boys. The alternative is Godou's path. Feign ignorance, use auto-suggestion that you're just friends. That way Godou managed to keep a stable circle of friends and can interact without causing awkward situations all the time. As a side effect, it turned into something like a Pavlovian Reflex that he has trouble turning off now. If you call that "ignorance", suit yourself. I don't.

I only dislike how the novel doesn't make it clearer. Bad writing in that regard indeed.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 12:16   Link #2352
Kna

Vol 6 Ch.3

Oh Godou, I can't wait to see the result of your wager.
Kna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 12:34   Link #2353
Awrya
U mad?

I lol'd hard when Liliana used The Tale of Genji as an example.
If I remember right zzhk is translating Vol. 6, a reason why he suddenly shifted into top gear?

Ichika is probably one of the densest, if not the densest, MC in a harem setting, compared to him I like Godou better
Old 2012-07-31, 12:47   Link #2354
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
He's just obsessed with battle.
If you compare to Highschool DxD, it's the same way as how Vali is gay for Ise.
lolol... i think he's far more unstable then vali..
i mean u dont see vali and ise start pulling there pants down and battling to see who has the better manhood.

LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechatrill View Post
noway.

Ichika would never suspect ANY of the girls liking him.
And probably would be lead to all the traps possible by Erica.

while godou is running frantically away from erica because he knows once he gets caught its OVER.

There opposite.
Godou knows who likes him, he just needs to try to stay as neutral as possible.
Its either getting gutted by erica... or getting a ear full of yelling from yuri, or another lecture from Lily.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 13:03   Link #2355
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix221186 View Post
unlike ichika a
if he was like ichika he would have gone with Erica willingly in vol11 thinking is just a friends trip ..
but no he run away with a less of a treat girl .. because knows that if he is with her for a extended period of time alone ... many things
FIXED.
Its vol.11 where their relationship developed.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 13:10   Link #2356
Kadi
知識の探求者

He was talking about Erica's idea of a "pre-marriage trip" in V3(prologue), so he had it right.
Old 2012-07-31, 13:17   Link #2357
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
i mean u dont see vali and ise start pulling there pants down and battling to see who has the better manhood.

LOL!
You do realize that certain spoilers cannot be taken literally, right?
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 13:24   Link #2358
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
say what ? :S .... i repeat my previous statement .. this is getting more gay flags than naruto .. xD

zzhk thank you for your work

also
Spoiler for her imagination is a little wild right? .... :
but there is a chance of that happening though

Spoiler for she is going all or nothing huh? xD :
Old 2012-07-31, 13:30   Link #2359
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
You do realize that certain spoilers cannot be taken literally, right?
Well, heres the thing about Vali and Salvatore.

1. Vali wont call Ise everytime he's bored, while as salvatore seems like Godou is on speed dial from his house to his cell phone.

2. Vali wont destory Ise's house if he refuses a call. While Salvatore will destory his country if Godou pulls a Kudere on Salvatore... well it was implied in Vol.2

3. Yea i know Kadi was exaggerating with his spoilers, however im pretty sure there was some reference to his exaggertion, unless Kadi really really completely trolled us.
If he did, and none of us got it, then Kadi... your a bastard!

I dont think Vali is quite yet on the level with salvatore.
But then again. i dont think a lot of people are, it be really distrubing on any MC to have a love hate relationship with someone like salvatore.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 13:51   Link #2360
Kadi
知識の探求者

The novels play with gay love between Godou and Doni but you can be relieved, nothing will ever come of it. It's mostly Liliana's ideas (read: delusions).

And about my spoilers, I can tell you only one thing, again and again: Sometimes I divert attention, intentionally cause misunderstandings, ask misleading questions. But I believe everything I state about content to be a truth. And I do what I do because... it's a crapload of fun for me. Okay, that came out wrong. I do it because I believe spoiling the straight truth would spoil not only events, but also your enjoyment of the novels with those events. Take V9 for example:
Spoiler for V9:

That said, I'm still a bastard. A bastard who pushes his own ideas and tastes onto others. And somehow other people "with the knowledge" indulge me (thanks, guys). So yeah... Rant over. Let's do this again in a week. What was the topic again?

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem