Old 2011-10-22, 04:58   Link #941
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
^ that's the game's player guide sold for $50.0, right
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 09:46   Link #942
LKK

At request for everyone in general and no one specifically, ease off on the speculation of what persona will appear next, please. I haven't played the game and no nothing about what personas could be summoned. For me and other anime-only viewers, your speculation are spoilers. So I'm asking kindly for the speculations to stop. Thanks!

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 11:29   Link #943
Shadow5YA

There are too many Personas to count. It's not like the identity of most of the Persona have any significance to the plot anyway.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 12:23   Link #944
tsunade666

but still the persona's to be used will give spoilers on it's stat and future enemy. So it we should probably tone it down.

Besides next episode by the preview is the boss fight of Yukiko's stage. Let's just wait and see what kind of persona will Yuu call onto next. And nice noticing the book that Margaret shows. It's the same persona Narukami called forth.
Old 2011-10-22, 13:28   Link #945
Dawnstorm

Well, I played the game(s), and I'm not sure they explained shadows/personas properly in 4 (though I think they did in 3). It's no spoiler, though, to say where the terms come from:

Both "shadow" and "persona" come from Jungian psychology: a "persona" is an identity you present to the outside world to protect your psyche. A "shadow" is a repressed and mostly unconscious part of your identiy; the stuff about yourself which you don't like to admit. (Here's a good summary in context.)

It shouldn't be too hard to apply this to the show.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 14:13   Link #946
ookamigirl

Getting arrested was actually pretty funny ^^"
Some more trouble on the other side of the TV.
Using personas was pretty interesting to watch. Those two are getting better at it.
Guess it was Chie's time to acquire her own persona.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 17:43   Link #947
DukeOfVeglia

I am utterly dissapointed so far, even with episode 3 being better than the rest. I can seriously imagine people getting lost and complaining about the fast and often incomprehensive pace of the series, even having played through the game myself. Now, I am not going to start a sort of a "book vs movie" rant, but I find the anime quite cheap compared to the source material. The game was a stylish fantasy mystery with an incredibly involving plot. I feel all of it lost here, I don't feel drawed in or anything, the script cliches don't help matters either (the whole Chie facing segment). So the vibe I am getting is not that of a serious detective fantasy, more like an attempt of a dark mix between Sailor Moon and Digimon with a touch of a mystery plot. Yu's apathy is also a confusing decision, despite the silent protagonist he was, but I think as his "stats" improve we might also see his character being more involved. I found that the music in the game was it's only low point, really, it was utterly painful to listen to and it's inclusion doesn't suit me.

Yes, I am aware that I am negative, but I hope such opinions are welcome too. And despite everything I said, yes, the "I should have taped it(?)" line is a massive win. Oh Persona, do improve... Pretty please.
DukeOfVeglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 17:59   Link #948
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Loved the game, loved the soundtrack, am loving the anime so far. I really like the fact that the character is starting off slow and building character as his stats improve.
Old 2011-10-22, 18:25   Link #949
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
but still the persona's to be used will give spoilers on it's stat and future enemy. So it we should probably tone it down.
Well then that's simple enough, we'll just not talk about future characters that are plot related.

I mean anyone with a brain would guess that the next boss would be Shadow Yukiko right (If not they have no business watching a non-slice-of-life series) ? And somehow I don't think the enemy stat is plot relevant...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 23:46   Link #950
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooPurePureBoy View Post
Loved the game, loved the soundtrack, am loving the anime so far. I really like the fact that the character is starting off slow and building character as his stats improve.
I do think it's a good touch to include this obvious growth. Character development happens, but having a visual chart is good for smiles. Plus right now just looking at where his stats are low is fun since it lines up so well.
Old 2011-10-23, 00:21   Link #951
woodearth
Ramen Hunter

Is Chariot's (Chie's Arcana) number written wrong on purpose? IIV instead of VII. BD Ploy? The rumored sabotage? Or a way to identify the broadcast source?
Old 2011-10-23, 01:02   Link #952
Xenio
Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodearth View Post
Is Chariot's (Chie's Arcana) number written wrong on purpose? IIV instead of VII. BD Ploy? The rumored sabotage? Or a way to identify the broadcast source?
actually, it was flipped, there are no IIV right?

the fool also flipped to look into wrong direction
Xenio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 01:07   Link #953
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointman View Post

If I remember latin numbering correctly there is no IIV... that would be III, i.e. 3
Old 2011-10-23, 01:24   Link #954
woodearth
Ramen Hunter

Quote:

Yes, flipped. Now that you mentioned it, I remember thinking that the Fool card in the earlier episodes looked off to me but I just could not put my finger on it.

The question of why still remains. The persona series is known for its symbolism. Perhaps the director is telling us that the anime is just a reflection and to play the game to get the true story.
Old 2011-10-23, 01:54   Link #955
Malkuth
Banned

Mate, even flipped it would probably be VII, and not IIV... it's not transparent or anything

But played the game with JP audio (Horie Yui ), and therefore probably missed a ton of stuff... only to make the anime more exciting
Old 2011-10-23, 02:22   Link #956
Rethice
Kingslayer

Send a message via AIM to Rethice Send a message via MSN to Rethice
I've figured out how to enjoy this series.

The first episode was so bad that I now expect dirt poor quality from every episode, so I've actually managed to enjoy the second and third because they've been so much better by comparison, but still terribly paced if I actually stop and think about it.
Old 2011-10-23, 03:15   Link #957
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
about how did he get pyrojack, just look at this, you can see the last moment of ep 2 as well

I think he gets the persona at the ED

the ED on ep.2, the card that was floating had the Magician's symbol

ep.3 had the Chariot arcana symbol

so I think Narukami gets 1 persona per episode and the arcana for that persona depends on what's the symbol on the card

I'll post pics later, my internet speed is kind of... limited atm

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 04:31   Link #958
Xenio
Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Mate, even flipped it would probably be VII, and not IIV... it's not transparent or anything
huh?
normal

flipped like in the anime (i'm flipped this myself)
Xenio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 21:31   Link #959
woodearth
Ramen Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
I c wat u did thar.

Ahem...

For the purpose of Persona 4 discussion "flipped" may be substituted for "mirror-image".

Old 2011-10-24, 07:04   Link #960
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

why are you guys lookin SO much into this tiny detail XD

Tags
action, fantasy