AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-05-01, 09:10   Link #81
Haiprbim
Banned

So, we're getting a No.4.
Sigh, the 1st and 2nd were okay, but I am not really a fan of the 3rd movie.
I hope the 4th one will not be a let-down as well.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 09:16   Link #82
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Revenge of the Fallen was the worst of them. Between the robotic flirt, Optimus Prime saying the words punk ass, two gratuitously stereotyped robots, and the utter pretentiousness of the pyramid climbing scene, there wasn't enough lolworthy stuff from the first movie or Dark Side of the Moon to give them a negative impression.

Narrating the movie series from the humans viewpoint gives the Transformers a sense of scale. Told from the other side, they'll look normal-sized and the humans are small. Told as it is, the humans are normal-sized and the Transformers are giants.

The romance sucks though. Maybe that could use a transformation.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 09:18   Link #83
HasuMasu
*Artist

Not really sure how I feel about the first movie, only know I didn't like second and third.

Not sure if I will see this...maybe if Unicron but probably not going to happen anyway.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 09:19   Link #84
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito Kinomoto View Post
The romance sucks though. Maybe that could use a transformation.
This is a movie, not an anime series, where everything can be near perfection.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 14:49   Link #85
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito Kinomoto View Post
Revenge of the Fallen was the worst of them. Between the robotic flirt, Optimus Prime saying the words punk ass, two gratuitously stereotyped robots, and the utter pretentiousness of the pyramid climbing scene, there wasn't enough lolworthy stuff from the first movie or Dark Side of the Moon to give them a negative impression.
Not to defend ROTF, but the one who said punk ass was Ironhyde, not Optimus.
Old 2013-05-02, 07:15   Link #86
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Yea, might have gotten it mixed up when Optimus said "Worthless hunk of junk yard metal." or something.

1:10
Old 2013-05-02, 07:36   Link #87
Willohwisp
Will-o'-the-wisp

Went to watch the third movie with high hopes and all i got a lot of meaningless explosions. Not going to watch the 4th at the movies, going to wait for it to be available illegally with good quality, heh.
Willohwisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 09:43   Link #88
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
has it already been explained on what happened to Jolt from ROTF? he'd just vanished without any explaination unless he had to go somewhere in story or is killed on screen as with the Autobots Jazz, Arcee, Que (Wheeljack), & Ironhide
i do not take the tie in merchandise such as the novels, comics, & games seriously as those are not considered canon story wise, the twins Skidz & Mudflap are an exception due to production controversy, don't know about Arcee's sisters Chromia & Moonracer though
to me, he's kinda sort of an important character as he helped Ratchet rebuilding the just revived Optimus by using his electrical powers to infuse Jetfire's body parts on to Optimus's own body to form Jetwing Optimus that would later disable the Solar Harvester & defeated The Fallen,
then the Jetwing Optimus configuration would later inspire the version seen in DOTM, the one used to defeat Shockwave's Driller before Shockwave avenges its death by shooting back at Optimus who then got stuck to a buch of cables, but i think thats just me
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 10:05   Link #89
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
has it already been explained on what happened to Jolt from ROTF?
No word whatsoever from the movie producers (yet). There's only a story from the comic tie-in:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
I can't speak for the twins, but I know Jolt
Spoiler:
Also, Chromia and Moondancer are scrapped. The final result you see in ROTF is that: all those 3 bikes are Arcee(s). It is said that they can combine into one big Arcee (which never happened on-screen).
Old 2013-05-02, 10:54   Link #90
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

but the tie in merchandise sometimes does not make any damn sense & so messed up, probably due to having different writers, examples such as:

- the first movie's video game has a Shockwave that transforms into a helicopter but his DOTM self reverts back into a Cybertronian tank, the Shockwave in some of the comics had him crash landed in Russia, hence the Tunguska meteor incident, sometimes without his pet Driller, but in the DOTM prequel game had him frozen in ice WITH his pet Driller

- Arcee who looks humanoid & has legs & a different earth motorcycle altmode unlike her version appeared in ROTF who looks like a mermaid who had a bunch of motorcycle tires for flippers but in the comics it is said she was captured by the Decepticons before she even came to earth & they experimented on her body to be split into three separate bodies hence her sisters Chromia & Moonracer are born & thats before she even scan an earth motocycle

- other universe toys & cartoon models thrown into M Bay movie universe such as Generation One, Beast Wars, Armada, Energon, Galaxy Force, etc.

- check out Que (Wheeljack)'s character design in all the three movies's tie in merchandise, much the same with Air Raid along with his toy design

- in the first movie Frenzy is killed by his own CD shuriken by the NEST agents & that hacker guy but in the comics it is due to help from a captured Swindle drone

- ROTF Mixmaster vs first movie Mixmaster drones

- off model characters

- one of the first movie games has a third robot faction known as the Dewbots, who's theme is the Mountain Dew drink vending machine

- the ending of the ROTF story books has The Fallen SURVIVED by escaping through a Space Bridge portal & will be back

- the appearence of the Autobot Warpath
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2013-05-02, 11:07   Link #91
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
but the tie in merchandise sometimes does not make any damn sense & so messed up, probably due to having different writers, examples such as:

*snip*
I never said that the stories in the comics are good, or makes sense, or canon. All I was saying is: the Bayformers movies (and the makers) never explain what happened to Jolt. The only explanation you'll get is from the comic tie-in. That's it.
Old 2013-05-02, 21:46   Link #92
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Not expecting much from 4, never like Mark Walhberg...but I'll probably still watch cuz Transformers are always cool

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-28, 19:42   Link #93
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Possible new Autobots (in vehicle mode):
Images
C7 Corvette Stingray & Bugatti Grand Sport Vitesse
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Source: Paramount Pictures / WENN.com
Old 2013-05-29, 05:19   Link #94
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Optimus' new (truck) look .

Old 2013-05-29, 05:28   Link #95
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Must be taken with a ginormous boulder of salt, though - Michael Bay has picked up the nasty - and admittedly infuriating, from the fans' PoV - habit of spreading disinformation and leaving fake clues around. (Can we blame him? TF fans once went as far as hacking his laptop to get a snapshot of the movie scripts - so I can see why he'd do this)

Add that to all the post-production name/design changes...
Old 2013-05-29, 07:24   Link #96
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Optimus' new (truck) look .

due to the design of the smokestacks, i think its Rodimus Prime instead!!
Old 2013-05-30, 09:28   Link #97
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

New Bumblebee (WAT?)

Old 2013-09-04, 07:48   Link #98
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Transformers 4's sub-title revealed: “Age of Extinction”:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly
Four years after the war in Chicago, the Transformers may be facing extinction.

At least that’s the main takeaway from the perfectly hyperbolic new title for Michael Bay’s fourth franchise installment — Transformers: Age of Extinction. Paramount revealed the title and a brand new, sand-covered poster, Tuesday, for the Mark Walhberg-starrer that’s scheduled to hit theaters on June 27, 2014.
Yahoo! Movies premiered the title and poster and hinted that Dinobots (you know, robots that turn into dinosaurs) may factor into the story, but no additional plot details were provided for the fourquel. The poster only leaves us with more questions. Are the Transformers facing extinction? Are they already assumed to be extinct? Will the Transformers need to be excavated, Jurassic Park-style? Or…recreated Jurassic Park-style? Are we even talking about Transformers!? Maybe they’re doing just fine and the humans are the ones in danger of extinction!

Bay wrote on his website earlier this year that “the story makes a very natural transition, and reason as to why we have a whole new cast. This Transformers will feel very different then the last three. We are embarking on a new trilogy.”
Transformers: Age of Extinction co-stars Jack Reynor, Stanley Tucci, Kelsey Grammer, Nicola Peltz, Sophia Myles, Li Bingbing, and T.J. Miller. It is currently filming in Chicago.
and Dinobots are also confirmed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGN
It may surprise no one to learn that Dinobots will be making an appearance in Transformers 4. The news has been all but confirmed at this point, but producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura now seems to have put the final nail in that coffin.

"I can not disclose the specifics, but you can be sure that the arrival of the Dinobots will give the audience a lot to be excited about," the producer recently told Beijing News (via Empire). "The world's coolest, most exciting cars will appear in the film, including Chinese vehicles, so whether you are a car enthusiast or not, it will be a feast for the eyes."

It is important to note that the above quote was transcribed using Google Translate (via TFormers), so don't take this as 100% confirmation. Nevertheless, di Bonaventura's words certainly seem to indicate that Dinobots are a sure thing.

While no specific Dinobots were revealed, the traditional team includes Grimlock, Slag, Sludge, Snarl, Swoop and Paddles -- all of which are based on various dinosaurs.
Old 2013-09-06, 09:53   Link #99
HasuMasu
*Artist

A new trilogy...

If anything, I at least hope to see Unicron...maybe.
Old 2013-09-06, 10:00   Link #100
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I'm abit skeptical about what's going to happen. Then again, I've watched the past three movies so I'll watch this one as well. If story ain't gonna cut it, at least there's robots.