AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-03-20, 13:30   Link #81
RX93-2
White Unicorn

Turn A was amazing and I have full faith in Torimo.
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 13:41   Link #82
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiopt View Post
this pacifist bs crap that ruined several series for already must end
As far as I know, the series closest to touching pacifism is Wing, and maybe Age.

There is a difference between pacifism (the extreme rejection of violence) and not wanting to kill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
well Crossbone Gundam has shown us that even leaving your enemies to live & getting rescued by their friends later has its consequences, that is they got executed by their own "friends" that rescued them in the name of absolute order of the rules they have to live by, that is punish to those who humiliate their own people,

it could be worse like the immobile MS, MA, or a Ship can't be detected by their respective allies, particularly drifting in the vacuum of space, leaving them to slowly die painfully due to the replenishing of their life support oxygen, food, & water supply or getting captured, held captive by the opposing faction to be imprisoned or totured or just brutally executed again

even units with a life support ejection system does not help either, particularly during in the middle of battle, while trying to escape your disabled unit, you might just get in the line of a crossfire, ripping apart your defenseless body in the process whether its by an enemy or by your own friend by accident, a friendly fire,

Kira Yamato's actions is still questionable of its usage in the battlefield to me.......
Sure it's questionable if you're dealing with questionable people who would kill their own comrades over some perverted sense of honor.

Otherwise, it's still a matter of probability and statistic, which is still in the favor of those who can successfully disable their opponents, especially if they do it indiscriminately.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 13:43   Link #83
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
They have repeatedly said that Kira targets primarely weapons and cameras, not the thrusters of MS.
well except that Kira is pretty much a skilled superhuman to begin with, then pair him with the most highly advanced tech,
even if his targets are now disarmed but still capable of moving around & trying to escape, what happens if said target encountered another opponent in the area while still unarmed? how can he/she fight back? well its like giving that person a chance to live but only to be ended by another person who may or may not on your own side?
also that person you gave a second chance may will bite you back hard in the future without mercy just because he/she is an enemy........ or for revenge..... he really hates you be cause you pissed him off for humiliating him...... well depending on that individual's personality..........
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 13:53   Link #84
monster

Quote:
its like giving that person a chance to live
Exactly, it's a chance, not a guarantee. Killing them would be a guaranteed death. Disabling them still gives them a chance to survive while not eliminating their chance to die.
Quote:
also that person you gave a second chance may will bite you back hard in the future without mercy just because he/she is an enemy........ or for revenge..... he really hates you be cause you pissed him off for humiliating him...... well depending on that individual's personality..........
Indeed, just as Shinn had done. It's never meant to be a perfect solution. That's why Kira never preached his battling preference to anyone. It's his own actions through his own convictions.
Old 2014-03-20, 14:07   Link #85
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
There is a difference between pacifism (the extreme rejection of violence) and not wanting to kill. Sure it's questionable if you're dealing with questionable people who would kill their own comrades over some perverted sense of honor.

Otherwise, it's still a matter of probability and statistic, which is still in the favor of those who can successfully disable their opponents, especially if they do it indiscriminately.
well except the Crossbone Gundam one also has a reason, for the carelessness of losing valuable irreplaceable raw materials that made up the MS they just lost that could be used in place of making life support equipment for the colony inhabitants e.g. an oxygen factory to breathe or else the entire population might suffocate anyways.........
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 14:13   Link #86
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
As far as I know, the series closest to touching pacifism is Wing, and maybe Age.
It was easy in Wing since by the end of the series most of the bad guys were Mobile Dolls.

In AGE it was different since everyone kept screaming at Kio to go for the kill. It's hard to get your "not killing the enemy" point across when your own series in undermining you at every turn.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 14:15   Link #87
Death Usagi
Banned

Is it just me or this series gives me a similar feeling when I watched Gargantia?
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 14:54   Link #88
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, the protagonist's face just creeps me out. Have a feeling I won't be overly loving the character design of this one.

Oh well, let's just hope for the best. Anything really is a step up from the down points of Age.
Old 2014-03-20, 15:08   Link #89
Frontier

Huh. I wasn't expecting Tomino to come back to Gundam, since he seemed adamant about G-Reko being its own thing separate from Gundam. Maybe a combination of it being the 35th anniversary of Gundam, a desire to both refresh the franchise and potentially get a bigger audience for the story he wanted to tell, were what motivated him to turn G-Reko into Reconguista in G?

Just going off the trailer alone, it certainly looks like it'll be different form the current fare of Gundam. Plot wise, it'll be interesting to see where Tomino takes the story of the "Reguild Century" since it doesn't seem like Reconguista will be a traditional war story. I can see it either being standalone like Victory, or potentially bridging UC to Turn A. All in all though, while I love and enjoy Gundam for what it traditionally is, I can appreciate the fresh take that Reonguista seems to be .

Honestly, even as someone who loves Eureka 7 and enjoyed AO until its ending, the first thing I thought of when I saw the animation was Turn A. I mean, I see the overlap in character designers but the designs, particularly the hair, give off a real Turn A vibe for me. I guess it helps that I saw Turn A long after watching both Eureka 7 and AO .

I think the Gundam looks... interesting. Actually, I get the feeling that interesting is going to potentially be an apt description for a lot of stuff in Reconguista .

Though what the heck happened to Haro ?

Though on the topic of pacifism, I don't think, as a concept or ideal, that it's inherently wrong. I don't think that just because a person wishes for peace, or doesn't want to kill anyone, that it makes them weak or bad characters, naive as they may be. I also don't think Age handled its pacifist angle very well, so I can understand why people would be tired of it, not that I think it'll be an issue for Reconguista .

Last edited by Frontier; 2014-03-21 at 23:08.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 15:43   Link #90
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
were what motivated him to turn G-Reko into Reconquista in G?
Ask sunrise
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 16:13   Link #91
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Ask sunrise
Ditto. Tomino has made it clear that this show isn't much of a Gundam in substance. He's merely using the setting but it appears Sunrise chose to slapped the Gundam name on.
Old 2014-03-20, 16:17   Link #92
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Ditto. Tomino has made it clear that this show isn't much of a Gundam in substance. He's merely using the setting but it appears Sunrise chose to slapped the Gundam name on.
And the main mech. It may have a different type of face, but that's a Gundam. I'd recognise it anywhere.

I wonder how long after UC this is.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 16:18   Link #93
kuroihikari2

Quote:
even if his targets are now disarmed but still capable of moving around & trying to escape, what happens if said target encountered another opponent in the area while still unarmed? how can he/she fight back? well its like giving that person a chance to live but only to be ended by another person who may or may not on your own side?
IIRC, in most cases he targets both sides of a conflict, the only ones he keeps armed are those he can't disarm or the ones he thinks won't kill indiscriminately. He can't disarm pilots' sidearms, or whatnot, so he stops what he can stop: the mobile weapons, nothing else.

Anyway, pacifism is a good thing, I don't understand why anyone would be against it. The problem is that some series portray it in a way which makes characters actions inconsistent or hypocritical.
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 16:34   Link #94
Algent

I don't remember having issues with E7 design but I really have trouble with this PV for some reason .

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah, the protagonist's face just creeps me out. Have a feeling I won't be overly loving the character design of this one.
Same here, and that smile... not even 1min of PV and I already want to hit him in the face, It's a first .
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 16:36   Link #95
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

I demand Moonlight Butterfly end
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 17:38   Link #96
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
Loving the character designs. Really liking that MC design, his happy expression in the pv gives my high hopes of him being a bloodthirsty war seeking soldier
Old 2014-03-20, 17:40   Link #97
monster

Quote:
well except the Crossbone Gundam one also has a reason, for the carelessness of losing valuable irreplaceable raw materials that made up the MS they just lost that could be used in place of making life support equipment for the colony inhabitants e.g. an oxygen factory to breathe or else the entire population might suffocate anyways.........
As opposed to them being killed by the enemy in the first place? Sorry, I don't see how you can justify killing someone for failing to be killed.
Old 2014-03-20, 18:10   Link #98
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algent View Post
Same here, and that smile... not even 1min of PV and I already want to hit him in the face, It's a first .
It's because he looks too happy. The series needs a Tomino killing-spreed to take him down a peg.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 18:23   Link #99
starocean90

There is an update of the tone of the show
"Tomino, “Reconguista is not for the UC fans but for children”
http://zakitakubu.com/2014/03/20/tom...-for-children/
starocean90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 18:49   Link #100
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Ahaha after Urobuchi here comes Tomino with relatively lighter real robot series

Make no mistake, I expect bloodshed in this one too, just that it won't be Victory level of depressing. After Brain Powered, who knows. Tomino's mood are unpredictable like that.