AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-25, 13:02   Link #21
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Yeah, but the Amalgam guys all hated Gauron and considered him an outsider. Said so themselves. I'd want to hear it from Leonard or someone...
Old 2007-01-28, 02:04   Link #22
FlawlessAccident

I have only seen the animes and 1-7 volumes of the manga, nothing else. But from my point of view, I believe that Kalinin is Majid, the one who adopted Sousuke after Sousuke and and band of assassins attempted to kill him. Nothing else would explain how Sousuke met Kalinin and also how they fought Gauron when Sousuke was 8. In the end of TSR, Kalinin says to Sousuke, " You have a face of a man now, I shall take you out to lunch sometime ( I don't remember it well). But when he said this, he said it in a fatherly way. Also, Sousuke also says in one episode and in the manga that when he and Kalinin first met, they were enemies. He described Kalinin as a difficult man to kill and comforted Tessa with this fact when she was worried about him. There is also a flashback of Sousuke shooting Gauron in the head, the way Sousuke stands next to Kalinin is too apprentice-like. I also have a theory that Sousuke may have memory loss or something or some amneisa. In TSR, Gauron also said that Sousuke had eyes of a "saint" when he was young. But now Sousuke no longer has those kind of eyes which may hint of a traumatic shock of some sort that affected his memory.
Old 2007-01-28, 05:33   Link #23
Miles Teg

Majid and Kalinin are two completely different person.

Majid was an Afghan whereas Kalinin was an officer in the spetsnaz during the Afghan war. Sousuke has tried to kill Kalinin and has been captured thats the reason why Sousuke know that Kalinin is hard to kill.

The eye of the "saint" for Gauron was the eye of a cold blood killer someone who don't give a damn about people dying, who do his job without any kind of remorse, and the traumatic shock who has make him lost the eye of a "Saint" was Chidori Kaname .
Old 2007-01-28, 07:47   Link #24
jimbo98765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
Majid and Kalinin are two completely different person.

Majid was an Afghan whereas Kalinin was an officer in the spetsnaz during the Afghan war. Sousuke has tried to kill Kalinin and has been captured thats the reason why Sousuke know that Kalinin is hard to kill.

The eye of the "saint" for Gauron was the eye of a cold blood killer someone who don't give a damn about people dying, who do his job without any kind of remorse, and the traumatic shock who has make him lost the eye of a "Saint" was Chidori Kaname .
I like Sousuke the Saint better. Badass.
Old 2007-01-28, 10:00   Link #25
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
I think this thread will be merged with the Spoiler thread, in the first place.

Spoiler for answers to the thread:
Old 2007-01-28, 15:36   Link #26
FlawlessAccident

Kalinin and Sousuke fought against Gauron when Sousuke was 8. In the anime, Kalinin says a band of assassins attempted to kill Majid and that one of them was a boy who wasnt even 8 years old. That is Sousuke. Wouldn't it make sense if Kalinin was Majid who took in Sousuke after he tried to kill him and fought Gauron later on when Sousuke was 8? Also, can someone tell me a good site for Full Metal Panic manga?

Last edited by FlawlessAccident; 2007-01-28 at 15:52.
Old 2007-01-28, 16:31   Link #27
Miles Teg

The manga is licensed in the US/Europe so we can't give you the name of a site to download the manga.

If you have watched the TV series then you don't need to read the manga, the difference are minor between the two.

Majhid and Kalinin are two completely different person it's not a guess, it's a fact, Majhid was the leader of a Muslim Resistance group, whereas Kalinin was an officer of a Spetsnaz Unit send to kill Majhid.

Everything has been tell in the first story of the 18th novel : "Side Arms 2 - Kyokuhoku Kara no Koe"

If you want more info (most of them are accurate) you could go to the wiki page of Sagara Sousuke
Old 2007-01-28, 16:38   Link #28
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
Thanks, Miles, that really helps flesh out Sosuke for me.
Old 2007-01-28, 21:24   Link #29
FlawlessAccident

So Sousuke was in Kalinin's group sent to kill Majid?
Old 2007-01-29, 03:47   Link #30
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawlessAccident View Post
So Sousuke was in Kalinin's group sent to kill Majid?
No he has been sent something like 2 years before Kalinin arrived/found him.

Sousuke was working for the KGB and Kalinin didn't know that the KGB was using children to create assassin that's one of the reason why he has deserted.
Old 2007-03-17, 08:33   Link #31
BDeauman

Talking

Oops wrong thread

But no, I don't think he's a Traitor

Last edited by BDeauman; 2007-03-17 at 08:34. Reason: Wrong thread :(
Old 2011-06-28, 21:48   Link #32
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I know it's late for this thread, but it seems we can say yes now.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Closed Thread