Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-04, 18:12   Link #1961
NK_500
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyuno View Post
Project K @ K

Maybe not in English-speaking countries but in my country it much like a zombie apocalypse scenario except the zombies are K fanboys and fangirls(though mostly fangirls as they are the target audiences of the show). I'm also disappointed that it already plague Animesuki as well although this can be explained that some of the Southeast Asian members bragging about it.

I also hate when people categorize this show as "shounen" even it is clear who the target audience is. It also had too many bishies and lack of decent female characters.
Also seconding K as well. Since I only saw 1st episode I can't say much but I do hate how Animax-Asia hyped it as a "shounen action show" while technically isn't. While it may an action show but I doubt it was made for "shounen" audiences. It just an action show for girls, at least in my opinion.

While not everyone seems to love this show but I think School Days also need to be mentioned here. To be honest I just don't have much to say about the show itself but rather its mess that come many years after. I fed up to see the "debate" between its fans and haters, which not even a debate to begin with. Just bunch of trolls hissing at each other. I bet non-Japanese anime communities can be a little bit better place if School Days never existed.
Old 2013-01-04, 20:42   Link #1962
kitten320

Considering how every second show is about cute girls or massively over sized bust size girls, I think we deserve at least few shows with cool guys in them =/

Didn't watch K yet though.

But I've been hearing same complaint on every thread with bishounen characters. I mostly get annoyed to see those in Hakuouki threads.
So having thousands of fanservice shows for guys is good, but having several for girls is bad? and in Hakuouki case it doesn't even focus on whole guy thing that much, it shows actual history with some fantasy elements!
Old 2013-01-04, 20:45   Link #1963
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Girls und Panzer

It's pretty unrealistic. I don't even find it even cute as well except for the girl with the bikini.

Bad aiming is a major factor. Everything is obviously on the protagonists' advantage even at the very beginning... The opposing group are dumb.. very dumb. Even the famous tank commanders won't watch this.

I prefer Upotte.
Old 2013-01-04, 20:50   Link #1964
KojiKondoFan
Old School Otaku

I can suffer through almost any anime, but I despise Harems and refuse to watch them no matter how many people like them.
Old 2013-01-04, 20:54   Link #1965
kitten320

^For me it usually depends but for most part I do try to avoid them lately =/
After watching few they get boring because we always have a loser of a MC and bunch of simple minded girls running behind the guy.
Old 2013-01-04, 21:16   Link #1966
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Been almost a year, so I figure eh why not? My "strong dislike" list is in need of an update.

Previous ones I've put here:

Quote:
Heaven's Lost Property (Sora no Otoshimono)
Highschool of the Dead
Qwaser of Stigmata (Seikon no Qwaser)
Infinite Stratos
To-LOVE-Ru
My Bride is a Mermaid (Seto no Hanayome)
Kampfer
The Familiar of Zero (Zero no Tsukaima)

Now then...

Medaka Box - I was intrigued that it was a Shounen Jump series that really stood apart from the majority of what the magazine usually has and read the first few chapters of the manga, talk about an incredibly dull concept. I don't like the titular character either, someone who's perfect right from the start really has no worth towards my investment.

Fairy Tail - I gave this one a fair chance and read exactly 50 chapters of the manga before deciding it was't worth following. There's not much I can say about this really aside from that it feels way more fan-pandering than OP does, which isn't really something I find good.

Is This a Zombie? (Kore wa Zombie desu ka?) - The only positive I'd give this series is that I at least like it's concept of a zombie, which is way more unique compared to other things I have seen. Otherwise it's shit. I couldn't care less about the characters and I rarely find it funny.
Old 2013-01-04, 21:24   Link #1967
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Medaka Box - I was intrigued that it was a Shounen Jump series that really stood apart from the majority of what the magazine usually has and read the first few chapters of the manga, talk about an incredibly dull concept. I don't like the titular character either, someone who's perfect right from the start really has no worth towards my investment.
How far did you get into it?Not saying that you'd end up liking it but anyone that likes Medaka box will tell you that the first few chapters of the manga are by far the least interesting thing about it,there was a complete retool after a few chapters and the concept is completely changed from what it originally was.
Old 2013-01-04, 21:41   Link #1968
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
How far did you get into it?Not saying that you'd end up liking it but anyone that likes Medaka box will tell you that the first few chapters of the manga are by far the least interesting thing about it,there was a complete retool after a few chapters and the concept is completely changed from what it originally was.
I'm already aware that the concept supposedly changes partway through, but at this point I don't really care.

Besides, I don't like Medaka, so I don't really want to continue to follow a series with a main protagonist I don't like.
Old 2013-01-04, 22:02   Link #1969
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
Not to get into an argument here, but I find Kara No Kyoukai to be a much more interesting series than the other Nasuverse series precisely because Shiki is not stupidly overpowered on a Dragonball-level. Shiki's fights seem more exciting simply because there is a sense of danger. She is not immune to bullets, knives or other weapons (granted we never see her get shot with a gun, but I think we can assuming it would hurt her) etc. To put it in the words of Shirou of F/SN, she dies if she is killed.
I think you’re kinda missing my point here. I’m not complaining about Shiki being vulnerable. I was precisely complaining about Shiki’s skill which is, to borrow your term, “stupidly overpowered” (able kill/destroy anything with just one stab) and ridiculous to me. You can argue about how “cool” and “make sense” Mystic Eyes of Death Perception is, but I just don’t (and will never) buy it.
Old 2013-01-05, 00:48   Link #1970
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I think you’re kinda missing my point here. I’m not complaining about Shiki being vulnerable. I was precisely complaining about Shiki’s skill which is, to borrow your term, “stupidly overpowered” (able kill/destroy anything with just one stab) and ridiculous to me. You can argue about how “cool” and “make sense” Mystic Eyes of Death Perception is, but I just don’t (and will never) buy it.
I just meant that it makes kind of a bit of an interesting combination, a character who is defensively a normal human, but has an overpowered attack. Nice change from boring invincible hero with overpowered attack.
Old 2013-01-05, 01:47   Link #1971
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
I just meant that it makes kind of a bit of an interesting combination, a character who is defensively a normal human, but has an overpowered attack. Nice change from boring invincible hero with overpowered attack.
Then why did you quote me? In my original post, I never addressed about the combination of OP skill with vulnerable body. If we’re to break down our posts to their basic content, it would be like this:

I said: “The concept of Mystic Eyes of Death Perception is ridiculous”
You said: “The combination of Shiki's normal body and OP skill is interesting”

See? Our arguments don’t connect. You might as well post your comment without quoting me.

For a good example, please check erneiz hyde’s response to other part of my comment:
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
It's understandable. Nasuverse is chock full with convoluted, deeply chuu2 concepts which is probably hard to appreciate if you don't have that chuu2 switch on yourself. Death Note is indeed chuu2 to a degree, but tame compared to that of Nasuverse.
In that post, he understood my point and replied to it accordingly.
Old 2013-01-05, 18:25   Link #1972
NK_500
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Considering how every second show is about cute girls or massively over sized bust size girls, I think we deserve at least few shows with cool guys in them =/

But I've been hearing same complaint on every thread with bishounen characters. I mostly get annoyed to see those in Hakuouki threads.
So having thousands of fanservice shows for guys is good, but having several for girls is bad? and in Hakuouki case it doesn't even focus on whole guy thing that much, it shows actual history with some fantasy elements!
Let me say this: I don't hate K because it had bishies but rather false advertisement by Animax-Asia.

Lots of my favorite had bishies at least in outward appearance like Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin and Reiji from Gatekeepers for examples. Kenshin can changed himself from a nice guy into a badass. Reiji also a badass and cool villain too. K simply lack of those and instead degenerates into what GenjiChan described earlier, fujioshi paradise. It just the same criticism towards my all-time favorite shows K-On where 20-something women attacked that show and say "paradise for fat lonely otakus who can't and will never have a girlfriend".

It is true that I'm not its target audience but it was false advertisement that really hurt me the most. Two guys blushing to each other? WTF?!
Old 2013-01-05, 22:01   Link #1973
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

That's one reason I didn't watch K. I didn't really know what I would be getting into. All I heard was ppl talking about the visuals and Neko.
Old 2013-01-06, 01:18   Link #1974
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK_500 View Post
It just the same criticism towards my all-time favorite shows K-On where 20-something women attacked that show and say "paradise for fat lonely otakus who can't and will never have a girlfriend".
Every 20-something woman I know who has seen the series K-On! loved it ... what part of the planet are you on where someone says goofy nonsense like that? The general reception I've heard was it was a great demographic-CROSSING series that both sexes of many ages could find amusing.
Old 2013-01-06, 08:29   Link #1975
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Whats a chapter number from where it supposedly gets "good."
Old 2013-01-06, 09:06   Link #1976
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Every 20-something woman I know who has seen the series K-On! loved it ... what part of the planet are you on where someone says goofy nonsense like that?
I've certainly seen people say goofy nonsense like that, though I always assumed they were the usual "moeshit is ruining anime!!1!" crowd. Never had any reason to suspect they were 20-something women, specifically.
Old 2013-01-06, 09:44   Link #1977
NK_500
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Every 20-something woman I know who has seen the series K-On! loved it ... what part of the planet are you on where someone says goofy nonsense like that? The general reception I've heard was it was a great demographic-CROSSING series that both sexes of many ages could find amusing.
I forgot to add little details on those people. Most of them are fujioshi or shoujo extremists. I still remember on how I was attacked by them just because I like K-On years ago. Today they still are although their presence are not as many as that time.
Old 2013-01-06, 16:18   Link #1978
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post

That's what seriously pissed me off though about the complaints about K.

Ok, you don't like the show that's cool...it's not the best written series out there, but most of the complaints were seriously just because it focused more on guys than women.

But if Lt. Big Boobs and Neko were the stars, it'd be 'HOLY SHIT THIS IS AWESOME!!!'

Hakuoki had pretty men, but it was more of a historical drama than anything. But yet, it was all 'HOMOS' on the boards.

Look, I"m female...I get that most anime is aimed at Japanese males. I do...and I don't mind it too much for the most part. Hell, one of my favorite series is High School of the Dead, which is basically T&A plus gore. I just stay away from the really gross ecchi stuff.

But if a female-oriented series is a hit, it's "LOLWUT? THIS SUX'.
Old 2013-01-06, 16:38   Link #1979
kitten320

In other words... MEN!

As long as something isn't done their way it is bad. And I'm not talking about anime here, it is in every day life =/

You guys really should stop being such self centered egoists -_-
Old 2013-01-06, 16:39   Link #1980
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Oh Christ, I sound like a total feminazi now which SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO isn't my attention....

Men are weird.
Closed Thread