AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-07-26, 04:47   Link #41
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

I find the key to enjoying this filler arc is ignoring everything with Sora in it. Everything else is pretty good.

I guess they couldn't budget more characters because Tenten would so own those zombies. Finally she can throw weapons at ninja who don't just move away.

More sexual tension next week between Naruto and Fuuka. And the anime threw ShikaIno fans a little bone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post
It's a bit odd that everyone seems completely incabable of procuring a strategy when Shikamaru is around. It's almost as if they switch their brain off as soon as there's a genius amongst them. Now you have the Hokage relying solely on a chuunin for an advisor, despite the fact that his jounin father is also a genius, more experienced and probably a better strategist than Shikamaru.

Finally, Shikamaru arrives at the scene. What is the solution?
"Were gonna go ALL-OUT NOW!" Awesome plan!
One minute later "Oh, they're all finished!"
"Yeah, Yamato finally finished toying with with the hyped-up doton user..."
I think the whole point of that was to show the difference between the transvestite strategist who avoids combat and Shikamaru who wanted to get on the battlefield. I guess if you are a strategist who avoids fighting you are a coward who deserves Sakura punching a giant hole in your chest. Or something like that.
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-26, 14:39   Link #42
Sander RX

Am I the only one disturbed by one of the filler biths Raitons called Hiraishin?
Sander RX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-26, 14:50   Link #43
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sander RX View Post
Am I the only one disturbed by one of the filler biths Raitons called Hiraishin?
probably. There are two techniques that shares a word, what's the big deal?
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-26, 15:19   Link #44
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

To you, not much. To Yondaime fans, its like a filler character using a Suiton technique called 'Rasengan' or a Fuuton technique called 'Chidori'

I don't know about Sander, but to me, it shows once again that these fillers are just shows put together to fill the space, and that the script writers for them don't bother to do proper research.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-26, 15:25   Link #45
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

I don't understand... if all they needed to do to stop Limelight is defeat one of the risen guys, why didn't they all just gang up on one?
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-26, 15:46   Link #46
wtfftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post
It's a bit odd that everyone seems completely incabable of procuring a strategy when Shikamaru is around. It's almost as if they switch their brain off as soon as there's a genius amongst them. Now you have the Hokage relying solely on a chuunin for an advisor, despite the fact that his jounin father is also a genius, more experienced and probably a better strategist than Shikamaru.

Finally, Shikamaru arrives at the scene. What is the solution?
"Were gonna go ALL-OUT NOW!" Awesome plan!
One minute later "Oh, they're all finished!"
"Yeah, Yamato finally finished toying with with the hyped-up doton user..."

It's a pity that with all of Konoha fighting and even third rate chuunins making an appearance (even Iruka managed to snag some screen-time in this arc), Neji, Hinata and Shino are unnoticably absent (honorary mention goes out to Ten Ten ).

Overall it's a decent episode. This filler is pretty good (as far as filler goes). I always prefer anime original filler over time-filler.
lol your so right
wtfftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-26, 15:53   Link #47
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish View Post
I don't understand... if all they needed to do to stop Limelight is defeat one of the risen guys, why didn't they all just gang up on one?
Would be a short filler that way.
Old 2008-07-26, 17:56   Link #48
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
To you, not much. To Yondaime fans, its like a filler character using a Suiton technique called 'Rasengan' or a Fuuton technique called 'Chidori'.
Seriously, whatever. It's not like that filler girl is using Yondaime's technique, she's using a technique that happens to share the name. Actually even the names are different, Yondaime's technique is called Hiraishin no Jutsu, while the filler chick used Raiton: Hiraishin.
Old 2008-07-26, 18:01   Link #49
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Raiton merely stands for 'lightning style'. No jutsu merely stands for 'technique' the name of the technique is Hiraishin in both cases.

Anyway, I'm just miffed that they didn't even bother to remember that before writing the script.
Old 2008-07-26, 18:11   Link #50
Cox
BEETLEJUICE!

Who knows... maybe they knew and thought we would be dumb and miss it :P
Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-26, 20:01   Link #51
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Or the Flying Thunder God technique sparked so much talk that people tried to emulate the technique with Raiton or taijutsu techniques and failed. Either way, that is hardly a cause for concern.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-26, 22:56   Link #52
Sander RX

I think it rather points to their lazyness in making names,cause Flying Thunder God doesnt fit the nature of that jutsu...its like something closer to Chidori Nagashi then something that involves any form of locomotion(the Flying part),nor is anything godly about it.
Sander RX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-27, 12:11   Link #53
Yong

1. Why don't they use some teamwork and kill one of those 4 guys and stop everything?
2. Why do they have to stay and fight the never-ending zombies when they know that it's never-ending?
3. Does Konoha only have about 20ish ninjas?
4. Why is Tsunade so worthless?
Yong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-27, 12:20   Link #54
AceD
See You En' Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yong View Post
1. Why don't they use some teamwork and kill one of those 4 guys and stop everything?
2. Why do they have to stay and fight the never-ending zombies when they know that it's never-ending?
your using real life logic for the narutoworld....this is kinda pointless
AceD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-27, 17:51   Link #55
neshru

for those that can't take it anymore, these may be the titles for episodes 70-73 (from ANN)

Spoiler:

Last edited by neshru; 2008-07-28 at 06:54.
Old 2008-07-27, 21:19   Link #56
Subaru-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
for those that can't take it anymore, these maybe be the titles for episodes 70-73 (from ANN)

Spoiler:
Finally some light at the end of the tunnel
Subaru-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-27, 21:24   Link #57
BlackShinobi07

Are the fillers almost over yet?
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 02:10   Link #58
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Raiton merely stands for 'lightning style'. No jutsu merely stands for 'technique' the name of the technique is Hiraishin in both cases.

Anyway, I'm just miffed that they didn't even bother to remember that before writing the script.
well, it's not like they've never fixed stuff before for dvds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yong View Post
1) Their forces are spread thin as it is, spreading it out even more won't help
2) Maybe because they're trying to delay them so they don't progress farther into the city?
3) I have no answer for this
4) That's like telling the President of the United States to pick up a gun and join the war.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 05:20   Link #59
waterchan

That was a grizzly death... the one where Yamato squished the earth user guy. I actually cringed.
waterchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 06:44   Link #60
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Did anyone see the movie preview? Does 'Air Ninjas' sound a little lame to anyone? It's a good plot driver though. Most importantly, i HOPE that Naruto's Raisengan or whatever isn't the finishing move like the rest of them T__T
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote