AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-25, 02:14   Link #41
Fronzel
Schmuck

That wimpy wolf from Wolf's Rain, I demand that it's human "avatar" is female....because I prefer it that way.

And I thought Yotsuba from Yotsubato! was a little boy. Eh.
Old 2004-06-25, 04:38   Link #42
Mark0rz

tsubasa - ranma 1/2
zoisite - sailormoon
that one dude from his and her cirumstance
that one dude from fruits basket
that one dude from peace maker kurogane
some people from project a-ko
Old 2004-06-25, 05:07   Link #43
Spooky-Electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
y'know, there are STILL people convinced that he was a she...
When Haku was talking to Naruto in the forest I was like "wow, this chicks kinda hot".

Seriously though I thought Sai from Hikaru no Go was a girl. In the manga it looks like he's wearing lipstick. And of course Kazuki from GetBackers I thought was a girl.

Mistaken genders is my most hated kind of character design. I hate when guys look like girls and in the rare case vice versa.
Old 2004-06-25, 18:54   Link #44
H2-FumoGuu
パンツ。。。好き

Ah speaking of Hikago I was couldn't figure out whether Touya was a girl or a guy when I first saw him. And when I first saw the untranslated Tenjo Tenge manga I thought that black crossdresser was a girl.
Old 2004-06-25, 19:19   Link #45
matrix_nicolas

don't forget that character from Hunter x Hunter.... U know who I'm talking about... Still have no idea what gender that character is....
Old 2004-06-25, 19:21   Link #46
Silver_Scorcher

For me, it would have to be Nichol from Gundam SEED. My guess is, alot of people really didn't know what he was. I mean, he looked like a girl, sounded like a girl (in the Japanese diologue), had a girls name and was voiced by a woman in the Japanese version. And at times in the former Anime Junkies translations, they reffered to Nichol as a she. It was only when the English cast was announced and I saw that it was a male playing Nichol that I knew he was a boy. Otherwise I wouldn't have had a friggin clue as to what Nichol was.
Old 2004-06-29, 16:25   Link #47
LilleNisse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky-Electric
When Haku was talking to Naruto in the forest I was like "wow, this chicks kinda hot". .

I thought the same thing. I even went like woohoo this girl is the cutest of them all!
Boy did I feel like a fool when I got to know it was a he.
I even spent time just to look over and see if it wasnt a she.
I mean, there signs that its a she I think. When Haku is with Naruto in the forest for once, she, um I mean he, had this pink dress like thing. Sure I thought what, a girl without breasts? But stil thought it was a girl. And the long hair, the cute eyes. Man I feel homosexual
Old 2004-06-29, 16:42   Link #48
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilleNisse
I thought the same thing. I even went like woohoo this girl is the cutest of them all!
Boy did I feel like a fool when I got to know it was a he.
I even spent time just to look over and see if it wasnt a she.
I mean, there signs that its a she I think. When Haku is with Naruto in the forest for once, she, um I mean he, had this pink dress like thing. Sure I thought what, a girl without breasts? But stil thought it was a girl. And the long hair, the cute eyes. Man I feel homosexual
my reaction when Haku said "By the way, i'm a boy" was the same as Naruto's
In that scene, Haku looked more like Tazuna's daughter more than an effeminate ninja
i wouldn't be surprised that, when/if Naruto gets licensed by 4kids and put on the Fox Box, Haku became a boy...i mean c'mon it'd really only be changing 1 joke and a bunch of pronouns -_-
Old 2004-06-29, 17:07   Link #49
White_Line

Send a message via AIM to White_Line
Wink

Hahahaha

I agree with all of you when I first saw Haku I thought he was a girl...though when he first appeared with his mask my thoughts were he was definatly a guy and then with the Naruto scene I was really confused becuase it looked like he was wearing a pink dress... Oo;

Toboe from Wolf's Rain as well... I had to ask my sister whether he was a guy or a girl. ^^;

That girl from Hellsing...I have seen pictures of her but I never knew that she was a girl. Oo;

PMK, I looked at some screenshots and I thought.... I forgot his name... was a girl... OO;

Don't you just luv gender confusion? XD
Old 2004-06-29, 23:25   Link #50
Aoi Tenshi
3l1te

Send a message via AIM to Aoi Tenshi
But you have to admit....nothing beats Nuriko from Fushigi Yugi.
She....er hum...correction...well he is a gay cross dresser I should say. But what really threw me off was the voice, I mean they could cast a girl with a lower voice. So at least the viewer can distiguish.
And yes, Kadzuki from Get Backers.....sometimes some scenes just plain disturbing.
Old 2004-06-29, 23:33   Link #51
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi Tenshi
But you have to admit....nothing beats Nuriko from Fushigi Yugi.
She....er hum...correction...well he is a gay cross dresser I should say. But what really threw me off was the voice, I mean they could cast a girl with a lower voice. So at least the viewer can distiguish.
And yes, Kadzuki from Get Backers.....sometimes some scenes just plain disturbing.
in Tokyopop's translation of GetBackers, Kazuki's a woman (even called "The Seamstress")
Old 2004-06-30, 00:54   Link #52
Aoi Tenshi
3l1te

Send a message via AIM to Aoi Tenshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
in Tokyopop's translation of GetBackers, Kazuki's a woman (even called "The Seamstress")
Yes, that I admit. But you cannot hide the fact that he is a guy, male.....otoko...
Old 2004-06-30, 01:37   Link #53
ClancyDamon
クラシー デマン

Send a message via AIM to ClancyDamon
That guy with the rose whip from Yu Yu Hakasho raised some homophobia in me. The real horror was that guy from Me, My Strawberry Eggs. I only saw a few screens before watching the 1st episode!!! I didn't know!!
Old 2004-06-30, 01:37   Link #54
Za Paper

If you watch enough anime you can find the little hints that determine gender. The only ones I was ever fooled by was Kino and Dilandau.
Old 2004-06-30, 02:53   Link #55
Melty Snow
<3 WoW undead girls

I though Shen Long from E's Otherwise was a well-toned she... blame that on Anime Junkies .
Very recently...
Samurai 7 - the green haired samurai from the back = hot samurai chick
Kurau: PM - thought Kurau was a guy in the beginning
Old 2004-06-30, 12:19   Link #56
New Jersey ALT

Half of the males in the .hack/ series look like girls and i cant even begin to try to sort them out. also the Chinese girl in Happy Lesson just confused me for a bit . And finaly the white haired women on dual, my tv has really bad reception of that channel tho.
Old 2004-06-30, 13:09   Link #57
Saitou00

Yuki and Momiji from Fruits Basket
Soujiro and that scythe weilding crossdresser from RK
Okita from Peacemaker
and nobody can forget about Haku
Old 2004-06-30, 13:22   Link #58
foxdie

Quote:
The only ones I was ever fooled by was Kino and Dilandau.
ME TOO, and I just realised Kino was a girl in this tread. I just saw one ep though, I'm planning to see them all when iI have time. But the Dilandau thing was very weird indeed.
Old 2004-06-30, 15:43   Link #59
Ending

Ai from Full Metal Alchemist, and I still have difficulties thinking "her" as "him" because of the voice that big pile of metal uses.
Old 2004-06-30, 16:10   Link #60
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Yeah, I had mistaken a lot of character genders when I was new to watching anime. I think the first one was Momiji from Fruit Baskets because he was so cute and pretty that I thought he was a she and the cross dressing didn't help either. In Gundam Seed I never did figure out if Nicole was a guy or girl and I'm still not sure. The most recent one was probably Haku from Naruto. I had no clue that he was a boy when I first saw that episode and was I so shocked! I was so sure he was a girl because of the pretty face, womanly voice, pink yukata, and neck bracelet (I didn't pay attention to the chest because he had such a pretty face )