AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

View Poll Results: Favorite Characters in Soul Eater
Maka 137 35.49%
Soul 125 32.38%
Black*Star 107 27.72%
Tsubaki 99 25.65%
Death The Kid 200 51.81%
Patty Thompson 59 15.28%
Liz Thompson 55 14.25%
Prof. Stein 126 32.64%
Shinigami-sama 70 18.13%
Death Scythe 57 14.77%
Medusa 76 19.69%
Chrona 63 16.32%
Free 22 5.70%
Eruka 27 6.99%
Blair 67 17.36%
Mifune 30 7.77%
Excalibur 51 13.21%
Other (please list) 18 4.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 386. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-24, 19:30   Link #81
OutSmart
Comic Relief

well, i probably shouldnt have used generation then..

i failed to explain my self. ill try again though: i'm not couting humans or non humans i'm counting characters, its not like scientific data, i'm just sying that from all the serie's shibusen Grown ups with less that 99999999999999thousand years of existence (yup lets take kami out of the equation) stein is the strongest. I ment shibusen student generations.

Stein was the best meister (at least i got that idea somewhere i'm not sure) of his gen along with maka's mother (dunno know how hot it is so its out the equation too lol), being the same gen as them all those death scythes like justin and the council student chick and spirit etc. Now we have a new set of shibusen students and the son of the death god him self, Kid-kun, is the strongest (yup he's a god, then again it rly doesnt matter yet, he isnt rly behaving god like.. he is just pure kick ass, like stein)

I do agree with what you said about stein-black star though, they both have that wavelength techinique without the need of a scythe so they mirror each other on that point
Old 2008-10-25, 07:36   Link #82
lmd_84

Stein was described by Shinigami as the current strongest Tech in Shibusen. Or words to that effect. The Death Scythes are, supposedly by definition, amongst if not the strongest Weapons around.

On the basis of strongest Techs of a certain age Kami's already out of the equation because Spirit said outright in episode 5 that Stein is stronger even than her, who made him into a Death Scythe.

Clarste's right about Stein and Kid. They're not really comparable, being different species and all. One would indeed have a closer comparison on Techs who can fight without Weapons with Stein and Black Star, who can also both use soul wavelength offensively.

I think Kid being a god does matter, because even though he's only really been seen to fight like other Techs, the fact he's a shinigami is always something that's in the background as a fundamental difference between himself and his human peers. Stein makes a point of noting the "difference in level" in episode 6.

And for an example of what Kid's kind can do, just refer to episode 24.
Old 2008-10-25, 07:53   Link #83
OutSmart
Comic Relief

ok, I give up lol

i actually agree with that stein-star thing he said, as i already stated, but kid IS a student a shibusen as stein was, and IS a powerfull master, the strongest of the guys who look the same age as him. Yeh he is a god, already said i know that, but up until now he is just a shibusen student, who's the son of death, lol. But ok, its not fair to compair them since he is a god, even though he has not been god-like, except for god like fun.

But hey, they are my fav characters because:
-they are strong as hell (maybe this way is better)
-One of them is full of madness and the other can't react normally while looking at something symmetrical or otherwise fucked up (so they all have somekind of problem within them, although kid-kun's is awesome)
-and they both look kick ass fun, with their unique style.

In the end I'm compairing them agaion lol, but can't I say this? PLZ dont beat me down ^^
Old 2008-10-25, 09:18   Link #84
lmd_84

You're quite right about the similarities between Kid and Stein in how they look at things; both are different from the norm. One thing I'd like to see from Kid is whether he can fight like Shinigami or not.

I would also love to see Stein take out his 'dissection' desire on Kid, like he did with the others in Duel Arts practice. Simply because it's bad enough against anyone else, but having him try to fight someone with Kid's obsession with order would just be entertainingly horrible. I can absolutely see Stein using it as an way to find out more about the shinigami, whom he's previously expressed an interest in any way.
Old 2008-10-25, 09:30   Link #85
OutSmart
Comic Relief

wow nice, kid VS shimigami.. i dont think i would live to see anotehr day after that. except if it happens what i think it probably would: shimigami would turn his shadow/coat nto someting symmetrical and then shimigami chop kid-kun to death, or K.O (not quite seing him dye lol)

now about that study of the death god through his child could be something stein would do, under the effect of the madness wavelengh or just because he can't control his dissedting desire. that s a pretty interesting idea.
Old 2008-10-25, 09:58   Link #86
lmd_84

Kid vs Shinigami? Not what I was meaning, but never mind. It's a neat idea, though personally I can't see it happening unless Kid ends up getting infected with the insanity wavelength.

The thing about Stein wanting to dissect Kid (he said so in ep6, I think?) is that we now know that he follows Shinigami for his own reasons, so he might not actually act on his desire to find out more about the young death god simply because of who Kid's father is. Although, as you say, the insanity wavelength could make that more likely. I don't think it'll happen in canon, but I like the idea.
Old 2008-10-25, 10:08   Link #87
OutSmart
Comic Relief

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmd_84 View Post
One thing I'd like to see from Kid is whether he can fight like Shinigami or not.

yeh fight like shimigami, not fight shimigami, sorry missnoticed that

anyhow, how cool would that be? under any circunstances: training; death god or kid-kun goes wild; arthas (warcraft) style "its my time to be king" ..

- -

But for now, i just remembered another reason why shimigami shouldn't be an option on the fav charr list, cause its to unfair for the other chars, Here it goes:
- shimigami-sama uses jet-pack to fly

I mean... how can you beat that??? I can't believe that the creater of soul eater was strong enough to stop him self from making a whole manga/anime with shimigami flying around in his jet-pack

That would be pure gold, i think i'm going to license this right about now

lol ^^
Old 2008-10-25, 10:54   Link #88
lmd_84

"My time to be king"? Sounds very Black Star.

Kid is described as Shinigami's heir, so possible he's already under the impression he'll get his dad's job at some point in time. He really respects his father's authority, though, so I can't see Kid challenging Shinigami when he's in his right mind.

Unless Kid's got something more up his symmetrical sleeves than being faster and stronger than the human Techs, he wouldn't last long against his father. Asura knocked Kid out with frightening ease, and Shinigami caused his old friend quite a bit of trouble before the Kishin escaped.

The jet thing took a moment for me to get. In the manga, I thought Shinigami just had altered his robes a bit. *shrug* Flying Death. Eek. This one doesn't need a skateboard.
Old 2008-10-25, 11:26   Link #89
OutSmart
Comic Relief

heh lol, indeed.

About kid trying to beat shimigami up i was just thinking about some kind of combat between them, but i couldnt rly find a good excuse so i said for trining or one of them goes wild lol.

but now that you mention black star, is it just me or the guy is getting rdy to kick some but in the anime? he rly looks like he'll be RLY strong in a short amount of time if he keeps up with the pace he has now. Even so, i dont know if i would like to see the serene, chilled, calm and stylish mifune be defeated just yet.

plus, i am now becoming interested in justin, not as fav char at all, but i dont know, there's something about his "Oh kami!" relation with shimigami, his faith on the death god (which probably is the key to all his strengh) and his hability to "stand alone" in combat (no need for a meister) that makes him a lot interesting. he also has some cool detail on his dressing style, if you by any chance miss noticing the priest robes, lol, his headphones make him look like an even more unique character. And in epi 28 I think, when he started his "I am here to stop you and save this shibusen students" sort of speech RLY loud was rly funny.
Old 2008-10-25, 11:46   Link #90
lmd_84

The thing to remember about Black Star is that constant physical training and combat is how he works, with or without Tsubaki. He doesn't see anything as an obstacle he can't overcome by trying hard enough. It's one of the reasons he gets on my nerves, as his attitude is precisely the kind of thing I dislike in certain anime series. I can't expand more without spoiling.

Justin is entertaining, though I think his image is a bit weird, even for this series. He looks like he's some sort of Christian priest, but worships Shinigami as his god. He's also not the only character with a cross theme in his clothing (Spirit is the other). I do wonder if Ohkubo is making all the bizarre references for a reason (and not just because he feels like it), but that's OT.

I haven't watched the Giriko episodes yet (I tend to follow Rumbel, who are slow, and haven't had the time to catch the other subbers recently), but the idea of a Weapon fighting without a Technician is fun. Especially seeing as it's one of the Death Scythes.
Old 2008-10-25, 12:35   Link #91
OutSmart
Comic Relief

oh.. humm then i'm sorry, was what i said earlier considered spoiler? if so, i'm sorry and ill edit it right up.

About the cross theme, i love that on spirit, i think he loks cool, he's personality though is like sidekick comic relief.. even though its an interesting character since is a death scythe and well the one that is chosen by shimigami to stand by his side at all time.
Old 2008-10-25, 13:14   Link #92
lmd_84

If you're referring to the Justin vs Giriko thing, we're past those episodes so there's no need for a spoiler cut (I don't think?). I've read the manga anyhow.

Spirit is one of the odder characters when it comes to characterisation. He flips between hysterical comic relief (over Maka, his ex-wife, and pretty ladies), serious and apparently adept in a fight, and rather depressed at other times.

The very fact that there are such contrasts there, and yet Spirit's said to be the strongest Weapon makes me think the mangaka's missed something in his characterisation (which I find weird considering how he goes about it with other characters...). I'm bored of taking it as read that he's the Death Scythe...because that's what we're told. I want to see why that's the case. But then I'm into the wrong series to be bothered by such details.
Old 2008-10-25, 14:56   Link #93
OutSmart
Comic Relief

yeh, spirit rly is kinda odd with his behaviour, but it ends up being an interesting char.

Now i was thinking in someone I sure wanna see again, the GODDAMN SH*T guy him self, Free

That was some kick ass character, it had strengh, immortality, its funny, it has an unique look thanks to his crazy eye and foot chain and he says things like "goddamn Sh*t"
I think he falls under the cool non-main foe category, along with mifune.

btw, can someone plz tell me info on the music that played when mifune was fighting with black star?
Old 2008-10-25, 18:18   Link #94
Faust87
Clannad Addicted

Free and Giriko are the best *___*
Old 2008-10-27, 15:47   Link #95
SinsI

in the "other" - Asura and Hero. Asura managed to become awesome in under five minutes of his screentime,
and Hero
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2008-10-28, 19:18   Link #96
The Monarch of Roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faust87 View Post
Arachne and Giriko are the best *___*
For me! Misquito's 800years old form looks cool though.
Old 2008-11-02, 15:44   Link #97
sadcherry

maka
black star and tsubaki!!!
Old 2008-11-03, 16:31   Link #98
RitualAftermath
Blade Braver!!

Send a message via AIM to RitualAftermath Send a message via MSN to RitualAftermath Send a message via Yahoo to RitualAftermath
Blair wins by default. . .Cat-Lady > all!!

Seriously though, if I could re-vote, (how did you all get more than 1!!) I would've voted for Maka. . .or Black*Star. . .or Tsubaki. . .

*><*
Old 2008-11-03, 16:55   Link #99
Zoe

We should probably have a new poll in another month or so... By then all of the new characters would have been around long enough.
Old 2008-11-03, 19:27   Link #100
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
We should probably have a new poll in another month or so... By then all of the new characters would have been around long enough.
Yeah I was thinking about that cuz I dont think anyone else totally new will be seen that hasnt been seen yet. If anyone can think of anything tell me (not here so we dont spoil for anime only watchers). I can think of one possible one so far.

Also Im thinking of making the next poll with characters that arent in this poll since SE has a steady flow of characters in it. So no Soul, Maka, Kid etc, this thread would be Justin, Maria, Havar, Ox, etc
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2008-11-03 at 19:40.
Closed Thread