AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

View Poll Results: How really good was this week's episode? Be honest. Really...
Really really really good 42 71.19%
Really really good 8 13.56%
Really good 9 15.25%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-12, 20:18   Link #21
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Let's get it done.
no no, it's GITRDUN!

*stares at BitTorrent*

...FASTER I SAY!
Old 2009-05-12, 21:00   Link #22
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It was a good episode. Probably the only downside to it was it taking nearly 7 minutes for the episode to actually get through the OP and recap.....

The fight itself was good. Hisagi really put up a great fight and got the job done in the end. A pretty impressive sword though a dangerous one to control. Still must suck for the sword for Hisagi to openly say he doesn't like it's shape.

Too bad Ikkaku went down like that. Still saving 3 of 4 pillars wasn't all that bad. If he wasn't willing to use his bankai just wasn't going to win that battle. Goes to show his determination.
Old 2009-05-12, 21:01   Link #23
Jerseykid

How dare they animate so well after pissing me off with that long replay. That was a really good fight, I have a feeling they like Hisagi way more as a character than certain other characters. Ikkaku's fate was perfect till I watched the preview and knew it was too good to be true.
Old 2009-05-12, 22:00   Link #24
Kuroda

This episode has to be the best I've seen a looooooooooooong time the animation was incredible and the detail of Hisagis zanpaktou is awesome. all I can it's about FREAKING TIME or should I be like Hitsugaya and say "Finally".
Old 2009-05-12, 22:22   Link #25
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

This episode was perfect. I would give it an 11/10 if such a scale were even possible. I can actually say the fight was better than I remember the manga version being. The animation was above and beyond superb, the voice acting was flawless, and the music was epic and compelling. I know I'm going all "squee~!" over this episode, but it really was a masterpiece. The people at the animation studio really outdid themselves this time. Now every episode before and after this is going to seem shitty by comparison.
Old 2009-05-12, 22:25   Link #26
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Too bad Ikkaku went down like that. Still saving 3 of 4 pillars wasn't all that bad. If he wasn't willing to use his bankai just wasn't going to win that battle. Goes to show his determination.
Not really. More like his hard-headedness. He put his own wishes (I'm going to assume you all know his backstory by now) before the needs of the greater good. He had a duty to perform: Protect the pillar he was assigned and defeat the Arrancar that try to destroy it. He failed. All due to his own stubbornness. I think you're mistaking foolishness for determination.
Old 2009-05-12, 22:46   Link #27
Who

Well, guess I don't need to repeat what an entire two pages of people already said.
Forget Getsuga and Hollow form; who needs Ichigo when you've got Hisagi? :P
Old 2009-05-12, 22:49   Link #28
Alchemist007
*Author

100/10
Finally some quality fighting animation.
Old 2009-05-12, 23:58   Link #29
sayde

I've got nothing to say that hasn't already been stated with regards to the quality of this episode. Aside from the good animation, I enjoyed the track that started playing at around 16:22 through the episode once Hisagi started getting serious. Was that a new track? Because I don't recall ever hearing it before.

Anyways, I'm not sure why Ikkaku is so scared about using his Bankai. I mean, I know he's afraid of being noticed and removed from squad 11, but after watching the turn back the pendulum arc, I don't understand why that would be the case.

If he's worried about becoming some other squads vice-captain, then couldn't he simply refuse the offer? And if he's worried about becoming a candidate for captain, then once again, couldn't he just refuse the offer? Besides, it doesn't seem like it would be in the Gotei 13's best interest to force someone to take on the role of vice-captain or captain if they genuinely don't want to be bothered. Plus, the process for becoming a captain goes beyond simply having Bankai IIRC. Don't you need to be recommended and then pass a captain qualification exam? If that's the case, then couldn't he just fail the exam? I mean the exam itself tests a candidate's knowledge and personality. So it shouldn't be too hard to fail on purpose.

I don't know...I just don't feel like Ikkaku's fears over revealing his Bankai are completely justified. But maybe that's just me. Or maybe I'm missing something.
Old 2009-05-13, 00:39   Link #30
Petbe
Wingless Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I've got nothing to say that hasn't already been stated with regards to the quality of this episode. Aside from the good animation, I enjoyed the track that started playing at around 16:22 through the episode once Hisagi started getting serious. Was that a new track? Because I don't recall ever hearing it before.

Anyways, I'm not sure why Ikkaku is so scared about using his Bankai. I mean, I know he's afraid of being noticed and removed from squad 11, but after watching the turn back the pendulum arc, I don't understand why that would be the case.

If he's worried about becoming some other squads vice-captain, then couldn't he simply refuse the offer? And if he's worried about becoming a candidate for captain, then once again, couldn't he just refuse the offer? Besides, it doesn't seem like it would be in the Gotei 13's best interest to force someone to take on the role of vice-captain or captain if they genuinely don't want to be bothered. Plus, the process for becoming a captain goes beyond simply having Bankai IIRC. Don't you need to be recommended and then pass a captain qualification exam? If that's the case, then couldn't he just fail the exam? I mean the exam itself tests a candidate's knowledge and personality. So it shouldn't be too hard to fail on purpose.

I don't know...I just don't feel like Ikkaku's fears over revealing his Bankai are completely justified. But maybe that's just me. Or maybe I'm missing something.
Really, it just boils down to is wanting to follow Kenpachi. He wants to obtain strength and become far stronger than relying on benkai, similar to kenpachi have sheer strength. He wants to follow Kenpachi. Also, I can't quite explain it but I do not think he wants Kenpachi or other members to know of his abilities.

But yeah, I loved this episode. Can't compare it to the recent ones. I mean, this was an actual fight. I have missed real fights, fights using strength and not simply using a power to defeat a person. It was weapon vs weapon. Also, the animation was superb as well, especially the close ups.
Old 2009-05-13, 00:45   Link #31
Jays

If only all Bleach episodes could be this good, and I mean this one was simply stellar, I haven't had this feeling of being fulfilled by the anime team in quite some time. The combination of source material plus added work was just fantastic. Whomever is responsible for this, he needs to stay on.

Looking forward to the next episode, YUS!
Old 2009-05-13, 01:04   Link #32
TadloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post
If only all Bleach episodes could be this good, and I mean this one was simply stellar, I haven't had this feeling of being fulfilled by the anime team in quite some time. The combination of source material plus added work was just fantastic. Whomever is responsible for this, he needs to stay on.

Looking forward to the next episode, YUS!
Studio Pierrot would be bankrupt if that would happen. Wait, no studio can afford such a qualities episodes in every episiode.
Old 2009-05-13, 01:19   Link #33
Jays

Quote:
Originally Posted by TadloS View Post
Studio Pierrot would be bankrupt if that would happen. Wait, no studio can afford such a qualities episodes in every episiode.
LOL true...

However, I was speaking more content wise, sure the animation kicks it up a notch no doubt, but to be honest with you I had a hard time distinguishing what was manga and what wasn't, and that is something that Bleach sorely lacks. In Yumichka's and Hisagi's fights, I felt like the anime team did a good job of delivering relevent content that flowed with the fight, as apposed to Kira which they kinda botched.

I still think the best animation we've seen was from the Grimmy vs Ichi fight back in ol' 121(?), or those several episodes of Grimmy coming to fight Ichi & co. Not even the movies, which I am surprised for movies have some good animation, but not "OH MY GOD THIS IS WHAT MOVIE ANIMATION LOOKS LIKE!?", have as good of animation as those episodes I spoke off.
Old 2009-05-13, 02:14   Link #34
Chase

Finally a great episode after the last 3 stunk in my book. Hisagi was so cool.
Battlefield 4
Old 2009-05-13, 02:26   Link #35
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
I have to say this weeks episode was really good. Animation was top notch and everything. But with a good episode comes at a price. Probably a poor episode next wekk.
Old 2009-05-13, 04:16   Link #36
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Well, guess I don't need to repeat what an entire two pages of people already said.
Forget Getsuga and Hollow form; who needs Ichigo when you've got Hisagi? :P
I never needed Ichigo

Go Hisagi!
You just rose in my fave characters ranks
Old 2009-05-13, 04:38   Link #37
Lelite

Uahh, it was amazing! I haven't seen this quality in a while, and the total kicker was that it was completely unexpected!

I always had a real soft spot for Hisagi, so this was a real treat. I have to say, I though the animation was probably even more impressive than the GJ vs Ichi V3 (can't believe I'm saying this). But that may be just because it was a lot more colourful (GJIchi was fairly monotone in terms of whites/greys, yellows and blues)

Okay, so peeps complained that his shikai was too plain when we came to this part in the manga.... I liked it then anyways, but I think seeing it animated showed the real power behind it. I liked how all the captains were like "Now we're talkin'" when he finally pulled his shikai out.

Seriously, during some of those pause-in-action shots I was dying cause they were sooo graceful. Kind of more reminiscent of the feeling I get with Kubo's art.
Old 2009-05-13, 05:05   Link #38
Liwyn

Send a message via MSN to Liwyn
All I can say is that it what FANTASTIC! I wasn't expecting such a good and powerful episode, neither was I expecting new music! And I absolutely love the new way they have of filming the scenes!!!! Absolutely fantastic!!
Old 2009-05-13, 05:22   Link #39
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Not really. More like his hard-headedness. He put his own wishes (I'm going to assume you all know his backstory by now) before the needs of the greater good. He had a duty to perform: Protect the pillar he was assigned and defeat the Arrancar that try to destroy it. He failed. All due to his own stubbornness. I think you're mistaking foolishness for determination.
Determination to be foolish.
Old 2009-05-13, 05:44   Link #40
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TadloS View Post
one person could pull it off...

Oprah Winfrey
Closed Thread