041 - 050: Below Average... 0 0%
031 - 040: Bad... 0 0%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 0 0%
011 - 020: Awful... 0 0%
000 - 010: You couldn't even finish the episode... 0 0%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-01-18, 14:56   Link #81
Xbuster

I liked the fact that Sasuke FINALLY (if only for a moment) related to his old genin-days with Team 7 ^^ .. This is a first in a VERY long time we see him acknowledge his past and his old friends, at the very least on some small subconscious level..

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. At least that way, when you finally DO criticize them; you'll be a mile away and have their shoes."
Xbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 21:07   Link #82
ACEZ1n7
Sweet to the mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Original art direction? The animation director and the animators that worked on this episode are Shippuuden regulars. And what's this lamish maturish crap anyway?
I say it's the fighting scenes, I remember the first 2 seasons of Shippuuden, their fighting scenes isn't that good than we expected. It's so slow, and it isn't that attractive to watch over and over again. And the Naruto staff probably noticed it and worked their butts off.

And looks like their hard worked finally paid off. The scenes made great improvements. And the best episode yet so far. But I do hope that the fillers that would come up soon will be this enjoyable as this episode.
ACEZ1n7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-18, 23:51   Link #83
Ryuken
Claymore #01

There was something else that took me by surprise, remember just before Sasuke was about to use Amaterasu on Bee there was all sorts of images flashing before him. The last image was of Kakashi, Naruto and Sakura. Next, Amaterasu, which was strange for me.
Ryuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 04:03   Link #84
Ichimaru

how many times does this weak ass sasuke keeps on avoiding death....he has more lives then a cat....
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 04:08   Link #85
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichimaru View Post
how many times does this weak ass sasuke keeps on avoiding death....he has more lives then a cat....
Lol I think Orochimaru deserves that title. Not Sasuke.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 04:12   Link #86
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Lol I think Orochimaru deserves that title. Not Sasuke.
Orochimaru and Sasuke together deserve it.
Old 2010-01-19, 08:06   Link #87
Arkham
Stoned Assasin

Lol
In the ending song (clip), it looks like Sakura is giving a handjob to some guy

Great ep by the way
Arkham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 11:56   Link #88
Alca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
There was something else that took me by surprise, remember just before Sasuke was about to use Amaterasu on Bee there was all sorts of images flashing before him. The last image was of Kakashi, Naruto and Sakura. Next, Amaterasu, which was strange for me.

That ending vision, was indeed the will of fire of kohona. Its kind of ironic he had that vision when he entends on destroying the village and anyone who may get in his way. What a confusing character indeed; he needs a father figure to straighten him out a little lol.
Alca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 15:04   Link #89
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alca View Post
That ending vision, was indeed the will of fire of kohona. Its kind of ironic he had that vision when he entends on destroying the village and anyone who may get in his way. What a confusing character indeed; he needs a father figure to straighten him out a little lol.
Like Naruto.
Ryuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 15:26   Link #90
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
^ Few comments are what make an episode good! Most of the comments tend to be rants and chaining these rants :P
No argument there. I was merely lamenting on the activity a good old Naruto episode discussion thread would've seen whenever an episode like this aired. Only few weeks ago that I found out the show was bumped off from its top ten spot it enjoyed so consistently since it started airing. The show is losing interest in Japan too. Hah! Now they have the nerve to go back to filler again...

In a way, it is also good for us regular viewers who prefer our manga-adapted story over the mostly crappy filler. Less popularity means the animators are forced to work on its popularity. That, in turn, translates to more frequent visit to manga adaptation even if they are short-lived.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 18:48   Link #91
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Hah! Now they have the nerve to go back to filler again...
They're not doing it because they hate you, you know. They're doing what they didn't do back in part 1: managing the series in a smart way.
Also...
Spoiler:
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 23:42   Link #92
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well a pretty good episode. I was a bit surprised to see Taka actually get their asses kicked. There was so much genjutsu in the last big fight I found it initially difficult to take any damage Sasuke took seriously. A surprise that they were really getting owned there and were almost annihilated.

Couldn't help cheering for the Hachibi. Sasuke's group started it so getting owned would have been their own fault. Guess he should have just let them pull back when the chance came. Instead he pushed his advantage too far and got hit by a technique that you really can't do much against if it hits.

Good to see how that group handled their first real struggle. They pulled together when it counted.
Old 2010-01-20, 01:13   Link #93
Fran~
floating away...

Damn fillers, they ruined the mood for the entire arc...

I was afraid since the very moment they changed the order of the scenes... the throw away a great chance to make naruto epic.

Yes it's a rant, but based in the events from the manga and how they were written.

Always is good to see how Sasuke is being owned badly, but this filler came in the worst moment.
Old 2010-01-20, 06:14   Link #94
Arkham
Stoned Assasin

When I watched the last filler I didn't have to wait weekly for a episode 'cause they were already out,
and it was still painful.
But now I (we) have to wait for these filler ep's, wich I imagine is like someone slowly pulling your butthairs out
I can only imagine how it was for you guyz who watched the show regularly.
Arkham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 06:16   Link #95
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

And it will be evn more painfull, if this filler arc last as long as did the last.
Old 2010-01-20, 10:30   Link #96
Fran~
floating away...

I don't care about the filler, it's normal for this kind of manga....

But, why they didn't put it right after Itachi's death and naruto's team failure?... that way we could see in the right order the events after that.
Old 2010-01-20, 15:02   Link #97
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Late to the party this week, but what an ep!

I don't know what Madara's game is but he's a pure a$$hole for sending Sasuke and his WAKatsuki team to handle killer-bizzle fa rizzle (Killer-Bee is OBVIOUSLY a shout-out to Wutang Clan rap group if you didn't know)... They were no match for that dude and his retardedly sensational 8-sword style...That $hit was absoluley amazing and beautiful to watch, especially how he had to catch the daggers between his inner-elbows and backs of his knees! Even Sasuke's atom eye was a joke until his hack upgrade (Although he was as cool as refrigerated cheeze during points of the fight, overall he still fights the same--too much overconfidence with his eyes--who can blame him I guess)...He got his whole F-ing chest blown off and he'd be dead if it wasn't for Android 16's meat-paste power...

Not quite certain what special ability star-light atom-eye sharingan does but it's appears to be just a grab bag of Itachi's moves (Awesome grab-bag mind you)...I don't see the special power that only relates to Sasuke (And no I don't consider Amaterasu fire-extinguisher power as a power just central to Sasuke, I'm talking about something completely new)...

In any event that was an awesome way to end the best run of episodes in quite a while...Still a small lingering feeling of disappointment over the Itachi vs. Sasuke fight (This fight was also ostensibly better IMO), but the page has finally turned on Naruto part 1 completely and i like the new dynamic, but Team Taka better get some soloflex sessions in if they want to get some bingo-book action, because Sasuke and his team was exposed BIGTIME...LOL @ the girl member being basically Dende from DBZ xD...

Alright Naruto (The show and the person) please don't start sucking again...Not when I finally have faith ...
Old 2010-01-20, 18:05   Link #98
Vindi89
Diamond Dust Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Couldn't help cheering for the Hachibi. Sasuke's group started it so getting owned would have been their own fault. Guess he should have just let them pull back when the chance came. Instead he pushed his advantage too far and got hit by a technique that you really can't do much against if it hits.
Actually Bee wanted to leave, but Karin tracked him. Remember the part where he realizes Karin is a sensor type as well? He realized he could run from them at this point. Although I suppose if he went back to his village he would have been safe. Especially when he speaks of his brother the Kage in such high regards. A guy that may be more powerful than Bee...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Good to see how that group handled their first real struggle. They pulled together when it counted.
In RPG terms, Sasuke's team were Paladin (Sugetsu), healer (karin), healer (Jugo) and Sasuke as Dark Knight .
Old 2010-01-20, 19:59   Link #99
iBeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindi89 View Post
Actually Bee wanted to leave, but Karin tracked him. Remember the part where he realizes Karin is a sensor type as well? He realized he could run from them at this point. Although I suppose if he went back to his village he would have been safe. Especially when he speaks of his brother the Kage in such high regards. A guy that may be more powerful than Bee...

In RPG terms, Sasuke's team were Paladin (Sugetsu), healer (karin), healer (Jugo) and Sasuke as Dark Knight .
Actually, Juugo would be the cleric...
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 00:39   Link #100
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Not quite certain what special ability star-light atom-eye sharingan does but it's appears to be just a grab bag of Itachi's moves (Awesome grab-bag mind you)...I don't see the special power that only relates to Sasuke (And no I don't consider Amaterasu fire-extinguisher power as a power just central to Sasuke, I'm talking about something completely new)...
As often with Kishimoto a new power is showcased in an underway fashion the first time. Think about Tobi "falling" to catch Sasori's ring as he was playing with it... Whereas his hand was probably phasing through it.

Anyway KillerBee is an awesome character, the first Jinchuuriki whose power actually deserves to be held in awe and one of the strongest ninja in the whole show.
It's still a little sad though, this is what Naruto should have been after the timeskip. An incredibly skilled ninja even before he had to rely on his beast, and someone with perfect control over his Bijuu once he started getting serious and taking names.
Oh well.

Quote:
Alright Naruto (The show and the person) please don't start sucking again...Not when I finally have faith ...
Well sadly a filler arc is coming now so I wouldn't expect much but I think you are going to like the following one once they resume to canon material.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion