AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2009-10-08, 03:13   Link #61
NoLongerSane

Since we are on the subject of summons spirits, can someone explain to me Maxwell's role.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 03:26   Link #62
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
You just said they weren't! I was using your post as my basis! Your description of Gnome is:

IE: Absolutely nothing that has anything to do with Gnome. It could've happened earlier, with any of them. It could've happened with the first one, if all the other stuff hadn't happened (not that that would make any sense in this particular case). It just wasn't... important, on its own merits. It was simply the last of a series of Plot Coupons.

Tales of Symphonia is one of my favorite RPGs ever. That doesn't mean it's perfect, and even if it was perfect I wouldn't want all its sequels to be identical to it. It just happens to have this minor flaw that can be easily solved.
How would they know that the plan will fail? some magical fairy would come along and tell them the future? The fact that it was a trial and error is what made it believable.

So what do you think they should've done? after they pact with Celsius which caused the first quake they would go ahead and change their plans? That's what you call a half-assed attempt.

If they didn't make a pact with the summon spirits in the first place they wouldn't even have that power later to deal with the other situations.

The quakes that occurred whenever a mana link was severed was simply a sign that the link was severed. There was no way of telling until they actually do it. They screwed up multiple times until the right resolution was discovered.

Sure the game isn't perfect no game is. In every RPG for all time will have some kind of excuse whether to save some village kid dumb enough to wander into a monster infested hole or to get some magic key. There will always be an excuse. At least the summon spirits play a pivotal role throughout the entire story that warrants going through the trouble of gaining them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
Since we are on the subject of summons spirits, can someone explain to me Maxwell's role.
He's optional so, he doesn't play any major role. Although its been awhile he think he was important in ToP though.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 03:31   Link #63
Clarste
Human

Here's an edit I made to my previous post, that I suppose I made too late and you missed it:

Quote:
Edit: How about we think of it this way. Less spirits, not no spirits. Would the plot of ToS be significantly different had there been 2-3 less spirits? I say no, it would be almost exactly the same. Do you disagree?
And to cut off the questions, no they wouldn't just abandon the plotline in the middle for no reason, they'd just accelerate the rate at which things happened. Some other earlier spirit would be last, and would have the same end effect as Gnome because it's the last spirit.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 06:12   Link #64
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

I thought they didn't realise their mistake until they made the pact with Luna, who is always the last one. Gnome can't be the last one because you need him to be able to contact Aska, who enables the opportunity to make the pact with Luna.
Old 2009-10-08, 12:59   Link #65
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
I thought they didn't realise their mistake until they made the pact with Luna, who is always the last one. Gnome can't be the last one because you need him to be able to contact Aska, who enables the opportunity to make the pact with Luna.
Aska and Luna are one in the same... hm... but you're right though, I just remembered you do need Gnome to meet them. You need Gnome to make the ground fertile again so that the whistle nut tree can grow.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 15:45   Link #66
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

ughh For The Wii >_<
Old 2009-10-08, 16:13   Link #67
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I wouldn't mind the summons being brought back. I always liked how they tend to have more personality than they're Final Fantasy counterparts.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 02:35   Link #68
Sides

DLC for Tales of graces. This is namco-bandai who are famous for their paid DLC in this generation, and as such, the Wii title will also have this absurd/awesome feature. Apparently there will be free DLC as well, something like TotW:RM?
Besides that, BoA single will be released in different versions, one version ToG edition will have a key code for a costume.
More on andriasang

BTW people this is the Tales of Graces thread. i'm pretty sure there is a ToS:RoK thread somewhere.

Last edited by Sides; 2009-10-09 at 07:14.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 06:46   Link #69
stpehen
kisses for all

this argument is hilarious
stpehen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 10:03   Link #70
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara
Aska and Luna are one in the same
It's ambiguous. In Tales of Symphonia, Luna can't form a pact without Aska. However, in Tales of Phantasia, she can form a pact on her own, and Aska is a separate Summon Spirit.

This is probably a continuity problem or a plot hole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides
ToS:RoK
Tales of Symphonia: Ratatosk of Knight? :P

Right, back on topic.

DLC? Ugh. I only find DLC appropriate if it's released months after the actual game, and/or the game is cheaper than the usual retail price.

This key code for an extra costume is ridiculous.
Old 2009-10-11, 07:03   Link #71
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Tales of Symphonia: Ratatosk of Knight? :P
0.o that never happend ^^

Some new screens on famitsu.com. Some are battle screens with the cast members as kids. Hubert is equiped with dual branches ^^. The rest of the images are caps from the animation parts.
You can pre-order the game now at most online stores, just noticed that ToG is more expensive than other Wii titles, such as FFCC.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 12:38   Link #72
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FULsLr1Z8JQ

Still don't see how nobody has posted this trailer. It easily shows Tales of Graces may be the best Tales game to date.
Old 2009-10-11, 12:43   Link #73
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety View Post
Still don't see how nobody has posted this trailer. It easily shows Tales of Graces may be the best Tales game to date.
Except it doesn't matter if it is the best game. What is important is that it is a good game. Because "fans" seem to love comparing and going "this is the best" "no this is the best", idiotic arguments are all over the net... Why does it even matter that it could be the best game in the series...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 13:02   Link #74
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Regardless of whether it's the best game in the series, I think a serious attempt at an epic RPG is always nice for the Wii.

Thanks for the trailer. Man, I really can't wait for this.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 13:47   Link #75
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
... Why does it even matter that it could be the best game in the series...
Because this game is by the Destiny team who actually have yet to have a Tales game localized, they're well known for far more gameplay centric orientated Tales.
Old 2009-10-11, 13:59   Link #76
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Because this game is by the Destiny team who actually have yet to have a Tales game localized, they're well known for far more gameplay centric orientated Tales.
Does that mean we shouldn't expect the story to be up to par with Abyss and Symphonia?
Old 2009-10-11, 14:01   Link #77
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Heh~, that's a good reason for the game to be a good game. And...?

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-10-11, 14:03   Link #78
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Heh~, that's a good reason for the game to be a good game. And...?
I think the point was that the Destiny team hasn't had a game localized yet. If it ends up being one of the best, then that's reason for localization.

Edit: If Sety changes his avatar to a Nanako picture...
Old 2009-10-11, 14:08   Link #79
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
I think the point was that the Destiny team hasn't had a game localized yet. If it ends up being one of the best, then that's reason for localization.
Too bad "best" is an opinion. How did it go... "subjective", was it...?

Old 2009-10-11, 14:14   Link #80
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Too bad "best" is an opinion. How did it go... "subjective", was it...?
I know it's late to say this now, and I should've caught this when I was making my post, but when I said "best", I meant, "most sales, great reviews, etc."
Basically, one of the highest regarded among the community as a whole, rather than an individual opinion.

Tags
game, games, rpg