AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-03-30, 16:55   Link #1561
Lohha

Quote:
また、原作小説第12巻の発売日が6月7日に決定いたしました。アニメより一足先に最後を迎える「俺の妹」 、発売日をお忘れなく。
(Source: https://twitter.com/oreimo_anime)

Spoiler for Google Translator:
Lohha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 21:53   Link #1562
icebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohha View Post
また、原作小説第12巻の発売日が6月7日に決定いたしました。アニメより一足先に最後を迎え る「俺の妹」 、発売日をお忘れなく。
This is weird. All Dengeki Bunko novels has always been released on the 10th.
icebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 00:20   Link #1563
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebreaker View Post
This is weird. All Dengeki Bunko novels has always been released on the 10th.
Not true. While it's true for almost all, there have been publications released on other dates as well (eg. Kami-memo). Anyway, I suspect that the first chapter of volume 12 might have been aired by June 10, so they want to release it earlier.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 06:53   Link #1564
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Oh man, gotta wait for another 2 months.

Watching oreimo season 2 is going to be like an alcoholic drinking water out of empty beer bottle for novel readers...
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 07:42   Link #1565
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Oh man, gotta wait for another 2 months.

Watching oreimo season 2 is going to be like an alcoholic drinking water out of empty beer bottle for novel readers...
Only 3 more days for season 2. Hang in there
Still ..... I will enjoy watching you all suffer
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 16:10   Link #1566
jasonhan416

DANNNGG i already read all the light novels upto 11 >.>
I hope we get a lot of Ayase service and covers volume 10 accurately lol
jasonhan416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 22:19   Link #1567
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhan416 View Post
DANNNGG i already read all the light novels upto 11 >.>
I hope we get a lot of Ayase service and covers volume 10 accurately lol
Yeah I will be watching for the Ayase service as well, but for the the focus on her is towards the end of the novels though. I hope they do not cut off some of the minor appearance such as Kyou joke about wanting to marry her, then later on Ayase kicking him out of her room when she confirms he got a girlfriend (if those parts get cut then the chances of a Ayase end diminishes as I believe they are important milestones in my eyes).

Since it is going to be a 12+3 episode deal again, I am curious if they are going to do an anime original end, then wrap things up in the 3 episodes which covers the "true end" again. Due to the nature of vol10 and vol11 its going to be difficult to find a satisfying anime original end though...
Old 2013-04-04, 23:57   Link #1568
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

yeah, looking over the plot I can't figure out how they'd do a similar trick like they did the first season. Hopefully we don't have to wait for thousands of years for the last 3 episodes.
Old 2013-04-05, 00:11   Link #1569
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Generally it seems that Ayase picked up a large amount of momentum in the later volumes after Kuroneko had her chance. Generally from a literary perspective. Ayase IMO seems to be the character for symbolizes, the side of Kirino who is a model, popular and school, talented. My point being the type of person you admire, and wish you could marry or have as a girlfriend. His interest possibly being rooted in his admiration of Kirino's achievements during the Cold War period. This is contrasted against Kuroneko who symbolizes the otaku side of Kirino, the side of Kirino which Kyousuke gets to know and begins to have a closer relationship. In the end it would be the decision of which part of Kirino he is undeniably drawn too, the dream previously thought impossible or the truth behind the facade.

Given that his dream become possible through Ayase confession, his reply to her will probably instrumental in understanding his feelings.

Anyway percentage wise, I feel that Minami, Kirino and Kuroneko and Kanako are tied with 10% and Ayase with the highest percentage of 60% given the recent developments. Then again I always expect the girl who I do not favour to win.
Old 2013-04-05, 12:49   Link #1570
larethian

I'm willing to bet all my OreImo novels that the scenario of Manami, Kanako, Saori or Ayase ending up with Kyousuke will never happen conclusively at the end of the series, meaning that the only way it's possible (imho) of them ending up with Kyousuke in future is when we have an open-end/no-girl-end and things are still up in the air. On second thoughts, throw in all the love comedy light novels I have as well, even though it may not be much compared to some people here.

Last edited by larethian; 2013-04-05 at 13:01. Reason: some edits and 2nd thoughts
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 16:44   Link #1571
sleepingleo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingleo View Post
After reflecting on the whole "partner" thing for a while from a marketing stand point I can conclude there will NOT be any partner. It will be an open ending with Fushimi promoting: "Find out the real ending with your favorite heroine in the PS3 game Oreimo -Happy End- "
If you can assert what the cannon ending is, the game sales will be lower by a little bit at least. Conversely, if there is no cannon couple, the title will go legendary with fans debating over the years what non-cannon couple is cannon-er XD

I can be proven wrong though with the singularity known as ichigo 100% which every now and then someone making threads about how the ending sucked or made every sense. That title is the meaning of legendary, it's almost common sense in the world of romantic comedies to have at least heard of it.
sleepingleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 17:25   Link #1572
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Having a harem/non-conclusive ending will keep everyone happy, but also an insult to those who have been following the romantic tension around kyousuke. It is also a chicken out from the author as Kyousuke assured himself he will have the guts to pursue after someone.

Settling over a harem end is also unfair to the female cast: they deserve a proper closure.

Although I admit, a single volume seem rather short for the gf candidate to resolve the Kirino problem, or if it is Kirino herself, the society problem. This is my logical bastion of hope for Ayase as she is that bullet already loaded into the barrel.

From a financial perspective, going for an Ayase end would boost the sales of Ayase figures: there are enough Kirino and Kuroneko figures out there already.

//

(somewhere within me just cannot stand a Kuroneko/Manami end for some reason)
Old 2013-04-05, 18:48   Link #1573
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Having a harem/non-conclusive ending will keep everyone happy, but also an insult to those who have been following the romantic tension around kyousuke. It is also a chicken out from the author as Kyousuke assured himself he will have the guts to pursue after someone.

Settling over a harem end is also unfair to the female cast: they deserve a proper closure.

(somewhere within me just cannot stand a Kuroneko/Manami end for some reason)
Let's see what the author gain from each ending
1-One single end : woops, he got fan's rage from the everyone (expect the heroine's)
2-Harem end: I'm agree that is is unfair for the female cast. Beside, Kyou doesnt look like he had the guts to do that (the only expectation is Kuroneko, since she suggested it herself)
3-Open end : Nope, it could end with Kyou about to confess, but by hiding to who, not only he avoid everyone's rage, Kyou also the first one to confess.
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 21:00   Link #1574
relentlessflame

*Administrator

My guess is a sort of hybrid ending, where he moves closer to a relationship with one of the girls, but the other girls still haven't really given up yet, and life (pretty much) goes on having taken a big step forward.

The other thing not to totally discard is the possibility that, though this novel series is "ending", there could still be spin-off novels or even a sort of continuation. By resolving the large outstanding issue with Kirino, it really does bring this larger story arc to a close, but that doesn't necessarily mean there's nothing more to be said. So who knows...
Old 2013-04-06, 10:21   Link #1575
icebreaker

This is an analysis I came up with regards to how different endings with regards to who ends up with Kyousuke would happen.

Spoiler for Kirino:

Spoiler for Kuroneko:

Spoiler for Ayase:

Spoiler for Manami:

Spoiler for Kanako:

If Fushimi went for a non-Kirino ending, he might be one of the best trolls in a while Although the contents of the novel indicates otherwise, the title, cover and references to incest animes is absolutely misleading
Old 2013-04-06, 10:33   Link #1576
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebreaker View Post
Spoiler for Kanako:
I get the picture, haha.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 11:02   Link #1577
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

There are better ways to commit suicide than giving oreimo a Kanako end.
Old 2013-04-07, 01:27   Link #1578
Soverence

Quote:
There are better ways to commit suicide than giving oreimo a Kanako end.
You could give it a Kouhei ending, I feel like Sena might not have too much of a problem with that
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 02:42   Link #1579
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Spoiler for end of ep1:

Last edited by Flying Dagger; 2013-04-07 at 02:59.
Old 2013-04-07, 06:51   Link #1580
icebreaker

Quote:
Spoiler for end of ep1:
That cellphone bishoujo thing is a side story from the Drama CD. Kirino bought a game called "Love Touch" at Episode 1 19:33 which will be what it is about.
The original timeline for this story set in way before... and is the reason Ayase blocked Kyousuke's number. But I can see what they are trying to do, they are removing the story about Kanako quitting smoking and changing Ayase's requirement for unblocking Kyousuke into helping her with a "Love Touch"-addicted Kirino - they're lots of things they did here that Ayase called sexual harrasment. Kyousuke would probably ask Ayase to marry him here too. This might take the first half of the episode while Ria Hagry might take the second half.

If they're doing this they're basically reducing Kanako's screentime and adding Ayase's.

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings