AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-04-12, 05:56   Link #281
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

As expected from The Ero King

*Thumbs Up*
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 05:57   Link #282
n120cky

The death of Shouko did surprise me, but judging from the story I think it is required, why would he must get in the Valverave if she doesn't dead, the worst case scenario without her death is :

MC : "My school is under attack, I must save everyone"
MC get into Valverave with sudden knowledge how to pilot the robot and kick the enemy ass and become a hero.

Would that something we see often, well she doesn't need to be real death, it's okay as long as the MC believe that she is dead.

One thing I don't expect to happen is the MC become known for his identity in piloting the robot, you know usually in this kind of genre, the pilot identity is rarely known by public.
Old 2013-04-12, 06:10   Link #283
Cirno
Eye'm the strongest

Valvrave model big scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
I hope main character in this series not in (( ally of justice )) mode = \ .
I hope he's not a "peace and understanding, no-kill policy" pilot like many sunrise main character pilots.

Last edited by Cirno; 2013-04-12 at 06:21.
Cirno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 06:14   Link #284
Bombo
TSF Fans

I hope main character in this series not in (( ally of justice )) mode = \ .
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 06:24   Link #285
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno View Post
Needs two more swords and an eyepatch.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 06:32   Link #286
EroKing

Images
lol gifs
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-04-12, 06:32   Link #287
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
And did I see right, Valvrave produced a scythe at one point?? XD (To say nothing of its 4 swords.)
Yup.

It's also interesting to note that Valverave normally has a red & white color scheme, but as soon as it activates all of its white parts phase shifts into black.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 07:21   Link #288
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

As THE childhood friend shippper, nothing would delight me more than Shoko being alive.... even as a 'zombie' piloting the enemy mech (zombieXvampire romance? why not lol). As long as she's the "final boss" before Tomatsu's character gets on with the MC, I'd be extremely happy. XD

But alas, I really don't think she's alive, though if the show proves me wrong I ain't gonna be mad at all. Gonna pick out the post from the only person who has itemized their reasons why she's alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
1. Defintiely not the kind of end you'd expect for somebody who's supposed to be so important to the main character. We didn't get any real scene of crying or wailing from Haruto. (and any Sunrise veteran knows they're experts at this, even to a fault)
Must have missed the scene near the end, where Haruto was crying buckets of tears. It was actually pretty touching, that even though Haruto got thousands wanting to be his friend, THE only friend he wanted wasn't there. T_T

Quote:
2. In fact, it was way too quick, and showed way too little; we didn't see any sight nor sign that her body was actually vaporized or anything. We've seen this oh-so-many times before, especially from the very guys at Sunrise; no body, no death.
IIRC, a certain LI in the original SEED (holy shit it has been a decade already?) also had her death scene as 'vaguely vaporized' as Shoko did in here, in almost 'near instanteous' fashion as well, during the time she was in the transport ship that got blown up.

Quote:
3. For such a quick-death character, she's at the top of the cast list in the credits, and at the top of the characters list on the webpage. We all know it's an unspoken rule that, unless otherwise stated (order of appearance, alphabetical, etc.), all film media lists characters in order of importance.
Just because she's dead doesn't mean that she won't have a large role in the series. Heck, arguably the biggest player in Zetsuen no Tempest has been dead since the first second of the first episode, and she usually gets 3rd or 4th billing.

Quote:
4. In the opening, she appears right there next to the very live other girl that's also at the top of the credits and character lists.
It's actually the OP that scared me the most that she's dead, where they show solo shots of every important side character starting with Saki, including the likes that hasn't even appeared in this episode, but Shoko is nowhere to be found.

Then that shot where they both have Shoko and Saki together... I didn't think "oh Shoko then might be alive." No, the moment I saw that, I feared for Saki's well being, especially since both look very much dead in that shot lol. Yeah, it's more a death flag raised for Saki more than anything.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 07:23   Link #289
kiak666

When I first learned about Valvarve, I thought that the settings and characters is really similar to Gundam (heck they even have TM Revolution performing the OP).

The first episode also reminds me a lot of Gundam, until:

Spoiler for Post Credit Scene:
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 07:33   Link #290
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
When I first learned about Valvarve, I thought that the settings and characters is really similar to Gundam (heck they even have TM Revolution performing the OP).

The first episode also reminds me a lot of Gundam, until:

Spoiler for Gundam 00:
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 07:39   Link #291
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

whoever issued the 'valvrave contract' must be prosecuted for fraud immediately

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
people got bored with newtype so sunrise brings us newvamp
Old 2013-04-12, 07:58   Link #292
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

more like our mc is pretty much like Lelouch receiving his geass powers than, you know Gundam's newtypes as they were pretty much born that way naturaly, minus some like cyber-newtypes, bio-cpu, & various "species" of Gundam 00
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2013-04-12, 08:02   Link #293
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
Spoiler for Gundam 00:
Spoiler for Gundam 00:
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 08:27   Link #294
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for 00 and Valvrave:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 08:32   Link #295
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Boy, things escalated quickly in just the first episode. Haruto the schoolboy, then mecha pilot, then a 'vampire?' The first half didn't really strike me as anything special, but the second half was not bad. It was nice to see Valvrave in action.

Haruto comes off as the usual 'weak-willed' MC, but he's easier to sympathise with than most main protagonists of that type. It was a nice touch of irony during the part where many people were congratulating him and cheering him on after his battle, yet he was still grieving over Shouko. And now that I've seen that post-credits scene, I'm going with the 'Shouko's-not-dead-yet' wagon.

A rather OK premiere episode; I'm curious what direction this show will take. Right now it's a mix of a rather lot of things: a school setting + Gundam-ish conflict + vampires (?).
Allium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 09:11   Link #296
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

i think somebody still doesn't understand the concept of Valvrave's design, to my theory & speculations: vampire motif

-pale white colored unactive mode: a vampire's pale skin
-black colored active mode: vampire bat, the grim reaper (fold sickle weapon), & the Black death disease
-rose petal like particles emited from Valv's body: the connection between vampires & rose flower plants (also in Kamen Rider Kiva?)
-overall design: a gothic lolita vampire + grim reaper themed death weapon except that Valv is daywalker sort of a vampire (if im not wrong though)
Old 2013-04-12, 09:17   Link #297
kuromitsu

And then in the next episode it turns out that the hero is not a vampire after all.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 09:22   Link #298
lightbringer
M9000

This felt like Gundam (obviously), hopelessly generic, until they brought in the crossovers with Linebarrels of Iron and Code Geass. I would have considered dropping it if I didn't watch the post-credits scene, now there's no choice but to watch it to the end I'm a sucker for anti-heroes, and this seems to be going that way at least partially.

Alive or dead, Shouko better get more dialogue. Moar Chihaya
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 09:37   Link #299
novalysis

Shouko would be a flashback character, using the same execution as Aika from Zetsuen no Tempest? Unless. of course, Valverave get's a companion A.I constructed out of Shouko's preserved Mind-state, or some similar manner.....

How creepy would it be for your close friend and almost lover's mind-clone to be your personal A.I?

Ah, speculah, speculah.

Or, she could just be dead, and an expandable woman who shall never be mentioned again save for a few short flashbacks and corny "what motivates the hero"
scene.

You know what would have been unique and thrown this show off the established Mecha rails? If the male MC was the one who died, and Shouko the one who jumped into Valverave for revenge.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 09:44   Link #300
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
And then in the next episode it turns out that the hero is not a vampire after all.
probably a vampire on the same level as Araragi-kun from the Monogatari series
& also on the list of Valvrave's design that i can't make them all due to many motifs related to gothic black death heavy metal-things: samurai vampire (e.g. Saya from the Blood series?)

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire