AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-18, 05:41   Link #41
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I have to ask but I'm assuming Urobuchi is familiar with Emmanuel Kant or Ferdinand I because the tagline for this series is a modification of an ancient maxim that Kant made famous.

Let justice reign, though the heavens may fall.
Well, the sources may differ: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_justitia_ruat_caelum
Old 2014-02-18, 05:50   Link #42
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Yes the sources do actually differ but I'd say that Kant still popularized the line to hold the moral imperative above all else.
Old 2014-02-19, 07:41   Link #43
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Wow...a real mecha anime by Urobuchi? This will be great!

The mecha feels like Ebikawa style...
Old 2014-02-19, 10:10   Link #44
maximilianjenus
[E]

I wonder what will the humans turn into this time.
Old 2014-02-19, 10:20   Link #45
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
The mechas?

Eh, but it's already used in Evangelion with a certain protagonist piloting his own mother .
Old 2014-02-19, 10:38   Link #46
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I seriously hope Urobuchi will stop "the human is the monster/macguffin of the show". I think he has used this trope in almost (if not, all) his shows
Old 2014-02-19, 11:36   Link #47
Frontier

If this is going to, feasibly, compete with or overtake Gundam, then I'd assume they'd just go with a normal human vs. human war story.
Old 2014-02-19, 11:39   Link #48
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I just want Urobuchi to not fall in the trap of painting the protag's side as ruled by warmongering assholes and incompetent buffons while whitewashing the opposite side as not so bad but really honorable noble demons and virtuous ubermensch. Which was what made me sick about UC Gundam with the whitewashing of Zeon.
Old 2014-02-19, 18:06   Link #49
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I just want Urobuchi to not fall in the trap of painting the protag's side as ruled by warmongering assholes and incompetent buffons while whitewashing the opposite side as not so bad but really honorable noble demons and virtuous ubermensch. Which was what made me sick about UC Gundam with the whitewashing of Zeon.
Actually, in many UC series, most of the Zeons are still generally painted as “bad” or “evil” as they can be with few exceptional characters from Zeon's side:
Main series:
MSG: Evil Zeon
Zeta Gundam: Evil Neo Zeon
Gundam ZZ: Still Evil Neo Zeon
CCA: Even more evil Neo Zeon (with Char going nuts, but Neo Zeon kinda got redeemed by the end for helping in the you-know-what event)
OVA:
08th MS Team: Neutral (each side has balanced amount of good & bad people)
Gundam 0080: Neutral (but Zeon still received plenty of evil moments)
Gundam 0083: Evil Zeon
Gundam Unicorn: Evil Federation (but near balanced-state if I say so myself)
MS IGLOO: Neutral
Old 2014-02-19, 22:22   Link #50
Dekomori Sanae
Twintail Twister!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
Lots of gore. This is Urobutcher we're talking about.
Old 2014-02-19, 22:51   Link #51
whitecloud

Most likely with both side has its own reason for war and its justified from their point of view...
Old 2014-02-20, 04:17   Link #52
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Most likely with both side has its own reason for war and its justified from their point of view...
Yeah,as much as I think people overblow his "butcher" side if there's one thing I expect from him is some sort of moral dilemma and there being heroes and bastards on both sides.
Old 2014-02-20, 23:08   Link #53
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

For some reason I saw Weltall and read it as "Stand tall and shake the heavens", but I guess I was just seeing what I wanted to see at that point.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2014-02-20, 23:39   Link #54
Rosalena
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Can I just say that I think the phrase "Let justice be done, though the Heavens fall" (or any variation) is pretty spiffy? Go into my box of neat sound quotes, it shall ^_^

I love, love, love well done mecha series so I'm definitely looking forward to this title. While some of his projects end up being a bit of a mess (I'm looking at you, Fate/zero) Urobuchi is a overall very strong writer. I can't wait to see what he does with this project!
Old 2014-02-21, 02:16   Link #55
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalena View Post
Can I just say that I think the phrase "Let justice be done, though the Heavens fall" (or any variation) is pretty spiffy? Go into my box of neat sound quotes, it shall ^_^

I love, love, love well done mecha series so I'm definitely looking forward to this title. While some of his projects end up being a bit of a mess (I'm looking at you, Fate/zero) Urobuchi is a overall very strong writer. I can't wait to see what he does with this project!
Fate Zero was a mess..? Could you please elaborate on why you think so please? It's one of my favorite shows, granted the pacing in general may have been better but I never saw it as a mess. I'm not trying to start an argument btw, I'm genuinely curious as to why you think so.
Old 2014-02-21, 17:41   Link #56
Rosalena
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
Fate Zero was a mess..? Could you please elaborate on why you think so please? It's one of my favorite shows, granted the pacing in general may have been better but I never saw it as a mess. I'm not trying to start an argument btw, I'm genuinely curious as to why you think so.
Sure, I don't mind. So as not to derail this thread I'll send you a Private Message later with my thoughts. ^_^
Old 2014-02-22, 05:25   Link #57
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalena View Post
Sure, I don't mind. So as not to derail this thread I'll send you a Private Message later with my thoughts. ^_^
Alright then
Old 2014-02-22, 12:17   Link #58
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Yeah,as much as I think people overblow his "butcher" side if there's one thing I expect from him is some sort of moral dilemma and there being heroes and bastards on both sides.
Urobuchi has mellowed a lot from what he was really. His current stuff is no where near as dark as his earlier works. In those there's almost zero hope for anyone at all
Old 2014-02-23, 17:23   Link #59
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Yeah Iv grown to expect that from him too. It really doesn't matter to me that much if the show is extremely dark or not I actually watch some of Urobouchi's works more for the moral dilemmas he presents than anything else.
Old 2014-02-24, 09:13   Link #60
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
is anyone aware that this isn't Urobucchy's first mecha series? well as of recent there is another one with Toei animation.

also "german Kamen Rider" Blassretier & Suisei no Gargantia looks like it had a huge difference between them in terms of well.... butchi-ness, still not sure about his tokusatsu work, Kamen Rider Gaim..........
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, urobuchi gen