AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-17, 23:03   Link #1
Elegance

Anime with a laid back main character

I would like to see a anime with a laid back attitude but when he needs to get something done, he does it.

GTO-Onizuka
One Piece-Luffy
Isekai No Seikishi Monogatari-Tenchi
Cross Game-Kitamura Kou
Old 2011-10-17, 23:14   Link #2
jedinat

Shura no Toki - Mutsu (first two arcs)
Trigun - Vash
Musekinin Kanchou Tylor - Tylor
Old 2011-10-18, 01:58   Link #3
Rethice
Kingslayer

Send a message via AIM to Rethice Send a message via MSN to Rethice
Mushishi - Ginko is an embodiment of zen, but still full of enough personality to really get attached to.

It's not an action anime, it's really an atmospheric paranormal, so I don't know if it really compares to the other things you've mentioned, but I promise you will fall in liove with Ginko if you check it out.
Old 2011-10-18, 07:11   Link #4
kitten320

Rin from Ao no Exorcist is quiet laid back. He always slacks off and zones off during lessons but once it comes to fighting, he gets things done even if sometimes he is very irresponsible.

The main male lead in Clannad is quiet laid back.

Everyone are laid back in K-ON

Usui form Kaichou wa Maid-sama! is laid back characters since he is perfect at everything.

Keima from Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai is laid back, all he ever does is playing games but he always has a perfect score at tests and once he is determined to do something, he will accomplish it at any cost.

Main hero from Katanagatari is laid back, he is mostly clueless about a lot of things but he gets developed a lot and once it comes to action, he does his thing perfectly.

Almost all 3 main characters are laid back in Samurai Champloo, especially Mugen.

Senjou no Valkyria: Gallian Chronicles
, main hero is very easy going and seems to be an idiot sometimes but once it comes to coming up with war strategies, he is great.

Touma is pretty laid back, he is from Toaru Majutsu no Index
Old 2011-10-18, 08:16   Link #5
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I suggest Tamaya Seikichi from Oh! Edo Rocket. He's obsessed with making fireworks, but otherwise is pretty laid-back.

Yaichi in House of Five Leaves may be using opium to achieve his laid-back character, but he's very effective in his chosen profession. The show's protagonist, Masanosuke, is a unemployed ronin whom Yaichi tries to recruit. Masa is also pretty low-key but surprisingly effective with his sword.
Old 2011-10-18, 08:50   Link #6
jermaxium

guys mind if you help me? i'm searching for this certain martial art anime, well first of i'm from philippines. well it was aired at our country between 1997-2002.. sorry i forgot the exact year. to anyone who's not from my country. i will explain the plot of the first episode.. so here it is.

episode 1 :

the main hero was out of food, no money, starving and wandering around until he arrived at a restaurant where there was a special offer, if he finishes a hundred or so dumplings in a certain fixed time he gets it for free if not, he pays for it. then one of the girl protagonist arrived, chased by some bad guys and the restaurant became a battle field.. well the hero was still in the eating contest. his table was flipped due to the fight and his dumplings flew (lol) . he made some acrobatic stance to catch all the food. the fight was about to end and there was only one dumling left flying in the air when boooom.... the girl flew to evade an attack and at the same time the last dumpling was also landing at the same spot the girl landed so the hero dived to get the last piece of food when TADDAH they bumped and kissed each other..(hahaha) the girl was so mad and attacked the hero and claimed that he stole her first kiss. well the goons passed out due to the main characters clash.

( lucky him to take her first kiss. lol but he failed the eating contest so he pays for what he ate)

He has no money so he washed dishes...

here is some discrption of him:

- the hero was alot like ryu in street fighter
- he changes dobok ( martial art costume ) when his about to fight
- his dobok was a blue one and a red headband.
- he was a user of a legendary martial art style as the story indicts.

in the story there was ninja enemy and later on became their ally.
there was also an episode where he taught a kid that the first thing to do when danger comes to him is to run and if there was nowhere to run then whats only left is to fight ( in this episode he faught a guy with a chinese spear)

well that's all i remembered folks. please help me find it. to those who know the title of that anime please tell me. to those who happen to read this blog.. that was a guaranteed cool anime so if ever i find that toon i will post it here for you to watch

THANKS AGAIN !!!!

well the hero of this anime was pretty laid back too...

Last edited by jermaxium; 2011-10-18 at 08:52. Reason: the post was somewhat far out from this blog spot's topic
Old 2011-10-18, 19:12   Link #7
Undertaker

Legend of Legendary Hero and Bakemonogatari, both have main characters who are laid back with laissez-faire attitude.
Old 2011-10-18, 22:11   Link #8
Elegance

Currently watch Shura no Toki and going down the list. Right now im loving it. thank you.
Old 2011-10-18, 23:01   Link #9
ArrowSmith

Cowboy Bebop - Spike Spiegel
Mushi Shi - Ginko-San
Old 2011-10-23, 15:58   Link #10
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
To Aru Majutsu no Index - Touma's a slacker blessed with misfortune, bad grades, and really poor choice of words in most situations involving woman (the general source of his misfortune). But when he sees someone in trouble he won't hesitate to fight an opponent more powerful than him even at the cost of his own life.

Oreimo - Kyousuke, the older brother, generally is forced into the world of anime by his imouto, Kirino. When his sister or her friends need assistance he jumps right into action and does his best to help them to the best of his abilities.

Prism Ark - Hyaweh is a knight in training with a great attitude, skills, and a friendly atmosphere. When his friends or his love interest is in danger he uses his skills with a sword to protect them.
Old 2011-10-23, 20:30   Link #11
Puddingman

Mushishi for sure, for the reasons the others said.

I think Big O might be to your liking too. Roger Smith is a a rich guy with the "slick" attitude, but he does get to work when he's gotta. There's mecha in it too if you dig that.
Old 2011-10-24, 18:22   Link #12
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegance View Post
I would like to see a anime with a laid back attitude but when he needs to get something done, he does it.

GTO-Onizuka
One Piece-Luffy
Isekai No Seikishi Monogatari-Tenchi
Cross Game-Kitamura Kou
The main characters name in Isekai No Seikishi Monogatari is Kenshi not Tenchi.