Notices

Old 2007-02-10, 14:54   Link #21
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Neji -> Hyuuga's (prodigy)
Itachi -> Uchiha's (prodigy)

These two super genius shinobi should definetly fight eachother. The clash between those 2 clans is bound to happen. Sasuke has too much luck with women and refused it (to revive his clan the old fashion way)
Neji is not on Itachi's level and never will be. Itachi was a chuunin at age 10 and an ANBU squad captain at the age of 13. An age when Neji was still a genin. Neji is also not important enough to be involved with one of the manga's major villains like Itachi.

Sasuke vs. Itachi is one of the most anticipated fights in the manga. Kishi wouldn't ruin it for some side character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujin View Post
I want to see Hinata and Kurenai play a major role in killing an Akatsuki. I don't even care which (maybe the woman?). Those two are in dire need of both screentime and canon victories...
It looks like Kurenai missed her chance with Hidan. I would have liked to have seen her finish Hidan with Shika. Although it would have taken a little of Shikamaru's badass moment away. Hinata could be involved with Zetsu or the unknown member.
Old 2007-02-10, 15:53   Link #22
Chains of Heaven
Sasori's Puppet

maybe in future neji can help lee fighting kisame..Kisame is one hell of a chakra monster nearly as much as 2 tail naruto.And will surely defeat Lee in one on one.But if Lee's friend/old rival fights with him, neji can empty kisame's chakra and lee can take him in taijutsu battle..so that can throw neji out of list: which may open way to hinata+shino against zetsu..
Chains of Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 16:53   Link #23
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Neji is not on Itachi's level and never will be. Itachi was a chuunin at age 10 and an ANBU squad captain at the age of 13. An age when Neji was still a genin.
Funny that you should say that, because the same goes for Sasuke :P
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 18:51   Link #24
uchiha_shinobi

Send a message via MSN to uchiha_shinobi
But Sasuke improved greatly during his training whit Orochimaru, while Neji couldnt have that kind of training in Konoha whit Hinata and her father.

I think its obvious that Sasuke or Naruto will kill Itachi nothing else would make any sense.

Last edited by uchiha_shinobi; 2007-02-10 at 19:11.
uchiha_shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 20:32   Link #25
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Neji is not on Itachi's level and never will be. Itachi was a chuunin at age 10 and an ANBU squad captain at the age of 13. An age when Neji was still a genin. Neji is also not important enough to be involved with one of the manga's major villains like Itachi.
Wasnt this the same with Sasuke? If you claim that Neji has no chance then it's exactly like saying Sasuke has no chance. The fact that Neji is Konoha's only (compared to all the others) new jounin means something.

Besides...the fact that their fight didnt continue (Neji vs Sasuke) is because Sasuke would lose (even Kakashi said this: "Our Sasuke wont stand a chance"

This was before Sasuke had his super speed + Chidori...but Neji proved that Speed doesnt work on him since Lee never won...when we talk about opening 5 Gates then it's a different story...but Sasuke never reached that level of power/speed.

Quote:
Sasuke vs. Itachi is one of the most anticipated fights in the manga. Kishi wouldn't ruin it for some side character.
I think the most anticipated fight will be Hyuuga vs Uchiha, Sharingan vs Byakugan. And like i mentioned...if someone else kills Itachi it'll be ALOT more interesting...just like Naruto aiming for something else besides Hokage.

Think about this.....
If Naruto defends Konoha and everyone else (villagers, shinobi, feudal lords+advisors) see it...and acknowlegde Naruto (the thing he wants so badly) do you think he'll still aim for Hokage?

Could be but it can also be that he has furfilled his objectives...and aims for something else. Like a wife + children and living happily ever after...
Old 2007-02-10, 20:47   Link #26
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Sasuke and Neji started a fight?
Honestly if you really think Neji will take care of Itachi I think you are clearly delusional.
This isn't even a matter of skills or strength -even if he would get awfully butchered anyway-, it's just that he's not important enough.

The best you can hope is a Neji vs. Sasuke and personally I kind of hope it will not happen whereas it used to be my dream fight because right now Neji would be used as a mere measuring stick to show-off Sasuke's power and I rather prefer seeing Neji kicking some ass.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 22:50   Link #27
BlackShinobi07

SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!! - 9 rookies taking out 9 akatsuki members. It appears thats actually whats happenign in the manga so far since s-class criminals are dropping like flies to chunin ranked ninja.

Sakura took out Sasori with some huge help
Shikamaru took out Hidan
Naruto took out Kakuzu
and i geuss Sasuke is suppossed to take Itachi

Akatsukis role in the manga so far is really dissapointing to me with exception of Itachi, Kisami, Sasori, and Diedara. Well really the only dissapointments so far have been Hidan and Kakuzu since they were eliminated so easliy.

Last edited by BlackShinobi07; 2007-02-11 at 13:29.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 17:23   Link #28
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShinobi07 View Post
Well really the only dissapointments so far have been Hidan and Kakuzu since they were eliminated so easliy.
Call it poetic justice, they steamrolled all their previous opponents and have finally gotten a taste of their own damn medicine!

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 18:56   Link #29
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShinobi07 View Post
SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!
Akatsukis role in the manga so far is really dissapointing to me with exception of Itachi, Kisami, Sasori, and Diedara. Well really the only dissapointments so far have been Hidan and Kakuzu since they were eliminated so easliy.
Well, Akatsuki members have to be defeated somehow and they have to be defeated by the main characters, most of which are chuunin. But still, it's not like it hasn't been a group effort to defeat Akatsuki. Shikamaru and Naruto landed the final blows on Kakuzu and Hidan but they did not defeat them alone. Here's all the Konoha nin involved in the defeat of Hidan and Kakuzu

Izumo
Koketsu
Asuma
Kakashi
Raidou
Aoba
Chouji
Ino
Yamato
Shikamaru
Naruto

All of these ninja played a part against Kakuzu and Hidan though some played a bigger part than others. For example, if Aoba and Raidou hadn't come to distract Hidan and Kakuzu, Shikamaru would've died right there. And if it weren't for Yamato and Kakashi, Naruto would've immediately died against Kakuzu. There has not yet been a single-handed defeat of any Akatsuki member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Johnny5
Think about this.....
If Naruto defends Konoha and everyone else (villagers, shinobi, feudal lords+advisors) see it...and acknowlegde Naruto (the thing he wants so badly) do you think he'll still aim for Hokage?

Could be but it can also be that he has furfilled his objectives...and aims for something else. Like a wife + children and living happily ever after...
Yeah, after all that talk every other chapter about "My dream is to be Hokage blah blah blah.." I don't see him just deciding he wants to cast it aside. It'd be very un-Naruto. Imagine Rock Lee deciding to quit training because he decides his taijutsu's already good enough. Doesn't fit. But I don't think the manga will necessarily end with Naruto becoming Hokage. Kishimoto might decide to leave the question of whether or not he becomes Hokage open.

Last edited by Sabaku Kyu; 2007-02-11 at 19:13.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 02:54   Link #30
amOKchen
duel me

My theory is that:
The current Akatsuki leader is only a middleman, from the shadows it is Uhicha Madara who is controlling Akatsuki and probably not all the Akatsuki members know it. We have only had a few indications about this guy, but they have been VERY STRONG - he is bound to be introduced with a leading role sooner or later.

So it is actually 10 Akatsuki :>!
In the end of the manga I predict that Gai, Kakashi and Naruto will fight this guy head on and Kakashi will probably die here.
amOKchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 04:06   Link #31
DAmer
Hokage

I don't think all the 9 rookies get to take down a Akatsuki. Characters like Chouji and Ino are just there to stand around and watch. But I do think each rookie teams get to take down a Akatsuki member. I feel Tobi is reserved for Kakashi, considering Tobi is Obito and Gai or Neji's team will most likely get to take down Kisame. As for Diedara maybe Gaara's team or Gaara himself might get to kill him as payback. Don't know about the leftover members.
DAmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 08:37   Link #32
ShikaShika
無罪

I think we all know that all rookies simply aren't up at the same level. I doubt for example that either Ino nor Chouji will ever play a bigger part in defeating an Akatsuki member than they have right now. The same goes for Tenten, Kiba and Shino. They are support characters.

I like the idea of grudge matches mentioned above though... I hope the grudge match between Hidan and Shikamaru isn't over yet, Hidan really hates him now... I still can't make heads or tails out of the aftermath of that fight, but I hope the only reason Kishimoto gave Shika such an easy win is because they'll fight again later on...
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 12:28   Link #33
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika View Post
I like the idea of grudge matches mentioned above though... I hope the grudge match between Hidan and Shikamaru isn't over yet, Hidan really hates him now... I still can't make heads or tails out of the aftermath of that fight, but I hope the only reason Kishimoto gave Shika such an easy win is because they'll fight again later on...
Since Team 10 needs action, Kurenai was involved with Asuma, Hidan is definitely not dead (he is burried alive and won't die of suffocation) and will definitely be found by Akatsuki (Zetsu will look for the ring), it's pretty much obvious to me Hidan has to be finished by Kurenai.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 16:08   Link #34
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Since Team 10 needs action, Kurenai was involved with Asuma, Hidan is definitely not dead (he is burried alive and won't die of suffocation) and will definitely be found by Akatsuki (Zetsu will look for the ring), it's pretty much obvious to me Hidan has to be finished by Kurenai.
It was pretty obvious that Hidan had to be finished off by Shikamaru and he was. Look at the manga for the past 20 chapters. The conflict was between Shika and Hidan. The buildup and focus was on Shika's character. It was his revenge. Not Kurenai. So I am not sure where you got that.

Hidan is toast. His body was blown apart and likely crushed by the weight of the rock. What good is living if you are reduced to apple sauce? IF Kakuzu is gone then there is no one left to help him. There is a reason Kishi added the part about the Nara Clan's land. The Akatsuki could care less about Hidan. He failed. They might want the ring, but that's it.

Although I like the idea of Shika being targeted by followers of Jashin and maybe even Jashin-sama himself, if there is such a being, in the future.
Old 2007-02-13, 17:23   Link #35
Rahan

Quote:
It was pretty obvious that Hidan had to be finished off by Shikamaru and he was. Look at the manga for the past 20 chapters. The conflict was between Shika and Hidan. The buildup and focus was on Shika's character. It was his revenge. Not Kurenai. So I am not sure where you got that.
It has not been explicitly stated yet, but it's hinted Kurenai was the one with the closest relation with Asuma, hence since killing Hidan became a vengeance matter, she has to be involved. She wasn't shown out of the blue when Asuma died for nothing. Her relation with Asuma will be explained and a Hidan fight is the best time to do it.

Quote:
Hidan is toast. His body was blown apart and likely crushed by the weight of the rock. What good is living if you are reduced to apple sauce? IF Kakuzu is gone then there is no one left to help him. There is a reason Kishi added the part about the Nara Clan's land. The Akatsuki could care less about Hidan. He failed. They might want the ring, but that's it.
He got one bijuu and got heavily wounded while his partner died. There isn't much difference with Deidara really.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 18:42   Link #36
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
It has not been explicitly stated yet, but it's hinted Kurenai was the one with the closest relation with Asuma, hence since killing Hidan became a vengeance matter, she has to be involved. She wasn't shown out of the blue when Asuma died for nothing. Her relation with Asuma will be explained and a Hidan fight is the best time to do it.
The matter has been resolved because Hidan is defeated. As a pupil of Asuma (and arguably the one Asuma was closest to) Shika had just a much claim to vengeance as Kurenai. When he defeated Hidan, justice was done for him, Kurenai and Asuma. Furthermore, the spirit of Asuma pretty much appeared to confirm it. It wouldn't make since to have Hidan come back just so Kurenai can have her own separate vengeance.

Quote:
He got one bijuu and got heavily wounded while his partner died. There isn't much difference with Deidara really.
That's an understatement. He was blown to pieces and then crushed under tons of rock there's a difference. And like DeDe said, even if he did survive it doesn't do much good since Kakuzu is dead too and he was the one that had the ability to sew Hidan back up. BTW, Kakuzu was also the one who repaired Deidara's arms.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 09:43   Link #37
Akatsuki#666

How the hell can Sakura beat Sasori ;D
Akatsuki#666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 10:35   Link #38
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
That's an understatement. He was blown to pieces and then crushed under tons of rock there's a difference. And like DeDe said, even if he did survive it doesn't do much good since Kakuzu is dead too and he was the one that had the ability to sew Hidan back up. BTW, Kakuzu was also the one who repaired Deidara's arms.
Don't count Kakuzu out just yet, I doubt he's dead already.

As for the Hidan situation, there are a lot of arguments both for and against him coming back. The arguments against would be the way that Shika found closure at the end of the fight (Asuma appearing, and that stuff about the clan land). Considering that, it does seem weird that Hidan would return.

On the other hand Hidan died way too fast and too easily, there wasn't a sense of closure for his character (screaming about Jashin the last time we saw him) and his imortality and religion were never even explained. As it is, it's just such a waste of character imo.

I'm almost certain Kishimoto will let either of them survive at least (in a decent state ).
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-15, 15:41   Link #39
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
I waited for chapter 342 to come out before addressing this.

You were obviously a little off. Kurenai is pregnant and out of action perhaps for the rest of the manga. We now know why she was shown and her relationship with Asuma. She was his wife or to be wife(see the ring?). Kishimoto never had any intentions of Kurenai being part of Shika's revenge. Like I said. It was never about her. Her story ended up being tied into Shika's at the end too. He will now be her child's protector. Kurenai's story was explained.

There is going to be no more fights for Hidan. He is done. Busted and smashed apart under tons of rock, watched over by the Nara Clan. The one guy who could attempt to repair him now dead. The arc and storyline are over.

Quote:
On the other hand Hidan died way too fast and too easily, there wasn't a sense of closure for his character (screaming about Jashin the last time we saw him) and his imortality and religion were never even explained. As it is, it's just such a waste of character imo.
Some would argue that Sasori was a waste of a character and went way too easy for someone so strong. But like Hidan and Kakuzu, he served a greater purpose. Villains are defeated to make heroes great. That's what they do. Hidan's character doesn't need closure since he fulfilled his only role. Boost Shikamaru. Just like Kakuzu with Naruto.

As we saw in chapter 342, Kakuzu died with a ton of questions on the table. Obviously Kishi is not keeping around characters to explain things. He is moving on with the story.

Quote:
I'm almost certain Kishimoto will let either of them survive at least (in a decent state ).
After this chapter, would you like to take a bet on that?
Old 2007-02-23, 00:05   Link #40
lankree

If for some reason it was lined up 1 Akatsuki to 1 Rookie (which there is no evidence for) there are some miscalculations in that. First, Sakura had her fight with an Akatsuki, Sasori. She didn't defeat him on her own, but she helped. There were eleven members of Akatsuki, meaning two more than the number of rookies. Mind you, Tobi, if Obito, belongs to Kakashi, but that still leaves someone unaccounted for, Orochimaru in this equation.

If there were a line up, how would it go?
Ino - ?
Kiba - ?
Sakura - Sasori
Shino - ?
Hinata - ?
Shikamaru - Hidan
Chouji - ?
Naruto - Kazuzu
Sasuke - Itachi

The rest of the characters, as of yet, have no attachment to Akatsuki. Chouji and Ino missed their window for developing a new grudge, as Shikarmaru handled Hidan. To bring them back into the equation, they'd either need to spend more time in the limelight or be sent as a squad with other persons to handle the other Akatsuki. It is likely that Kiba, Hinata and Shino will becoming into the center stage and it is likely that the last member of Akatsuki comes to light. We may find out if she's Zetsu's partner and if they don't travel together for some reason.

There's no reason to connect the rookie nine with the nine active Akatsuki. Especially considering that Ino and Shino are background noise compared to Neji and Lee who are not in this equation.

Last edited by lankree; 2007-02-24 at 22:01.
lankree is offline   Reply With Quote