AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-01-27, 11:30   Link #3101
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
I'm not going to read too much into the popularity. It's not going to make a major difference in terms of the overall plot. Might be different looking fights depending on their fragments (say if Kuchinashi or Teruyama fought Ishiyama instead of Mio) but it won't be altering the overall storyline.
This, basically.

On the other hand, I would like another Needless Zero volume that tells what the other members of the faction were doing while Cruz was searching for them.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 11:57   Link #3102
Sekirei07

I wonder how Kuch can selectively choice who her fragrance can effect and who it won't work on

In third shelter she affected everyone but Simeon group with her ultimate attack but her allies right by her is why im wondering
Sekirei07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 12:09   Link #3103
Homura7

As far as I know, Setsuna and Mio's greatest desires would be Arclight and Blade respectively, so they already have them. Since they're Kuchinashi's friends, I suppose both are well trained to resist her fragances. That or Kuch simply pointed the fragance at Cruz's group. We will wait for a translation.
Old 2010-01-27, 13:07   Link #3104
Ca12nag3

Send a message via MSN to Ca12nag3
I think thats a matter of controling your abilities, Mio doesnt crush thrue chairs or break cups and glasses all the time even tho she has superstrength. Atuka heated up everything around her yet herself and her clothes were unharmed. So Kuchinashi has controle over who or what she can target i recon.

About popularity and the plot, well the overal plot wouldnt change drasticaly, *the so called red line of the story*. And about the girls finding their crushes...you kidding me right? The only one with a real storyline involving the crush is Kuchinashi in 1 of the sidestories.
Also Mio found her Ni-san didnt she, she doesnt have to help Cruz or Eve or whoever yet she does, this itself alters the plot since well shes actualy a member of the 3 girlsquad, guess its now down to 2? lol.
Ca12nag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 13:45   Link #3105
Sekirei07

is it the pretty girl squad or the killer girl squad? I see both terms used but are they the same group or is just those three that are the pretty girl squad inside of the killer girl squad (the girls from the academy)
Old 2010-01-27, 14:09   Link #3106
Homura7

Considering that was her main reason for joining, as long as Blade stays with Cruz, Mio'll follow them everywhere.

Last edited by Homura7; 2010-01-27 at 14:27.
Old 2010-01-27, 15:12   Link #3107
Sekirei07

But its interesting that Mio I think also wanted to go with Cruz because of Cruz. Mio in all aspects does not need Cruz, Cruz needed her to survive. I think it was Cruz that influenced Mio to want to go with them. If Mio wanted to search for Blade, should would have been able to do it easy, especially if she used Simeon's help.
Old 2010-01-27, 15:31   Link #3108
Homura7

But she's no idiot, and knew that following Cruz would rise her chances to find Blade than following her own comrades. In the end, the luck was at Mio's side and she ended up meeting with him.

Of course, Mio doesn't want Blade, only his head

http://www.onemanga.com/Needless/10/08/
Old 2010-01-27, 16:20   Link #3109
Sekirei07

Well since Blade's body was going to be taken, she took what she could get lol
Old 2010-01-27, 17:11   Link #3110
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
is it the pretty girl squad or the killer girl squad? I see both terms used but are they the same group or is just those three that are the pretty girl squad inside of the killer girl squad (the girls from the academy)
Yup, you got it right.

Pretty Girl Squad is only Setsuna, Mio and Kuchinashi. Killer Girls are all the girls from St. Rose Academy.
Avvesione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 17:36   Link #3111
Sekirei07

I wonder if Cruz is considered one of the "Pretty" girl squad members since he teamed up with them all lol
Old 2010-01-27, 18:16   Link #3112
Avvesione

I wouldn't consider a him part of the Pretty Girl Squad since Riru calls it "her" Girl squad. I guess Riru came up with the name for those three together and they just added the Pretty part whenever they talked about themselves.

Nanami and Misaki were both in the Girl Squad as well. I think Girl Squad is all of Riru's Killer Girls and the PGS is just the trio.
Old 2010-01-27, 18:35   Link #3113
Ca12nag3

Send a message via MSN to Ca12nag3
About Mio teaming up with Cruz from CH50 read again id say, she didnt go with him cause she wants to see Blade. Well she might want to but thats not it. She simply doesnt say why, also she said that she would tag along with him until he meets up with Blade. She doesnt mention at all in ch51 that she wants to see him.
Ca12nag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 19:52   Link #3114
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
ACK!!! Mio really likes Blade. Man that guy is one lucky son of a...oh yes she's only after the head. But that probably changed in the recent manga chapters.
Old 2010-01-27, 20:23   Link #3115
Avvesione

It's my impression that Mio wants to help Cruz. After all, she found him and took care of him after PF Blast. And now that Cruz is a Killer Girl, Mio wants to help her "kouhai" out, too.

Also, I'm not going to read too much into the crushes the girls have. If it were important, they would've been brought up more since then.
Old 2010-01-27, 21:00   Link #3116
Kefit

The idea that Mio was going along with Cruz for the purposes of meeting up with Blade was born from a mistranslation. She just tells Cruz that she will go with him until they find Blade, presumably because at that point Cruz would no longer need her protection. The fact that this translation error has survived so long is somewhat uncanny, as I was able to catch it myself when I went through ch51 a few weeks ago with my meager Japanese skills.

As for why Mio helped and is still tagging along with Cruz, I think there is something more to it that hasn't been revealed yet - when Cruz asks her why she nursed him back to health, she gets a rare serious look on her face and then changes the subject. I'm looking forward to this revelation, as hopefully it will bring some good development for Mio (and maybe even the rest of the shoujo butai).

Quote:
Also, I'm not going to read too much into the crushes the girls have. If it were important, they would've been brought up more since then.
Yeah, I don't think these are important at all. Maybe Kuchinashi's relationship with Riru will come up again, since it got some page time in Needless Zero 2, but I'll be pretty surprised if the other crushes ever amount to anything meaningful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_
Nope. He said many times that each story from Needless Zero volume is CANON.

At the end of volume 8 he talks about the Black Madam, adding that her fans can stay calm when asked if she has a death flag. He inmediatly denies she's gonna die, and references Needless 1.5 where two years later we all can see how Black Madam's indeed alive.

Kami stated Needless 1.5 as his first story and his most important one because it links the end of Needless 1 and the beggining of Needless 2 from the whole Needless concept.

That's all you need to know
You know little if any Japanese, as shown by your tiresome adherence to mistranslations (see the Mio/Blade thing I described above) and your inability to contribute to translation discussion regarding things like Ishiyama's dialogue in ch75. Whatever you think you may may have read from incidental sources is quite likely wrong. Your continual insistence that your interpretations are the gospel truth are incredibly annoying, and only do this thread a disservice by misleading those who aren't clued in enough to ignore your drivel. Please stop.

Last edited by Kefit; 2010-01-27 at 21:22.
Kefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 21:59   Link #3117
Sekirei07

you think Mio sees blade as someone she can "play" with without holding back rather than someone to love love?

Mio has always shown self control with her powers on everyone. But with Blade she doesn't hold back even when it comes to hugging him lol
Old 2010-01-27, 22:05   Link #3118
Avvesione

^
It sure seems that way but I guess we'll find out. Seems they'll be together for a while since they're the only fighting Needless with Cruz and I don't see any reason either of them are going to split up unless something major happens.

I'm kinda curious when we'll get to hear Eve's history. We've known Blade's+Arclight's for so long, it's about time they have an arc about her. It's too bad that she's not active in this arc either...
Old 2010-01-28, 00:45   Link #3119
shadowii

she certainly seems to enjoy smashing her butt into him.

But whether her crush on him is important is nothing compared to her monster hugs. (Blade does a good imitation of a crushed lizard)
shadowii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 00:50   Link #3120
shadowii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefit View Post

You know little if any Japanese, as shown by your tiresome adherence to mistranslations (see the Mio/Blade thing I described above) and your inability to contribute to translation discussion regarding things like Ishiyama's dialogue in ch75. Whatever you think you may may have read from incidental sources is quite likely wrong. Your continual insistence that your interpretations are the gospel truth are incredibly annoying, and only do this thread a disservice by misleading those who aren't clued in enough to ignore your drivel. Please stop.
actually that one he got from me. And i asked two other members of the forum to translate the page in disks profile that has The Black Madam.

Plant42 who can read Japanese and DragonbladeX who could read the chinese translation.

They both translated the page as saying that the Black madams true name is Tetsuyanagi Kuroko and that she does not have a death flag because she appears in Needless 1.5 as the black mother.

Last edited by shadowii; 2010-01-28 at 01:08.
shadowii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, seinen