AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-24, 10:11   Link #981
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
Found a translated one

Thanks man, much appreciated.

*goes to update TVTropes article*

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2009-11-24, 11:32   Link #982
Ashaman

So, Aogami Pierce, is that his name or description? I find it a little odd that one of Touma's friends wouldn't be named.
Old 2009-11-24, 11:48   Link #983
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
So, Aogami Pierce, is that his name or description? I find it a little odd that one of Touma's friends wouldn't be named.
Description. Of appearance.

Old 2009-11-24, 11:58   Link #984
Miraluka
Banned

.... "The Queen" name is missing.
Old 2009-11-24, 17:15   Link #985
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
.... "The Queen" name is missing.
That's her nickname, "The Queen". Like Aogami Pierce, her real name hasn't been revealed.

Let me know if there's any typos and I'll fix the image up, I already noticed "Aztec 'Organization'" is missing.

Edit:

Added missing "English Royalty" and "Aztec 'Organization'":

Last edited by sasuke706; 2009-11-24 at 17:36.
Old 2009-11-24, 18:22   Link #986
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
That's her nickname, "The Queen". Like Aogami Pierce, her real name hasn't been revealed.

Let me know if there's any typos and I'll fix the image up, I already noticed "Aztec 'Organization'" is missing.

Edit:

Added missing "English Royalty" and "Aztec 'Organization'":

Wasn't Shinri Shouaku the name of "The Queen"? XP

Geez... here some people says Oleyrus, I said Orrelus and now the chart shows Aurrelus DX
Old 2009-11-24, 19:20   Link #987
stillmissing

Quote:
Wasn't Shinri Shouaku the name of "The Queen"?
Shinri Shouaku = 心理掌握 (psychological holding) = メンタルアウト (mental out)

It's how you can read the name of her ability in kanji.

Although more is known about the 5th than the 6th, she has yet to receive a name or an appearance.
Old 2009-11-24, 20:07   Link #988
sasuke706

Quote:
Geez... here some people says Oleyrus, I said Orrelus and now the chart shows Aurrelus DX
Not my translation, though I agree with it. "Aurelus" is an actual name, and the Katakana shows two "R"s, so it's a variation of it. Translating foreign names from Japanese isn't the easiest task, as there's often several ways to say it, let alone spell it. Unless the author decides to be nice and just outright spell it in English, it'll be up for debate.
Old 2009-11-24, 21:46   Link #989
longshot

good lord i remember one episode of majutsu index mentioning the kamijou faction of magic and science ( aka magicians and espers united under one group ) touma didn't believe it and neither did i
until i saw that expanded picture of characters.... oh my god i think he may of just formed his own
faction unintentionally no wonder his life is going to suck alot soon ( or get better depending )
Old 2009-11-25, 00:22   Link #990
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillmissing View Post
The latest events occur on Oct 17th. And yes, the story begins on July 19th. So it's been roughly three months.

And yes, during this small period of time Touma has been hospitalized so many times.
Spoiler for nothing major:
Wow. Either time moves slowly in that universe or Touma is more unlucky than I thought.
Old 2009-11-25, 04:47   Link #991
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

With Touma and his hospitalization.... I think it is about time that we question that who is paying for his hospital fee??? Unless Heaven Canceller truely provides free service.....

Quote:
Wasn't Shinri ShouakuGeez... here some people says Oleyrus, I said Orrelus and now the chart shows Aurrelus DX
Trying to unify translated names from Japanese is close to impossible. It isn't hard to generate over 5 spelling for a signle name when you try to romanize it. There is just that many way to come up with spellings that sounds the same or similiar.

Thus

*cast a vote on not bothering with unifying trnalsted names

As long as it is reocgnizable, it is goo enough.
Old 2009-11-25, 06:41   Link #992
tsunade666

while reading vol 13. It looks like accelerator's choker has a limit. For example when his in a building with thick concrete walls and when the electric wave communication begun to fall.

It will just turn into a cellphone without signal.
Old 2009-11-25, 10:49   Link #993
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
With Touma and his hospitalization.... I think it is about time that we question that who is paying for his hospital fee??? Unless Heaven Canceller truely provides free service.....
Unless Touma has one hell of a Insurance. Which could probably explain why he is poor.

But seriously Aleister views Touma as a tool. That is not that expendable unlike 10,000 Sisters and Child Errors. Some forces outside Academy City fear Touma akin to a WMD.

So maintenance of this lad is a priority. As we've seen Aleister finds Touma very useful.
Old 2009-11-25, 11:38   Link #994
Willcrusher

Is Accelerator still restricted to 15 mins for his power? Or did he somehow get fully healed?
Old 2009-11-25, 22:12   Link #995
tsunade666

no accelerator has not been healed or rather it cannot be healed like touma.
Old 2009-11-25, 23:19   Link #996
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Unless Touma has one hell of a Insurance. Which could probably explain why he is poor.
Quote:
But seriously Aleister views Touma as a tool.
You just answered your own question.
Old 2009-11-26, 00:28   Link #997
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Quote:

But seriously Aleister views Touma as a tool. That is not that expendable unlike 10,000 Sisters and Child Errors. Some forces outside Academy City fear Touma akin to a WMD.

So maintenance of this lad is a priority. As we've seen Aleister finds Touma very useful.
I don't know for what reason Touma would be poor (even if Crowley actually backs him up in the face of "mysterious amount of money suddenly gotten into his bank account" ) because the dorm (or was it apartment) he's living in seems to have its own kitchen, a fridge and an air conditioner. And he does have a debit card (although by his own fault he smashed it under his own feet).

... We must remember that his parents are still around, alive and well...

Old 2009-11-26, 04:12   Link #998
Siegfridus
Tlacuilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
I don't know for what reason Touma would be poor (even if Crowley actually backs him up in the face of "mysterious amount of money suddenly gotten into his bank account" ) because the dorm (or was it apartment) he's living in seems to have its own kitchen, a fridge and an air conditioner. And he does have a debit card (although by his own fault he smashed it under his own feet).

... We must remember that his parents are still around, alive and well...
But Touma keeps telling himself that he's poor
Old 2009-11-26, 04:21   Link #999
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegfridus View Post
But Touma keeps telling himself that he's poor
Which is why I'm mentioning that. My statement is a question within itself.

I mean, if by his standards he is going to say he is not poor, then what kind of possession he should have? The debit card?

Old 2009-11-26, 04:51   Link #1000
tsunade666

touma is poor if you considered his status and his place plus his daily living. He can be considered poor. Going to buy when it has sale, not buying pricey stuff and totally ON THE BUDGET thing. and his family used to live in an apartment but until they manage to saved up to buy a house but that house been blown to smithereens in angel fall arc which lead back to a small apartment house. Can you call that not poor? if you state that the status is rich and poor then they are poor but if you add the point where barely manageable to live or a has a normal lifestyle then maybe .... yeh. but still they are poor and the number of injuries that touma sustain is in question to be too high so its not that hard to believe that its either frog faced is treating him for free or rather in low price or crowley is providing it. Maybe an insurance too but who knows and just by having a debit card doesn't prove they aren't poor. Eating hotdog sandwich for lunch is poor if you ask me. ................................ now that I think of it maybe index is one to blame of him becoming poor.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen