AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-10-22, 12:34   Link #901
Kurohane

I can't believe people have taken that line from his interview from how many years ago, and use it as an excuse to prove their point.
Old 2013-10-22, 12:59   Link #902
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Well, you're the one who's gonna end up disappointed if you pinning your hopes on Kishi in regards to female characters
Not all females. Just Sakura
Old 2013-10-22, 21:56   Link #903
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Not all females. Just Sakura
yea, kurenai has quite the storyline and development.

her father: "you're only good for making babies"
she was a barely existent character as a team leader
she did a move against itachi and was quickly forgotten in the fight
she got pregnant
she cried over her man dying
the end
i guess her father was right?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 03:12   Link #904
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post

she got pregnant
the end
Hey at long at least he does Sakura some well. I'll be good.
Old 2013-10-25, 18:17   Link #905
pisceanreve

I'm quite surprised because I was personally very happy with how the female characters turned out. In a lot of mangas, they're very stereotypical--moe or very reserved and boring, or any other typical role they take. In Naruto, it's nice to see a cast of strong women. Not one of them is weak in my opinion, or underdeveloped. I love Sakura, Ino, and Tsunade and find them to be very strong. I usually don't care for the Hinata-"type," but even she is a great character in my opinion, especially in her quest to become stronger. I only wish we could see more of her. Still, I don't feel her development to be lacking.
True, the females in the manga are sort of put into a traditional healer role, but there are also those going on the front-lines, so to speak, so I think it evens out. The ratio seems realistic to me.
pisceanreve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-25, 19:00   Link #906
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisceanreve View Post
I'm quite surprised because I was personally very happy with how the female characters turned out. In a lot of mangas, they're very stereotypical--moe or very reserved and boring, or any other typical role they take. In Naruto, it's nice to see a cast of strong women. Not one of them is weak in my opinion, or underdeveloped. I love Sakura, Ino, and Tsunade and find them to be very strong. I usually don't care for the Hinata-"type," but even she is a great character in my opinion, especially in her quest to become stronger. I only wish we could see more of her. Still, I don't feel her development to be lacking.
True, the females in the manga are sort of put into a traditional healer role, but there are also those going on the front-lines, so to speak, so I think it evens out. The ratio seems realistic to me.
Watch/Read Shingeki no Kyojin. That is what character development and strong female characters (and male characters) look like. Naruto is exactly how you do not do female characters.
Old 2013-10-26, 00:40   Link #907
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisceanreve View Post
In Naruto, it's nice to see a cast of strong women. Not one of them is weak in my opinion, or underdeveloped.
they aren't weak compared to normal people, but they are weak compared to the guys in naruto. by a long shot.

compare sakura to the rest of team 7. compare tsunade to the rest of team hiruzen. compare rin to the rest of team minato. compare konan to the rest of akatsuki. it's really quite obvious how weak the women are in this series.
Old 2013-11-01, 00:33   Link #908
pisceanreve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Watch/Read Shingeki no Kyojin. That is what character development and strong female characters (and male characters) look like. Naruto is exactly how you do not do female characters.
Yeah, I'm in the middle of that one. I know it's supposed to have amazing character development and everything, but to be honest I felt the characters a tad flat. I'm interested to see how Sasha and Annie turn out, I guess, but I haven't gotten attached to a single character in that series. However, I will say that there is more equality as far as strength goes compared to Naruto.
So, if we're talking about relative to others in the series then...I can agree even if I don't find them weak exactly.
Oddly, I even think Kishimoto was trying his best with the girls (by what he wrote about them), so I don't know what happened >.<
I still think Tsunade's as strong as her teammates though, and Ino, so there's that, in my opinion XP
pisceanreve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 22:06   Link #909
Empress Ayeka

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post

she got pregnant
the end
Her dad just said he wanted her to have a child, not that she couldn't do anything else
Old 2013-11-05, 00:38   Link #910
Lelouch24

I don't really HATE any of the characters in Naruto. There are a few that I absolutely love (Kakashi, Itachi, Hinata, Shikamaru, etc). I even like Sakura more than most.

Spoiler for massive spoiler for anime-only viewers:

Last edited by monir; 2013-11-05 at 08:08.
Lelouch24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 00:18   Link #911
Lagnes

Orochimaru, even black zetsu called him disgusting.
Old 2013-11-09, 19:35   Link #912
DeathStrike
SLASH!

this is the only series where i like every single character. they all have some kind of purpose
Old 2013-11-19, 13:46   Link #913
JustRob

I dunno if I mentioned it before in this topic, but I hate Jugo. His reason for joining Sasuke is absolute bs ("Oh you remind me of Kimimaro please let me kiss your buttocks"), his abilities are utterly disgusting (sucking up other people's flesh and embedding others with his own flesh, stupid chakra DBZ blasts that never do any damage whatsoever), and he's always way too overconfident.

He thinks that because he can go psycho beast mode, he can kill everyone. Well here's the memo pal, your psycho beast mode stopped being scary long before you were introduced. I absolutely loved watching the Raikage whack the shit out of him.

I honestly wish Jugo and Suigetsu would have been left in the Samurai prison and eventually killed. Only Suigetsu still has the sword collecting thing going for him, even though it's going absolutely nowhere. But still, not as bad as Jugo.
Old 2013-11-19, 22:13   Link #914
itachi-san314

team hebi was always a random bunch of characters who never quite fit the story. and they all never amounted to much other than henchmen anyway. they're pretty boring one trick characters for sure
Old 2013-11-20, 19:33   Link #915
Empress Ayeka

Wow, this thread started ten years? Anyway, I actually like everybody. I have no issues with any character in particular
Old 2013-12-17, 19:11   Link #916
Homucifer
Banned

Hinatanshe is worthless garbage and is annoying and can't do anything right Sakura is like 1 point above her on the worthless scale
Homucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 22:31   Link #917
Tornado The Dragon
A.K.A Big Brother

Sakura that's for sure.