50.7% - Bleach vol.55

Jump Comics Popular with Males
83.3% - Nisekoi vol.3
81.8% - Kochikame vol.181
74.9% - Medaka Box vol.16
62.7% - Toriko vol.20
61.2% - Beelzebub vol.16
51.4% - Naruto vol.61

Oh yeah god damn Gintama no idea it was that popular agmonst Japanese females.
one piece isn't in the top 6 for males?
catavecino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 14:50   Link #10382
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by catavecino View Post
one piece isn't in the top 6 for males?
Like I said it's not a popularity poll. It's gender proportion comparison poll, hence I said it was disingenious. One piece has roughly a 50-50 (or 52-48) split in readershhip in males and females hence why it's so low. A manga with only 5 male reader's would come first on popular with males side as it has a 100% male popularity. It doesn't measure the amount of reader's simply the proportion of male to female reader's hence why no manga appears on both sides, One piece is low on one and not appearring in the other despite being by a significant amount the most popular manga in Japan in existence, and the data is shown in a two variable bar chart, etc.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 16:23   Link #10383
[HearT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naginoura View Post
A new Medaka Box novel will be released in October. It's titled "Medaka Box Gaiden - Good Loser Kumagawa Novel Version (Part 1) 'Suisō ni ugomeku nō darake'". Here is the amazon page: http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4087032787

Kumagawa in a (at least) two part Nisio novel... This should be quite amazing.
This news excites me greatly : D I wasn't sure how popular the first couple of novels were, so I was afraid there weren't going to be anymore~~

And the other two had such nice color foldouts, looking forward to getting more~♥ ^^
[HearT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 16:30   Link #10384
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Oh yeah god damn Gintama no idea it was that popular agmonst Japanese females.
fujoshi demo is big for Gintama. Actually, I would kinda argue that all of those listed for the females are manga with decent to large fujoshi audiences, not sure about One Piece though.
Granted it would be kinda sexist to assume that any shonen titles that a lot of women like would classify them under fujoshi, but that seems to be the case in this specific list.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 17:18   Link #10385
kantou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naginoura View Post
A new Medaka Box novel will be released in October. It's titled "Medaka Box Gaiden - Good Loser Kumagawa Novel Version (Part 1) 'Suisō ni ugomeku nō darake'". Here is the amazon page: http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4087032787

Kumagawa in a (at least) two part Nisio novel... This should be quite amazing.
sugoiiiii !!! Tsukimonogatari 28/09, medaka box gaiden ??/10 I love nisio isin.
kantou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 17:18   Link #10386
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
fujoshi demo is big for Gintama. Actually, I would kinda argue that all of those listed for the females are manga with decent to large fujoshi audiences, not sure about One Piece though.
Granted it would be kinda sexist to assume that any shonen titles that a lot of women like would classify them under fujoshi, but that seems to be the case in this specific list.
I'd be more implied to go by the conclusion that those manga's are popular by females anyway which would make more sense since we're talking about a 60+ % and that a section of that female fanbase is fujoshi but they make up a part rather than whole. Kinda like a section of ale demographic will be represent by the more sterotyped "Otaku's". Just like there's people more interested in shipping and those that aren't.

Different strokes for different folks when thses things are selling close to millions or multiple millions per volume, specific niche fanbase making up the majority of the fanbase doesn't make much sense. Different age groups and preferrences seem more likely.

E.g One Piece, there's no way in hell what 3 million a volume by just appealing to 13-19 year olds males interested in battle shounen as this break down shows. Like most mainstream shounens it's far more gender neutral appealling equally to both, hence why it's so large.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 18:06   Link #10387
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
I'd be more implied to go by the conclusion that those manga's are popular by females anyway which would make more sense since we're talking about a 60+ % and that a section of that female fanbase is fujoshi but they make up a part rather than whole. Kinda like a section of ale demographic will be represent by the more sterotyped "Otaku's". Just like there's people more interested in shipping and those that aren't.
except that most of those titles are generally accepted as fujoshi bait.
Old 2012-09-05, 19:11   Link #10388
Last Carpet

anything new up?
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 19:38   Link #10389
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
thx Tenchi
And lol @ Haikyuu, i think it's doing badly or subpar at best.
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 21:55   Link #10390
orangejuicetang

Spoiler for chapter 161:

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 22:05   Link #10391
Wolfenstein

Aside from the mention of the third Not Equal, it was an average transition chapter.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 23:49   Link #10392
kingstonbeer

Spoiler for shiranui:
kingstonbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 02:29   Link #10393
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Why was that suitor's face hidden for most of the entire chapter? Is he channeling Hanten or something?
Aside from that, fairly decent, thought the fights were a lot less interesting than they could have been, but it's not like this manga to draw things out longer than they have to be so I don't know what I was expecting. The reappearance of the Narrator for the first time in, what, a hundred chapters for the sole purpose of justifying Ajimu's behaviour was kind of surprising, though. I will never cease to be amazed at the hoops Nisio continues to jump through in order to keep the manga going while she's around.
Translation was pretty bad this week though. Half the time I had very little idea what the characters were trying to say.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 04:17   Link #10394
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I was reading the raw, but where does it say there is one more Not Equal?

And seriously? Angel Style? Serious??
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 04:33   Link #10395
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
I was reading the raw, but where does it say there is one more Not Equal?
Knowing CXC, it probably doesn't. It's just Hanten's "birthplace", whatever that means.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
And seriously? Angel Style? Serious??
Wait, what? I completely missed this.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 04:49   Link #10396
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

It is among Anshinin san's list of skills, the very last one.

It is like Nisio never forget about trolling us, even it is something minor in the background.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 06:59   Link #10397
Riltz
⌂ Vulcan 300 ⌂

Well, when she's fighting her ninja clone there's one named [scat incident] without any explanation, they just leave it there to your imagination

What i like is that this isn't dragged off, usually shonen mangas would do at least 20 chapters about how to reach shiranui and it would make the arc really annoying, actually i didn't expect them to reach shiranui that fast .

Also, that dress is cute.
Riltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 07:55   Link #10398
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

the Shiranui Clan are in the shadows and protectors of the world i guess Shiranui's next mission is to fight Medaka like snatch Zenkichi's love affection away from Medaka lol

and nice action panels, love the concept that you cannot beat yourself instead make someone beat yourself lol... i guess the saying is true that their is always someone better than you
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 09:41   Link #10399
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Knowing CXC, it probably doesn't. It's just Hanten's "birthplace", whatever that means.
You know for once you're right, it was a mistake. And now it's fixed' thanks for the heads up.
Old 2012-09-08, 10:29   Link #10400
Last Carpet

So suddenly Medaka is an expert on Shiranui.....yeah....MC Powers strike again
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council