AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2007-09-27, 15:02   Link #81
jfs
Aegisub dev

While Aegisub is not running:
Go to Start->Run, type "%appdata\aegisub" and select OK, open "config.dat" in Notepad and delete all lines that start with "automation". Then save the file. Things should work right now.

Also "latest build" is rather inaccurate, figuring out the actual build number is very easy (it says in the title bar) and I would really appreciate if you (and anyone else) would write the exact build number instead of just "latest".

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 15:29   Link #82
OpeTh
Fansub PowA

Thanks jfs for your very quick answer, I will try that right after writing this message.
Concerning the build number of the release, it is r1564, but I thought it was clear enough when I said that I installed the program with the lastest .exe file.
Sorry for this imprecision, I keep this simple point in my mind for further messages

EDIT : It works perfectly, thank you again jfs.
OpeTh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 14:06   Link #83
dragon5152
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to dragon5152 Send a message via MSN to dragon5152 Send a message via Yahoo to dragon5152
I seem to have a slight problem with karaoke that I'm doing.

This problem seems present in several karaoke scripts that i've done.

Here is a picture of the problem:

Thats actually not the best picture of the problem.
I've fixed the overlapping syllables, but the spacing is the same. I think it might have something to do with the video being 16:9 although I'm not sure.

Here is a better picture of the problem, this is after I fixed the overlapping syllables:

If I resized the video to 4:3, the karaoke effect works fine.

And I've put {\k0} before every space which I know does fix another spacing problem, I just don't know how to fix the one in the picture above.

If it means anything, I'm using \pos($x,20) in the template (if I use multi-template or line-per-line syllable, same thing happens).

Thanks.

EDIT:
Fixed the problem by reading wiki.

Tools->Properties change video res.

Last edited by dragon5152; 2007-09-30 at 15:20.
dragon5152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 11:54   Link #84
2Weights
I'am....... who!??

Need ur help guys..

I've installed Aegisub on xp sp2 but got a problem..
I can't preview the video..

the massages is "Fatal Error"

my steps..
--Aegisub Run > [fine] > Load ASS > [fine] > Open Video > (selected) > got Error Massages.

--Aegisub Run > [fine] > Load ASS > [fine] > Use Dummy Video > (optioned) > Error Massages.

in VISTA...
--Aegisub Run > [fine] > Load ASS > [fine] > Open Video > (selected) > [fine] > Play Video > [fine] > "work well"

--Aegisub Run > [fine] > Load ASS > [fine] > Use Dummy Video > (optioned) > got Error Massages > said "the csri(sory forgot) cannot be find"

could you give me how to resolve these problem...
jfs.

^__^
thx
2Weights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 12:23   Link #85
edogawaconan
Hi
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to edogawaconan Send a message via Yahoo to edogawaconan
you forgot to mention aegisub's version
Old 2007-10-17, 12:32   Link #86
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by edogawaconan View Post
you forgot to mention aegisub's version
I believe that's 2.0 (though I suppose you mean the build number), because I used to get similar errors, and still do. However this is on a system which couldn't even open AVI files in the 1.10 version, so... Cursed. ;_;
Old 2007-10-17, 13:50   Link #87
2Weights
I'am....... who!??

aiihh...
forgot.. >.<

I used in version 2.0 with several series.. 1652, 1554, etc
but still..
Old 2007-10-17, 13:54   Link #88
2Weights
I'am....... who!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
I believe that's 2.0 (though I suppose you mean the build number), because I used to get similar errors, and still do. However this is on a system which couldn't even open AVI files in the 1.10 version, so... Cursed. ;_;
zzzzZz

so I'm not alone.. :P

so there's no clue huh...??

unfortunately
Old 2007-10-17, 15:07   Link #89
jfs
Aegisub dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Weights View Post
--Aegisub Run > [fine] > Load ASS > [fine] > Open Video > (selected) > got Error Massages.

--Aegisub Run > [fine] > Load ASS > [fine] > Use Dummy Video > (optioned) > Error Massages.
How about you tell WHAT those error messages say? Lots and lots of things can go wrong, you need to tell what error you get for anyone to be able to help you at all. (Sometimes just reading the message yourself is enough to tell what the solution would be.)

There has, for several weeks now, been a message right next to the Aegisub 2 r1564 download link which says:
Quote:
There is a minor bug in this version: A wrong build of VSFilter is distributed with it, and it might not work on all systems, resulting in no subtitle display. Download and install this package to correct the problem. The package required to make VSFilter work will also be required for later versions of Aegisub, but will be distributed as part of the installer then.
You need to do that on ALL Windows versions. If you aren't sure whether you have it already or not it's safe to just install it either way.

Also, there is a bug in r1564 and earlier versions where it doesn't look in the correct location for VSFilter when using it through AviSynth (the default) - usually this won't be a problem, because it will also attempt to use the system VSFilter, assuming one is installed. If you do not have VSFilter registered as a DirectShow filter, Aegisub might not be able to find it at all. The workaround is to put a copy of VSFilter.dll into the same folder as Aegisub.exe - there has to be one in both that folder and in the "csri" subfolder.
This will be fixed in the next build.

And note that r1564 says "1560" in its title bar, this is a minor glitch and doesn't mean anything, it is 1564 despite this.

Old 2007-10-27, 15:27   Link #90
Esente
OEC's TypeSetter+Encoder

Aegisub for Ubuntu Gutsy?

Is there any chance a guide to install Aegisub on the new version of Ubuntu? A pre-compile package would be nice!
Esente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 15:34   Link #91
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esente View Post
Is there any chance a guide to install Aegisub on the new version of Ubuntu? A pre-compile package would be nice!
http://malakith.net/aegiwiki/Unix_Instructions

I personally think that these instructions are much better than for any other software that I had to install myself on Linux so far...
Old 2007-10-29, 02:34   Link #92
HG_F
Fansubber

problem w/ scene timing

Hey, I had a quick question regarding scene-timing in Aegisub that you guys might be able to answer.

When I load certain videos (XviD) sometimes the scenes won't appear, making it impossible to scene-time.
This only happens with certain raws, and not all but the ones I have experienced were with XviD.

Is there a way to force Aegisub to detect scene changes?
Do I have to re-encode the vid?

Thanks,

HG
HG_F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 03:41   Link #93
jfs
Aegisub dev

Aegisub can unfortunately not read keyframa data from AVI files that only have OpenDML indexes. This will change in a later version, but probably not as one of the first things.
If you re-write the file with VirtualDub (just use direct stream copy on both video and audio) you should get a file Aegisub can use, assuming it's smaller than 2 GB.

Old 2007-10-29, 04:16   Link #94
HG_F
Fansubber

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfs View Post
Aegisub can unfortunately not read keyframa data from AVI files that only have OpenDML indexes. This will change in a later version, but probably not as one of the first things.
If you re-write the file with VirtualDub (just use direct stream copy on both video and audio) you should get a file Aegisub can use, assuming it's smaller than 2 GB.
Thank you very much. That did the trick.

HG
HG_F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-31, 16:27   Link #95
Esente
OEC's TypeSetter+Encoder

I have another quesiton about Aegisub's Unicode support. I tried to use Vietnamese keyboard to type in Aegisub, but the character will disappear whenever I use a special character, like á, à, ả, ã, â,...

Is it me or it a bug?
Old 2007-11-01, 01:29   Link #96
jfs
Aegisub dev

Try in Options -> Subtitle Edit Box, to change the font used for it. It might simply be because the font you use doesn't support the character and can't display it.
Only guessing here.

Old 2007-11-01, 01:47   Link #97
fireshark
CRF Believer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to fireshark
I have Aegisub 2.0 r1611, using Karaoke Templater, with a template syl, how can I access the $start and $end of the line (instead of the syllable)?
fireshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-01, 13:55   Link #98
Esente
OEC's TypeSetter+Encoder

@jfs:
I used usual Unicode fonts from Windows, such as Arial, Times New Roman. The fonts are displayed fine on other applications.

For example, I type "a" then press "1" on the keyboard to get "á". However, when I do the same thing in Aegisub, the "a" will disappear.
Old 2007-11-01, 15:52   Link #99
jfs
Aegisub dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireshark View Post
I have Aegisub 2.0 r1611, using Karaoke Templater, with a template syl, how can I access the $start and $end of the line (instead of the syllable)?
Use $lstart, $lend - a lowercase L before the name.
Note that in pre-line templates, $start, $end etc. already refer to the line, since there's no "current syllable" there.

@Essente: Ok I'm clueless then.
I assume you use a current pre-release version?

Old 2007-11-02, 01:56   Link #100
Esente
OEC's TypeSetter+Encoder

I'm using r1458 build. The newest build gives me this error:
Code:
This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
I tried to install the Runtime package instructed in the Wiki, but had no success. So I went back to r1458 and it runs fine!

jfs, don't worry about it too much. Not man Vietnamese fansub groups out there though, so that bug would not affect much of your wonderful program.

Heh, as I alway expect, everyone would say my name wrong at the first time. It's Esente, not Essente, lol.

Tags
aegisub, help thread