AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2009-10-25, 06:29   Link #141
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Quote:
Too bad this game won't be translated for a LONG while and even if it were to be translated I can see Really Really & Tick tack being translated first since it's the chronological order of things.
If/when I can get my hands on the game and play it, I may at least take some notes regarding plot points in the game which I'd be willing to share. If there was enough interest I might even consider attempting a script translation. Granted it's not a playable game translation, it's better than nothing.

Quote:
hope it could be a real harem route if it does have a bonus route, one with all 12 at once LOL!
Doubtful there would be a full harem route simply because...

Spoiler for Why no full harem route in the game?:
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 18:28   Link #142
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post
Doubtful there would be a full harem route simply because...
Spoiler for Why no full harem route in the game?:
Yes, however...
Spoiler for more speculation based on the endings of the original game:
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 18:34   Link #143
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yes, however...
Spoiler for more speculation based on the endings of the original game:
Spoiler for Possibly...:
Old 2009-10-26, 04:33   Link #144
BlueGenome
Rimu-chan~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post
Granted it's not a playable game translation, it's better than nothing.
Right now I'm running the games through AGTH and ATLAS, which works okay. You have to fill in the gaps and it annoyingly drops name suffixes (-kun, -chan, etc.) but you can hear those anyway.

Any notes would be appreciated, but don't feel pressured or anything.

Spoiler for re: DJLowrider; Original Shuffle!:

Spoiler for re: relentlessflame; Original Shuffle! & Really? Really!:

Spoiler for re: relentlessflame & Micchi; Original Shuffle!:

tl;dr Harem unlikely.
BlueGenome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 08:20   Link #145
kniteowl

it's on sale now but we're left with nothing but a white screen...
Old 2009-10-29, 15:37   Link #146
Reo

Juz as I thought Navel might suddenly unblock foreign IP, and it really does unblocked! 0_0
Although I dono the reason(i guess is they still want foreign to buy their product), but this is so happy! ^_^

Juz noticed it was juz released about 4 hours ago...

EDIT: There's a question I want to ask, does Primula actually changed? becoz i found that Primula sound like a active girl on the Navel Official...

Last edited by Reo; 2009-10-29 at 15:52.
Reo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 21:01   Link #147
kniteowl

^If you played the original Shuffle, and did Primula's route, she becomes more I dunno the right word... emotional. She expresses her feeling more if you play her route.

Apart from that she pretty much tries her best to stay emotionless unless you play her route, with the exception when you buy her that Stuffed Animal Neko.

Last edited by kniteowl; 2009-10-30 at 04:19.
kniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 01:21   Link #148
BlueGenome
Rimu-chan~

Hooray for release! Now to wait for the game to show up on Paletweb...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reo View Post
There's a question I want to ask, does Primula actually changed? becoz i found that Primula sound like a active girl on the Navel Official...
As kniteowl noted, she (re)gains her emotions if you play her path. Since you haven't played it yet, I'll say no more. Except that Primula is sexy-awesome.
Old 2009-10-30, 09:15   Link #149
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGenome View Post
As kniteowl noted, she (re)gains her emotions if you play her path. Since you haven't played it yet, I'll say no more. Except that Primula is sexy-awesome.
Why isn't your title "Mr. Lolipedofin"?

I can't say as I agree with the "sexy" part, but Primula's route is undoubtedly the most entertaining of those in the original game. I'm looking forward to seeing if the hilarity continues in her extended route in Essence+.
Old 2009-10-30, 19:36   Link #150
kusanagiryu
Kaede-chan~

According to this walkthrough:

http://seiya-saiga.com/game/navel/shuffle_e.html

It seems that Ruri doesn't have her own route. WTF?! And this dispels any thought of the possibility of a harem ending i believe. Each girl only has one ending to it. (Minus Shia's alternate ending).
kusanagiryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 22:44   Link #151
relentlessflame

*Administrator

It's still possible (though not necessarily very likely) that some hidden route remains to be found, given that the game only came out technically yesterday. I remember that some of the hidden routes in D.C. II P.S. took about a week or so before surfacing (since people have to try various combinations to find them). Though I suppose we'll also find out once someone sorts through the CGs.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 00:57   Link #152
kniteowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider
I can't say as I agree with the "sexy" part, but Primula's route is undoubtedly the most entertaining of those in the original game. I'm looking forward to seeing if the hilarity continues in her extended route in Essence+.
I LOL'ed the most in her route... it was so funny I had to play her route again... although I was expecting Asa's route to be the funniest, I was pleasently surprised by Primula's route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
It's still possible (though not necessarily very likely) that some hidden route remains to be found, given that the game only came out technically yesterday. I remember that some of the hidden routes in D.C. II P.S. took about a week or so before surfacing (since people have to try various combinations to find them). Though I suppose we'll also find out once someone sorts through the CGs.
Yes we all know that only Keima-kun (from "The World God only Knows") would be the only person in the world who could unlock the entire game in one night, if he turned "GOD MODE" and had 6 copies of the game to play all the different routes simutaneously.
Old 2009-10-31, 01:56   Link #153
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Though I suppose we'll also find out once someone sorts through the CGs.
I've looked through the cg pack, there are some CGs of Ruri but not as much as the other girls and also no 18+ ones.

Spoiler for And there's 2 new CGs of Ama. Yay! \o/:
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 21:32   Link #154
BlueGenome
Rimu-chan~

Lots of requirements to unlock the various paths. IS INTERESTING.

Kikyou has no proper path? IS DISAPPOINT.

Nadeshiko has an ending? IS WIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
Spoiler for And there's 2 new CGs of Ama. Yay! \o/:
New Ama CGs? IS AWESOME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
Yes we all know that only Keima-kun (from "The World God only Knows") would be the only person in the world who could unlock the entire game in one night, if he turned "GOD MODE" and had 6 copies of the game to play all the different routes simutaneously.
Keima-sama? IS CAPTURE GOD.
Old 2009-11-04, 07:50   Link #155
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Well Kikyou does have her own ending, but it's stuck to Sia's route almost till the end.

Nadeshiko's route is really short and IMO it really forced.

Of all the new routes I like Daisy's route the most. Although you need to see all the other endings (minus Nadeshiko) to unlock this one.
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 08:40   Link #156
kusanagiryu
Kaede-chan~

Sakura and Daisy's routes are easily the best in the whole game. (No coincidence that they are the only new characters)
It's disappointing that Ruri didn't get her own route. She really deserves more love.

My heart aches for Kaede... I wish i could just reach out and hug the poor girl. She ends up with what is easily one of the worst routes in the game. Remember her route back in the original Shuffle? It's EXACTLY the same. What with all the reused cgs from Really! Really? you think they'd actually bother to explain her past with Rin with a little more depth. But heck no!

Don't get me wrong. I love Kaede. She's my favorite girl. I'm just mad that Nave didn't improve on an existing character when they had the time to include new characters. After what I've seen in Really? Really! I KNOW for a fact that Navel is capable of doing better.

Heck her character was more fleshed out in Sakura's route, which of course was a very good one. I almost wished Rin could take both Sakura and Kaede. It's just too painful to see Kaede dejected like that, especially if you've played Really? Really! and know the backstory to her past. Though i must complement Sakura for her being considerate enough to make that promise at the end. (Spoiler, so I won't elaborate. It was... a beautiful and emotional end. Literally had me in tears.)

Daisy's Tsundere character is so cute it makes me feel all fuzzy inside... Dere dere...

Oh and regarding Nadeshiko:
WORST . ROUTE . EVER!
Play the game and see for yourself. I kid you not.

Last edited by kusanagiryu; 2009-11-04 at 08:54.
Old 2009-11-04, 14:52   Link #157
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

So here's my full review for the game, the great, the good and the bad. Spoilers will be hidden where necessary of course. I'll start with the bad just to get it out of the way.

The Bad

The so-called "extended routes" for the original five girls were...lacking. At best. Honestly there was hardly anything of value added to any of their routes with the sole exception of...
Spoiler for The only interesting extended route:

Nadeshiko's route was an utter disappointment.
Spoiler for Why did it suck?:

No route for Ruri was a real let down. Student council presidents need love too, damn it. Just ask Tomoyo. Come to think of it, Ruri sure does look a lot like Tomoyo...

Having the identity of the "Mysterious kimono girl" spoiled the first time I saw an end credit sequence in the game was a big buzzkill.

You could tell in the audio where they simply re-used clips from the original game and where the new audio was. It's a nitpicky point, but audio is so important to this game it's worth mentioning.

The Good

With the exception of Nadeshiko's route, all the new stuff (or at least new-to-me since I didn't play On The Stage) was solid. I didn't think I'd like Mayumi or Tsubomi's routes but they were still quite enjoyable.

We got a fair bit more character exploration on many of the long-standing characters, especially Sia/Kikyou.

I really like that they pulled together the full story continuity from all the previous games. The story as a whole feels more complete as a result.

Spoiler for One of my favorite scenes:

The Great

Daisy's route was both fun and very engaging.
Spoiler for What made it great?:

But it couldn't touch the wonderfulness that was my favorite route in the game. That being Sakura's route.
Spoiler for Why it rocked:

Overall it was a very entertaining VN and I look forward to going back and starting some translation work on it. I'm not sure it lived up to its hype entirely, but the truly new content was good for the most part. It just could have been better in a number of ways.

Last but not least, my new personal heroine hierarchy. I have a new #1 girl for this series:

1) Sakura
2) Asa
3) Daisy
4) Kareha
5) Nerine
6) Mayumi
7) Tsubomi
8) Primula
9) Kaede
10) Kikyou/Sia
11) Nadeshiko

Last edited by DJLowrider; 2009-11-04 at 19:51. Reason: Gah! Forgot Mayumi. That's what I get for posting at the end of the workday.
Old 2009-11-04, 17:44   Link #158
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

uh ... no Mayumi on your rankings? :P
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 18:53   Link #159
kniteowl

So there are only 11 routes & endings?
Old 2009-11-04, 19:42   Link #160
kusanagiryu
Kaede-chan~

Quote:
Come to think of it, Ruri sure does look a lot like Tomoyo...
My thoughts exactly... One could even say she's a direct rip-off of Tomoyo.

The facts:
-Hair color
-Tone of voice
-Combat capabilities
-Student Council President