AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 04
10: Amazing... 5 7.58%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 9 13.64%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 25 37.88%
7 out of 10: Good... 13 19.70%
6 out of 10: Average... 8 12.12%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 2 3.03%
4 out of 10: Poor... 1 1.52%
3 out of 10: Bad... 1 1.52%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 1 1.52%
1 out of 10: Tortuous... 1 1.52%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-10-31, 23:57   Link #121
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
@windarkness: Sometimes, it's really hard to know if you're just on fire, or you are actually being rational with that way of posting. They attracts too much unnecessary attention because your posts could be view as a flamebait with new members (post 2008 ones).
What would you suggest I do Duo? Not post like wingdarkness? I'm sorry i don't color inside the lines bro...I hate to inject ego into it, but I like who I am on this site and many people have told me they love my posts...I've had several people write me PM's and rep saying I'm the only reason they log on...I don't even know how to be different than what i am...

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-sama
Already done that. I know most people aren't like me, still doesn't mean they can't at least make an effort to better convey their grievances. It's the sort of thing that would help further discussion if that is the genuine intent of such posts. Also "only longings"? Do you mean people would be longing for debate? Does that assume all people are here for that purpose? If so that's a rather strange way of putting it and that's exactly the sort of thing I've been talking about with where this thread has gone today. We're kind of in total communication breakdown mode here and thus I see no possible harm in people making a better effort to convey their thoughts here. Just cause it's the internet doesn't mean people have to be vague about everything.
When i was agreeing with you on Code Geass, when i was agreeing with you on Gundam 00, when i was with you on Macross Frontier, etc. etc., i never heard you ONCE say, hey wingdarkness change your posting style, or you're being too vague or whatever some such, but suddenly since i no longer agree with you, you want me to change how I post...That's disingenuous dude...And I won't stand for it...

You have a + after your name because you are one of my friends...How did we become friends? Because i agreed with you on $hitloads of shows, but now you wanna call me out and make me this bastion for useless posting! It's pi$$ing me off! Maybe you just don't understand it when people completely and utterly disagree with your chain of thinking...There are many people who do not like what you do in this forum, and i have the rep-points to prove it...

Gundame AGE, while completely understandable in it's search for a younger demographic, is a very simplistic show in plotting, themes, and overall story structure (I can see it clearly in the first 4 episodes)...This episode involving the introduction of Wolf was analogous to a Joey-centric episode of Yugioh where he duels some random new guy who later becomes his friend...This is the type of stuff many of us were worried about with Gundam AGE, that intrinsically it would be just as kiddy as it's animation would suggest(With the shroud of it being a gundam show to cover it)...

From a directing standpoint, it is hitting bulletpoints, but with no layers of depth being revealed, no worldveiw to consider, and hell no legible setup really, it's gonna be difficult for those of us who want to try and enjoy this show to keep our lips closed much longer...Trust me I'm trying, and i have enjoyed some elements, but with the visceral elements not being too enjoyable (The character designs, Moe-ish feel, wolfears. etc.) I, like some others, are wanting to rely on the storytelling to make things easier to accept...in these first 4 eps, and this one in particular, I see a very simplistic, almost WB Toonzai level of story structure, and I'm not feeling it...

You get that, or do I have to dive into another netherworld of depth, a paralyzing prism of depth-perception for you to understand that i can care less about the house of cards you want to build in this forum...I just post what's on my mind and look for good debates, that's my agenda...Those are my grievances and they are fluid and ever-changing, so stay tuned...

@james0246 - Wrote this before I saw your interjecting...Please allow this post to stand, this will be my last word on it...
Old 2011-11-01, 00:02   Link #122
james0246

^This will be the last post on this issue. Please continue all further posts in PM/VM. Thank you for your considerations.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 00:03   Link #123
Nvis
Where are the good animes

One thing's been bothering me for awhile now.

How come these new Gundams don't come with 360 degree cockpits?

Last edited by Nvis; 2011-11-01 at 00:23. Reason: For clarity
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 00:12   Link #124
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post

How come these new Gundams don't come with 360 degree cameras?
That's more of a Post-OYW U.C thing actually and has since yet to be really copied in any AU. I think the closest any show comes is G Gundam with the Mobile Trace System.

Personally I wish they'd try to do it with some of the A.U series, but we'll see it again in Unicorn in any case.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 00:18   Link #125
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I don't mind the one view screen in AGE, it makes it feel more cramped and mechanical, more realistic to me.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 00:41   Link #126
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:

Aesthetic style I suppose.

IMO I found it silly to have a 360 degree cockpit in a mechanical unit. I know that the system is designed to reproduce the images which is why balloon dummies are effective but I like the one view screen more.

Heck the Tierens in Gundam 00 had a grim-dark looking cockpit where it was just a visor the pilots had to wear. Too bad that wasn't carried over.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 01:01   Link #127
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Aesthetic style I suppose.

IMO I found it silly to have a 360 degree cockpit in a mechanical unit. I know that the system is designed to reproduce the images which is why balloon dummies are effective but I like the one view screen more.

Heck the Tierens in Gundam 00 had a grim-dark looking cockpit where it was just a visor the pilots had to wear. Too bad that wasn't carried over.
Likely because it requires a special helmet in order to use and it would make it impossible to pilot without said helmet. And we know Gundam pilots like their occasional helmetless piloting moments. Not to mention anime-wise, they would have to go inside the helmet to show their faces, rather than showing their emotions through a normal cockpit view. In 00, Sergei was the only named reoccuring pilot that had the setup anyways, they even gave a special panaromic view cockpit for Soma's Tieren.

In the end it depends on preference I believe. I personally like panaromic because I just think it looks so much neater whenever I see it and gives you a wider view in general I guess.

Quote:

I won't be surprised if they appear later generation. In 00, Celestial Being started off with three screen cockpits until they get their S2 Gundams which had the 360 view. Saving them for later mechs might also give a sense of improvement/change from the cockpit setup types now and the time frame of this show is suppose to be wide since we're going to have timeskips later.

It would be funny if we later find out that the UE units already have them now. lol
Old 2011-11-01, 01:50   Link #128
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
I won't be surprised if they appear later generation. In 00, Celestial Being started off with three screen cockpits until they get their S2 Gundams which had the 360 view. Saving them for later mechs might also give a sense of improvement/change from the cockpit setup types now and the time frame of this show is suppose to be wide since we're going to have timeskips later.

It would be funny if we later find out that the UE units already have them now. lol
The UE probably has a Dragon Trace System or something different than traditional cockpits, given how far advanced their technology is (e.g. absolute stealth fields, fold/tardis(?) systems and even beam shavers!).

The helmet visor of the Tierens are actually more efficient; they can still provide the same awareness of a panoramic cockpit/linear seat combo and the removed screens weight/space savings can be exchanged for more cockpit armor (and thus improved survivability).
Old 2011-11-01, 07:11   Link #129
ookamigirl

Woolf meets Flit & his friends.
Well, guess the conflict with him was kinda expected...
Flit vs Woolf for Gundam was interesting to watch.
Nice episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 19:21   Link #130
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
The UE probably has a Dragon Trace System or something different than traditional cockpits, given how far advanced their technology is (e.g. absolute stealth fields, fold/tardis(?) systems and even beam shavers!).

The helmet visor of the Tierens are actually more efficient; they can still provide the same awareness of a panoramic cockpit/linear seat combo and the removed screens weight/space savings can be exchanged for more cockpit armor (and thus improved survivability).
They do have advanced technology so their more likely to adapt something more high techy, but sometimes these things can be a design decisions as well. S1 CB Gundams from 00 for example are far more advanced than normal suits at the time but they don't even use the panoramic cockpits that the Flags and Enact have, deciding instead to use three monitors. Of course, they changed them with the S2 ones.

Anyways, shouldn't discussion of cockpit types be in the tech thread instead rather than the episode thread?
Old 2011-11-01, 23:58   Link #131
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
lmao, the beginning of the episode is like some Axe commercial. And it's Dasuke Ono at it, he usually does some funny work.

As for Emily, she doesn't really want Flit to proceed with this, and she was right. Inexperience almost gets them killed.

Overall, a decent episode, though probably not as cool as the rest. Still worth watching; so I say 7/10

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 00:25   Link #132
Jao
panchi~

Episode four was great and Woolf was cool.

Still missing Yurin though.
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Jao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 03:54   Link #133
Chase

Are they purposely trying to make me hate Emily? Its like the director is goading me into it. Anyways, good episode again. I didn't think UE would appear during the FlitxWolf mock battle. The UE got even more interesting as to what they are up to after this episode. Cool ship also.lol.
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 04:27   Link #134
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Episode 4!
  • I'm glad they showed the "likeable" side of Woolf in the same episode. The jerkassitute moments in the beginning of the episodes were not very pleasant to watch.
  • While Emily's motives were very, very understandable, it still made me cringe.
  • Lack of Yurin makes me sad.
  • Why are the stun bullets more effective against the UE than live bullets?...
Onwards to episode 5!
Old 2011-11-04, 01:56   Link #135
tetsuo69

after 4 eps i'm still not feeling it, its an okay series
Old 2011-11-04, 10:32   Link #136
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
So yeah, I do admit it's a bit bland so far, and they seem to be trying to appealing to the common denominator to the detriment of the show, but I am definitely optimistic that it will get better... Someone at Sunrise is probably watching the ratings very closely too.
2.5% for Episode 3 for the people curious about these matters.

Younger audience not watching (maybe an early morning timeslot like what Gurren Lagann and Eureka Seven aired in would've been better for it's target audience?)
BD not selling on Amazon (Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,078 in DVD)
DVD not selling on Amazon (Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,341 in DVD)

Are the models at least getting any interest? Oh well I guess Hino doesn't care as long as his Gundam AGE PSP RPG sells.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 17:53   Link #137
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
2.5% for Episode 3 for the people curious about these matters.

Younger audience not watching (maybe an early morning timeslot like what Gurren Lagann and Eureka Seven aired in would've been better for it's target audience?)
BD not selling on Amazon (Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,078 in DVD)
DVD not selling on Amazon (Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,341 in DVD)

Are the models at least getting any interest? Oh well I guess Hino doesn't care as long as his Gundam AGE PSP RPG sells.
Yes, we've been discussing this in the General thread.

As for the timeslot, other nichigo shows have had higher kids ratings than this, and they weren't even trying to aim at this group (nevermind how Gundam Seed on its doroku slot once got a 9.5% rating for kids under 12)
Old 2011-11-05, 09:59   Link #138
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va

Finally got the time to watch this >.> I like the fact that there's someone (Woolf)who's a pro pilot who believes that he should be piloting the gundam over a newbie. But back then i dislike Woolf's personality and i wanted Flit to win so bad. Its a good thing the UE interfered because as much as i wanted Woolf to lose, i was hoping that there wont be some boring reason as to how Flit will win. Surprising i liked Woolf's personality when the UE interefered.

The Gafran really seemed 'dumbed down' this episode. I find it hard to believe that the UE couldn't locate Flit and Woolf, and that there was a moment when the Gafran was doing nothing when Flit and Woolf were spotted.
KaiDamien is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion