Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-20, 23:43   Link #41
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 715
That is not a bad chapter. The next chapter will be good. Ideo sounds pretty cool. If Luffy beats Don Chinjao, his bounty will minimum be half billion. I think Luffy is worth 700,000,000 million belli. Zoro's will at least be 800,000,000 if oda finally gives him a worthy adversary(Admiral). Speaking of Zoro, I wonder if Jean Ango and Zoro know each other?

Fujitori
Crazy but I just realized Fujitori could destroy the world if he wanted to. Just pull the moon down on top of it. I can't help but wonder if Fujitori was given the fruit or picked specifically to counter Black Beard's Logia.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2013-07-22 at 22:09.
Old 2013-07-23, 11:52   Link #42
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Chapter 715
That is not a bad chapter. The next chapter will be good. Ideo sounds pretty cool. If Luffy beats Don Chinjao, his bounty will minimum be half billion. I think Luffy is worth 700,000,000 million belli. Zoro's will at least be 800,000,000 if oda finally gives him a worthy adversary(Admiral). Speaking of Zoro, I wonder if Jean Ango and Zoro know each other?

Fujitori
Crazy but I just realized Fujitori could destroy the world if he wanted to. Just pull the moon down on top of it. I can't help but wonder if Fujitori was given the fruit or picked specifically to counter Black Beard's Logia.
zoro won't be worth more than luffy...
Old 2013-07-23, 13:11   Link #43
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Unlike Luffy, Zoro has no real reason to have a high bounty aside from "being a strong pirate". Luffy is Dragon's son, so they will definitly always have a higher bounty for Luffy.
Old 2013-07-23, 14:41   Link #44
marvelB

Quote:
If Luffy beats Don Chinjao, his bounty will minimum be half billion. I think Luffy is worth 700,000,000 million belli. Zoro's will at least be 800,000,000 if oda finally gives him a worthy adversary(Admiral).

Um, just beating strong pirates alone doesn't guarantee a bounty hike. It's all about how big of a threat the government sees the bounty head in question being, as I'm sure you already know. That being said, Luffy and co. destroying Dofla's kingdom would be more than enough reason to give the ENTIRE crew a huge bounty hike, especially since we have both a marine admiral and CP0 nearby to witness the events as they unfold.....

Quote:
Speaking of Zoro, I wonder if Jean Ango and Zoro know each other?

Ango seems to be a NW bounty hunter, so I doubt he has any past connection to Zoro. And even if they did, I doubt the cactus-head would see Zoro as anything more than some extra cash for his wallet at this point.
Old 2013-07-23, 19:24   Link #45
Spammowarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Ango seems to be a NW bounty hunter, so I doubt he has any past connection to Zoro. And even if they did, I doubt the cactus-head would see Zoro as anything more than some extra cash for his wallet at this point.
I'll call this: Ango is Kuina.
Old 2013-07-23, 22:33   Link #46
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Unlike Luffy, Zoro has no real reason to have a high bounty aside from "being a strong pirate". Luffy is Dragon's son, so they will definitly always have a higher bounty for Luffy.
“A great man is always willing to be little.”
That is because Oda won't give Zoro his big day. He is way undervalued and his great feats (Ex: deal with Kuma at thriller bark before the time skip) are never witnessed by the people who give out the bounty. Plus Zoro has not been challenged at all since the two year time skip. I bet Zoro even has King haki right now. One day Oda will have no choice but to give Zoro his due. For now Zoro will have to carry the crew's burden behind the scenes.

Quote:
Um, just beating strong pirates alone doesn't guarantee a bounty hike. It's all about how big of a threat the government sees the bounty head in question being, as I'm sure you already know. That being said, Luffy and co. destroying Dofla's kingdom would be more than enough reason to give the ENTIRE crew a huge bounty hike, especially since we have both a marine admiral and CP0 nearby to witness the events as they unfold.....

Pirate King
Zoro has done more then just defeat strong pirate. He has protected Luffy's dream of being a Pirate King. What more can a man do? When Luffy makes Pirate King one day, it will not be without heavy lifting from his First Mate Zoro. He is also trained by the legendary Swordsman Mihawk himself. He is way undervalued.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2013-07-24 at 00:00.
Old 2013-07-24, 01:27   Link #47
marvelB

Quote:
Pirate King
Zoro has done more then just defeat strong pirate. He has protected Luffy's dream of being a Pirate King. What more can a man do?

I never doubted that he protected Luffy's dream at all. What I'm saying is that he still hasn't done much for the WG to consider him a bigger threat than he currently is. It's not like with Luffy, who recklessly raised hell at government facilities and survived to tell the tale before the skip. Zoro has to make some kind of tangible accomplishment; something that the whole world will notice, before he can get a proper bounty hike. And again, helping to overthrow a king/warlord who seems to have some sort of deep tie to the WG's upper echelon would be as good an example of such an accomplishment as any.
Old 2013-07-24, 08:51   Link #48
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^Achievements
If that is what it takes then I hope he gets a shot at the admiral, destroy the factory, or takes down CP0 in this arch. What ever happens I hope he gets a shot. Maybe his big moment will be in the Wano country.
Old 2013-07-24, 16:46   Link #49
Blackbeard D. Kuma

The truth of the matter is that all of the strawhats sans Luffy are undervalued. And outside of the monster trio and Franky, the others need to start pulling their weight more.
Old 2013-07-25, 04:34   Link #50
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
The truth of the matter is that all of the strawhats sans Luffy are undervalued. And outside of the monster trio and Franky, the others need to start pulling their weight more.
So true. I'm really hyped for the bounties after this arc

For example: Chopper can turn into a freakin' monster and stand his ground in Kung Fu Point. Of course the WG and Marines just see a little pet in him but sometime soon they should become aware of what he really is (Funny enough, that they didn't until now) - and then Chopper can be proud of his bounty because he fought like a brave man too

Last edited by ri0; 2013-07-25 at 04:45.
Old 2013-07-26, 04:11   Link #51
JonSnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
It's M4 now with Franky who I think is way stronger than a pacifista. The only reason that the SH's doesn't have a real high bounty, is because they don't kill civilians like Kid and Caribou.
Old 2013-07-26, 17:23   Link #52
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I wouldn't consider Franky part of the monster trio, but he's clearly the 4th strongest in the crew. He's not to be trifled with in the slightest. Once the WG gets complete confirmation of their (the other strawhats) activities post-skip, that's when we'll surely see significant rises in their bounties.
Old 2013-07-26, 17:33   Link #53
marvelB

In other news, here's the cover to the latest OP volume:

Interesting to see that the digitally colored chapter from a while back match with Oda's character colors here (particularly Barto and Cavendish). Guess Oda helped supervise the people who colored that chapter or something. I'm actually unsurprised that Fujitora isn't shown here, since I think it's more fitting for him to show up in 72's cover, anyway. However, as always, I'm mainly looking forward to the SBS corner!
Old 2013-07-26, 17:42   Link #54
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ Sweetness. We got colour schemes for several prominent characters in this arc. Fujitora probably will be on the next volume cover, along with Doflamingo, Law, and perhaps the dwarfs.

Although I'm loving all of the strawhats in this arc, I'm particularly captivated by Franky right now. Not only is his disguise awesome, but I really like how he's the one trying to get to the source of the problem (the factory) and being ever vigilant as to what's going on. Nothing is distracting him. A nice showing of his intellect and astuteness outside of his fun side.
Old 2013-07-27, 05:24   Link #55
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
but we can say that zoro is almost as strong as luffy
Old 2013-07-27, 06:01   Link #56
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
It's all about how big of a threat the government sees the bounty head in question being
And this is why Captains have a boost in their bounty.
They are the figurehead of their criminal organization (from WG's POV), obviously the worth and threat is higher than a mere swordsman in the crew who follows the said captain.
Old 2013-07-27, 10:12   Link #57
shalala

TBH I don't get why they even have bountys if no one is going to go after them. Plus the bounty them selfs for the SHs don't really say what they have done other then help people.
Old 2013-07-27, 11:55   Link #58
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
The bounties are supposed to be an indication of how much of a threat the characters are the the WG. I've been told that Ace's was the highest known bounty, and it wasn't just because of him being a commander under Whitebeard/ an extremely skilled user of the Mera mera no Mi... he was also the last relative of Roger.

Which is why i'm highly interested in Dragon's bounty... that should be an insanely high bounty, but the problem is that Dragon for the most part is a mystery. Although I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that he's a revolutionary rather than an actual pirate.

... and I hate to say it, but I sometimes wonder if bounties are One Piece's version of the infamous power levels of DBZ (although there is the fact that if they are, Zoro and Sanji's bounties should be MUCH higher)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2013-07-27, 15:53   Link #59
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
... and I hate to say it, but I sometimes wonder if bounties are One Piece's version of the infamous power levels of DBZ (although there is the fact that if they are, Zoro and Sanji's bounties should be MUCH higher)

Well..... yes and no, sort of. As was already noted by yourself and others, bounties are more indicative of a person's threat level, rather than their power level. Otherwise, why else would Robin have gained a 79 million price on her head at the tender age of eight years old?
Old 2013-07-27, 23:46   Link #60
JonSnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
but we can say that zoro is almost as strong as luffy
What makes you say that? We still need to see Zoro cut through a strong armament haki like Vergo.
Closed Thread