AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

View Poll Results: sola - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 25 36.23%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 43.48%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 11.59%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 8.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-15, 02:12   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

sola - Episode 11 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for sola, Episode 11.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2007-06-15, 17:53   Link #2
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Send a message via MSN to Anacone
An another excellent episode... beautifully drawn, check out that sky, water, animation is very detailed... Loved that effect at 21.51.

Mood was peaceful, but
Spoiler:

Very good, very good .
Old 2007-06-15, 18:11   Link #3
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for Episode 11:
Old 2007-06-15, 20:32   Link #4
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Works for me. Ep11 was another great one. Maybe not things that were totally novel, but events run so well that...
Spoiler for 11:
Really nice voice acting from Honda Youko, in my opinion, and Shimizu Ai did a good job, too. Noto Kawaii's voice as lovely as always. And Koshimizu Ami's Sae gives us a jolt every time.

Subculture has a summary.

One thing I liked was the fact that I could see "routes" to various endings:
Spoiler for ep11:
EDIT: Not sure if the comment about requiring spoilers included my post, since I thught I'd spoilered everything of significance already, but I've spoilered even more, just to be sure.

I really don't agree with having to spoiler things in these single-episode threads. Speculation about an episode can be in the previous-episode thread. I personally don't visit single-episode threads until I've seen the episode. But I've covered up everything I could think of anyway, since we have decided to follow this mistaken custom for sola. I think there would be a courtesy in allowing these threads to be free, too. Spoilering things defeats half the purpose of having single-episode threads.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-06-16 at 02:53.
Old 2007-06-15, 20:44   Link #5
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

I'm guessing that the DVD-only Episodes are a flashback and an after-story...
Old 2007-06-15, 20:45   Link #6
wontaek

To tell the truth, I understand but doesn't like the seeming direction to the end. Yakas are not what people expects in this scientific world, thus its existence may be very disturbing to the society, but still, I always believe that things are better revealed instead of being hidden in the long run, as you can't tell a lie forever.
Old 2007-06-15, 20:53   Link #7
Icerack

So it's seem like to me that Matsuri is going to take out Aono at the end.
Old 2007-06-15, 21:28   Link #8
stonedzombie
またね

Send a message via AIM to stonedzombie
reminder kids.....mark your spoilers!!
Old 2007-06-16, 00:01   Link #9
workingclass

all they are talking about is current stuff in episode and then giving predictions of future episodes what they think is likely to happen. whether its true or not no one knows unless they have read the full manga. but this is the episode 11 discussion thread talking about events and whatnot that happened in the episode
Old 2007-06-16, 00:09   Link #10
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Keeping things under spoiler tags until the episode is subbed is a common practice here and a form of courtesy towards other people who don't want to see major spoilers beforehand. No, it isn't a rule, and if one doesn't want spoilers it is easier to stay away from the thread, but a little consideration never hurt any one.

On a side note - it is impossible for any one to know the future events, because the anime is ahead of the manga. If anything, watching the anime is spoiling the manga for you
Old 2007-06-16, 01:08   Link #11
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-16, 01:29   Link #12
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberasian View Post
Spoiler:

The impression I got from Sola manga series was that Mana did have active interest in Yorito. One of point my wife made was that it is impossible for Mana to even occasionally cook Yorito's dinner unless she really liked him. In real life you almost never see a girl cook for anyone outside her immediate family. One exception I know was this story about two Korean student in graduate student dorm and it resulted in marriage as she said she gotten so used to cooking for the guy, she didn't think marrying him would make much difference in her life. If Sola was a game, choosing Mana would mean choosing to live like regular human being as long as possible, and I predict there will be a Mana route in Sola ren ai simulation game, which will appear soon.

Last edited by wontaek; 2007-06-16 at 01:30. Reason: What I wrote can't really be considered spoiler
Old 2007-06-16, 01:39   Link #13
Omniscient

Episode 11 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-16, 03:52   Link #14
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
The impression I got from Sola manga series was that Mana did have active interest in Yorito.
my thoughts exactly ~ the problem here is yorito being so occupied with matsuri and aono to even notice, which is tragic for mana...but i must commend her for holding her feelings in so well...we have often seen this type of character acting unreasonable just for the sake of her love...

pretty nice ep (even if it isnt full of twists >.<)
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-16, 03:55   Link #15
Icerack

Quote:
Keeping things under spoiler tags until the episode is subbed is a common practice here and a form of courtesy towards other people who don't want to see major spoilers beforehand. No, it isn't a rule, and if one doesn't want spoilers it is easier to stay away from the thread, but a little consideration never hurt any one.
Sorry. I assumed that discussion of the current episode under the thread designated for it is okay to not mark spoiler.

Quote:
One of point my wife made was that it is impossible for Mana to even occasionally cook Yorito's dinner unless she really liked him. In real life you almost never see a girl cook for anyone outside her immediate family.
Unfortunately, this is anime and not real life. Therefore, a girl who slaves her life for the main character could be doing it out of her good kind heart and have no interest in the guy whatsoever.

But I agree, Mana probably does have a romantic interest in Yorito but it looks like her role was demoted to a side-kick character for the anime. This is too bad because I like Mana as a character.
Old 2007-06-16, 04:30   Link #16
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icerack View Post
Sorry. I assumed that discussion of the current episode under the thread designated for it is okay to not mark spoiler.
Well, it is ok, and no one is going to get very upset about it i think It is just a habit of mine (and several other people) ... i guess it carries over from the discussion threads in the "Fansubbed" section, where each series has only 1 thread dedicated to them, so people always keep RAW discussions under the tags there ... i guess that habit carries over to the series with their own forums Likewise, some people might expect to see RAW discussions under spoilers because of this But no - no rules are being broken by not using the spoiler tags.
Old 2007-06-16, 05:17   Link #17
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
If things are going the way they are right now, expect nothing less than a tearjerker of any sort for the ending of the TV run.

Of course, as with most of the people here, Mana is definitely having a hard time in all this.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-16, 05:42   Link #18
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
If things are going the way they are right now, expect nothing less than a tearjerker of any sort for the ending of the TV run.

Of course, as with most of the people here, Mana is definitely having a hard time in all this.

Spoiler:
I believe because Aono can control Yorito, she can also use her powers through Yorito and it looks like she has strong Force with her to clear other people minds too.
Old 2007-06-16, 05:52   Link #19
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ ignore that
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-16, 06:17   Link #20
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
^ ignore that
Spoiler:
Silly me...... I thought that was reasonable speculation... When did they reveal about that? Or did they?
Closed Thread