AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-12, 08:59   Link #81
BlazingSoul
Life is both joy/sorrow

Send a message via AIM to BlazingSoul
I've been hearing a lot of rumors on the net about this. I really can't wait too see how the series goes.
Old 2007-09-12, 20:53   Link #82
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

WEEEEEE! Another Negima series! Me too I can't wait for it to be released.

Last edited by Chiu_fan; 2007-09-13 at 00:06.
Old 2007-09-13, 01:39   Link #83
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Ya'll do realize this is a "live-action" rendition and ya'll *seen* the casting... right?
Old 2007-09-13, 20:51   Link #84
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

I wonder how the special effects for this show goin' to look good in this show. I can't wait to see the live action version of Chisame!
Old 2007-09-14, 08:31   Link #85
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Ya'll do realize this is a "live-action" rendition and ya'll *seen* the casting... right?
Not everyone is going to be turned of by that, like myself.

Sure its going to be different, though i still can't wait to see it in action.
Old 2007-09-14, 17:43   Link #86
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I wouldn't mind at all... but I'm concerned the special effects are going to be so low budget that new viewers might be turned off and never check out the manga. Usually when something is going live-action, its an attempt to create new audience (all those japanese that don't watch anime). We need to see some pre-production concepts or promotional stills to quell those concerns.

I also *look* at the casting and there have been some substantial changes to some of the characters. Kaede is now a small elfin girl for example. Fans of these changed characters (Evangeline, Ku, Mana, etc) are going to be disappointed with that casting.

I don't object to the concept of live-action (though it never really measures up to what you can do with animation without a huge budget). But some things are easier to adapt (e.g. Love*Com, Honey&Clover, etc). I think the story deserves Harry Potter treatment.. but I suspect its going make old Dr. Who episodes look extravagant.

Just because it has the "Negima" label on it doesn't mean its going to be "wonderful" (just like Spiderman 3 tanked at the box office despite being "Spiderman").
Old 2007-09-20, 00:51   Link #87
Child_of_Sierra

the trailer finally got posted... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mmkF6tl8Y4
Old 2007-09-20, 01:02   Link #88
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Whew, Good Relief they at least got the Fight Choreography right, VERY right as a matter of fact.
Old 2007-09-20, 01:42   Link #89
Vash002
Ready to Boast

^That was a rly good fight actually.
Still, i don't really care about this live-action series
At least they can't screw Chisame, Akira or Konoka, but the only problem that i find, it's that everyone looks the same (I mean, i can't recognize who's Yue or Mana, etc.)

Setsuna looks fine for some reason
Old 2007-09-20, 17:30   Link #90
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I can see myself watching this. Sure some elements look bad (in a good way), though i'll look past it and enjoy.

Evangeline with the witch hat is rather lol and bad.
Old 2007-09-20, 19:27   Link #91
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Child_of_Sierra View Post
the trailer finally got posted... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mmkF6tl8Y4
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! I mean whoa, seriously I didn't know there was a Japanese version of Harry Potter!
Old 2007-09-21, 14:03   Link #92
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I am simultaneously appalled (to some extent at the absolutely lousy camera work) and intrigued in a horrified way.

I will acquiesce there were a few instances of interesting stuff in the trailer but overall it was a messy trailer. I'm also convinced they screwed up with the dimensions of the classroom --- its too small for all the simultaneous action that goes on there.

Asuna and Class Rep fight was pretty impressive instead of the wrestling catfight the manga always implies. No displays of SFX to speak of though and it'll just be kind of odd having a girl play Potter, I mean, Negi. Lots of random crying in the trailer ... guess they were trying to say "This is serious stuff! Really!"

Sigh.. losing will... may have to watch and just make sure I'm not eating popcorn so I won't choke to death. Evangeline looks as silly as SHnY:Yuki in witch garb. otoh, Konoko and Setsuna might be an interesting part of the show. I did like the sequences including them.
Old 2007-09-21, 17:20   Link #93
Midonin
Last Engage

I'll give it a try, no matter how ridiculous it may end up being. It may be the ridiculousness that keeps me going back.
Old 2007-09-22, 01:52   Link #94
LionsMane
Courageous Guardian

Send a message via AIM to LionsMane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! I mean whoa, seriously I didn't know there was a Japanese version of Harry Potter!
Funny, when I saw the opening of the trailer I thought so too.

Somehow I'm intrigued to watch this. I'm ready for it to fail horribly or impress me greatly. If anything, I'm in it for the Setsuna/Konoka.

And is Evengaline(sp?) the one with hat? ...I do not know about that.
Old 2007-09-22, 10:07   Link #95
Lesca

After watching the trailer I don't think it's that harry potterish, the large hats remind me of the mages from the early final fantasy games.
I can't not watch it, I love Negima and it is Negima in...some form, and the scenes with Konoka and Setsuna look angsty but interesting.
Old 2007-09-22, 12:49   Link #96
LionsMane
Courageous Guardian

Send a message via AIM to LionsMane
Well you must excuse me at least, for saying that it gave off a Harry Potter vibe in the first few seconds. There are too many overly passionate Harry Potter fans where I live---it messes with your mind sometimes.
Old 2007-10-03, 01:33   Link #97
Mad Dog
Banned

Hey what's that i hear!? oh it's 2 trains on a head on collision with each other at full speed coming up fast! Where's my popcorn? I want to watch this thing as it crashes and burns.

Seriously what the heck was Ken Akamatsu thinking when he agreed to make this? Makes me just want to go and slap the poor fella.

All this is, is Harry Potter with an ecchi twist...
Old 2007-10-03, 01:51   Link #98
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
Seriously what the heck was Ken Akamatsu thinking when he agreed to make this? Makes me just want to go and slap the poor fella.
He was thinking the same thing he was thinking when he okayed two anime series based on Negima. Man's gotta eat.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-10-03, 02:21   Link #99
Mad Dog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
He was thinking the same thing he was thinking when he okayed two anime series based on Negima. Man's gotta eat.
He eats well enough with the sales of his Mangas alone. The quality of the show versions of Negima have been going down with every subsistent variation of Negima.

Negima Manga - Very good
1st Negima anime - somewhat good
Negima Neo - bland
Negima!? - extremly poor
Negima Live Action - DUCK! TRAIN WRECK EMINENT!
Old 2007-10-03, 02:27   Link #100
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
He eats well enough with the sales of his Mangas alone.
Well enough? Are you under the impression that he is a monk who doesn't want more money than he absolutely needs?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Closed Thread