AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-22, 03:22   Link #1
callowmallow
Freshman Member

Send a message via AIM to callowmallow
Konoha: the only good village in the Naruto universe?

seriously, aside from that second jump festa filler with the hero water and all that and nobility in that small village, is konoha the only "goodguy" village in the naruto universe???

graduation fights to the death (zabuza)? stealing head hyuuga family members (neji's life-story)? sound (kinda obvious why) and sand (easily swayed from peace to war and back) warring against leaf?

and attitudes, man oh man.... (aside from sasuke, and the old neji) other villages seem to raise a lot of jerks.

is it just me?
callowmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 04:20   Link #2
ooh-zoo-mah-kee
naa woo toe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by callowmallow
seriously, aside from that second jump festa filler with the hero water and all that and nobility in that small village, is konoha the only "goodguy" village in the naruto universe???

graduation fights to the death (zabuza)? stealing head hyuuga family members (neji's life-story)? sound (kinda obvious why) and sand (easily swayed from peace to war and back) warring against leaf?

and attitudes, man oh man.... (aside from sasuke, and the old neji) other villages seem to raise a lot of jerks.

is it just me?

Zabuza was actually a missing-nin which means he no longer belonged to the village of Mist. I mean i dont really think Mist is a bad country, we have no evidence that they are except for the fact that the country spawned 2 powerful missing-nins but so did Konoha. I think the country of Mist isn't evil and i don't think the Sand is either. the Sand were tricked by the Sound, who is evil. If you read the manga you will see that the Sand aren't really so bad. There are still more ninja countries that have been revealed but not explored. And also, the things about kidnapping the Hyuuga, how do you know Konoha doesnt try to do the same things? I mean the 3rd said it himself, the missions go from simple things such as delivering grocceries to important assassinations. IMO there is no really 'good' country.
ooh-zoo-mah-kee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 07:07   Link #3
ptfff

couldnt it be the depictation of the village, i mean if everyone was good whats the point in having ninja's or anything like that at all?.

We have seen very little of the inner parts of the other hidden cities, and we have only seen the more powerful ones from sound and sand, i'm sure that everyone would be normal (part from gaara history) in those towns and act the same as in konoha.

The sand is a weird country cause they are limited to their ammount of ninja by a different country, so they needed ppl with monsters fused to them to be on par?.

We also havent seen anything from cloud and rock village and the ppl from those villages havent had a speaking role before i believe.

We have seen the assassinations and stuff in the anime before, but who would there be to assassinate now?, we also dont know if there are any villages other than hidden ones in most of the countries, because i find it stupid to only have a hidden village in a whole country >.>, anyways Konoha is good because the creator wants it to be would u like it if everyone from konoha was evil and went around killing ppl mercilessly, this is a kids show and all. And Konoha has supposedly got all the strongest clans or something in it so im suprised ppl dont attack if more often just to get rid of these clans
ptfff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 07:23   Link #4
Colordevil

Simple explanation:
The points of view will be changed according to the point you are looking at.
Colordevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 08:44   Link #5
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

We know the mist has some gruesome histories but other then that we are pretty much clueless, as explained before Zabuza wasn't part of the mist anymore. So him being evil isn't relevant.

The Sound is evil, that much is clear

The Sand had higher aspirations for their country, hence they collaborated with Orochimaru to attack Konoha. Does that make them bad? Arguably, but in war things like the who's evil easily fade. The starter of the war is labeled the evil one, while the opposite sides may cause even more suffering. WO II being a good example.

But all in all, I guess you could say Konoha are the "good guys" After all, it is a village build on morals to do things differently. Clans and People have gathered because the idea of the Shodaime appealed to them.
Old 2004-12-24, 11:34   Link #6
Shadamehr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colordevil
Simple explanation:
The points of view will be changed according to the point you are looking at.
I agree with this.

"Konoha? Isn't that the village where the biggest house of the biggest clan enslaves all the other ninjas that have their bloodline? And then sacrificed one of them to avoid a war? And pits genin against each other in a brutal fight to the death over scrolls in the chuunin exam? etc. etc."

These are NINJA villages. ALL of them are going to have some practices that seem disagreeable to ordinary people.
Shadamehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 12:24   Link #7
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadamehr
I agree with this.

"Konoha? Isn't that the village where the biggest house of the biggest clan enslaves all the other ninjas that have their bloodline? And then sacrificed one of them to avoid a war? And pits genin against each other in a brutal fight to the death over scrolls in the chuunin exam? etc. etc."

These are NINJA villages. ALL of them are going to have some practices that seem disagreeable to ordinary people.
The country that sends six-year olds (Kakashi) out into the field to fight and kill and die?
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 12:52   Link #8
Shadamehr

Yeah, that too.
Shadamehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 01:09   Link #9
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
The country that sends six-year olds (Kakashi) out into the field to fight and kill and die?
actually if you consider a state of war and xtreme need + the kid is like superman or as good as adults why not?

especially if the kid agrees to it after being explained to (informed consent)
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote