Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-07, 13:20   Link #101
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
In a way, yes it is. But not to a degree where the boys are so dreamy and "beautiful" so that this show can only be enjoyed by girls. It's a shounen after all, with plenty of macho action .
Good to know. Thanks for the answer!
Old 2012-10-07, 14:04   Link #102
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That was an interesting episode. I felt there were a few cliche hit and miss moments like how the nameless students all talk about characters and how Sakura is so oblivious to it all but that ending made up for everything. I also agree that the soundtrack was good. I couldn't help but feel like the song used at the end sounded like something from Casshern Sins so I went to check if both shows had the same music director and what do you know...they don't.

Anyhow, I'm not actually sure whether I want Sakura to die or not. Honestly I think a death like that would be extremely well set up but on the other hand that would probably Ogami the main character and I can't stand him. And it's not because he's an ass. It's because of his face:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 14:35   Link #103
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
That was an interesting episode. I felt there were a few cliche hit and miss moments like how the nameless students all talk about characters and how Sakura is so oblivious to it all but that ending made up for everything. I also agree that the soundtrack was good. I couldn't help but feel like the song used at the end sounded like something from Casshern Sins so I went to check if both shows had the same music director and what do you know...they don't.

Anyhow, I'm not actually sure whether I want Sakura to die or not.
It would be interesting for much the same reason that Madoka Magica Episode 3 is interesting, but it would also turn Ogami into a totally cold-blooded killer who's willing to wipe out good, law-abiding people just because they oversaw his "sanitary work". That would probably make him a character I'd have a *very* hard time rooting for the rest of the way. But then, you already can't stand him, so I get that would be no big loss for you, lol.

[mod edit: removed reply to removed post]

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-10-09 at 23:04. Reason: removed reply to spoiler post
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 14:58   Link #104
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
It would be interesting for much the same reason that Madoka Magica Episode 3 is interesting, but it would also turn Ogami into a totally cold-blooded killer who's willing to wipe out good, law-abiding people just because they oversaw his "sanitary work". That would probably make him a character I'd have a *very* hard time rooting for the rest of the way. But then, you already can't stand him, so I get that would be no big loss for you, lol. .
Yeah pretty much but unless he doesn't actually have any intention of killing her then I'd say he's pretty much guilty of that anyway. Attempted murder isn't much better after all.

And even if he didn't have any intention of killing her, at the very least he's still guilty of mock execution against an innocent civilian which is still pretty bad. XP

Unless there are some serious changes to his character, I don't think I can ever like him.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 15:01   Link #105
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I used to think that way about Accelerator, too.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 15:08   Link #106
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
That’s why I said “in a way” .

If you like the chemistry between those two MCs, I think it’s safe to say that you’ll enjoy Code Breaker for this season (assuming that the story will turn out as I predicted).
Yeah, that's the feeling I'm getting too. This gives me a vibe similar to Accel World and Shana (only this time with a bit of a gender reversal, which is nice for a change really).

Quote:
Yeah pretty much but unless he doesn't actually have any intention of killing her then I'd say he's pretty much guilty of that anyway. Attempted murder isn't much better after all.

And even if he didn't have any intention of killing her, at the very least he's still guilty of mock execution against an innocent civilian which is still pretty bad. XP

Unless there are some serious changes to his character, I don't think I can ever like him.
Well, I get your point. I'm kind of hoping that his attack is actually intended to give her powers or something, thus thrusting her into his world, making it easier for him to keep her quiet.

At the moment, I see him as a Punisher/Frank Castle type (just anime-style of course). I'm cool with that. Not necessarily my ideal protagonist, but I can get behind a guy like that if he's wrote decently well.
Old 2012-10-07, 15:44   Link #107
Nikkan

After watching the first episode I've unfortunately decided to drop this.
Compared to all the other high production shows we got his season with beautiful visuals, watching Code:Breaker made me think it looked like some show from the 90's. It might be the art style (very low eyes, no clear shading etc) but the sound effects and music were cheesy and added to the feeling.

Yoko Hikasa impressed me though and I liked the heroines attitude. Other than that it looks extremely predicting with the different-color-enemies and setting.
Nikkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 16:40   Link #108
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol at Sakura's confession misunderstanding. Interesting power Ogami has. So i guess the four other guys have powers. Felt so bad for that dog.
Old 2012-10-07, 17:19   Link #109
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:

Images
Can't stop laughing.. since he is so serious-looking and the anime was labeled fantasy comedy....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 18:00   Link #110
Insane
Banned

Somehow, Ogami's favourite phrase "Eye for an Eye, Tooth for a tooth, evil for evil" sounds really cool for me.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 18:51   Link #111
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I used to think that way about Accelerator, too.
Spoiler for Comparison to Index 2:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-10-09 at 23:11. Reason: Please use spoiler tags for comparisons
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 19:05   Link #112
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

I ain't gonna lie...I wouldn't be mad if he really did kill her. It would be a super new take on this genre having a MC who gives not one crap about morals or human life. *Evil side coming out* lol
Old 2012-10-07, 19:15   Link #113
mistress_kisara

Great start! Ogami is a badass! and I feel really bad for the dog..
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 19:24   Link #114
Byakou

The guy came off as a huge douchebag. I thought his little phrase was really lame, he repeated it like 3 times, we got it the first time. I'll watch the first 5 mins of the next episode, but very likely to drop this.
Byakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 20:14   Link #115
Mubyoshi

Funny how he has the same VA as Okumura and that they also share the same power, well not really, but still. Blue flames!
Mubyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 20:44   Link #116
andromeda0201

Have to agree the animation looked a little all-over-the-place (especially in the first half), though it had a pretty strong start and the ending redeemed it.
I do like the main characters though, since I enjoy seeing strong characters right from the start, character development is still needed for later of course.

Quote:
T

Images
I LOLed so hard !

Will give it a few more episodes to decide.
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 21:12   Link #117
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well its not to bad of first episode Ogami seem to much like an idiot
Old 2012-10-07, 21:25   Link #118
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
yeah not a bad start, definitely going to watch some more... <_< i have so many bishounen anime this season to watch huh... [K], Zetsuen and this.
Old 2012-10-08, 01:12   Link #119
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Not bad. Now get to wait a week to find out just how hard the ending of this episode trolled me.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 09:12   Link #120
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I know it's totally off base, but when the show suddenly cuts out to a male/female child duo, with Ogami talking about how Sakurakouji shouldn't forget as he will never forget? I know it isn't Sakura he is talking about 'remembering' because of the flashback right after shows a guy (who I assume is part of the Sakurakouji family), but still, I can't help but hold out hope that Ogami and Sakura are indeed childhood friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Not bad. Now get to wait a week to find out just how hard the ending of this episode trolled me.
I know right? They can't off the main girl in the first episode, considering she's in the OP and all. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shonen, supernatural