AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-03-03, 06:08   Link #2101
Starburst
Horo♥

It's strange because some of the other things Beagle's made look pretty poor quality wise. But their Range Murata stuff all looks quite good. Though I'd definitely argue against it being top quality, "Becky" as I've nicknamed her in the review is likely more on par with a decent Kotobukiya figure than say Good Smile Company, Max Factory, Alter or Alpha x Omega.

Drossel's fun to throw into any picture. And I'm really happy that couch is Drossel sized. Now she'll have a place to rest upon instead of standing everyday.
Old 2010-03-03, 20:32   Link #2102
Nerroth
NePoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
@Nerroth:
Agreed, Skystalker looks awesome. Maybe I'll swing by TRU later this week and get him.
There are more pics of him in one of the links from my last post, if you want to see them.

Also, bear in mind that if you get the new Mindwipe fig, he and Skystalker can combine in alt mode! (Other posters in the linked thread should have shots of this, too.)
Old 2010-03-04, 08:48   Link #2103
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

I just ordered the Actsta of Subaru Nakajima for 47 EUR... I almost stole it Click

It's 42% off, coudn't resist any longer... Now i have to wait until her partner is released, so i can do naughty poses in 1/8 scale

But this offer only lasts for about 24h... dont flame me if you missed it.
Syntron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 10:43   Link #2104
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post
I just ordered the Actsta of Subaru Nakajima for 47 EUR... I almost stole it Click

It's 42% off, coudn't resist any longer... Now i have to wait until her partner is released, so i can do naughty poses in 1/8 scale

Ah, yes, ActSta Subaru. My only gripe about her is the spotty paint apps, stubby arms, and the fact that I paid full price for her on release :V
She gets along with my other 1/8 figurines. She is currently copping a feel of DAT ASS on Alicia.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 23:42   Link #2105
Starburst
Horo♥

I'm a little bit crazy, I admit. I just ordered both Global Horo figures, which I'm sure most people will not only disagree with their high price tags but also that they're likely not worth it. But being the devote Horo-ist that I am, I felt compelled this morning to place orders for them.

Along with Max Factory's Seena Kanon of course.

Horo (A Rest in the Forest Ver.)
Horo (nekkid)
Seena Kanon (Swimsuit Ver.)

Also finally managed to snag a copy of GSC's original version of Hatsune Miku for an acceptable price off Mandarake.
Old 2010-03-05, 04:54   Link #2106
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post

it's so cheap...
acsta Teana costs 9800 yen...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 05:09   Link #2107
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Any Da Capo/Nemu fans around?

I placed a pre-order for the new Circus figure of her from Hobby Fan. I don't know what kind of deal they pulled, but they're offering her for less than half of anywhere else I looked.
Old 2010-03-05, 07:10   Link #2108
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starburst View Post
I'm a little bit crazy, I admit. I just ordered both Global Horo figures, which I'm sure most people will not only disagree with their high price tags but also that they're likely not worth it. But being the devote Horo-ist that I am, I felt compelled this morning to place orders for them.

Horo (A Rest in the Forest Ver.)
Horo (nekkid)
IMHO, their faces are a huge let down for that price
Old 2010-03-05, 07:12   Link #2109
Starburst
Horo♥

Mushi, that's interesting. I ordered through AmiAmi usually the cheapest, but they're got her for ¥7,050.

Wonder if that's a mistake from Hobby Fan?

Edit: Revan21 -- That's been the usual complaint yes. Though the naked one tends to get a lot of "it's poor workmanship" sorta stuff.
Old 2010-03-05, 08:13   Link #2110
Revan21

Quote:
That's been the usual complaint yes. Though the naked one tends to get a lot of "it's poor workmanship" sorta stuff.
I would say it's okay sculpt
but her bust size seems unrealisticly large
Old 2010-03-05, 09:42   Link #2111
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Planning to order the Hitagi figma figure when it releases. I just know my dad is goingn to give me the weirdest look when I ask him to order it, but he usually orders me stuff online even if it looks weird to him. (As long as it's not suggestive, I'm not ordering any ero figures. )
Old 2010-03-05, 16:32   Link #2112
Starburst
Horo♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
I would say it's okay sculpt
but her bust size seems unrealisticly large
You could sell me anything so long as you made it resemble Horo enough. Seems all that's required to convince my wallet to open is wolf ears and tail and suddenly it wants to buy everything in sight.
Old 2010-03-05, 16:48   Link #2113
Revan21

Quote:
You could sell me anything so long as you made it resemble Horo enough. Seems all that's required to convince my wallet to open is wolf ears and tail and suddenly it wants to buy everything in sight.
I know that feeling - for me it only works for Horo though, and only if it's a (near) perfect resemblance - although most times I cannot afford it

Oh well, I still have the novels, mangas and DVDs that I can buy

One day I might get a figure of her too
Old 2010-03-05, 18:01   Link #2114
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Mushi, that's interesting. I ordered through AmiAmi usually the cheapest, but they're got her for ¥7,050.
Don't you pay extra for international shipping, though?

Quote:
Wonder if that's a mistake from Hobby Fan?
I hope not! Guess I'll have to wait and see.

I just got my first Tamaki Kousaka figure. I've been collecting the Kotobukiya 1/8 ToHeart figures, but couldn't seem to find the one of Kousaka. I came across the 1/6 of her and decided to grab it. She's big ... shown here next to the 1/8 Akari Kamigishi. I usually prefer the 1/8 size, but I think this is a good likeness of her and I'm very happy with it.

And wouldn't you know, after ordering the 1/6 figure, I finally discover that there was a 1/8 of her released in 2006. Don't know why, but it took me forever to stumble across any images of that figure. And I found one of her on ebay, so I'll be getting that one soon, as well.

I wanted these because I like Tama-nee and I get so tired of seeing figures of her mostly naked, posed like she's being an exhibitionist, with overly exaggerated boobs. Yes, she's a busty girl, but some of those bikini figures of her are ridiculous. I realize there's a demand for her in those poses, but I wanted something that was more "in character" with how she's portrayed in the anime.
Old 2010-03-05, 18:55   Link #2115
Starburst
Horo♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
Don't you pay extra for international shipping, though?
Not really. It works out cheaper to buy from directly from Japan than anywhere else. AmiAmi has cheaper prices than North American resellers, and SAL Registered shipping costs so little, sure it takes ~10-20 days to get to me but I can deal with that.

Besides, even if I have to wait 20 days, I still get it quicker than if I'd bought from a North American reseller.

And if I bought locally I'd have to pay tax on the item, which I don't when buying internationally.
Old 2010-03-05, 19:09   Link #2116
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker

Over here, if it's below 47 euros you're exempt from taxes
above you might get lucky, untill it gets in the triple figures, then it's about 100% certain they'll charge you VAT/Customs

But with distributors trying to make a killing on the not so great market here (and with the prices they come up with, the market will never grow),
you're almost always better off importing it yourself
Old 2010-03-05, 19:52   Link #2117
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Not really. It works out cheaper to buy from directly from Japan than anywhere else. AmiAmi has cheaper prices than North American resellers, and SAL Registered shipping costs so little, sure it takes ~10-20 days to get to me but I can deal with that.
How do they handle payment for preorders? I see they only accept PayPal for international orders. Doesn't PayPal get billed immediately when you check out? The reason I ask, is because I'm used to not getting billed until an item is ready to ship. So when I find something I want to preorder, I usually get a few months to set aside the money for when it's released.
Old 2010-03-05, 20:33   Link #2118
Starburst
Horo♥

They don't ask for money till they ship. So you don't paypal them anything until then.
Old 2010-03-06, 00:38   Link #2119
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
I've never actually ordered from AmiAmi before, how good are they compared to HLJ? Most of my figures have been from them.

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 11:21   Link #2120
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
I've never actually ordered from AmiAmi before, how good are they compared to HLJ? Most of my figures have been from them.
Level of stock is about the same, but they restock more often. HLJ is better for gunpla, military vehicles (I looooooove aircraft), cars and the sort.
Oh, and people wondering about pre-orders, works the same way as HLJ - you only get a notice when the item is ready to ship.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote