Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-05-18, 04:47   Link #121
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenish Growth View Post
I've grown to enjoy the corny Souma dialog. I'm going to keep watching this.
At least it's better than Kiriya's angsty dialogue. And yeah, it is enjoyable and good in the Souma context. Hoshi does that well with his "hot-blood" voice.

Well, frankly, I don't think the story's good within it's fantasy-based settings, but it's entertaining. I LAUGHED HARD at the atomic bomb-effect explosion after Zechti blew that thing up, and also how Kiriya and co. saw it. It was so amateurishly done and storyboarded, it made for genuine comedy.

Not to mention they're taking the battles in STxW like almost some kind of game or joke from the way they're nonchalantly potrayed, be it Kiriya's tactics or Souma and co's battles.

The anime, to me, felt like a mildly lazy production, but it's laziness is portrayed in a way that made it entertaining kinda like Gundou, rather than just downright bad.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-18, 12:54   Link #122
lightbringer
M9000

You put your finger right at it. "Amateur", that's exactly it. This anime literally screams "amateur". And that's coming from a studio which has an extensive record, with many animations produced, and some assisting animation work on famous titles.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 09:30   Link #123
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Episode 7 is SO cliche and corny. Best mid-boss battle transition EVAR.

Teh la3e aspects of the anime aside, looks like episode 8 will be the first real mention of Xion. They seem to be setting up the scene in the OP, along with some Xion revelation from Zero.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 09:58   Link #124
Tiberium Wolf

The 1st 2 eps was interesting but now I changed my opinion. This sux for real! When I watched it, it feels empty. Good guy meet bad guys and they dont fight at all. Meed them and defeat them and then let them get away. But this walk away is like if nothing had happenned.

The only interesting thing in ep 6 is Blancneige shower scene. Nice boobs!
Old 2007-05-19, 11:01   Link #125
lightbringer
M9000

Yeah... defeated the emperor of Evil.. twice... "I won't forget this", basically, and runs away. It's like, "next time I'll catch you, Gadget" and evil manic laughter (anyone still remember that show?).
Old 2007-05-19, 17:46   Link #126
taelrak

not the show beyond some vague impressions of the inspector, but I DO remember the music..which thanks to you is now stuck in my head =p
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 18:06   Link #127
Greenish Growth

You can't take this series too seriously or else you'll become frustrated.

The main reason I'm watching this is similar to why I watched Soul Link:

---the "quality" of the screenplay and the corniness in the dialog makes the anime feel funny.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 18:16   Link #128
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak View Post
not the show beyond some vague impressions of the inspector, but I DO remember the music..which thanks to you is now stuck in my head =p
You're welcome
Old 2007-05-19, 18:28   Link #129
taelrak

It is a bit of a shame though because some of the ideas behind the story wasn't too bad and could've made the story really interesting...if properly done.

Still, it's an entertaining series and probably worth watching...if for nothing else than to see more of Blancneige!
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 18:50   Link #130
Anime0milk

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Yeah... defeated the emperor of Evil.. twice... "I won't forget this", basically, and runs away. It's like, "next time I'll catch you, Gadget" and evil manic laughter (anyone still remember that show?).
You mean inspector gadget? funny thing, it still airs on TV here :'D

okay, so after watching episode 7, i finaly came to the conclusion that...THERE'S NEVER GONNA BE ANY BLOOD! Zetchi (donno if i spelt her name right) gets stabed in the chest or whatever, and no cut though th cloths, no blood-
no scratches, cuts, slit? nope. untill i saw the next episode preview, oh heck, i'm not sure anymore.

meh whatever, but at least this friday's episode will finally say abit more about Zero/Xion.

(...i can't seam to work the spoiler's button too well...can someone maybe tell me how to work it proporly? )

Last edited by Anime0milk; 2007-05-20 at 18:53. Reason: can't work spoiler's button >_<
Anime0milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 02:28   Link #131
U<3Anime
Boo!

Hmmm just curious, why are you people still watching this anime? For me, i really don't know why. I think its just the character designs that attracts me >_>;
Old 2007-05-21, 02:32   Link #132
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
Hmmm just curious, why are you people still watching this anime? For me, i really don't know why. I think its just the character designs that attracts me >_>;
1. good Character designs
2. Favorite seiyuu (Akira Ishida, Hocchan, Nana Mizuki and Soshi Houichirou)
3. Good genre
4. Plenty of action.
5. okay storyline.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 09:39   Link #133
Anime0milk

Quote:
1) i really like the character's them selves
2) I had really loved the game, and i do actualy find the anime pretty good, it's just i find it abit silly that there's been no blood (or even abit) with all the cuts/slits/slashes/etc being placed
3) I was woundering what happoned to Xion/Zero
4)...i've been watching it up till now, mind as well finish it off.
5) i'm also trying to figure this Zeroboros thing...i always thought it was the twin dragon knight's soul stuck in there or something o_o

what the heck...overall, i'm mostly just trying to get the small detales, and i actually like it o_o;
Anime0milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 11:41   Link #134
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
I've been playing Shining Wind (just finished it in fact), and the anime fills in some story gaps that is in the game. Since the game is about Kiriya/Seena and his team Souma actually don't get much screen time in the game at all, so it's really interesting to see what Souma was really up to that was only hinted by a few words during the dialogues in the game. I'm pretty sure Sega designed the game and anime to be like this such that you have to play/watch both to get the complete story.

That, and the cast has some of my favourite names in there.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-23, 01:44   Link #135
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
I've been playing Shining Wind (just finished it in fact), and the anime fills in some story gaps that is in the game. Since the game is about Kiriya/Seena and his team Souma actually don't get much screen time in the game at all, so it's really interesting to see what Souma was really up to that was only hinted by a few words during the dialogues in the game. I'm pretty sure Sega designed the game and anime to be like this such that you have to play/watch both to get the complete story.

That, and the cast has some of my favourite names in there.
since you finished the game, is there any indication of kureha liking souma instead of kiriya... cuz its clear at the outset that she has a huge crush on him..... i feel bad for souma if he is drawing her soulblade if she doesn`T even feel for him
Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-23, 02:20   Link #136
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
since you finished the game, is there any indication of kureha liking souma instead of kiriya... cuz its clear at the outset that she has a huge crush on him..... i feel bad for souma if he is drawing her soulblade if she doesn`T even feel for him
Being a game, Shining Wind operates on a multiple-epilogue system. The partner Kiriya has the strongest bond with is the girl he ends up with, and Kureha is one possible ending out of several.

Though as far as I can see though, the anime will go like this:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-23, 03:12   Link #137
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Though as far as I can see though, the anime will go like this:
Spoiler:
Well I'm not sure if I would like to get into the game or this anime, but since you brought it up...

Spoiler:
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 01:49   Link #138
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Well I'm not sure if I would like to get into the game or this anime, but since you brought it up...

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

As for the game itself, even the Japanese fans are calling it a galge/seiyuu-ge. It's not really much of a RPG, so only buy it if you like the character design and/or the cast of the game.
Old 2007-05-24, 01:54   Link #139
KBTKaiser

I'll say they repaired the old battle system quite well with this set up. free roam mode is rather nice, not to mention the very improved movement speeds. XD

that being said...

*vanishes while waiting for his torrents to finish*
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 18:52   Link #140
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
1. I'm a sucker for fantasy genre
2. The show is so crappy it's so entertaining
3. I love to go WTF??? when the plot turns into something senseless (Zechti running ard in nothing but a patient's white and running amok in the middle of the desert)
4. Kureha is HAWT
5. Kureha is HAWT
6. Dialogue can be so gay at times it's hilarious (I wonder how these top-tier seiyuus get through this? Hey its their job)
7. Can't wait for Kureha to ditch Kiriya and go back to Souma (and get more screentime)
8. Kureha is HAWT

Last edited by musashiken; 2007-05-25 at 21:55.
musashiken is offline   Reply With Quote