AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-06-22, 19:46   Link #101
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think the question is, what does Azel do with the information? Does he warn Karluk's family? Does he openly revolt against his father? I think he's determined to take action (more for concern over the preservation of his clan than worry over right and wrong in the larger sense) but his options seem limited.

Also: Karluk and Amira arm-wrestling. Gyah.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 00:50   Link #102
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I think the question is, what does Azel do with the information? Does he warn Karluk's family? Does he openly revolt against his father? I think he's determined to take action (more for concern over the preservation of his clan than worry over right and wrong in the larger sense) but his options seem limited.

Also: Karluk and Amira arm-wrestling. Gyah.
Spoiler for spoiler:
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 01:59   Link #103
gopackgo

the art in this series is unreal. For me the only other author that can compare is Kozue Amano
gopackgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 18:16   Link #104
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

And so it is war!!!!
Starshipw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 20:39   Link #105
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Well THAT escalated quickly.

They're certainly at a disadvantage with the oppositions artillery up on that ridge. And the Hagal and their allies very well might have a larger proportion of breach loading rifles in their force. This is bound to get dicey.

Was a bit surprised that a town this size would even have cannons on hand though.
Old 2013-08-05, 16:28   Link #106
J4n1

Yeah, that cannon came out of nowhere.
Waiting for the next chapter is going to be torture.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 23:40   Link #107
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spoiler for ch 32:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 09:13   Link #108
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

Deception, duplicity, betrayal. It is time for big brother Azel to step up and save everybody.

We haven't seen Amir wield her bow either.
Old 2013-12-06, 11:36   Link #109
J4n1

Well, i hope that was the last we saw of the old one eye.
Unless they do an open casket funerals.

Not sure how i feel about Azels seemingly impending fate, on one hand he really should have done something earlier, if only to walk out, but on the other hand, i doubt the idea of doing would ever really seemed like an option for him with his cultural background.
Plus, he did save the Amir and Karluk, so that's a thumbs up.
Old 2013-12-06, 12:20   Link #110
Starshipw
Free Opinions Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshipw View Post
Deception, duplicity, betrayal. It is time for big brother Azel to step up and save everybody.

We haven't seen Amir wield her bow either.
I will happily repeat this one, except now we know a bow may also become a bat.
Old 2013-12-06, 19:02   Link #111
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
Not sure how i feel about Azels seemingly impending fate, on one hand he really should have done something earlier, if only to walk out, but on the other hand, i doubt the idea of doing would ever really seemed like an option for him with his cultural background.
Plus, he did save the Amir and Karluk, so that's a thumbs up.
That's what really has to be kept in mind here. Kin is a much bigger issue for people from this kind of society than it is to us modern people. So even if the clan is doing something shitty, it's not something you can just easily walk away from.
Old 2013-12-06, 23:30   Link #112
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
That's what really has to be kept in mind here. Kin is a much bigger issue for people from this kind of society than it is to us modern people. So even if the clan is doing something shitty, it's not something you can just easily walk away from.
And that's why i don't just hate him for the shit he has been part of.
But even understanding someones background forgives you so much.
Old 2013-12-07, 13:58   Link #113
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
And that's why i don't just hate him for the shit he has been part of.
But even understanding someones background forgives you so much.
Keep in mind that for all the shit Azel has been part of...he's gone to incredible lengths to not kill any of the townspeople. So far he's only wounded/disarmed when he had ample opportunity to kill.

I mean, contrast to how he's treated the warriors of the "ally" clan once they revealed their betrayal?

Spoiler for spoiler:

Maybe Azel was on the wrong side to fight with the Towns people...but he seemed to think it was a bad idea in the first place, and was taking what are frankly insane measures to avoid directly hurting as many of the townsmen as possible. Even if he's an enemy, the man should at least be given credit for that.

Last edited by Roger Rambo; 2013-12-07 at 14:12.
Old 2013-12-07, 14:47   Link #114
J4n1

Quote:
Keep in mind that for all the shit Azel has been part of...he's gone to incredible lengths to not kill any of the townspeople. So far he's only wounded/disarmed when he had ample opportunity to kill.

I mean, contrast to how he's treated the warriors of the "ally" clan once they revealed their betrayal?

Spoiler for spoiler:

Maybe Azel was on the wrong side to fight with the Towns people...but he seemed to think it was a bad idea in the first place, and was taking what are frankly insane measures to avoid directly hurting as many of the townsmen as possible. Even if he's an enemy, the man should at least be given credit for that.
True, not a bad guy, all in all, just in a bad situation with no good paths to take.
I guess this chapter has gone pretty far to redeem him in my eyes, but we'll see how it goes from here, if Azels dad is dead, that should, hopefully, calm things down a bit (at least for the villagers).
Old 2013-12-07, 19:22   Link #115
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
True, not a bad guy, all in all, just in a bad situation with no good paths to take.
I guess this chapter has gone pretty far to redeem him in my eyes, but we'll see how it goes from here, if Azels dad is dead, that should, hopefully, calm things down a bit (at least for the villagers).
well lets hope that the villagers don't beat/stab Azel to death in the next few minutes. If he can survive that long, hopefully Yusuf can intervene on Azel's behalf and put a good word in for him.
Old 2013-12-07, 19:57   Link #116
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think the real question here is, what would Azel have done if the Batan hadn't turned on the Halgal?
Old 2013-12-08, 02:10   Link #117
J4n1

Quote:
I think the real question here is, what would Azel have done if the Batan hadn't turned on the Halgal?
Odds are, killed a few villagers, felt bad about it afterwards, then kept obeying his father.
Old 2013-12-08, 22:22   Link #118
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Odds are, killed a few villagers, felt bad about it afterwards, then kept obeying his father.
Well, basically yes. It's nice to feel bad about doing bad things, but ultimately we have to be judged on our actions.
Old 2013-12-09, 05:59   Link #119
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Well, basically yes. It's nice to feel bad about doing bad things, but ultimately we have to be judged on our actions.
Well yeah. But so far we're only talking about hypothetical actions. Because in terms of Azels conflict with the villagers...he hasn't killed anyone due to holding back from using lethal force, and due to circumstances, he probably isn't going to be killing any of them. Is it really fair to judge Azel for what he MIGHT have done in different circumstances?

If we apply that logic to Milgrim and Standford, we can basically judge ordinary people for hypothetically doing any horrible thing, because those two experiments proved that regular people will perform horrible acts under the right circumstances. So that means all human beings are monsters?
Old 2013-12-09, 07:08   Link #120
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Well yeah. But so far we're only talking about hypothetical actions. Because in terms of Azels conflict with the villagers...he hasn't killed anyone due to holding back from using lethal force, and due to circumstances, he probably isn't going to be killing any of them. Is it really fair to judge Azel for what he MIGHT have done in different circumstances?

If we apply that logic to Milgrim and Standford, we can basically judge ordinary people for hypothetically doing any horrible thing, because those two experiments proved that regular people will perform horrible acts under the right circumstances. So that means all human beings are monsters?
That's a completely bogus example in the second paragraph, but yes - it's true that Azel should be judged on what he did do, not what he might have done. But that also includes the fact that he went along with this operation - in which a great number of innocent villagers likely were killed - rather than go against his clan. No one is suggesting that would have been easy, but again - it's the actions, not the doubts, that matter to those people who died.

Tags
drama, historical, romance, seinen