AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-08-14, 21:07   Link #341
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

So I found out that in Touhou 14, bombing is essential to obtain more lives. Look like non-bombing run will be extremely hard from now on.
Old 2013-08-14, 21:49   Link #342
Nofear3838
Hainiryuun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
So I found out that in Touhou 14, bombing is essential to obtain more lives. Look like non-bombing run will be extremely hard from now on.
Helpful, but not required. There are plenty of spots where planned bombing will certainly be good, though.

Also, Hard 1CC and Extra Cleared. Now just to wait on ZUN to patch the game as it crashes at stage 4 if you use any A shot-type.

Hard 1CC

Extra Clear

Both were rather easy, imo. For hard, I probably restarted on stage 1 ~15 times, only about 5-10 actual full run attempts to clear it. For extra, a bunch of restarts 30 seconds in, but only 10 (I think?) actually full attempts to clear.

Lunatic, though? I died 10 times to the opening spam before I went "lol, lets go to youtube to see how the fuck you do this"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
got to stage 6, fought remilia to the last HP bar with 3 lives and full bomb left, thought I will just spam bomb to victory, only to find out that her last HP bar is immune to bombs, which result in those me watching those last 3 lives go 1 by 1 and game over. OTL

was totally clueless in that last pattern and my reaction was not fast enough to make full use of those bomb to clear out bullets when I nearly get hit.
Yeah, that will be the same for every touhou game. The last spell card on the last boss is always not able to be damaged by bombs. In addition, if you try extra mode, bombs will not do damage for ANY of the last bosses spell cards (Although, they will for the mid-boss and any non-spellcard attacks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
still can't get pass stage 5 without running out of continues. OTL

Lunatic training helped though, after playing it for 10 run I can clear 3 first stage in normal without continuing, compare to use up 2 continues in the first 3 stage in some of my first run.

is EoSD one of the harder or easier game of touhou series?
EoSD is probably somewhere in the middle. For Normal Difficulty, I'd rank it as IN -> MoF -> PCB -> EoSD -> DDC -> TD -> SA -> UFO, from easiest to hardest

If you haven't gotten the hitbox patch for EoSD, though, I highly recommend that you get it. It will make your life a lot easier (and something to get used to as every Touhou game after EoSD as the visible hitbox when focused)

Last edited by Nofear3838; 2013-08-14 at 21:59.
Nofear3838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 19:38   Link #343
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

There's a lot of bomb pieces on level 1
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 19:46   Link #344
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I kind of like it. It makes the game easier for low skill players, but harder for enthusiasts. Isn't that the ideal game design?
Old 2013-08-15, 20:55   Link #345
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I don't hate it, just that I feel like it's almost impossible.

Guess it's time to start using those bombs instead of saving it up. I keep on dying with 5/6 stock of bombs and they are just all gone.
Old 2013-08-15, 21:06   Link #346
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

14 seems to be much easier...until some signs force you to bomb. Don't like bombing...

Anyway, still can't beat the fun that was Youmu in 13....gods that anti-anything slash...so fun to use
Old 2013-08-16, 07:31   Link #347
Nofear3838
Hainiryuun

Well, there are already videos up of people No miss - No bombing Lunatic for every stage (with the exception of 4A, since it's not accessible to anyone atm), so a perfect game is certainly possible. Just took a couple days for people to find the safe spots to cheese the spells, lol
Old 2013-08-16, 17:13   Link #348
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

How the hell do you guys get past that mirroring boss? It's enough that I still stumble upon bullets with the normal set, took me a long time to get used to the feel, at which point all my lives are gone

Man, not playing Touhou for a couple of years really damages your sense in playing the game. Even now I still haven't 1cc th13.
Old 2013-08-16, 17:24   Link #349
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

When in doubt, bomb. That being said, I need to force my brain to forget all about muscle memory try to plan how I gotta move.

Gotta say I love this game, from the bosses to the music and the gameplay. TD didn't really hit me with its music aside from Rigid Paradise. DDC manages to make me love all the characters with their design and theme (still screw Seija with her control flipping bullshit), especially Sukuna and Raiko.

Another funny and interesting thing, Raiko's magic apparently obtained from the Taiko no Tatsujin games .
Old 2013-08-20, 21:50   Link #350
Nofear3838
Hainiryuun

My biggest complaint is that the Raiko's theme doesn't really feel like an Extra Stage theme.
Old 2013-08-20, 23:38   Link #351
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Shaft-headtilt-tan

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 10:56   Link #352
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Though I do like the design of the extra boss. I so want to bang her.

What? She's a drum! Get your mind out of the gutter!
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 23:55   Link #353
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nofear3838 View Post
EoSD is probably somewhere in the middle. For Normal Difficulty, I'd rank it as IN -> MoF -> PCB -> EoSD -> DDC -> TD -> SA -> UFO, from easiest to hardest
oh god f**king damn it SA, 1cc'ed normal EoSD, PCB, IN but SA normal is harder than Hard mode of PCB and IN, also MoF Kanako last spell card is freaking BS.

for me it so far: PCB->IN->EoSD->MoF->SA.

and you telling me UFO is harder than SA?....
Old 2013-09-07, 08:22   Link #354
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

12 is definitely messier by far...
Old 2013-09-07, 10:25   Link #355
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

I thought that that's because of the rather unconventional bullets and hitboxes, which made people used with the previous ones got surprised. I still think that SA is the hardest, followed by vanilla EoSD (if we include the extras of both into equation).
Old 2013-09-07, 12:21   Link #356
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

No, 12 generally is more...disorganized in pattern. The stages feel like a mass of stuff just being hurled at your face
Old 2013-09-07, 20:17   Link #357
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Which people aren't used to. I can handle it just fine because I'm not used to the previous one, so I'm not surprised at all.
Old 2013-09-08, 09:30   Link #358
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

is there any doujin retelling the story of the main game like the fan anime Memories of Phantasm?
Old 2013-09-08, 10:34   Link #359
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

There are a few but the one that comes to memory fastest is this: http://danbooru.donmai.us/pools/2476 (Site is NSFW due to Ads)

It's titled A Certain Eastern Urban Fantasy by Amano Chiharu, and it is a retelling of the main game story in an AU setting similar to Toaru series. It's awesome, and it has a damn hot Izayoi Sakuya. I especially like the Storyteller!Patchouli and the 'Love-Machine' Marisa's battle.
Old 2013-09-13, 11:48   Link #360
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

that feel when you confidently face Okuu with 7 lives only to see them all get crushed...

Tags
game, ps vita, touhou