AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-07-18, 10:43   Link #461
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I have dust in my eyes. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

T_T

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 10:53   Link #462
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Regarding the RDR adaption, I've already said my piece in terms of my concerns of it.

However, for what its worth, I'm going to shut away all preconception I've had as a novel reader ( one skill that I'm really thankful to have ), and just watch it as if I'm an anime-only viewer. Let's see how it gets me.

Come at me, A-1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I've always wondered how much Asuna knew about the entire affair. Perhaps Kirito was lucky he dodged a potentially very messy Love Triangle, in which both parties were prepared to compete for their claim. In canon , no-one else dared to contest Asuna's claim, and I prefer to think that Sinon's teasing in Calibur was just a joke, and made in the spirit of platonic friendship.
Nothing would change even if Asuna knew the whole affair. She pretty much knows 80% of the whole thing, and even if she found out some of the... deeper details, it's in the past. Sachi may had been a real contender, but the story of Sachi & Kirito wasn't there to spice up a love drama.

Once again, I'm thinking that a real love-triangle would probably never even happen, if it actually came to a situation that Sachi lived, unless Asuna started at a similar time with Sachi.

If Sachi never died, I won't be surprised if Kirito eventually started to see Sachi as a more than just a replacement-imouto. Probably will take some time, but Sachi was clearly someone important to him. If Sachi died & revived... well, I said my case. He'd probably force himself to love her just because she does.

In these cases, I don't see Kirito being swayed by any other girl, even if it's Asuna.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 11:22   Link #463
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

Nothing would change even if Asuna knew the whole affair. She pretty much knows 80% of the whole thing, and even if she found out some of the... deeper details, it's in the past. Sachi may had been a real contender, but the story of Sachi & Kirito wasn't there to spice up a love drama.

Once again, I'm thinking that a real love-triangle would probably never even happen, if it actually came to a situation that Sachi lived, unless Asuna started at a similar time with Sachi.

If Sachi never died, I won't be surprised if Kirito eventually started to see Sachi as a more than just a replacement-imouto. Probably will take some time, but Sachi was clearly someone important to him. If Sachi died & revived... well, I said my case. He'd probably force himself to love her just because she does.

In these cases, I don't see Kirito being swayed by any other girl, even if it's Asuna.
Now, that's rich fanfic fuel. Asuna must rue the day she left Kirito after Monochrome, once they meet up again.

Though it would have been a rather dependent relationship (in contrast to how equal KiritoX Asuna is) and one that lacked the same level of chemistry that Asuna had with Kirito.

Last edited by novalysis; 2012-07-18 at 13:50.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 13:47   Link #464
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Darn the next episode is going to be fast and straight to the heartstrings. So much emotions rushed...will be like a sugar rush to me...20 minutes will feel like 5 just like in episode 2. ;___;

Anime-only watchers are wondering about whether Kirito wanted to Solo or not. The next episode should explain everything. :<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Too bad we can't tease the AO viewers with, "If you think this is bad, next week we get this:

-cut-

What horrible fate awaits this cute loli?"
Oh jeez. The thank goodness the second half isn't going to be a total heartbreaker. xD

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL

Last edited by Netto Azure; 2012-07-18 at 15:06.
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 23:21   Link #465
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I'm fuzzy on the months all of a sudden. Does RNR make sense chronologically coming after Aria? Were there any other important events or side stories aside from FD that would be skipped?

And would anyone actually like a triangle? I personally detest them.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 23:25   Link #466
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I'm fuzzy on the months all of a sudden. Does RNR make sense chronologically coming after Aria? Were there any other important events or side stories aside from FD that would be skipped?

And would anyone actually like a triangle? I personally detest them.
Aria takes place 12/2022
RNR takes place 6/2023 and 12/2023
Old 2012-07-18, 23:59   Link #467
Flere821
Lurker

After seeing the new PV, I'm kinda surprised there's a suggestive 'bed' scene >.> I'm pretty sure that's not in the LNs...

I'd normally rant against changes from the LN, but in this case I'm willing to let it slide - the horror on Kirito's end will be that much more hurtful after a development like that
Yes I know I'm being mean about this =P
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 00:11   Link #468
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
After seeing the new PV, I'm kinda surprised there's a suggestive 'bed' scene >.> I'm pretty sure that's not in the LNs...

I'd normally rant against changes from the LN, but in this case I'm willing to let it slide - the horror on Kirito's end will be that much more hurtful after a development like that
Yes I know I'm being mean about this =P
Actually that scene was also (extremely briefly, like one panel) shown in the manga too. And while there wasn't a specific scene pointed out in the novels, it did say that Sachi slept in Kirito's room.
Old 2012-07-19, 01:18   Link #469
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
And while there wasn't a specific scene pointed out in the novels, it did say that Sachi slept in Kirito's room.
yup, quite often too.

in fact, every night once she started
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 04:10   Link #470
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
in fact, every night once she started
Nooooooo!!! Kirito will always be committed to one!

Still it's nice having more Sachi...NOW EVERYONE WILL FEEL THE HEARTBREAK WE FELT!

Just realized though Kuradeel is in the freaking Opening. I just want to hurt that guy as much as Sugo.

Old 2012-07-19, 04:33   Link #471
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Nooooooo!!! Kirito will always be committed to one!

Still it's nice having more Sachi...NOW EVERYONE WILL FEEL THE HEARTBREAK WE FELT!

Just realized though Kuradeel is in the freaking Opening. I just want to hurt that guy as much as Sugo.
On the downside, if Sachi had lived, there would be no Kiri-Asu.
Old 2012-07-19, 04:42   Link #472
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Mmmmmeh, I don't really subscribe so much to the idea that Kirito and Sachi had anything romantic between them.
Old 2012-07-19, 05:02   Link #473
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Dude you just did?
I knew about him since the first Ep and was like WTF!?
Why are try to make look a good guy by put him with other 2 good guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Mmmmmeh, I don't really subscribe so much to the idea that Kirito and Sachi had anything romantic between them.
I think there may have been, but they both did not notice.
Old 2012-07-19, 05:45   Link #474
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Dude you just did?
Dunno, I was more focused on how Heathcliff is going to be an uber hax-troll.

Old 2012-07-19, 05:58   Link #475
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Cradil didn't really look like the homicidal maniac that he is huh? And a red paladin really looks pretty cool.
Old 2012-07-19, 06:57   Link #476
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Dude you just did?
My impression when I saw EP1 OP is that........you are out of "male" good guy, so you lump two bad guys at the end of male casts ?
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 07:34   Link #477
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I rather hope they don't change RNR to make it seem Sachi and Kirito had a romantic thing going on. There was arguably potential for it, but I doubt that anything was actually going on by the time of her death.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 07:43   Link #478
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I view it more of an emotionally co-dependant relationship, which would have gone unhea
Thy places while remaining non-sexual. I'm speaking from experience in this case, as i was in an online relationship once. Ten years ago, i befriended someone and then spent close to five years in a relationship that began as normal e-pals and mutated into an emotionally co dependant relationship. Managed to break off things, but she weren't happy, and to this day still holds a grudge.

...so, yeah. May have been for the cruel best that Sachi ade a real estate deal.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 07:47   Link #479
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I view it more of an emotionally co-dependant relationship, which would have gone unhea
Thy places while remaining non-sexual. I'm speaking from experience in this case, as i was in an online relationship once. Ten years ago, i befriended someone and then spent close to five years in a relationship that began as normal e-pals and mutated into an emotionally co dependant relationship. Managed to break off things, but she weren't happy, and to this day still holds a grudge.

...so, yeah. May have been for the cruel best that Sachi ade a real estate deal.
One day, there's got to be a fanfiction deconstructing the Sachi survives. Assuming Kirito ends up in the same position as Alicization, Bad End may well be quite likely. And of course, it's an ALO Bad End.

And Real Estate Deal is a rather interesting Euphemism.
Old 2012-07-19, 07:49   Link #480
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmm.... View Post
My impression when I saw EP1 OP is that........you are out of "male" good guy, so you lump two bad guys at the end of male casts ?
Yeah I think that may have been it. But I would rather have two random dudes then those two. You can even put the blue haired dude from Ep 2 and two or one of the guys in Klein group.

At the very least take Cradil out and WTF was that make look heroic thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I rather hope they don't change RNR to make it seem Sachi and Kirito had a romantic thing going on. There was arguably potential for it, but I doubt that anything was actually going on by the time of her death.
If it happen it happens and remember the author had a hand in the making of the anime so he may have ok a Sachi and Kirito romantic thing.

Also found this http://seventhstyle.com/2012/07/19/s...elease-images/