AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-01-06, 01:53   Link #121
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
I think the first three LOTR movies were impressive enough that I'd trust the same people to make an adaptation of the Hobbit. My only concern is that they're splitting the story into two movies, which strikes me as a blatant attempt to squeeze as much revenue out of the adaption as they can.
I am pretty sure The Hobbit would have trouble fitting in just one film. And anyway, Peter wanted to make The Hobbit for years, it isn't a last minute decision.
Old 2012-01-06, 02:10   Link #122
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It isn't all about the action.

Plus it looks like they are putting in the stuff that was going on around the story of the Hobbit. Some of it was pretty epic...and only mentioned in passing...because Gandalf is like that.
Old 2012-03-19, 20:32   Link #123
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

More from Middle Earth...I mean New Zealand.

Location shooting and how the actors and others are starting to lose there minds.

Old 2012-03-20, 19:09   Link #124
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post

Location shooting and how the actors and others are starting to lose there minds.

Thanks for that! New Zealand: A place I'd love to get lost in!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 14:44   Link #125
AnimeFan188

Third 'Hobbit' movie may be coming from Peter Jackson:

"Warner Bros. and director Peter Jackson are seeking to turn the planned two-
film “Hobbit” franchise into a trilogy, a move that could pay off in bigger box office
returns, according to people familiar with the situation."

See:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,2208206.story
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 14:53   Link #126
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

3 movies seems too far for such a short book. I mean sure there is a lot of additional material in the appendices to adapt, but for 3 movies I just don't know.

My faith in Peter Jackson is the only thing that isn't making me totally freak out at the possibility of this decision. Ultimately i hope they just stick with the two movie format.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 15:15   Link #127
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

HEH!!! Usually these location docu-bits are boring. That was actually quite funny. And yeah, there's plenty of book material for three movies -- much of it was "off screen" in the book (told third hand, etc)
Old 2012-07-25, 15:34   Link #128
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

More making of videos:

Number 7
The studio and other surprises
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Number 8
ComiCon and the last week of shooting.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-07-25 at 16:10.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 16:20   Link #129
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Dear Mr. Jackson

Please don't make this into another King Kong of yours. That one is a good movie but it takes tooooo looooong to get to the point (It's like going from Indonesia to Australia through Hawaii). Yes, I know you like monsters, and you want to cram as much of them in that movie to entertain your audience, but even too much of those will guide people into the dreamworld.

That said, I still have high hopes for this movie .
Old 2012-07-25, 18:45   Link #130
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

The LotR trilogy could probably be 5 movies. The fact is these days, theatres demand shorter films so they can screen more movies a day. I have no doubt that The Hobbit can be three movies... the question is how they could work around the existing filmed material.

Maybe Jackson felt the 2nd movie is too condensed?
Old 2012-07-25, 19:20   Link #131
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Dear Mr. Jackson

Please don't make this into another King Kong of yours. That one is a good movie but it takes tooooo looooong to get to the point (It's like going from Indonesia to Australia through Hawaii). Yes, I know you like monsters, and you want to cram as much of them in that movie to entertain your audience, but even too much of those will guide people into the dreamworld.

That said, I still have high hopes for this movie .
The problem with King Kong was that it was an hour before we got to the island, let alone see the giant gorilla.

The original movie was marvelous for it's simplicity, it knew the audience wanted to see the giant gorilla, and it delivered, and is by far the better movie.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 19:56   Link #132
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The LotR trilogy could probably be 5 movies. The fact is these days, theatres demand shorter films so they can screen more movies a day. I have no doubt that The Hobbit can be three movies... the question is how they could work around the existing filmed material.

Maybe Jackson felt the 2nd movie is too condensed?
Yes LOTR would be better off 5 films. I don't have anything particularly against 3 films for the hobbit.

What makes this different from other movies that drag on sequels is that the whole story is already made. There's no artificial 'new plot and new ending' appended to an already well made story. Extending it over an extra film will give more detail that too many book to film adaptations completely fail at.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 20:22   Link #133
Xagzan

2 movies, 3 movies, I'm just waiting on PJ to give us a live action "Tales from the Silmarillion" (Beren and Luthien, Turin Turambar, Feanor and the Noldor, the battles of Beleriand, the Akallabeth, all that good stuff)
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 20:38   Link #134
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
The problem with King Kong was that it was an hour before we got to the island, let alone see the giant gorilla.
Yup, I know that. That's why I said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
That one is a good movie but it takes tooooo looooong to get to the point
It also doesn't help that the monster scenes is very many and long too (that brontosaurs stampede, ugh).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
The original movie was marvelous for it's simplicity, it knew the audience wanted to see the giant gorilla, and it delivered, and is by far the better movie.
I agree.
Old 2012-07-26, 02:27   Link #135
Destined_Fate

Silmarillion would require many movies to make though and it hops between who's the main character too much.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 02:34   Link #136
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Silmarillion the TV series, imo.

I hope the Hobbit is only two movies, there is not enough content to warrant three separate movies. Last I had heard that's all they were doing, so is this a last minute ass-pull from the studio? Mmm reading that article, yes, yes it is. /sigh, they're going to have to artificially drag things out.
Old 2012-07-26, 09:28   Link #137
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Personally I think they should keep it to two movies, and then do what they did for the Lord of the Rings trilogy and add all the extra footage in the special dvd/bd. With the extra footage, it now takes about 8+ hours to see all three movies back to back.

Endless "Special Edition" Soul
Old 2012-07-27, 07:21   Link #138
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post

Hahaha, when that guy panned in and said "I'm just worried about the dinosaurs" I laughed my ass off.

This is pretty impressive with all this real landscape instead of all CGI like a lot of movies do.
Old 2012-07-28, 06:38   Link #139
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
This is pretty impressive with all this real landscape instead of all CGI like a lot of movies do.
Well CGI is actually in alot more parts of movies you didn't know, its just that they are done so extremely well that people don't know.

All the sheep, many backgrounds of Brokeback Mountain are completely CG.

Every single mermaid in every single scene of Pirates of the Carribean 4 are CG, as long as they had a tail, they are completely CG. Their faces are 3D scans of the actresses and modeled digitally. Even the one mermaid who was captured, she was only non CG for the few scenes where she had legs, otherwise she was CG for 90% of the time.

There was even one scene in Devil Wears Prada that had CG characters, but Lucas Arts refused to tell us which and I couldn't find out which scene it was on google.

CGI and animation is such an important part of movie making now that animators and digital artists should really get Oscars and other awards for their animated acting. Lumping entire digital VFX teams with 3D modellers, animators and several hundred guys under one award is quite unfair. Alot of times half the credits are the CGI crew.

Good CG should be appreciated, its a tough job that requires as much artistry and skill as acting and sound.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 08:45   Link #140
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Wow That's pretty fuckin amazing with the mermaids.

But still I mean stuff like scenery, it looks like THE HOBBIT will have a lot of natural background. I know smegal will be CGI lol and maybe some of the fight scenes, but what their fighting on is mostly real.

Tags
movie