AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2008-04-05, 22:59   Link #241
Blackbeard D. Kuma

@ModokiBunny - I am glad that you agree with me . There is absolutely no way Lucci could ever stand up to Kuma. You know, there are people who still believe that Moria is on par with Kuma, in spite of the fact that Kuma has had greater showings of strength and ability. Just because Moria said something along the lines of "I know about your ability at least. Are you here to fight with me?", people tend to think that Moria can stand up to or possibly even beat Kuma. Another reason why some people think Kuma would lose to Moria, even though it has been explained so many times by now, is because he has a lower former bounty than Moria. Bounty is not an overall measure of strength; it is primarily a measure of the threat the individual possesses. It is based on how much trouble the individual has caused the world government. From Kuma's very first appearance at the warlord replacement meeting, I did not underestimate him just because he had a lower former bounty than Doflamingo. The fact that he completely decimated the strawhat crew with ease and has an extremely powerful devil fruit shows that a person with a lower bounty may in fact be stronger than another person with a higher bounty. In the thriller bark arc, Kuma proved that he is more powerful than Moria.
Old 2008-04-05, 23:33   Link #242
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
@ModokiBunny - I am glad that you agree with me . There is absolutely no way Lucci could ever stand up to Kuma. You know, there are people who still believe that Moria is on par with Kuma, in spite of the fact that Kuma has had greater showings of strength and ability. Just because Moria said something along the lines of "I know about your ability at least. Are you here to fight with me?", people tend to think that Moria can stand up to or possibly even beat Kuma. Another reason why some people think Kuma would lose to Moria, even though it has been explained so many times by now, is because he has a lower former bounty than Moria. Bounty is not an overall measure of strength; it is primarily a measure of the threat the individual possesses. It is based on how much trouble the individual has caused the world government. From Kuma's very first appearance at the warlord replacement meeting, I did not underestimate him just because he had a lower former bounty than Doflamingo. The fact that he completely decimated the strawhat crew with ease and has an extremely powerful devil fruit shows that a person with a lower bounty may in fact be stronger than another person with a higher bounty. In the thriller bark arc, Kuma proved that he is more powerful than Moria.
I agree with you overall, but I would like to stress one point, the key to the beauty of the One Piece Story lies in the fact that there is no definite power. Specifically, there is no perfect Devil Fruit, or perfect sword/fighting technique, etc. Anyone can gain the power to take on the world as long as their dream and their conviction are strong enough. Luffy, obstensibly, has a very weak devil fruit power, at least in comparison to other flashier devil fruits, but Luffy always wins in the end becuase he is creative and he pushes himself beyond his limits for his nakama and his dreams.

So, there is always a possibility that Lucci could beat Moria, or that Moria could beat Kuma. We can never say it is impossible, or at least in the One Piece universe there is no such thing as impossible, only improbable. I doubt that Lucci could beat Moria, and I doubt Moria can beat Kuma, but I would never say it is impossible.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 03:01   Link #243
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
umm.. i think i figured out how kuma powers works...

Kuma has the ability to control Air (or special air area)...
his Deflection ability: he create Air area with reverse currents around himself or in front of himself anything that came in touch of it get pushed back against the one who lunched the attacks.. and at the same time even if the person got the power to break his area his attack power will be reduced .. Like Sanji's leg and Zoro's swords

his ability to teleport others: he create an area where anything get inside it simply being taken from the entry point to the exist point at high speed..
and it is the same principle for his teleportion he simply enter the area himself (or even greater current area) ..

his ability to transfer pain it work the same Door Door ability but he only took the pain and wounds from Luffy body and gathered them inside a balloon .. when Zoro touch it all of the pain went directly to the place where the hole opened to escape from this balloon.

now why it is simplified as Bear Paw .. probably because of the strenght of the Bear hand and the air current it create and speed when it attack... also doesn't Kuma mean Bear in Jap !!?
airsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 09:22   Link #244
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue View Post
umm.. i think i figured out how kuma powers works...

Kuma has the ability to control Air (or special air area)...
his Deflection ability: he create Air area with reverse currents around himself or in front of himself anything that came in touch of it get pushed back against the one who lunched the attacks.. and at the same time even if the person got the power to break his area his attack power will be reduced .. Like Sanji's leg and Zoro's swords

his ability to teleport others: he create an area where anything get inside it simply being taken from the entry point to the exist point at high speed..
and it is the same principle for his teleportion he simply enter the area himself (or even greater current area) ..

his ability to transfer pain it work the same Door Door ability but he only took the pain and wounds from Luffy body and gathered them inside a balloon .. when Zoro touch it all of the pain went directly to the place where the hole opened to escape from this balloon.

now why it is simplified as Bear Paw .. probably because of the strenght of the Bear hand and the air current it create and speed when it attack... also doesn't Kuma mean Bear in Jap !!?
Kuma's powers have not been fully understood yet and Oda probably intends to keep it that way until the time comes for Kuma to have his serious fight.

So far, the only things we understand about Kuma's powers are that he has the ability to deflect air at light speeds; which creates a shockwave that blows away anything, and that he can compress air with so much pressure to the point that this air sphere has power comparable to that of a bomb.

While you do have some interesting theories about how his power works, you haven't explained how he can take away a person's pain. Then again, I don't expect you to know this because Oda himself hasn't explained it yet. Also, I think that you are overlooking his bible. He probably does carry it around for a reason other than adhering to his religious theme. And yes, Kuma does mean Bear in Japanese. Kuma's physique and appearance are remarkably similar to that of a Bear.
Old 2008-04-06, 12:31   Link #245
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
Quote:
Kuma's powers have not been fully understood yet and Oda probably intends to keep it that way until the time comes for Kuma to have his serious fight.

So far, the only things we understand about Kuma's powers are that he has the ability to deflect air at light speeds; which creates a shockwave that blows away anything, and that he can compress air with so much pressure to the point that this air sphere has power comparable to that of a bomb.

While you do have some interesting theories about how his power works, you haven't explained how he can take away a person's pain. Then again, I don't expect you to know this because Oda himself hasn't explained it yet. Also, I think that you are overlooking his bible. He probably does carry it around for a reason other than adhering to his religious theme. And yes, Kuma does mean Bear in Japanese. Kuma's physique and appearance are remarkably similar to that of a Bear.
well i will try to explain how he was able to transfer the pain..but it would sound ridiculous explanation:
he carried luffy in his hand and then he used his other hand to deflect the air at a very high speed even greater than light or smaller to penetrate the body and only hit the pain and remove it from that person body to another area where the air compressed their.. like a balloon

maybe this explanation is easier :his ability similar to that or Door Door ability but he can only control the entry and end point, and the amount of the compressed air between these two point and the speed and size of the air current..
this would explain his ability:

1- to teleport himself he create current tunnel with speed of light once he enter it he are transfered from point A to point B at very his speed... this would most likely kill any person but with his body he can do it .. maybe he killed himself before using this move !?

2- to teleport other people he use the same principle but with less air speed .. so the person stay alive.. and the reason he ask where u want to go is simple to know where to create the end point... he could create it in different places but most likely it has something to do with his personality..

3- to deflect the attacks, he simply deflect the air in front of him or create area with high reverse current to deflect the attacks..

4- now for the pain transfer ability.. he either:
A- open entry point in the pain area transfer the pain from the body into compressed area he created..
B- he put the person between high current he created between two point at speed that this current pass through the bodies and only carry the pain with him to the end point..

The bible, well it could have some kind of power.. but i think it is something he carry because of his personality
airsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 22:56   Link #246
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue View Post
well i will try to explain how he was able to transfer the pain..but it would sound ridiculous explanation:
he carried luffy in his hand and then he used his other hand to deflect the air at a very high speed even greater than light or smaller to penetrate the body and only hit the pain and remove it from that person body to another area where the air compressed their.. like a balloon

maybe this explanation is easier :his ability similar to that or Door Door ability but he can only control the entry and end point, and the amount of the compressed air between these two point and the speed and size of the air current..
this would explain his ability:

1- to teleport himself he create current tunnel with speed of light once he enter it he are transfered from point A to point B at very his speed... this would most likely kill any person but with his body he can do it .. maybe he killed himself before using this move !?

2- to teleport other people he use the same principle but with less air speed .. so the person stay alive.. and the reason he ask where u want to go is simple to know where to create the end point... he could create it in different places but most likely it has something to do with his personality..

3- to deflect the attacks, he simply deflect the air in front of him or create area with high reverse current to deflect the attacks..

4- now for the pain transfer ability.. he either:
A- open entry point in the pain area transfer the pain from the body into compressed area he created..
B- he put the person between high current he created between two point at speed that this current pass through the bodies and only carry the pain with him to the end point..

The bible, well it could have some kind of power.. but i think it is something he carry because of his personality
I think I understand what you are saying. I believe you are saying that he basically creates a path for an air current that starts from point A and ends at point B. Then you are saying that he could either enter the path himself so that he travels at light speed, he could send his opponents in there at lower velocities so that there bodies are not destroyed, and that he can start his air path at the area of pain and move the air into his hands so that he can compress the air into a bubble of pain. This is an interesting theory you have, although it is quite complex. Nonetheless, it was a good effort on your part to conjure this up. I think we should wait for more revelations on Kuma's powers before making any more speculations. I trust that Oda will fully explains things in due time .
Old 2008-04-09, 03:35   Link #247
ModokiBunny
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
I agree with you overall, but I would like to stress one point, the key to the beauty of the One Piece Story lies in the fact that there is no definite power. Specifically, there is no perfect Devil Fruit, or perfect sword/fighting technique, etc. Anyone can gain the power to take on the world as long as their dream and their conviction are strong enough. Luffy, obstensibly, has a very weak devil fruit power, at least in comparison to other flashier devil fruits, but Luffy always wins in the end becuase he is creative and he pushes himself beyond his limits for his nakama and his dreams.

So, there is always a possibility that Lucci could beat Moria, or that Moria could beat Kuma. We can never say it is impossible, or at least in the One Piece universe there is no such thing as impossible, only improbable. I doubt that Lucci could beat Moria, and I doubt Moria can beat Kuma, but I would never say it is impossible.
THUS the ultimate enemy to all devil fruit users alike is drowning in the ocean

-------------------------------

As far as who versus who on the other hand, ranks really do come into play. We do need to keep in the mind that the Shichibukai were pardoned by the marines of their horrendous crimes and now working with the marines.
Another thing we need to keep in mind is that strength is a very serious asset in one piece. Kuma for instance on a very different level than lucci that shouldnt even be compared, and second, he is in factDr. Vegapunk's creation of mass destruction. If you want me to list one of many ways that kuma can simply end a fight against lucci, it would be to take off that glove of his.

--------------------------------

Lastly, i would worry more about Hawkeye x Zoro. At this point zoro could learn a thing or two from brook, and how to teleport since hawkeye can.
Chance zoro can defeat hawkeye from current ark .............. 30%.

Last edited by ModokiBunny; 2008-04-09 at 03:49.
ModokiBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-28, 16:48   Link #248
sanzo
33million Humming Brook

Uh i could be wrong but i thought kuma explained that he ate a fruit that would allow him to repel anything with his paws like air or even more abstract pain and exhaustion.
sanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-28, 17:03   Link #249
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanzo View Post
Uh i could be wrong but i thought kuma explained that he ate a fruit that would allow him to repel anything with his paws like air or even more abstract pain and exhaustion.
No, you are correct. Kuma ate the Paw Paw fruit to get his deflection/reflection abilities. But his body and cannon (kept in his mouth) are all part of the cyborg body Vegapunk created for Kuma.
Old 2008-08-05, 22:26   Link #250
Blackbeard D. Kuma

So, we now know that the Whitebeard pirates are going to war against the shichibukai. Now, my question for you people is, do you all think that all seven are really going to participate in the upcoming war with Whitebeard or do you think that some members are going to be absent again just like at the last warlord replacement meeting?

Here is my personal opinion on this matter. Besides Gecko Moria (it is questionable whether or not he will be able to fight against Whitebeard and his crew because he is still recovering from his defeat against Luffy), I think that all of the remaining members will fight for the following reasons I am about to explain.

Reason #1
Doflamingo said that all of the shichibukai members were given a mandatory summon by the marines. This summoning is all in an attempt to thwart Whitebeard's advances towards saving Ace. Upon revealing this news to Disco, it was apparent that Doflamingo didn't even care about his auction house business anymore and is now only interested in "smiles" and the new era. Under normal circumstances, the shichibukai could care less about the marines problems but considering that Doflamingo was willing to throw away his business for the sake of this upcoming war with the Whitebeard pirates, there has to be something that greatly profits the shichibukai in the aftermath of this skirmish. Why would they all of a sudden risk their lives against the world's strongest man and his crew when the current state of affairs doesn't even concern them? This is why I believe that there is something in this for them that is of great benefit.

Reason #2
At the last warlord replacement meeting, three warlords were absent and everyone was really surprised to see that Mihawk had actually attended. Now, it is one thing to skip an important meeting, but it would be completely absurd and ridiculous if some warlords did not show up to a war in which the very balance of world powers would be in jeopardy. The world government did create them for the reasons of acting as deterrents to pirates and to collaborate with the marines to counterbalance the four emperors. They knew good and well that, yes, the shichibukai are very selfish pirates who are only concerned about their own goals and that they can even be very disobedient at times; however, in exchange for giving them amnesty, they would have to ultimately serve the world government in the end (hence their nickname "world government dogs"). If some warlords were to not show up to this war, what would even be the point in the world government creating the shichibukai in the first place if they know that they can never be trusted, especially in crucial situations like these? The world government no longer hunts them, so it is only fair that they live up to their end of the bargain by assisting them in their times of most need.

Reason #3
Defeating Whitebeard once and for all would definitely skew the balance of power in favor of the marines and the shichibukai, so all seven members would see this as a great opportunity to get rid of a big thorn of their side. By getting rid of Whitebeard, the goals of many of the warlords would be realized easier and a lot sooner for that matter.

To those of you who are interested, I would really like to hear your thoughts .
Old 2008-08-07, 12:04   Link #251
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Sorry to bump this topic, but does anyone have any thoughts regarding the shichibukai war?
Old 2008-08-07, 12:41   Link #252
Wisshard
Ser Fisherman

Quote:
So, we now know that the Whitebeard pirates are going to war against the shichibukai. Now, my question for you people is, do you all think that all seven are really going to participate in the upcoming war with Whitebeard or do you think that some members are going to be absent again just like at the last warlord replacement meeting?

Here is my personal opinion on this matter. Besides Gecko Moria (it is questionable whether or not he will be able to fight against Whitebeard and his crew because he is still recovering from his defeat against Luffy), I think that all of the remaining members will fight for the following reasons I am about to explain.

Reason #1
Doflamingo said that all of the shichibukai members were given a mandatory summon by the marines. This summoning is all in an attempt to thwart Whitebeard's advances towards saving Ace. Upon revealing this news to Disco, it was apparent that Doflamingo didn't even care about his auction house business anymore and is now only interested in "smiles" and the new era. Under normal circumstances, the shichibukai could care less about the marines problems but considering that Doflamingo was willing to throw away his business for the sake of this upcoming war with the Whitebeard pirates, there has to be something that greatly profits the shichibukai in the aftermath of this skirmish. Why would they all of a sudden risk their lives against the world's strongest man and his crew when the current state of affairs doesn't even concern them? This is why I believe that there is something in this for them that is of great benefit.

Reason #2
At the last warlord replacement meeting, three warlords were absent and everyone was really surprised to see that Mihawk had actually attended. Now, it is one thing to skip an important meeting, but it would be completely absurd and ridiculous if some warlords did not show up to a war in which the very balance of world powers would be in jeopardy. The world government did create them for the reasons of acting as deterrents to pirates and to collaborate with the marines to counterbalance the four emperors. They knew good and well that, yes, the shichibukai are very selfish pirates who are only concerned about their own goals and that they can even be very disobedient at times; however, in exchange for giving them amnesty, they would have to ultimately serve the world government in the end (hence their nickname "world government dogs"). If some warlords were to not show up to this war, what would even be the point in the world government creating the shichibukai in the first place if they know that they can never be trusted, especially in crucial situations like these? The world government no longer hunts them, so it is only fair that they live up to their end of the bargain by assisting them in their times of most need.

Reason #3
Defeating Whitebeard once and for all would definitely skew the balance of power in favor of the marines and the shichibukai, so all seven members would see this as a great opportunity to get rid of a big thorn of their side. By getting rid of Whitebeard, the goals of many of the warlords would be realized easier and a lot sooner for that matter.

To those of you who are interested, I would really like to hear your thoughts .

I agree with you, I think all of the members of Shichibukai will be present and engaged in the confligt with Whitebeard. As you pointed out, this is way different from the meeting where the marines were suprised that even three of the Shichibukai showed up. Especially Marshall D. Teach has his own interrest in bringing down Whitebeard

I also think that in this conflict we will finally be introduced to the last unkown Shichibukai and Jimbei.

Or it might be, as one of the most favored theory has it, that Jimbei will not be present in the war against Whitebeard but instead at Fisherman Island.

How do you think the conflict between Shichibukai's and Whitebeard Pirates will turn out Blackbeard D. Kuma?

Will Whitebeard be victorious and free Ace, or will be fall to the combined might of Shichibukai and Marines? Or will another of the Yonkou help him?

Personally I think that Whitebeard will fall, his era is over. I also don't think that Luffy will be involved directly in helping Ace, Luffy said that they would see Ace again when he was at full strength, and he wasn't worried about him.
After Whitebeard and the majority of his crew has fallen I think that Marshall D. Teach will abandon his post as Shichibukai and go into the new world.
Wisshard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 13:30   Link #253
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisshard View Post
How do you think the conflict between Shichibukai's and Whitebeard Pirates will turn out Blackbeard D. Kuma?
I personally think that in the end the shichibukai will prevail in the war against the Whitebeard pirates. However, there is no way that Oda is going to demean or derogate the Whitebeard pirates by any means. Whitebeard's division commanders are probably more than able to hold their own against a shichibukai. Take Ace for example. If we compare him to say Crocodile or Gecko Moria, it is quite evident that he is far more powerful than those two warlords. I would expect no less from Marco and Jozu, especially Marco considering that even Shanks offered him to join his crew, which does say a lot about him. I expect that quite a few of the shichibukai will be defeated in the aftermath of this whole battle. Perhaps this will be the time where Kuma and Doflamingo finally fall. Their losses would certainly be credible at the hands of the Whitebeard pirates. Two warlords that I feel will definitely emerge victorious in the end though are Mihawk and Blackbeard.

Quote:
Will Whitebeard be victorious and free Ace, or will be fall to the combined might of Shichibukai and Marines? Or will another of the Yonkou help him?
I think that Whitebeard will manage to rescue Ace but with the help of Shanks. Even though Whitebeard would never want to accept Shanks' assistance due to his pride and arrogance, this war is not an event where Shanks will just sit down watching the events unfold. I feel that the fall of Whitebeard is what Shanks has been foreshadowing since his meeting with Whitebeard, which is known as the "Rampaging Era" and he clearly does not want this to happen. Shanks is one of the only, maybe the only person currently, that knows what Blackbeard is truly capable of and because of this knowledge he is not underestimating him whatsoever. In the process of retrieving Ace, however, I feel that Whitebeard's doom is imminent. If the world government is just suddenly willing to put an end to Whitebeard's reign as a glorious pirate, they must have some kind of advantage or leverage over Whitebeard in order to ensure their victory. Otherwise, why wouldn't they have done this before? Hence, I do feel that in the end the combined might of the shichibukai and the marines will be too much for Whitebeard and his forces.

Quote:
I also don't think that Luffy will be involved directly in helping Ace, Luffy said that they would see Ace again when he was at full strength, and he wasn't worried about him.
After Whitebeard and the majority of his crew has fallen I think that Marshall D. Teach will abandon his post as Shichibukai and go into the new world.
I completely agree. It is not Luffy's responsibility to go and rescue Ace, for this is something that is Whitebeard's duty as his captain. It is already a known fact that Whitebeard treats all of his crewmates as if they were his own sons and Buggy even commented that Whitebeard will chase down anyone who causes harm to his crew. Moreover, Ace wouldn't want Luffy's assistance anyways because that would be a serious blow to his pride as a pirate. Ace's salvation at the hands of Luffy would cast serious doubt on his own abilities to fend for himself and as a pirate.

Regarding Blackbeard's fate after this war is over, I do think that his true intentions will be unveiled to the world government and he will be exposed for what he truly is. He is no doubt using them to further advance towards his goal of becoming the pirate king. By the time he betrays them, he will have already defected from the shichibukai and he will probably move on to emperor status by taking the place of Whitebeard in the new world since he will now be considered a major threat to the world government. I think that he will become an emperor sometime later on since Shanks even commented that Blackbeard would someday come to dethrone Whitebeard of his current position.

By the way, I notice that you are new here. Welcome to the animesuki forums my friend .
Old 2008-08-07, 14:42   Link #254
Wisshard
Ser Fisherman

First, thank you

Quote:
I personally think that in the end the shichibukai will prevail in the war against the Whitebeard pirates. However, there is no way that Oda is going to demean or derogate the Whitebeard pirates by any means. Whitebeard's division commanders are probably more than able to hold their own against a shichibukai. Take Ace for example. If we compare him to say Crocodile or Gecko Moria, it is quite evident that he is far more powerful than those two warlords. I would expect no less from Marco and Jozu, especially Marco considering that even Shanks offered him to join his crew, which does say a lot about him. I expect that quite a few of the shichibukai will be defeated in the aftermath of this whole battle. Perhaps this will be the time where Kuma and Doflamingo finally fall. Their losses would certainly be credible at the hands of the Whitebeard pirates. Two warlords that I feel will definitely emerge victorious in the end though are Mihawk and Blackbeard.
Exactly my thoughts, although you expressed them more clearly than I did. I didn't mean to say that Whitebeard defeat would be a fast paced event or that it would be easy for the Shichibukai. Whitebeard alone is definitly stronger than most of the Shichibukai, and his diversion commanders as you pointed out should hold their own as well. I'm curiuous to how the event will take place though, since Mihawk and Kuma for example has this far been shown to have no crew, and Marshall D. Teach has a small one simulair to Straw Hats, so it feels like Shichibukai lack "cannon fodder" while Whitebeard has a big crew.

Quote:
I think that Whitebeard will manage to rescue Ace but with the help of Shanks.
Gaah, it's really hard to tell at this point! But no, I don't think Shanks nor Whitebeard will directly rescue Ace. I think that as the conflict take place, some event will unfold in Impel Doom, and Ace and several convicts will escape. It just a "feeling" I have.

Quote:
If the world government is just suddenly willing to put an end to Whitebeard's reign as a glorious pirate, they must have some kind of advantage or leverage over Whitebeard in order to ensure their victory. Otherwise, why wouldn't they have done this before?
Exactly! If they are capable of taking down Whitebeard, one of the emperors, and turning the world powers in their favor, why in the Good Gods name hasn't they done it before? What stopped them before was most likely the probablity that all of the Yonkou would join the fight if they attacked Whitebeard, or that they would take heavy loses and one of the other Yonkou would attack them etc.

What has changed now? Why attack Whitebeard now? Is it because of Marshall D. Teach? Then does the World Goverment know of his abilities and strength?
Hopefully we will see some answer soon!

Quote:
Regarding Blackbeard's fate after this war is over, I do think that his true intentions will be unveiled to the world government and he will be exposed for what he truly is.
I hope that Marshall D. Teach fullest intention and plans wont be unfolded so quick, and Oda keep some mystery around him till Luffy face him in the end.
Old 2008-08-07, 14:43   Link #255
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

So are there just one or two more Shichibukai left to be revealed? We know about Jinbei, but what about the other? Is it beyond Oda to surprise us by making one of the final Shichibukais to be someone completely different from what one would expect (i.e. a Shichibukai in the guise of a tenryubito). Sort of like the Tobi/Madara thing from Naruto, an undercover Shichibukai getting information on his quarry.
Old 2008-08-07, 15:05   Link #256
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurayamiLeader View Post
So are there just one or two more Shichibukai left to be revealed? We know about Jinbei, but what about the other? Is it beyond Oda to surprise us by making one of the final Shichibukais to be someone completely different from what one would expect (i.e. a Shichibukai in the guise of a tenryubito). Sort of like the Tobi/Madara thing from Naruto, an undercover Shichibukai getting information on his quarry.
My great hope is that the final Shichibukai will turn out to be female. There is a lack of top-tier female pirates in One Piece (there are powerful female subordinates, but few powerful female leaders). I know Oda is fairly "equal-opportunity" with his characters (it seems that one of the Yonkou is probably female (just based on the shadow and the lady from Thriller Bark (sorry, I have forgotten her name))), so it would be very nice if the final currently unknown Shichibukai was a woman.

Last edited by james0246; 2008-08-07 at 15:32.
Old 2008-08-07, 15:14   Link #257
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurayamiLeader View Post
Basically there are still two shichibukai left who have yet to make a physical appearance: Jimbei and the last unknown member. I would actually find it very interesting if the last warlord is of a race we have not yet seen (ie. Dwarves, Minkmen, Longarms, Longlegs, or Snakenecks).
Old 2008-08-07, 15:31   Link #258
james0246

^Pandaman counts as a race unto himself, right .
Old 2008-08-08, 01:32   Link #259
Dio23

snakeheads that would be rather interesting B.D.K
or maybe a race we have already seen for example a giant because we all know we have yet to see the true power that a giant can dish out. I mean the two on the prehistoric island at the beginning i mean for giants there weren't powerful at all .. and the two at enies lobby were rather weak as well i wouldn't mind seeing a beast of a giant.
But then again we cant really expect anything from Oda, can we.
Dio23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 19:58   Link #260
Wisshard
Ser Fisherman

Quote:
if the last warlord is of a race we have not yet seen (ie. Dwarves, Minkmen, Longarms, Longlegs, or Snakenecks).
I'm thinking a giant or a sky man.

I also hope that the last Shichibukai and Jimbei doesn't have any devil fruit powers, I like the fact that you don't have a devil fruit to achieve great powers, it is just a shortcut. (NOT implying I don't like the devil fruit concept, the reverse I love it, I just want it to be more rare.)

PS: Does Dwarves exist in One Piece? If they do, I hope for the last Warlord to be a dwarf.