Notices

Old 2006-05-08, 22:53   Link #241
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Spoiler for Ep.5:
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-08, 23:15   Link #242
Cal-Reflector

I must say, episodes 4 and 5 combine to be quite interesting. Sure its slow, but the detailed graphics really shine through, particularly in the flashback with the German U-boat. In addition, the heart-to-heart that Revy and Rock have in the hull constitutes one of the better artistic moments of drama that I've seen in anime; Revy's seiyuu does a very fine job breaking out the truths she's come to rely upon to Rock's naievety.

Very fine episodes, the Nazis were annoying, but the TOWs they shot were hawt. $180,000 a pop, those things.
Old 2006-05-09, 00:12   Link #243
kujoe
from head to heel

The action may have slowed down for a bit in these last two episodes, but I especially like the attention to detail. Episodes 4 and 5 just look so well-drawn; it's as if the staff took their sweet time with them.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-10, 19:00   Link #244
Cal-Reflector

So while we're waiting for the English subs, a few very quality cos-play pics to keep this thread higher up in the order of things...

Spoiler for Not a bad real life Revy, not at all:
Old 2006-05-11, 01:42   Link #245
Marvel
Demon-Fox Inside©

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector
So while we're waiting for the English subs, a few very quality cos-play pics to keep this thread higher up in the order of things...

Not bad, really not bad...in fact really pretty hot :P
Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 04:39   Link #246
grss1982

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel
Not bad, really not bad...in fact really pretty hot :P
I second that.

Now how about pics of her, weilding an M79 and an SMG?
Old 2006-05-11, 05:02   Link #247
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:

I'd definitely hit it,

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 06:49   Link #248
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Quote:

She's hot!
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 20:16   Link #249
Cal-Reflector

More of the lady from last time:

Spoiler for The hottest item is not Revi this time, surprisingly...:

Last edited by Cal-Reflector; 2006-05-12 at 20:33.
Cal-Reflector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 21:39   Link #250
grss1982

Quote:
More of the lady from last time:

Spoiler for The hottest item is not Revi this time, surprisingly...:
YOU ARE A GOD!!

Revi is hot.

Group shot is really spoilerish.
Old 2006-05-13, 01:51   Link #251
jdun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy
Are you sure about that "30mm" bit? I'm having a hard time imagining that the Mi-24's armour can shrug off 30mm HEDP or SAPHE ammo. Maybe the Hind might survive a few hits in less-vital spots from 30mm shells and fly back to base for repairs, but I just can't see it being capable of a gunnery duel with a 2S6 or ZSU-30-2...
I serious doubt that too. A lot of Mi-24 got killed by 30mm rounds in Afghanistan. They fall like a rock once the rotor or engine got hit. From some military sites it stated that it can only take 20mm rounds.

The following is from other post I read…

I am not sure how thick the glass is on the Mi-24 but I have my doubts that it will protect the pilot from a .50BMG (12.7mm) AP round. A .50BMG AP can go through 1 inch of A2 steel plate without deforming. Anyway you don’t used a sniper rifle to take out a high-speed vehicle like a halo. It’s very unpractical and the chance of hitting are very slim if you even get it on your scope. What is needed is a big volume of lead in an area where the vehicle is traveling.

Gunships are airborn artillery units of love. The Mi-24 Hind is an assault helicopter that can carry 8 troops. Helicopter of any kind are not gunship. The AC-130 Specter is a gunship and you do not want to get hit by one.

The general term that is used in all AK variants is called Kalashnikov. It is name after her creator Mikhail Timofeyevich Kalashnikov. AK stands for Avotmat Kalashnikov and the number is the year it started manufacture. I believe the term “Krinkov” started on the internet boards like AK-47.net to distinguish (shorthand) between an normal Kalashnikov and the sub-machinegun (Krinkov) version of it.

1" A2 Harden Steel Plate vs .50BMG AP

AC-130 Gunships Pictures:
http://air.xuexue.net/attacker/eng/ac130.htm
http://images.google.com/images?hs=9...-8&sa=N&tab=wi
jdun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 05:23   Link #252
kari-no-sugata

Episode 6 - Moonlit Hunting Grounds

Wow... I was impressed with the first half of ep 6:
Spoiler:

Looks like next week's ep is titled "Calm Down, Two Men" though seems to be mostly/entirely about Revi and Rock and them getting pissed off with eachother.
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-14, 10:24   Link #253
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Episode 6 was quite good as the ending of the whole "Neo-Nazi" mini-arc. It was just as depressive and moody as the first two, keeping the atmosphere intact, but it also featured more action and had a good and fitting conclusion to this part of Revy's relationship with Rock.

Interplay between Revy and Dutch was also believable and serious. I liked the way their characters are evolving (although, it's only evolution to us, since they've probably been this way ever since they started getting involved in piracy together).
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 03:29   Link #254
Cal-Reflector

Episode 6: Would like to point the obvious (but still interesting) symbolism at the very end, as Revi makes the somber statement that "Rock's from 'over there,' not from 'our side'" and that she just can't partner with him, and as she speaks, the shadows she stands in and the light that Rock is bathed in.

Next episode should be the most relationship development that we'll ever see for Rock and Revi in the series.

I've got picks of Real-life Revi with the M79 grenade launcher, will post it after my finals in 6 hours. Sleep now, Cal-Reflector out.

Edit: If I were Dutch and Revi, I'd loot the massive armory on the Nazi ship for weapons and ammo. If they took a few units of those TOW anti-tank missiles with them, they could sell em' on the black market for a few hundred-thousand dollars each...
Old 2006-05-15, 05:32   Link #255
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Episode 6: Would like to point the obvious (but still interesting) symbolism at the very end, as Revi makes the somber statement that "Rock's from 'over there,' not from 'our side'" and that she just can't partner with him, and as she speaks, the shadows she stands in and the light that Rock is bathed in.
Yeah, Revi (and Dutch) are in the "under world" and Rock's from the "normal world", as it were. Pretty typical way of explaining things like this in manga/anime. I wonder how Rock will adjust - will he simply get better at not annoying Revi, or will he get more... adaptable...

Quote:
Next episode should be the most relationship development that we'll ever see for Rock and Revi in the series.
Sounds fun!

Quote:
Edit: If I were Dutch and Revi, I'd loot the massive armory on the Nazi ship for weapons and ammo. If they took a few units of those TOW anti-tank missiles with them, they could sell em' on the black market for a few hundred-thousand dollars each...
I was thinking the same thing while watching the ep. Revi certainly saw the armory, and given her attitude towards money, I see little chance in her ignoring it. I was thinking that they wouldn't be able to carry much in that little dingy, but in the end they used a flare to call Benny/Rock over. So they sure could transport the things. And they'd have plenty of time I think - they're facing no resistance. Heck, I can imagine Revi making the poor handlers of the ship carry the stuff
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-15, 22:20   Link #256
Cal-Reflector

I promised Revi with M79 Cosplay pics:

Spoiler for she really answers the fans:

We don't see it on screen, but being the fiscally-minded individual I am, I can't help but wonder at the delicious opportunity to reap an extra windfall from looting that well-stocked armory, in true pirate fashion.

Significantly, in the manga, Revi does massacre the entire crew in the bridge, and Dutch is only able to stop her after the deed is done.
Old 2006-05-16, 05:42   Link #257
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Good to finally have a nice proper gun action anime. Kinda reminds me of Cowboy Bebop though for some unknown reason.

This season of anime have been pretty good with BL, Ergo Proxy and Ouran High School Host to watch i m a happy rat.
Old 2006-05-16, 11:35   Link #258
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
If this anime will only last for twelve episodes, then yes. Too bad though, since there's still a good amount of action in the later chapters.

Episode 6 was good. It had decent action alongside characters interacting with one another. It's nice to see that the series is still solid so far. Simply put, it just passed my personal "4 episodes" test with flying colors.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 21:58   Link #259
JShaggy
I like CRABS!!

Send a message via AIM to JShaggy Send a message via Yahoo to JShaggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat
Good to finally have a nice proper gun action anime. Kinda reminds me of Cowboy Bebop though for some unknown reason.
I was thinking the exact same thing, although Episode 6 made me feel some sort of Gungrave vibe:

Spoiler:

JShaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-18, 02:18   Link #260
Varis
Composed Eccentric

Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
I thought it was a good episode. Did Levi have tears in her eyes by the time she got to the bridge?
Seems like that's the kind of life she's known since she was a kid but the body is starting to show all that emotional stress. I could be seeing this wrong but I feel Levi is a good person at heart but got all messed up growing up.
Someone like Rock will really mess her up. Someone from that "other" side that gives a damn about her.

Oh well a long way off until Levi will really trust anyone I bet.
Varis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, crime, seinen