AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-09-15, 11:00   Link #21001
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
I'll be sticking with the Viz, though they messed up the abominable snow girl and the dopple boob bra censor, but by far the other releases of the translations it's fine.

Though getting Shounen Jump and R+V will rather be costly in my manga budget.
IIRC They changed it to Snow Fairy later on.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 22:46   Link #21002
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
I'll be sticking with the Viz, though they messed up the abominable snow girl and the dopple boob bra censor, but by far the other releases of the translations it's fine.

Though getting Shounen Jump and R+V will rather be costly in my manga budget.
FYI Shounen Jump is Viz so the translations in there are what is likely to end up in the collections. The abominable snow girl is a fairly good joke on Mizore's race as Yuki-Onna means Snow woman but the author translated it to Snow Fairy in his works.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 23:33   Link #21003
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
@guys above

Snow Fairy...at least it's not Abominable.

Just no more boob censoring or nudity censoring reminds me why I dropped pokemon.
Old 2011-09-16, 03:43   Link #21004
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

I am a little disappointed .. because I want to see Tsukune and the girls kick some ass..
and instead they have much difficulty against the first boss....and in theory, the firs boss,should be the least powerful...

Tsukune .... unleash your power Shinso..(and for me, in this arc, this happens) ..and kicks all their asses..you have to show the true power of a vampire Shinso...
Merilyn Mensola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 04:25   Link #21005
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merilyn Mensola View Post
I am a little disappointed .. because I want to see Tsukune and the girls kick some ass..
and instead they have much difficulty against the first boss....and in theory, the firs boss,should be the least powerful...

Tsukune .... unleash your power Shinso..(and for me, in this arc, this happens) ..and kicks all their asses..you have to show the true power of a vampire Shinso...
If Tsukune would use his Shinso powers, then Alucard would awaken, and that is precisely the thing that shouldn't happen. In other words I doubt that Tsukune is going to release the full extent of his vampire abilities in the current arc.

As for Tsukune and the girls kicking ass, well they are actually doing that,since you seemed to forget about the fact that they are in the middle of the main enemy base, who has been forced to put their stronger members to the front, because the normal members, weren't powerful enough to deal with Tsukune and the rest of the girls.

It's just that Ikeda is putting up a quite realistic approach to Moka's rescue operation, by not making Tsukune's rescue attempt to easy - it's quite logical to think that defenses in Fiary Tale's headquarters would be quite strong, and this is what we get in the form of Raika and most likely the other Fairy Tale leaders.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 04:54   Link #21006
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
It's just that Ikeda is putting up a quite realistic approach to Moka's rescue operation, by not making Tsukune's rescue attempt to easy - it's quite logical to think that defenses in Fiary Tale's headquarters would be quite strong, and this is what we get in the form of Raika and most likely the other Fairy Tale leaders.
woord. - well, tbh, not sure if ruby's level of maso can stillbe coined realistic but oh well, she made this a nice chap. wonder what she can do with those wings ... send him flying?
Old 2011-09-16, 11:03   Link #21007
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
If Tsukune would use his Shinso powers, then Alucard would awaken, and that is precisely the thing that shouldn't happen. In other words I doubt that Tsukune is going to release the full extent of his vampire abilities in the current arc.
This is why it is to my belief that Tsukune has another source of youki to use and not just his Shinso power to use alone, as you said and i agree, Alurcard would awaken, an alternative source of power would be the best option for him, this is probably what the "Human Modification Technique" did, think about this, what if he was just a normal human and not have any monster blood let alone the highly potent Shinso blood inside him and then what?, sure the human that the technique would be used on will be modified to have a body that was more ayashi-like, but where would their energy and power come from to use Youjutsu?, Touhou never said that the technique itself was for humans who have monster blood inside them, this is why he would not only have to modify their bodies but give their bodies the ability to produce youki, the natural energy source for all youkai.

It is not only to my theory but also to my belief that Tsukune has a secondary youki source, because of where he is using his Shinso powers is too dangerous, just the thought of this would be awesome for Tsukune
Old 2011-09-16, 11:12   Link #21008
Shadow5YA

Or Tsukune unknowingly plays right into Fairy Tail's hand. They kill him (or put him in a near-death state) which enrages Moka into awakening Alucard just like when Akuha "killed" Akasha.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 11:30   Link #21009
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
This is why it is to my belief that Tsukune has another source of youki to use and not just his Shinso power to use alone, as you said and i agree, Alurcard would awaken, an alternative source of power would be the best option for him, this is probably what the "Human Modification Technique" did, think about this, what if he was just a normal human and not have any monster blood let alone the highly potent Shinso blood inside him and then what?, sure the human that the technique would be used on will be modified to have a body that was more ayashi-like, but where would their energy and power come from to use Youjutsu?, Touhou never said that the technique itself was for humans who have monster blood inside them, this is why he would not only have to modify their bodies but give their bodies the ability to produce youki, the natural energy source for all youkai.

It is not only to my theory but also to my belief that Tsukune has a secondary youki source, because of where he is using his Shinso powers is too dangerous, just the thought of this would be awesome for Tsukune
Regarding you're theory about Tsukune having a secondary youkai source, based upon what was revealed about ayashi so far, I don't think that it's possible for a mere technique to produce something like that...

After all, what are you implying is that Tsukune has been changed into a different kind of ayashi, apart from a Shinso vampire / human hybrid, and I don't think something like that is possible, just by applying you're youkai energy into a human's body, after all the amount of energy you can put into a human's body is finite, and after it is used - well it's gone and you can't use it again.

So, based upon the information given to us, you can't produce youkai energy out of nowhere and the only way I could see something like what you would suggest is if the human's own life energy would be used to produce youkai energy - in other words they would be able to use youkai energy at the cost of their own remaining life, and I seriously doubt that Ikeda would do something like that to Tsukune, since it would reduce the time he could life together with his other half.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 15:53   Link #21010
Tachibana
タチバナ

I guess waiting and seeing is all we can do, we lack the necessary amount of evidence.

Last edited by Tachibana; 2011-09-16 at 16:07.
Tachibana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 17:56   Link #21011
haegar
mangaviking

vector, png, 1920x1080, transparent back, artist unknown
Old 2011-09-16, 21:18   Link #21012
Yorae_paladin1

Nice theories about youkai energy. Just came back from playing warhammer 40,000 space marine. Wonder what tsukune and ruby especially will do next
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 22:48   Link #21013
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

What Fuhai did to Tsukune wasn't to give him a second power source - it was to create a body capable of utilizing youkai energy, or youki, as it's refered to. Tsukune's still mostly human body, despite undergoing rudimentary changes due to Moka's blood, wasn't optimized to use vampire energy - that's why his power was so erratic.

What Fuhai did was to carve the nessecary channels and pathways, much like etching circuits onto a computer chip for the current to flow down, so that the already existing youki could flow much easier through his body. And the less resistance a current faces, the more of it can flow down the pathway. This is also why Tsukune seems so much stronger than before. Tsukune's body isn't resisting the youki flowing through it nearly as much because now there are designated paths carved into his body for the youki to travel down.

As for the different techniques that Fuhai might have taught him, we're not clear on the true scope of the types of techniques that he uses. From what I can infer, is that Fuhai specializes in energy manipulation of the highest lvl. As an example: If Haji can break 30 concrete blocks with a single downward punch, Fuhai can probably achieve the same thing with a simple finger poke. Why? Because he can force the same amount of energy needed to break 30 blocks into the finger alone, without all the extra motion that Haji would use to do the same thing. The fact that he could use a single finger to channel all that energy through it would be something as well. Expanding and contracting the energy pathways, opening some pathways up while closing others down to force the energy down a particular pattern to produce the desired effect: from a wide area blast to a concentrated explosion of energy in a direct line straight in front of him - this is what I think Fuhai's Youjitsu Style encompasses.

At first, I thought that vampires could do the same thing but apparently they cannot - their forte is being able to convert their youki into 'strength'. The thicker or more dense their aura is, the more power they can convert from it. This is why those with the Shinso blood are so much more powerful - the aura it produces is much more dense compared to normal vampires, it's the reason why the Shinso vampire aura is described to be darker than night itself.

And yes, only a youkai/monster/demon can produce youki/monster/demon ki. The thing is that since it was a vampire's power and a vampire's power is in the blood, his (Tsukune's) body really didn't need to change so much as his blood had to.

Last edited by Tempest35; 2011-09-19 at 08:29.
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 07:22   Link #21014
Tachibana
タチバナ

I couldn't help but get the impression of Tsukune having a secondary source of youki, oh well, that theory goes out the window. Will Tsukune being a "Modified Human" make his future transformations much easier to handle and maintain?

I also updated Tsukune's profile at the wikia page mainly about his appearance after becoming a Modified Human as well as a few minor spelling corrections for other profiles and additions

Last edited by Tachibana; 2011-09-17 at 11:12.
Tachibana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 16:29   Link #21015
khprincessh

so guys whats going on so far in the manga and everything else sorry ive just been so busy
Old 2011-09-18, 22:09   Link #21016
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khprincessh View Post
so guys whats going on so far in the manga and everything else sorry ive just been so busy
Rubi's S came out so strongly that you'd wish she were real and yours.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 01:45   Link #21017
zero akashiya

hey im kinda new here, can anyone help me out n such? oh n btw the name is zero akashiya
zero akashiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 04:22   Link #21018
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Wonder if the beserked ghoul form can be compared to the Dark Hadou of Evil Ryu....just a theory. Later on Ryu in SF he can control it and use it without him turning evil.
Old 2011-09-19, 05:22   Link #21019
Tachibana
タチバナ

Well... Tsukune will have to eventually gain control of his future transformations, whether it be now or then, it's gonna happen though.
Old 2011-09-19, 08:51   Link #21020
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hnn...my first thought is that, yes, Tsukune's berzerker mode and Ryu's Dark Hadou are smiliar on the surface. Of course there are differences but not so much that the two can't be compared favorably to each other.

And that's another thing I need to reiterate just in case some lurkers on here don't feel like reading back through 1000+ pages. Back when Tsukune first went Ghoul and beat the crap out of Mido, the one half-breed ayashi with the huge arm, and a lot of people surmized that Tsukune must have been stronger than Moka to beat up Mido as quickly as he did - the reason that he seemed so much stronger was not an actual difference in strength - it was the difference of control.

If you are a fighter/martial artist, you know it takes much more control to control your total strength (power,technique,etc) against a weaker opponent than to just go full bore from the start.

Ghoul Tsukune didn't care if he killed Mido - Moka, when she fought him, did. We all know that Moka doesn't like the thought of killing someone outright - she'd beat the crap out of you, but she won't kill you. G.Tsukune's lack of moral restraint in terms of trying to kill any and all opponents is why the power behind his punches seemed so much greater. When Moka attacked him, even though she was weakened, she still overwhelmed him with the sheer onslaught she unleashed on G.Tsukune. It could be argued that Tsukune didn't even attempt to attack Moka during all of this but she really didn't give him a chance to attack either (until Kurumu stepped in but that was Kurumu interrupting and not Moka).

This was the focus of the training chapter where Moka and Sun got kidnapped by human-lvl mooks and Tsukune pwned them utterly once he got his head in the game. Tsukune holds himself back too much - even when fighting. Once his moral standard is momentarily forgotten when he's under the influence of the vampire blood, he's devastatingly brutal.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire