AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 Series Rating
Perfect 10 365 44.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 199 24.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 92 11.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 76 9.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 31 3.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 20 2.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 9 1.11%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 0.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.25%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 1.72%
Voters: 812. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-02-26, 16:46   Link #1481
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
I agree with the Cornelia and Viletta response. Viletta and Ohgi needed to pay for their own 'crimes' and not dump their insecurity about japan and geass onto Zero. He isn't a pack mule y'know.
Villetta was the secret biggest Spanner In The Works for Lelouch. If it wasn't her spying on him during season 1 or early on in R2 as part of the OSI, it was her screwing him again on when she rejoined Ohgi. Karma would be her getting capped like Marianne, to be perfectly blunt. She was, after all, the woman who led the man (Ohgi) astray, and indirectly led to the Zero Requiem.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 20:17   Link #1482
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
So you believe she was a detestable character simply because she did some playful childish teasing? Tell me, are you familiar with the term "hard to get?" Seriously, this anime has people that have callously and mercilessly abused, deceived, and slaughtered thousands, nay, millions of people, Lelouch himself being among them, and you're ragging on Shirley for THIS?!
Arbites, it was Shirley's momentary 'hard to get' moment as stated here, that I am referring to.

In any case, self proclaimed Knight of Shirley, I think you misunderstand.

"Detestable" would be reserved for such people as the eunuchs. Even good people would loudly rejoice at their demise, as I am sure you would agree.

You seem to believe that my 'pwn' statement was disrespectful, however I only meant it as a statement of fact. I certainly didn't want her to die.

In real life however, playing 'hard to get' is the one sure way for me to forget a woman.
Cephei Mordred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 20:34   Link #1483
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cephei Mordred View Post
In any case, self proclaimed Knight of Shirley, I think you misunderstand.
Well hey, it's my title and it's a title I take seriously

Quote:
"Detestable" would be reserved for such people as the eunuchs. Even good people would loudly rejoice at their demise, as I am sure you would agree.
Agreed.

Quote:
You seem to believe that my 'pwn' statement was disrespectful, however I only meant it as a statement of fact. I certainly didn't want her to die.
Hmm, semantics. The root of all evil (not really ). Well, if you think "pwn" is always interchangeable with the word "kill" then very well. While I do think it can be used in that way at certain times, I wouldn't use it in a situation like that since Shirley's death was pretty tragic, and pwn is kind of a goofy term. But that's just how I see it.

Oh, and I'm glad to hear that you didn't want her to die.

Quote:
In real life however, playing 'hard to get' is the one sure way for me to forget a woman.
Well, if that's your view towards women or your preference, I certainly won't hold it against you.

Anyway, I'm satisfied. Your opinions seem to be quite reasonable, so I'll leave it at that.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 21:31   Link #1484
azul120

I think playing hard to get is fun and feisty, as long as it's not overdone. I mean, sometimes we tease because we love, no?
Old 2010-02-26, 23:39   Link #1485
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM

Until such a time as I can read minds, I can only go by actions.

However, if I was to be less like Suzaku and more like Lelouch, I would probably be more inclined to tolerate mild disrespect, on the basis that I can keep manipulating them in the end.
Old 2010-02-26, 23:51   Link #1486
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM

Another thing I forgot to mention...I very strongly oppose social darwinism, for much the same reasons that Lelouch did (who wants to see loved ones cast aside simply because they are weak?) so naturally that made me more sympathetic to Lelouch in the beginning.

Which made it all the more frightening to see him become what he became.

Also, I'm fairly certain that Lelouch is now a Geass Witch as well. They wouldn't be making another series without him.

Last edited by Cephei Mordred; 2010-02-27 at 00:04.
Old 2010-02-27, 01:14   Link #1487
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfinesOfTheDark View Post
I never got to see who Nonette Enneagram is (and if she did show up, I didn't notice her at all)
http://codegeass.wikia.com/wiki/File...-of-rounds.jpg
Old 2010-02-27, 01:21   Link #1488
azul120

Quote:
Another thing I forgot to mention...I very strongly oppose social darwinism, for much the same reasons that Lelouch did (who wants to see loved ones cast aside simply because they are weak?) so naturally that made me more sympathetic to Lelouch in the beginning.

Which made it all the more frightening to see him become what he became.

Also, I'm fairly certain that Lelouch is now a Geass Witch as well. They wouldn't be making another series without him.
At what point in particular?

Oh, and no double posts here.
Old 2010-02-27, 08:08   Link #1489
Sol Falling

Shirley's 'teasing' scene in Turn 12 wasn't some trick or act of sadism but rather Shirley not taking advantage of the situation to steal a kiss from Lelouch. Remember--when Lelouch said 'I like you' just moments earlier, Shirley believed he was lying. The idea that Lelouch might actually like her romantically was still unbelievable to Shirley--and given that the Lelouch she'd been seeing lately was actually Sayako running around flirting with everybody, and how even the real Lelouch had a whole different side to him than the one she saw normally, that he was trying to keep away from her, I don't really blame her. Rather than manipulating Lelouch's pity or friendly concern for her to steal a kiss from him, like in S1, Shirley instead was determined to make Lelouch fall in love with her genuinely. This is actually a moment of character development and contrast with episode 12 of season one.

I'm glad you think Lelouch really did like/want to kiss Shirley, because I agree, I think Lelouch really did envision a future with her (for a while), but the point to remember is that the reason Shirley didn't kiss Lelouch was because she believed she would be taking advantage of him.

Anyway, not to be an asshole or broken record here, but I thought I should also mention that official sources (i.e. including the writer, director) say that Lelouch is dead. The new geass project, as far as I'm aware (dunno if it's gonna be made into an anime), involves a Lelouch lookalike and is some kind of historical prequel set hundreds of years in the past.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 08:11   Link #1490
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM

Azul: forgive me, but I do not understand the question.

Sol: Well if that really was the case, then that exonerates her completely.

As for Lelouch being dead, well...what were their exact words?
Old 2010-02-27, 14:35   Link #1491
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
As for Lelouch being dead, well...what were their exact words?
Well, the context of the show strongly insinuates that he's dead which is why I always found the "Lelouch might be alive" theories "amusing" already back when the last episode aired. The entire last arc and the main character's entire endgame revolved around creating a good world for Nunnally and Kallen (and of course also his friends at Ashford) but also around his and Suzaku's redemption. Suzaku, who had wanted to die, was forced to live on while shouldering the burden of wearing the mask of Zero and Lelouch, who wanted to live with those he loved in the world he created for them, had to die. That was their(his) idea of redemption.

But if we look beyond that, to all the indisputable evidence, the director (Taniguchi Goro), "Word of God" from the writer (Okouchi Ichiro), all the official post screening material and C.C. in her new monologue which was recorded solely for the compilation movie all say that he's in fact dead. I'd say that no fictional character has ever been "more dead" than Lelouch is. A continuation to the Lelouch of the Rebellion storyline is the least probable option for a future Code Geass anime production. I, personally, really hope that no new CG anime will ever see the light of day.

You can go here for some additional information.
Old 2010-02-27, 15:46   Link #1492
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM

For one so certain, you sound very worked up. Tell me why that is, Meatrose.

By the way, everyone...is there any place on this subforum where I could post poetry, or is it taboo?
Old 2010-02-27, 15:55   Link #1493
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

He's worked up because everyone here is getting sick and tired of the delusional screams of "Lelouch is alive!!1!". It got very old barely three weeks after the episode aired.

As for poems, fanfiction thread (so long as its Code Geass based) or the Fan Creations forum.
Old 2010-02-27, 16:02   Link #1494
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM

Delusional? It is merely my opinion.

Anyway, just posted a poem on the fanfiction thread.

Last edited by Cephei Mordred; 2010-02-27 at 16:54.
Old 2010-02-27, 18:42   Link #1495
Charred Knight

The people who are delusional are the people who continually come up with insane theories to explain how Okouchi and the guide stated his dead.

1. Lelouch Vi Britannia is dead but L.L is still around!
If that had been true than they also would hace listed Suzaku as dead. They haven't so Lelouch is still dead, and not some geass warlock.

2. The guide is wrong
Generally speaking guides from Japan are much better than guides from America simply because it has information not available anywhere else. Very rarely do you get guides that where carefully created in America, see the Star Wars guides that never include much banground material not found in the movies or novels. Another example is how the Warcraft RPGs are never really looked over by Blizzard which is why they are easily the worst place to get Warcraft Lore.

3. The creators are testing us
Easily the most insane theory, these are the people who you simply can not talk reason too. They honestly believe that Okouchi was testing them by lying to see if they are true believers in the powers of Lelouch. If it ever gets to that point just walk away because having a conversation with them would be pointless.

As already stated the people here are sick and tired of talking about whether or not Lelouch was dead or alive. The creators said his dead, but if the upcoming anime series (and their will be an upcoming anime series) maybe a sequel where his shown to be alive,

It happened in Gundam Seed Destiny, and it could easily happen here, people change their mind, especially when money is involved.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 19:45   Link #1496
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
For one so certain, you sound very worked up. Tell me why that is, Meatrose.
Oh, this is not me being worked up. Sure, I'm certain of what I'm saying or I wouldn't have posted in the first place but I'm definitely not worked up. Most of the posts I write I write while being... "worked up" but I never submit those posts. This was one of those "1 out of 10 post" in which I'm... serene. =)
Old 2010-02-27, 20:24   Link #1497
Nobodyman9
Banned

Back "Lelouch is dead" argument again, eh? Well Cephei Mordred, you're new so I'll let you know, this is all that needs to be said on the subject.

@Sol: Ah, you always explain things so well Sol But yes, that's exactly what Shirley was doing, and it was completely harmless.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 22:25   Link #1498
ConfinesOfTheDark
Reaper's Disciple

Quote:
Thank you Selphei Mordred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune
Why not?
Schneizel wasn't a threat anymore. He'll spend the rest of his life as a vegetable, supporting the peace Lelouch and Suzaku created.
Not that he would mind, seeing how world peace was his top priority, too.
You do have a point. Guess it's just my personal bias against Schneizel.
ConfinesOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 23:45   Link #1499
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM

That's because Schneizel was more frightening in his ambitions than Lelouch.

Lelouch was not out to kill people, but rather to dominate them and frighten them for a short time.

Schneizel...he was all 'Yeah ima nuke a few billion people to scare the rest into obedience, it ain't no thing.'

I would say that the frightening part was how calm and casual he was about it. If he expressed himself more like Zero it would have been less scary.
Old 2010-02-28, 06:59   Link #1500
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via MSN to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Zetsubou Bunny
Quote:
Lelouch was not out to kill people, but rather to dominate them and frighten them for a short time.
Funniest line of the day.
Zetsubou Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote