Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2018-07-03, 10:59   Link #41
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Darn youngster these days. When I was young we were happy with fake-cest and half assed teasing. Now everone want hard core controversy, rapes and brainwashing. True Sodom and Gomorrah
The original sin of Sodom and Gomorrah is perfectly acceptable in today's society so it's kinda too late for that lol
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-03, 11:25   Link #42
Rasty

^ Actually for a funny turn of events, calling that a sin is in the current society considered despicable sin.

^^ Then again, for this novel there is nothing to even call tension (at least for its first 20 chapters), he clearly feels and acts as her father and while she is father-con, she doesn't seem interested in going anywhere with the relationship and likely doesn't even have that kind of feelings. The only reason for fake daughter in this series seems to be to avoid having a mother for her and the MC some kind of complicated feelings concerning that (her getting killed, running away or whatever the cause for her disappearing).
The only complaint I have is lack of drive. The daughter is perfectly OK, but the father is absolutely hollow. He doesn't care about women, he has no hobbies to speak about and while he likes fighting strong people, he isn't actively pursuing even that... actually, we aren't even told why did he refuse to get employed by the 3 noble sisters. This might be OK for a side character, but for a MC it gets boring.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-03, 12:08   Link #43
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
^ 15 guildmasters with middle age transportation/? Really? I guess either becoming the A ranker makes you something on the level of nobles, so you are gonna want it even if you had to spend half your life getting the approvals, or they just plain don't want the people to go so high.
For people in "I was a sword when I reincarnated", magical transportation is an option, though rare. For the adventurers guild they have a magical communications network but there are some concerns about snooping (the method was invented in a country that is currently considered somewhat hostile and some believe that the messages can be intercepted). But yes, for an individual adventurer to meet 15 guild masters is going to take some time.

Actually, I seem to remember it being mentioned recently that to become an A ranker you also need to show that you can solo 3 B rank monsters.

Quote:
We are mostly speaking not about the requirements being too lenient, but about there usually not being any reason why one should go for high ranks, to at least balance out the negatives (and having high requirements certainly doesn't help).
In this world, access to things like dungeons are tightly regulated. Even if you are high ranking you can't just walk in - you always need to get a permit first. So even if all you want to do is make exp then increasing your rank is highly effective because it gives you more and better access to places to grind exp. So in short, ranking up gives: access to better quests, access to better dungeons / places to earn exp/cash and more prestige. If you become good enough you might become an honorary noble or similar. The only reason to stay low ranked is if you enjoy the slow life (in which case, why become an adventurer anyway?). Only downside is becoming high ranked is that you start getting involved in politics.

Quote:
Actually, do they have a guild in every village (which would make the guildmasters about as important as your usual bartender) or is that China? I don't think there were so many cities in your usual middle age kingdom.
I think you can expect an adventurers guild near any public dungeons (there's some ones kept hidden for natural security reasons) or similar and in proper towns. Dunno about villages - I only remember one village and I can't remember if it had an adventurers guild (I don't think so).

Going a bit more on topic for the story in this thread: I've not read much of it but it sounds rather silly for higher ranked adventurers to have no real benefits. I dunno the details but it sounds more like the author didn't think things through.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-05, 00:50   Link #44
pervypig

Quote:
Darn youngster these days. When I was young we were happy with fake-cest and half assed teasing. Now everone want hard core controversy, rapes and brainwashing. True Sodom and Gomorrah
get on with the times, geezer; these days we do our mothers and then switch over with our pet bird...
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-14, 11:27   Link #45
BlazingKyogre

Is there any forum that spoils the novel?
BlazingKyogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-15, 11:29   Link #46
Tenzen12

I am up to date with raws. What would you like to know?
Old 2019-08-15, 11:38   Link #47
mickbis

After reading a few part of the WN, I think MC is actually strong from the very start
but maybe the one that cut his leg is actually a "Demon Lord" type or similar?
Which endup made him loss his coinfidence and end his career as Rank E
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-15, 12:17   Link #48
Tenzen12

He is certainly not weak

Spoiler for Belgriph role:
Old 2019-08-17, 02:54   Link #49
zztop

Quote:
I am up to date with raws. What would you like to know?
There are 2 main plot stuffs I'm wondering about:

- What is Angeline's origins? In one of the early chapters when she meets Byaku he says she is the same as him; is she reincarnated person from earth or similar?

- Who is the mystery person organizing the demons and getting followers? Is it Solomon, or someone related?
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-17, 04:48   Link #50
Tenzen12

Let's see.
Spoiler for answer:

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2019-08-17 at 05:32.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-17, 07:33   Link #51
mickbis

Did Bell and said person have their reunion? and what happen between them after that?
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-17, 09:23   Link #52
Tenzen12

Spoiler for yes:

Just your regular small village like any other
Old 2019-08-18, 00:52   Link #53
zztop

Quote:
Let's see.
Spoiler for answer:
Spoiler for question:
Old 2019-08-18, 05:51   Link #54
Tenzen12

Spoiler for answer:
Old 2019-08-18, 08:29   Link #55
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Spoiler for yes:

Just your regular small village like any other
Sati an Bell?

And whose child is Ange?
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-18, 10:29   Link #56
Tenzen12

Yes Sati and Bell

Spoiler for whose child:

I
Old 2019-08-18, 21:28   Link #57
zztop

Quote:
Yes Sati and Bell

Spoiler for whose child:

I
Spoiler for Spoiler clarify:
Old 2019-08-19, 09:52   Link #58
Tenzen12

Spoiler for well:
Old 2019-09-28, 22:14   Link #59
Anemya

so bell will get married with this sati woman huh? what happen with the 3 siblings of Bordeaux (if I'm writing this correctly) especially the countess?
Anemya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-29, 01:39   Link #60
Tenzen12

Helvetica tried protest first and when it became obvious Bel wouldn't budge she cried a bit and dragged whole Ange's party drink all night.

Other sisters are fine with that from beginning irc.

Tags
adventurer, father mc