AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-03-05, 17:34   Link #301
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

weeeeee happy ending w00t!!glad that that anime ended with me hating no one in it. even that docter...dont even remember his name though :P
kira_lacusXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 02:19   Link #302
LilEva

Send a message via AIM to LilEva Send a message via MSN to LilEva Send a message via Yahoo to LilEva
Just finished watching the last episode. Good series. The only part that made me go eh, was when the nurse's friend was trying to seduce Yuichi. I was like, geez, just when I thought an anime could go without some gratuitous fanservice. But it was good to watch an anime about normal people and their emotions in a real environment.
LilEva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 04:05   Link #303
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

yeah, but she was hot. i would not have minded more close ups of her leaning over towards the screen....

but your right, it went abit too far to fit in with the overall theme of the show. reminds me of what happened with the first episode of REC. could have been avoided.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 19:57   Link #304
ultrataro

Watch the end! My goodness, I can't imagine watching all the way to the last one & NOT watching it. It wraps things up. I agree that much of the plot devices were forced, I think partially because they had to try & cram things into the short time period, and yet I enjoyed this show. The attempted seduction I think was important to show yuuichis conflicted state of mind. I know if I was feeling like that and a hot woman started coming onto me heavily like that, I'd have a hard time thinking straight and knowing what to do. Yes, it might have been a another plot device a bit overdone, but I'm not complaining.
ultrataro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 16:06   Link #305
DrewGSR

Short and sweet series. I definately enjoyed it
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 16:44   Link #306
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I Loved It

Loved the series it was one of my favorites despite being only 6 episodes. The story and theme i thought were wonderful. It easy to think that series wants you to focus on death but thats not it it wants you to focus on life and living it no matter how much time you have left. Rika was so adorable and the voice actor did a great job portraying her feelings. I thought ending was perfect execpt that i would have liked to see them out side of the hospital having a normal day together. The ending is happy but if you really think about what the doctor was saying Yuuichi you can tell that eventually Rika will die and at a young age. but the two will have time with one another and it obvious they are going to get married but make the most of what you got. I just thouht it was really touching i grabs you from the right spot the opening and ending themes are just wonderful and i listen to them like everyday on my ipod. Very good series even though it seemed rushed at times. God im a sucker for this romantic, dramtic, potential tradgedy shit.
Old 2006-03-13, 11:45   Link #307
Forever
Revealing the truth

Hmm anyone knows where can i find some hanbun no tsuki noboru sora wallpapers?
Old 2006-03-14, 02:33   Link #308
Buwoy

Same problem. Tried searching on the net but can't find any. The stills on the ending credits would make nice ones I think
Buwoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 10:57   Link #309
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

^Yep. The anime doesn't have an entry on Minitokyo either. It would if I could figure out how it worked...
Well, its fairly recent (aboot a month or so) so we might have to wait... or make our own.

Personally, I like the series because it went a little further. There's some sort of taboo in NA culture that seems to restrict media/dialogue about some of the themes in this anime (hence, why I like Shinigami no Ballad as well), and it's nice break from war/dystopic futures/samurai/ninja/organized crime motifs I've been into recently. I enjoyed just watching the characters have fun despite their circumstances, and the subtle (well, not really) comedy provided by the one and only Zebra Mask (mexican wrestling rules!). Of course, dramatic elements were excellent too, but many have already commented on that, and I'm not smart enough to give anymore valuable input.

Spoiler:

Ohhh, question, I don't have the anime on hand, but can someone list the author/works that Rika enjoyed reading?
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 16:43   Link #310
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious
...Ohhh, question, I don't have the anime on hand, but can someone list the author/works that Rika enjoyed reading?
-- Mikan ("Oranges"), and other stories by AKUTAGAWA Ryunosuke (Japanese, early 20th century)
-- Night on the Galactic Railroad, by MIYAZAWA Kenji (Japanese, book written in the early 20th century; anime made in the 1980s)
-- Les Thibault ("The Thibaults"), by Roger Martin du Gard (French, early 20th century)
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-14, 16:49   Link #311
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
...Rika was so adorable and the voice actor did a great job portraying her feelings....
The voice actor is Takahashi Mikako, who was Ayu in Honey and Clover and is Tomoko in Canvas2 (she's really good in ep22). I think she's fabulous. Click the link for a photo, info, and links to other sites, including her long-running radio show. She's a smart and amusing host.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 08:13   Link #312
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Well, the OST's amazing - just what i expected - need a full on go listen, but some magical piano pieces. ^^
Old 2006-03-15, 10:25   Link #313
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrataro
I agree that much of the plot devices were forced, I think partially because they had to try & cram things into the short time period, ....Yes, it might have been a another plot device a bit overdone, but I'm not complaining.
I don't think I saw any flaw in the plot itself . The background sound and pace of the plot is quite matching, every episodes have different background sounds.

Could you clarify why do you think that the plot devices were being forced ?
Compare to Iriya no Soya, this anime was far better in individual episodes , I'm not saying Iriya no Soya is lame, but compare to Hantsuki ,not every episodes are enjoyable because the character development in Iriyano Soya is quite slow and make some viewers dropped the series in a first few episodes.Except one viallian who was trying to sleep with the main character of the show , Hantsuki has no flaw in character development as well.
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 14:31   Link #314
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

I concur. The OST's what I expected it to be. Guess I should add that to my order of the single.
Old 2006-03-15, 14:57   Link #315
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I like how the OST mixes the Drama/vocal parts, & TV Size OP & ED. Its good stuff.

Just what i expected from Mitsumune, after he's amazing work on the two Negima OST's, he goes and does another beautiful OST. <3

Last edited by Shiroth; 2006-03-15 at 19:09.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-16, 00:54   Link #316
Buwoy

Does anyone have the lyrics and/or translation of Kioku no Kakera?

Listening to the drama tracks makes me wish i could understand japanese

Last edited by Buwoy; 2006-03-16 at 01:36.
Old 2006-03-16, 13:39   Link #317
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

^ You and me both. It may take a while for anyone to pick up. I'll keep a look out too, though.
Old 2006-03-16, 13:41   Link #318
Ilpalazzo-sama

I can try transliterating the song, however I can not translate....
Ilpalazzo-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-16, 22:43   Link #319
Buwoy

Transliterating would allow me to sing along =) And maybe someone would be nice enough to translate after... or i could probably get a friend to do it for me.
Old 2006-03-17, 13:46   Link #320
Ilpalazzo-sama

Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora ED song - Kioku no Kakera

Okay, I never thought this would be this hard, but since I had way too much free time in my hands, I did it :P

The first part (around 1:30, the TV intro part) was actually easy, a copy-paste from KuroNeko's karaoke (and corrected a small bug), credits goes to them for this. Now, the rest of the stuff...oh, teh horror. Writing down a line in romaji, the rewrite it in kana/kanji, constantly comparing with the CD cover which has the lyrics but i could not do too much with it since i know around 5 kanjis, a few katakanas and around the half of the hiraganas. The result is 99% identical with the lyrics on the CD cover (could not do one or two kanjis...). Translation (KuroNeko again, credits goes to them) included for the first part.

Now, let's sing.

ねえ 指先であなたを感じて
Nee... yubisaki de anata wo kanjite
ねえ あなたと見ていたこの景色
Nee... anata to miteita kono keshiki
伝わる 優しさに身をゆだねて
Tsutawaru yasashisa ni mi wo yuda nete
永遠など無い わかっていたつもりだよ
Eien nado nai wakatte ita tsumori dayo

Hey, I feel you with the tips of my fingers.
Hey, this scenery I've been seeing with you.
I trust myself to your gentleness.
I knew that there was no eternity.

名前を呼ぶ あなたの声を
Namae wo yobu anata no koe wo
胸の奥に しまっておくから
Mune no oku ni shimatte oku kara
開かれた 扉の向こう側で
Hirakareta tobira no mukougawade
こぼれぬように 消えないように
Ko borenu youni kienai youni

I will keep your calling deep in my heart.
On the other side of the open door.
Not to spil or erase.

--END OF TV OUTRO-- (song continues)

ねえ あの夜に 途切れた 言事他を   
Nee... anoyoruni tokireta kototawo 
ねえ その先を 知りたくて来たよ
Nee... sonosakiwo shiritakutekitayo
たとえ 変わらない 明日でも
tatoe... kawaranai ashitademo
信じることで 詩かに歩きはじめた 
Shinjiru kotode shitsukani aruki hajimeta

あなたへと 輪れ出したもの
anata hoto wa(fu*)redashitamono
この時に  留めておきたいから
konotokini todometeokitaikara
消えて ゆくことの無いように
kiete yukukotononai youni
次のぺージに そっと記すから
tsuginopeezini sootoshirusukara
あかない 世界で みつけた 記僕のかけら
akanai sekaide mitsuketa kibokuno kakera
それは あなたの肩ぼしに 見えた 景色 
sore wa anata no kataboshini mieta geshiki

名前を 呼ぶ あなたの声を
Namae wo yobu anata no koe wo
最この夜に しまっていくから
Saikono yoruni shimatte iku kara
開かれた 扉の向こう側で
Hirakareta tobira no mukougawade
こぼれぬように 消えないように
Ko borenu youni kienai youni

*: In the song, there is a "fu", but it can not be found in the lyrics on the CD cover....

P.S: Feel free to correct the mistakes :P

Last edited by Ilpalazzo-sama; 2006-03-17 at 17:51.
Ilpalazzo-sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance, shounen