AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2006-04-06, 07:17   Link #1
Ilpalazzo-sama

Japanese Input Problems

I'm having problems with the Japanese input. It used to work in pretty much every application. But now, it suddenly only works in Microsoft Word. Elsewhere it does nothing, just simulates an english keyboard layout. also the extra icons for conversion, input method does not appear either. Yes, I'm using MS-IME2002. OS is Windows 2003 Server but this function is supposed to be 100% similar to the one in Windows XP.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by Ilpalazzo-sama; 2006-04-06 at 08:04.
Ilpalazzo-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 08:36   Link #2
sophismata
いいえ

It sounds like you've accidentally changed your language bar settings, probably with one of the built-in "keyboard shortcuts" that noone really uses. I use, or have used, Windows Server and that should not be the problem; I would double check your regional settings were I you.

You say it is simualting an English keyboard layout; do you use an English keyboard, or a Japanese one, with the conversion and kana keys hard-coded? If the toolbar icons have disappeared, I really think you've changed your toolbar settings.

Can you read Japanese fonts?

わたしはソフィスマタです。

If those are wiped, then you need to start from scratch with your regionals, and may need the Windows DVD.
sophismata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 08:43   Link #3
Ilpalazzo-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophismata
It sounds like you've accidentally changed your language bar settings, probably with one of the built-in "keyboard shortcuts" that noone really uses. I use, or have used, Windows Server and that should not be the problem; I would double check your regional settings were I you.

You say it is simualting an English keyboard layout; do you use an English keyboard, or a Japanese one, with the conversion and kana keys hard-coded? If the toolbar icons have disappeared, I really think you've changed your toolbar settings.

Can you read Japanese fonts?

わたしはソフィスマタです。

If those are wiped, then you need to start from scratch with your regionals, and may need the Windows DVD.
Yes I can read'em...and when I'm changing to the JP keyboard layout for example here in firefox, here it is what I got:
`1234567890-=
qwertyuiop[]
asdfghjkl;'\
zxcvbnm,./

AFAIK, this is the English kb layout....

Here is a comparision picture:

Firefox was just an example, pretty much every application is the same, the only exception is Word so far.
Old 2006-04-06, 21:51   Link #4
sophismata
いいえ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilpalazzo-sama
Here is a comparision picture:

Firefox was just an example, pretty much every application is the same, the only exception is Word so far.
It definately looks like your toolbar settings, and not your IME in general. I know the toolbar has an option to hide the buttons and functions on it, but why this would only happen outside of WinWord, I'm not too sure. Unfortunately, I don't have a windows system with me (I recently switched to Mac), but your first step should be to make sure that the settings for the toolbar in firefox match those of the toolbar in word.

If I have time this weekend, (not likely though, I have mid-semester exams), I may be able to grab a Windows Server and fool around with the IME settings on it and try to replicate the problem. However, a quick look through your language bar settings should fix the problem.

Also, try removing and reinstalling the Eastern Language Fonts, to reload the IME. That could help if you're not sure what's up with the toolbar.
Old 2006-04-08, 17:38   Link #5
Ilpalazzo-sama

I've solved it by uninstalling and reinstalling the east-asian language pack and the right-to-left language pack. When I was reinstalling it, it was asking me if I want to keep newer files instead of rewriting them...this might have been the problem, some sort of version conflict with the files. Anyways, it is working now, thanks for the help.
Old 2006-04-09, 01:31   Link #6
sophismata
いいえ

Glad you got it working. Good luck in all your IME endeavours!