AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2021-03-09, 07:56   Link #1
LROlsson

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Anticipation

An TV anime based on the Trails of Cold Steel games as been announced.
It's a coloration between the companies USERJOY, Funimation, SYOU and NADA and will air in 2022.

Source
English Translation of the news
Old 2021-03-09, 08:06   Link #2
SidVicious
Anime addict

A nice surprise.
Old 2021-03-09, 08:19   Link #3
marvelB

Well, this is indeed a pleasant surprise! I sorta wish there could have been an anime for the Crossbell arc, though I can understand why they chose CS (it's had the most exposure out of all the Trails arcs). I think it would be pretty nice if they gave Ys another shot at an anime, as well (adapted from the more recent titles, of course), but one thing at a time, I guess....
Old 2021-03-09, 08:24   Link #4
Dextro
He Without a Title

YEEEEEESSSSSS!!! Bring it on!!!!!! The hype levels are over 9000 for me.

The trails series is one of my all time favourites and the hype levels for Cold Steel 3 and 4 were through the roof. I have no idea how they plan to adapt this given how gigantic the story is but in Falcom we trust I guess.

Anyway this has to have Towa in it. There'll be riots if she isn't in this
Old 2021-03-09, 08:41   Link #5
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I have no idea how they plan to adapt this given how gigantic the story is but in Falcom we trust I guess.
They aren't adapting the games itself. Kondo thought they would do it first but after some discussion they are going a different direction.
It's based on Cold Steel and takes place in western Zemuria. The anime will show events and regions that wasn't really shown in the games.

I'm really interested to see how the anime will be structured like whenever they release new info about it.
Old 2021-03-09, 09:26   Link #6
The Green One

Well..... a bold idea to say the least, but with how lore heavy the Legend of Heroes series is, and how continuity heavy it is, I don't think this is going to translate into anime format all that well.
*reads the actual article*

Oh wait they're not adapting the game itself. Sensible idea. Hmmmm we'll have to see what they have in mind then.

I suppose it'll be about events the game didn't view at the time, it'll be interesting to see how they weave a coherent story for an anime format. Will need to know more to figure out how viable this is.
Old 2021-03-09, 10:32   Link #7
Frontier

I was thinking to myself that it makes sense for how anime-esque the games are, and it also makes sense to tell a different story for the anime rather than try and adapt the entire game saga .

I am curious how much of the game cast will actually be in the anime. Funimation is distributing and probably dubbing it so they would probably need to bring a lot of LA VA's into this unless it's mostly original characters with the occasional character from the game.
Old 2021-03-09, 11:20   Link #8
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Someone said it will be 52 episode.
Is this true?
Old 2021-03-09, 11:25   Link #9
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diluc View Post
Someone said it will be 52 episode.
Is this true?
No, there is no word about how many cours the series will have.
I don't know where that rumour started, but probably in the youtube chat and that is always pure chaos during japan only streams.

Personally, I have a hard time seeing it get anymore than 1 cour.
Old 2021-03-09, 11:48   Link #10
Sacredus

https://twitter.com/Gu4n/status/1369306998165082116
Quote:
The anime supposedly tells an original story based on Trails of Cold Steel. I interpret the emphasis on a story about western Zemuria as Class VII travelling beyond Erebonian borders as well - and another chance to visit Jurai, North Ambria and Remiferia.
So anime only story in Trails universe...

Anyway, to be really fair, I would prefer proper adaptation of whole series starting from Sky, and for stand alone anime Zero and Ao since Crossbell is best story arc in series... I understand why they do CS but still...
Old 2021-03-09, 12:51   Link #11
Marina2

Ah....Well, I guess it's time for this to happen.
Old 2021-03-09, 14:04   Link #12
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post

Anyway, to be really fair, I would prefer proper adaptation of whole series starting from Sky, and for stand alone anime Zero and Ao since Crossbell is best story arc in series... I understand why they do CS but still...
The amount of chainsawing they'd have to take to the material to cram it into the tight pants of an anime series makes me cringe to think about it.........
Old 2021-03-09, 14:16   Link #13
Frontier

It's not going to be a direct adaption, more like a story parallel to the games.
Old 2021-03-09, 14:44   Link #14
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by LROlsson View Post
They aren't adapting the games itself. Kondo thought they would do it first but after some discussion they are going a different direction.
It's based on Cold Steel and takes place in western Zemuria. The anime will show events and regions that wasn't really shown in the games.

I'm really interested to see how the anime will be structured like whenever they release new info about it.
That's a fair point I was unaware of. I only saw the "set in western zemuria" bit from Famitsu and that could mean anywhere in Erebonia (since that's western zemuria as well). But that does make far more sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post

I was literally just thinking it would be a great time to show stuff in Jurai and North Ambria. Especially since some of those places have been so central to the Sen plot and yet we haven't had much from them so far.

Spoiler for CS backstory. Just in case:
Old 2021-03-09, 14:59   Link #15
InfinityDragonGod

https://www.funimation.com/blog/2021...anime-project/

A new game is being made that's going to be based on the anime that's based on the game lol
Old 2021-03-09, 15:12   Link #16
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityDragonGod View Post

A new game is being made that's going to be based on the anime that's based on the game lol
I hope it won't turn out to be some crappy mobile title.... but I bet there's a 99% chance that's exactly what it'll be.
Old 2021-03-09, 15:13   Link #17
LROlsson

Although note that the new game is from USERJOY and not Falcom.
They are the ones that is behind Akatsuki no Kiseki game, so it's probably another GaaS.
Old 2021-03-09, 15:23   Link #18
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityDragonGod View Post

Does anyone have a link that's not region locked?
Old 2021-03-09, 15:30   Link #19
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Does anyone have a link that's not region locked?
Don't have a link but this is the only relevant part, the rest are only PR fluff:

“We hope that everyone, not only the fans that are familiar with the game, but also those who are not, can enjoy the new story that has never been told before with unique characters from the “Kiseki” series,” said USERJOY’s Any Liu. “Also, we are developing a new game based on the anime storyline, so please look forward to that as well!”
Old 2021-03-09, 15:33   Link #20
Wandering Soul

Well, this is a nice surprise. I guess there are using this as a chance to show off more areas of Western Zemuria that did not get a lot of focus in the games.

Tags
action, game adaption