AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2006-10-16, 13:10   Link #221
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Well, the discussion about creation of Bardiche in the soundstage though means you can't rule out intelligent devices being made in recent time. Bardiche is about as old as Fate...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 16:51   Link #222
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Yeah, but Precia had her archmage title or whatever (I'm assuming Precia made it, haven't seen a translation for the soundstage)- her creating one rules it out as a lost art, but not as the exclusive province of the most powerful magictech artisans.
Old 2006-10-16, 19:13   Link #223
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

No. Precia ordered it. She didn't make the device herself, but she did pay an awsome sum for it.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 21:00   Link #224
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Oh. Are there any translations for the soundstage around?

I guess if Precia couldn't make one they're pretty rare then.

Spoiler for A's:
Old 2006-10-17, 11:12   Link #225
Alu
Guide my hand...

Finaly ! I have just finished downloading A's.., hence after the hours I spend watching it, I will then be able to catch up
I just wonder if I will like it as much as this 1st Season.., this despite knowing from the start that the action will go up a notch...., Fate's tragic story was what realy got to me so..

But anyway.., judging by all the comments, and I should realy know by now... I have nothing to worry about

Hence.. I'll be seeing you all in the other threads now ^^
..altough.., from what I've been reading..., where should I go ? A's or StrikerS ? ; this because alot of talk regarding Season 2 (A's) is s going on there instead

Thanks once more for all the feedback & help guys, I realy have to thank you all for giving me such good reasons as why to take a chance on this Anime..., something that now.. I wish I had done sooner
Alu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 11:23   Link #226
Skane
Anime Snark

Well... if tragedy is your thing, you will get more of it in A's.

Heh.
Old 2006-10-17, 11:48   Link #227
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
nice one Alu...now go support fate
*cough* i think it doesnt really matter which thread to post in but just think about if its the right place...like if you decide to write an essay on A's you should do it in the right thread
btw is it me or is the title to this thread spelt wrong?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 12:32   Link #228
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Yeah. Lirikaru if it's gonna be romanized form of the Japanese pronunciation, Lyrical for the actual word.
Old 2006-10-17, 12:50   Link #229
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Dont wory Alu, you will like it. And dont wory, tragic Fate gets replaced by Tragic Hayate (and yes, the title of this thread bugged me as well)
Old 2006-10-17, 13:35   Link #230
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It wouldn't be the first time whomever started a thread mangled words... even in English... it'd be nice if a Mod corrected the spelling to the agreed romaji form in case someone was searching by it.
Old 2006-10-18, 05:10   Link #231
Furyou Miko
Equal-fatalities Employer

Send a message via AIM to Furyou Miko
Unfortunatly, you can't say that, since there's at least three major accepted romanji styles.

On another note... wasn't one of the reasons Nanoha shocked Yuuno right at the beginning the fact that she could use Raising Heart's powers without long incantations? She just had to say "Raising heart, if you please?" and it would do the rest on its' own. Compare to the incantation he gave her to wake it up each time. Also compare Yuuno's long sealing chant to Nanoha's "Lyrical Seal, Jewel Seed Serial XXI".
Furyou Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 07:01   Link #232
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Well, there's a big difference between a possible translation and a "blantant obviously correct one".
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 11:22   Link #233
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furyou Miko View Post
Unfortunatly, you can't say that, since there's at least three major accepted romanji styles.

On another note... wasn't one of the reasons Nanoha shocked Yuuno right at the beginning the fact that she could use Raising Heart's powers without long incantations? She just had to say "Raising heart, if you please?" and it would do the rest on its' own. Compare to the incantation he gave her to wake it up each time. Also compare Yuuno's long sealing chant to Nanoha's "Lyrical Seal, Jewel Seed Serial XXI".
The "best" spelling would be to take the katakana used in the title and directly convert into the equivalent modern Hepburn romaji ... or to translate it into the equivalent English word "Lyrical" and move on. Academically, the modern Hepburn style is most accepted though the other styles retain traction for either emphasis purposes or the "standard keyboard" still doesn't provide commonly needed modifications to letters without needing Alt Codes. It is true that sometimes people forget that romaji is just using alien phonetic symbols to *attempt* to record the sounds made in japanese. The classic "Peking vs Beijing" or phonetic attempts to record American Native languages also come to mind.... too much linguistic fun.

Yes... Nanoha, right off the plate, showed amazing natural talent --- one of those "tool and person destined for each other" moments.

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-10-18 at 11:35.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 10:38   Link #234
Lost

And pretty convenient; having to chant that whole incantation with an enemy at your heels wouldnt be a good thing..

I am starting to like Nanoha S1 very much, it started off for me pretty slowly and I wasnt so taken in by the whole Mahou Shoujo aspect.. but episode 6 touched me by showing that this had more depth than just cheesy power ups/attacks, fancy costumes and incantation screaming.

And right now I'm in love with Arf.

Last edited by Lost; 2006-10-19 at 10:57.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 13:48   Link #235
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^ you have no idea how often im hearing similar things about the series (ok, not often...but almost every person says the same thing once he gets past ep3 )
Old 2006-10-19, 16:11   Link #236
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
I am starting to like Nanoha S1 very much, it started off for me pretty slowly and I wasnt so taken in by the whole Mahou Shoujo aspect.. but episode 6 touched me by showing that this had more depth than just cheesy power ups/attacks, fancy costumes and incantation screaming.

And right now I'm in love with Arf.
and soon you will become a supporter of fate
yea the story darkens pretty much...id guess the first few eps were to just let nanoha get used to her powers...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 17:04   Link #237
Kikaifan
Blazing General

And to get the necessary fanservice out of the way.
Old 2006-10-20, 10:42   Link #238
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
^ you have no idea how often im hearing similar things about the series (ok, not often...but almost every person says the same thing once he gets past ep3 )
Nope, it was episode 6 for me.. Strangely, I found myself (and still do) tearing up at Nanoha's and Arisa's little fight scene.

Fate-o is okay, I find her intriguing but doubt I will be rooting for her as much as I am for Arf. Doesnt help that I love dogs too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan
necessary fanservice
Oh thats always welcomed
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 10:46   Link #239
Skane
Anime Snark

Actually, I found the flashback of Nanoha's slap of Arisa hilarious, because it informed the audience that Nanoha was using violence to make friends( indirectly) even before she became a Magical Girl.

Heh.
Old 2006-10-20, 11:02   Link #240
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

And now that she has humongous firepower she can make friends with much greater eficiency