AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Characters Poll (Multiple Choice!)
Lelouch Lamperouge / Zero 971 67.43%
Suzaku Kururugi 230 15.97%
C.C. 835 57.99%
Karen Stadtfeld 550 38.19%
Nunally Lamperouge 167 11.60%
Shirley Fenete 215 14.93%
Milly Ashford 175 12.15%
Rivalz Cardemonde 44 3.06%
Nina Einstein 26 1.81%
Lloyd Asplund 216 15.00%
Cecile Croomy 108 7.50%
Cornelia Li Brittania 195 13.54%
Euphemia Li Brittania 216 15.00%
Jeremiah Gottwald 125 8.68%
Viletta Nui 104 7.22%
Diethard Lied 75 5.21%
Shinichirou Tamaki 22 1.53%
Sayoko 74 5.14%
Kyoushirou Toudou 62 4.31%
Clovis La Britannia 38 2.64%
The Emperor 54 3.75%
Authur (the cat) 165 11.46%
Kaname Ougi 41 2.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1440. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-06-19, 16:10   Link #681
Eliarine

Defensive? Maybe a little. I just get the general impression that people are justifying Lelouch's lines in that cliffhanger scene when I really wanted to punch him in the face for some of the things he said.
Eliarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 16:16   Link #682
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Lets put it this way, if you were Suzaku, would you have believed Lelouch if he said that he accidentally geass Euphie to massacre the Japanese, an act which worked to his advantage by the way, which in turn made him kill her because he had no choice? I know I wouldn't, I probably would have pulled the trigger when he got to "accidentally geass". Someone you care about's name was dragged through the mud and killed because the person who did it claim it was an accident.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 16:23   Link #683
Eliarine

You are justifying Lelouch's words and assuming Suzaku wouldn't have believed anything. I happen to think that while he might not have believed the truth, there were certainly better things to say than "Euphie died hours ago, get over it already!"
Old 2008-06-19, 16:30   Link #684
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Okay, like what? I am of the opinion that Lelouch wanted Suzaku to help him save Nunnally and they can kill eachother afterwards. He told Suzaku that basically whats done is done, instead of making excuses he was trying to get Suzaku to focus on the future. Lelouch is not exactly the most sensitive person around.

And I'm not justifying Lelouch's words, I did not even state if they were right or wrong. You are right I am assuming that Suzaku would not listen to Lelouch based on his emotional state that was shown in the show. You are also assuming that Suzaku would give any excuses Lelouch might have used a second though.
Old 2008-06-19, 16:50   Link #685
orangejuicetang

I am of the opinion that regardless of everything else, it was a retarded move by Lelouch to call Suzuku out on his patricide especially when he was trying to get Suzuku to help him rescue Nunually. I fail to see how those words would have helped at all
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 16:56   Link #686
Eliarine

Lelouch did want Suzaku to focus on the future but he did a poor job at it. Telling him that Euphie's death was "in the past!" when Suzaku was clearly not in his right mind because of this very reason was not wise for starters. But throwing in a "Hey, didn't you kill your dad? It's okay, you can regret things afterwards!" was even worse. Suzaku might not have listened to anything else, but Lelouch did fuel his anger when there might have been other ways to have him help.
Old 2008-06-19, 18:09   Link #687
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

I believe that it was established that Lelouch is not the most sensitive guy out there. Lelouch said what he thought might convince Suzaku to help him, point of the matter is that I doubt there was anything he could have said that would help anyways.
Old 2008-06-19, 19:56   Link #688
orangejuicetang

We're no longer talking about sensitivity. I agree with what you said about Lelouch saying what he thought might convince Suzuku to help him. I also agree with the fact that he was an idiot to think that it would convince Suzuku to help him. I mean, come on, Lelouch is supposed to be a genius, there's been plenty of proof that that topic is Suzuku's sore spot, being "best friends" they should at least understand a little of the way the other thinks, and the only way that Lelouch can think of getting Suzuku to help him is mentioning "hey you killed your dad"? My point is that Lelouch couldn't have thought of anything else to say? I can understand the fact that Suzuku might not have been willing to believe Lelouch on anything he said regarding the Euphie incident but bring up the murder of Suzuku's father is not exactly the smartest move to make is all I'm saying.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-19, 20:13   Link #689
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

I think it is safe to say that whenever something involves Nunnally, Lelouch has been shown to be expremely emotional and unable to analyse a situation as well as he usually would. Chalk it up with his siscon messing with his logic...
Old 2008-06-20, 06:43   Link #690
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
I expect Suzaku to have a plan and short term goals on how to acomplish his ideal, not just some vague idea. Even if he becomes the Knight of One and the governer of Area 11, it still does not change how Britannia views the Areas and Numbers. Things may be abit better for the Elevens while he is around but still does not solve things for when he is gone.
Again. This takes time and patience. There is no easy way to do this (which I don't think Lelouch gets.) Suzaku is doing the right thing by taken the slow but sure way because it is preferable over a war. I can't but help make the comparisons in this show with the Civil Rights Movement actually. How long did it take? Years upon years. Things get done though and it only takes one person to get the ball rolling.

Quote:
The incident with the assassin that tried to kill him and his execution order did not involve Zero in anyway.
The execution order was just him not wanting to kill someone. He has always been like that.

Quote:
Before you jump to his defence and say that he always had a problem with killing needlessly and such, the assassin broke the law and his punishment was death.
So did Toudou technically. Doesn't mean he wanted to kill him either. Heck, he could have killed Lelouch right on the spot at the end of Season 1 if he wanted to, but he didn't. He is against killing in general.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 09:46   Link #691
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Again. This takes time and patience. There is no easy way to do this (which I don't think Lelouch gets.) Suzaku is doing the right thing by taken the slow but sure way because it is preferable over a war. I can't but help make the comparisons in this show with the Civil Rights Movement actually. How long did it take? Years upon years. Things get done though and it only takes one person to get the ball rolling.

The execution order was just him not wanting to kill someone. He has always been like that.

So did Toudou technically. Doesn't mean he wanted to kill him either. Heck, he could have killed Lelouch right on the spot at the end of Season 1 if he wanted to, but he didn't. He is against killing in general.
Again, Britannia's system is fundamentally differant from ours. Euphie mentioned to Cornelia about wanting to create a gentler world or something to such effect way back in season one, you remember Cornelia's response? That Euphie's desire means becoming the Emperor, because she can only do so with the power of the Emperor. In Britannia the Emperor holds the power, most likely to affect any sort of reforms, you will need a large majority of the nobility on your side and the Emperor's approval. Suzaku's way is the "sure" way, neither is Lelouch's for that matter. The only sure way would be to dethrone the Emperor and take his power for your own, you'd likely have to eliminate his heirs as well one way or another.

Then why did he let Anya sign the order? So as long as the order did not come from his hands it is ok? So why did he not try to lessen the assassin's sentence? The execution order could not go through without the authority of a Rounds, why did he not try to do something about it if he did not like the order? The only thing I agree with is that he is always like that, yes he is always indecisive. If he truely believe in what he is doing then his conviction and will would not be so weak, he would not let someone else relieve him of his own responisbilties.
Old 2008-06-20, 09:51   Link #692
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Heck, he could have killed Lelouch right on the spot at the end of Season 1 if he wanted to, but he didn't. He is against killing in general.
He wanted to sell him for his position as a round(something even as a Lulu fan i think was justifiable). He did not know that the Emp was going to remove his memories. As Zero was a traitor and regicide Suzaku may as well of just gave him straight to the hangman.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 09:59   Link #693
Orga777

Quote:
Again, Britannia's system is fundamentally differant from ours. Euphie mentioned to Cornelia about wanting to create a gentler world or something to such effect way back in season one, you remember Cornelia's response? That Euphie's desire means becoming the Emperor, because she can only do so with the power of the Emperor. In Britannia the Emperor holds the power, most likely to affect any sort of reforms, you will need a large majority of the nobility on your side and the Emperor's approval. Suzaku's way is the "sure" way, neither is Lelouch's for that matter. The only sure way would be to dethrone the Emperor and take his power for your own, you'd likely have to eliminate his heirs as well one way or another.
Meh. I see what you mean, I guess it is just difference of opinion here though.

Quote:
Then why did he let Anya sign the order? So as long as the order did not come from his hands it is ok?
That all comes back to conflicting emotions I guess. I see your point though.

Quote:
The only thing I agree with is that he is always like that, yes he is always indecisive. If he truely believe in what he is doing then his conviction and will would not be so weak, he would not let someone else relieve him of his own responsibilities.
You see, I think I am just looking at this a different way. He knows what he wants, but that doesn't mean that it still isn't hard for him. His emotions just constantly get in the way to make him indecisive. That is the big difference between him and Lelouch that I see. Lelouch can be heartless and uncaring. Suzaku isn't, and it DOES get in the way and DOES make him indecisive. But again, I don't see that as a bad thing and I think it makes his character more interesting (let alone more human.)
Old 2008-06-20, 10:08   Link #694
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
You see, I think I am just looking at this a different way. He knows what he wants, but that doesn't mean that it still isn't hard for him. His emotions just constantly get in the way to make him indecisive. That is the big difference between him and Lelouch that I see. Lelouch can be heartless and uncaring. Suzaku isn't, and it DOES get in the way and DOES make him indecisive. But again, I don't see that as a bad thing and I think it makes his character more interesting (let alone more human.)

I said before, there is nothing wrong with having conflicting emotions, but you have to move ahead inspite of them. Especially when you are attempting something like what Suzaku claims he is. The point is, did Suzaku grow and learn from the hard choices he has had to make? I have to answer no because he hesitates over what is essentially the same reasons.

The difference between Lelouch and Suzaku is not that Lelouch is uncaring. Lelouch carries the burdens of the things he has had to do and moves on without being crushed by the weight of them, while Suzaku lets his guilt block his path. That is what I find annoying with Suzaku's character, he profess to be doing what he is doing to help the Japanese, to change things from the inside while condeming others for taking the "wrong" path, yet he does not have the conviction and will to see those decisions through.

So are we finally done? This debate really dragged on

Last edited by demon_god04; 2008-06-20 at 10:26. Reason: wrong word, its morning -.-
Old 2008-06-20, 10:14   Link #695
Orga777

Quote:
So are we finally done? This debate really dragged on
Yeah, I guess so. I still disagree somewhat, but I guess that is what these discussions are all about in the first place. It was fun. Hope to do it again sometime.
Old 2008-06-20, 10:18   Link #696
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Yeah, I guess so. I still disagree somewhat, but I guess that is what these discussions are all about in the first place. It was fun. Hope to do it again sometime.
Oh I'm not trying to stop the debate from going if you still have points you wish to address, it's just that I saw that there are fewer and fewer points. So by all means if you still have points you disagree on feel free.

I must admit it was fairly entertaining for me as well, atleast it made waiting for episode 11 come abit faster.
Old 2008-06-20, 10:22   Link #697
Orga777

Quote:
Oh I'm not trying to stop the debate from going if you still have points you wish to address, it's just that I saw that there are fewer and fewer points. So by all means if you still have points you disagree on feel free.
Nah. I think I made everything I wanted to make. It was just going to go back to what I said earlier which wouldn't really move teh debate any further. No sense running in circles after all.

Quote:
I must admit it was fairly entertaining for me as well, atleast it made waiting for episode 11 come abit faster.
Agreed... And yet it is STILL only Friday. <.<
Old 2008-06-20, 10:26   Link #698
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Agreed... And yet it is STILL only Friday. <.<
Still means that it's "only" two days left until episode 11 .
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 10:28   Link #699
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

And it's easy enough if you want to start another debate.

Hell all you have to do is say "Lelouch is an ignorant douchebag", someone will jump down your throat.
Old 2008-06-20, 10:29   Link #700
Orga777

Quote:
And it's easy enough if you want to start another debate.

Hell all you have to do is say "Lelouch is an ignorant douchebag", someone will jump down your throat.
But it is true isn't it? j/k... j/k... Or is it?

Tags
characters, favorite