AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-09-05, 02:10   Link #45681
demino_hellsin
That one guy

yes, but it will be a tough fight. Though it would be moot since I plan to give Ichika chain boost after gospel incident.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 02:27   Link #45682
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Personally speaking, do you think it could be too excessive to give Setsura an upgrade?

I have an idea of sorts to put in my fic.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 02:30   Link #45683
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

What kind of upgrade?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 06:06   Link #45684
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Get hype!

Cannonball Fast is underway!

“GO!”

That was the only word they needed to hear. The hums, thrums and purrs of engines quickly turned to deafening roars. The starting line once filled now left only with the gusts of afterburners and slightly singed earth.

The racers were neck and neck. Huang Ling Yin's heavy Shenlong leading the pack by a small margin on some odd chance. Right behind was Cecilia Alcott in her Strike Gunner packet Blue Tears. The ones behind her were Charlotte, Laura, Houki and Ichika with Laura somehow keeping a noselength lead over them. It was cathartic, the speed so overwhelming that if the IS' didn't have shields, all of them would be suffering friction burn from the wind. Subsonic or no, the speeds were just too breakneck. Not only that, each racer was trying their best to outmaneuver the rest without moving too far away. Ichika, who was the most inexperienced in IS, losing out to even Houki, learned the hard way why everyone didn't dare to move too far away.

To put it simply, he couldn't break away. He had supreme confidence he could make a clean break from the pack if only he had the space but the others were really sticking it to him. No matter if he nudged left or nudged right, he would touch elbows with either Houki or Charlotte. It was nightmarish in a claustrophobic way. Add that to the highspeed induced adrenaline and Ichika found himself thinking pretty irrationally.

“A chance. Just one. That's all I need!”

BANG!

The ground just beside Houki exploded right as she passed. It dealt no damage and shrapnel was negligible to her shield, but the blast nearly threw her off balance. Judging from the angle of the explosion, the shot came from the front.

“Haha! How do you like that? My Shenlong impact engine pulse!”

Ichika stared hard at the violet unit before him. The HUD of his own Infinite Stratos, Byakushiki already preoccupied with feeding precision data on his surroundings that his eyes couldn't quite follow was quick to scan the current bulky Shenlong.

“So that's why it's so fast.”, Ichika barely breathed out. The past weeks, Rin had been busy working on her IS in preparation for Cannonball Fast, as per the Chinese government's instructions. But when he or any of the other girls asked about it, she just said that it was a secret. She trained on her own and compulsary class practices were done with her usual settings. Even before the race, she made sure to keep her IS secret. Now though, it was all out in the open.

The current Shenlong was set with eight impact cannons, Twice the number of even the Avalanche packet used during the Gospel incident. The bulk was shocking at first sight and it would make anyone wonder if it was race worthy at all. But closer analysis would prover naysayers wrong. That thing was made to blast through the competition, whether by speed or just plain brute force. The great mass could be used to build momentum and anchor the unit during tight turns. Rounded armor ensured that impact would be elastic resulting in minimal momentum loss in case of collisions. What's more the eight impact cannons which were initially considered a liability in this competition where you can't directly attack your opponent suddenly became a strength. The principle of the impact cannon was to compress bullet of air and fire them at the opponent. But now, that compression was focused as a stream, and that stream of compressed air made for some very powerful boosters, all eight of them. About for of them had swivel joints meaning they could face other directions for instantaneous direction shifts. The greatest advantage to them was that they had not lost their capacity as weapons at all if that potshot at Houki was any indication.

-------------

uh some things I really want feedback on.

Top part is me trying to use those lines you see at the start of manga chapters to get the reader hyped. Tell me if it's creepy I really fell in love with that and consider it a way to give myself some inspiration and hype to write the chapter as much as a way to stimulate the reader's literary appetite

Also I plan to make custom packets for the girls in this race. Check out Lingyin's and show me what you got.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-09-05 at 07:09.
Old 2013-09-05, 06:52   Link #45685
HasuMasu
*Artist

Volume 8 was two weeks I think after Volume 7.
Old 2013-09-05, 07:30   Link #45686
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

King of Heart: Houki

Queen of Diamond: Cecilia

Jack of Club: Charlotte

Ace of Spade: Laura

Albino Joker: Rin

Navy Joker: Kanzashiki
Old 2013-09-05, 07:34   Link #45687
demino_hellsin
That one guy

you working on a blade crossover?
Old 2013-09-05, 07:45   Link #45688
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Nope! I think something like DxD would be much more appropriate with Blade (although I am not a fan of the former). Just thinking of a xover fic with Hellsing, which Ichika play card with Alucard. He could learn something from that Vampir.

Beside, I already has incoporate Faiz elements in my own re-tell.
Old 2013-09-05, 07:47   Link #45689
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Working on character profiles for two more Athena OCs, one's the OC Rep and the other being one of the Academy's security troopers. May post it here once done.
Old 2013-09-05, 08:13   Link #45690
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So no comment on opening lines? or new original packet designs?
Old 2013-09-05, 08:18   Link #45691
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Well, I am thinking about a Laser Cannon blast to start the race. And how long could Rin's cannons stand before getting overheated?
Old 2013-09-05, 08:21   Link #45692
demino_hellsin
That one guy

no one would allow that :|

you can shoot blanks with guns, but lasers? You're gonna disintegrate someone.
Old 2013-09-05, 08:25   Link #45693
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Then 100mm Cannonball?
Old 2013-09-05, 08:25   Link #45694
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Nah, it's more like God/Sister/Master/Childhood Friend complex to me!

And beside, who could stop a badass character for many girls?
A bad ass competitive OC of course! Just kidding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
I wonder why the heck his Harem isn't give up yet!
Because they`re pulled by Icihika`s density magnitue x1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0.

There`s no way in hell he`ll end up with someone from his harem, no? I think it`s time to rise from the empty throne because I`m fired up again!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Law of black hole's inverse attraction

The denser the protagonist, the more attracted girls are to him and unable to let him away. Notice how the least dense protagonist often end with one girl most of the time.(bar exceptions)
What is that supposed to mean ?*puts on a sickly sweet smile and releases dark angel aura*

One weapon is good enough for me, so I`m trying something out so...
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 08:28   Link #45695
demino_hellsin
That one guy

watson, I know you're still young but you have to understand.

"People die when they are killed."

cannonballs can kill people. And the reason is that.

"What goes up, must come down."
Old 2013-09-05, 08:42   Link #45696
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
So no comment on opening lines? or new original packet designs?
Not much about the opening lines, though something has been orbiting in my mind...

"CANNONBALL FAST-O, REAADY~ GO!!!"

Original packets, not ones that would improve one's speed in a race... at least not written into words yet. I only made an original package that is the "Aegis Package", which is an Equalizer Package meant for the Academy's security team as they are (in Athena at least) using Raphael Revive Basics.

Now... onto the OC Profiles + Backstories::

Spoiler for OC5 Profile:

Spoiler for OC5 Backstory:

Spoiler for OC6 Profile:

Spoiler for OC6 Backstory:
Old 2013-09-05, 08:43   Link #45697
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Well, didn't we have force field for the audiance?

Just thinking of a scene where our competitors shoots their weapons and distingrate that cannonball.

And STOP CALLING ME WATSON!!!
Old 2013-09-05, 08:53   Link #45698
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@fire: then are you really a kid? Do I have to watch my language around you and keep things R-5?

@stratos: mmmm I see... so the foreign ladies make their entrance!
Old 2013-09-05, 08:55   Link #45699
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Yes and No. I'm a kid, but living in a family like mine making you wonder about your age.
Old 2013-09-05, 09:04   Link #45700
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
@stratos: mmmm I see... so the foreign ladies make their entrance!
Not just though. The four OCs (Inami, Tsurugi, Kirin and Aries) first saw each other at the start of the story, during the first Golem attack.

Granted, Inami and Tsurugi recognized each other's voices, Kirin had no idea who he is, Aries was wearing a helmet-type hypervisor and only came by because Kirin was there.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest