AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-09, 14:02   Link #21
lordwu

Looks like it originated from a novel published by Kodokawa.

Official site for Maru-ma (Japanese): http://www.maru-ma.com
Special page on Kodokawa for Maru-ma (Japanese): http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/sp/200403-05/index.html

A novel turned bishounen anime. Seems the target audience would be young girls?
Old 2004-04-09, 15:35   Link #22
straw
(9 '')9 yami yami (9 '')9

Send a message via ICQ to straw
i have seen now epi 1 and need to say. lol it was fun to watch and the hole stuff with the "theme park" was greate, also the short introduction of his mother, why they give them his name was quite funny...

defenetly an anime in my list for this year
Old 2004-04-09, 16:21   Link #23
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Isn't it ironic that an anime with no female characters, full of bishounens, and perhaps some suggested homosexual undertones is done by a group called Shoujo-Ai? lol. Unnecessary comment but I just feel like saying it.

I'm d/ling the first episode now anyway.

Last edited by Bullsquat; 2004-04-10 at 13:14.
Old 2004-04-09, 16:25   Link #24
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
Isn't it ironic that an anime with no female characters, full of bishounens, and perhaps some suggested homosexual undertones is done by Shoujo-Ai? lol. Unnecessary comment but I just feel like saying it.

I'm d/l the first episode now anyway.
There is something mesmerizing seeing 2 bishounens kissing. >_<
Old 2004-04-09, 16:31   Link #25
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Oh, God! Don't tell me they have that!
Old 2004-04-09, 16:37   Link #26
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
Oh, God! Don't tell me they have that!
Muahaha got you Imagine the picture it in your mind.
Old 2004-04-09, 18:18   Link #27
Yakumae
Queen of the Gum-Gums

*rolls eyes*

Guys will find lesbians, or really graphic and disturbing hentai (Night Shift Nurses, anyone?) perfectly fine, but just the mere thought of two guys together in an anime, even if they don't ever do anything, to be the worst thing ever. I just find that though to be hypocritical.

Look, if you enjoy the show now, even with it's shounen-ai overtones, why would you stop liking it? The overtones are already there.... I don't think that is going to change. If one of the chars decided to start chasing the main char would that REALLY be such a big surprise? No, not really, and it will probably be done for humor's sake anyway.
Old 2004-04-09, 20:40   Link #28
marin

Wooo!

I gotta get me some of that Shounen-Ai goodness!
Old 2004-04-09, 21:02   Link #29
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Lol, I guess with anime there's always something for everyone.
Old 2004-04-09, 22:15   Link #30
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Well I think I saw a girl or two in the opening...
Old 2004-04-10, 03:22   Link #31
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I absolutely adore the Ed. ^^

For some reason I keep getting flashback of Fushigi Yuugi. except this guy got flushed down into that world.
Old 2004-04-10, 11:31   Link #32
karsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
I absolutely adore the Ed. ^^

For some reason I keep getting flashback of Fushigi Yuugi. except this guy got flushed down into that world.
I was more thinking Escaflowne... the main character even looks like Hitomi, the silver-haired guy is Allen and the blonde boy is Van, heh heh... Their titchy kingdom even looks like Fanelia.

Anyway, I loved this. When they're talking by the fire and Yuuri keeps clutching the blanket nervously is so cute
Old 2004-04-10, 12:07   Link #33
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
Took all of your advice and went ahead to download the first ep... and I must say... I LOVE IT.... side note... its also bishounen maximus!!!! LOL... but I don't know if I like any of the characters yet... not enough character development to make me decide which is my fav yet... that aside, the anime shows promise for plot... and if the writer is the type that's creative enough to come up with some good humour... i think overall the plot would be pretty interesting too... the concept itself is already quite unusual

Spoiler:

however i don't seem to see the shonen-ai part of this anime yet... ... although i wouldn't mind the concept... if this does turn out that way i'll just enjoy it.. it would also be my first shonen-ai watch... but I'm pretty sure that by the time this gets to ep 3, there's gonna be more female audiences than male

by the way... does anyone know what day this airs everyweek? I'm planning to follow on this... woo hoo... one more anime to keep track with....

just to add... this is a pretty star studded seiryuu cast.... after checking that out... somehow i've got a gut feel i'm going to develope a crush for Wolfram... same voice as Okita

Last edited by Asakura_Y0h; 2004-04-10 at 12:45.
Old 2004-04-10, 17:16   Link #34
chibilin

I agree with Dreamless on them not translating Mao because I totally thought they were wizards or something because of the explanation the fansubbers gave. I dont know japanese but I think the subtitles were pretty good. I haven't laughed so hard in one episode since full metal panic fumoffu.
Old 2004-04-10, 17:51   Link #35
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsa
I was more thinking Escaflowne... the main character even looks like Hitomi, the silver-haired guy is Allen and the blonde boy is Van, heh heh... Their titchy kingdom even looks like Fanelia.

Anyway, I loved this. When they're talking by the fire and Yuuri keeps clutching the blanket nervously is so cute
OMG you are right, it does looks like escaflowne situation. Van, Hitomi and Allen. ^^

Then again, this guy got flushed down in the girls toilet, and he was actually tried to rationalize the black hole inside the toilet too. ^^;
Old 2004-04-10, 17:52   Link #36
Kensuke

Heh, episode 1 was funny, even thought I'm not into shounen-ai... well, I will watch next episodes before I decide to follow this series or drop it.
Old 2004-04-10, 19:12   Link #37
saku~ya
la~li~lo

Uwaa~a I am in love with this anime already ^.^ Yuuji is just so..... so awesome he as a nice personality. I look forward to watching the next episode. I'm glad I decided to donwload this. Lots of guys to oogle over yay ^.~
Old 2004-04-10, 21:31   Link #38
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Haha, episode 1 is absolutely hilarious. All of the characters are pretty likeable so far, and I love the ED animation (despite its simplicity).
Old 2004-04-10, 21:47   Link #39
magicalpenguin

This series looks really good! I can't think of much to say, but it is definitely different... I really like the direction it's going in
Hmm... I think I'll go rewatch the first ep. I'm definitely going to follow this unless something changes drastically.
Old 2004-04-10, 23:06   Link #40
jennwenn

Spoiler:

Finally, a show that actually looks like it can fill the bishounen gap, fantasy gap, and parody gap! I love it! (And I'm using too many exclamation marks to show it!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I was underawed by a lot of this season's offerings, but this came out of nowhere. The story looks like it can actually develop to something interesting.
Closed Thread