Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-03-23, 08:29   Link #141
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitsPunchSamurai View Post
Animation. People will tell you that Victory Gundam has no shading. These people have also never seen the show beyond the first few episodes or a couple of screenshots. Animation is decent, yet nothing special, for 1993.
The budget was quite low for this series. It's easy to tell just going by the enemy MS' color patterns. Though like i've said before, it's one of the charming points of the show. It fits it perfectly.
Old 2009-03-24, 20:40   Link #142
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The budget was quite low for this series. It's easy to tell just going by the enemy MS' color patterns.
They just didn't do color shading for some of the scenes, that's all. The animation is actually very fluid compared to other Sunrise shows in the early 90's, and considering the fact that other than the transformation/combination scenes, there were very little to no stock footages, I don't see how the budget was that low. Its just that all the money went into animating the battles, which were long and plentiful.

Remember, G Gundam had to resort to caricatures to animate some of its battles, while Wing battles were basically clip shows. So Victory's animation really wasn't that bad comparatively speaking.
Old 2009-03-24, 21:33   Link #143
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Remember, G Gundam had to resort to caricatures to animate some of its battles, while Wing battles were basically clip shows. So Victory's animation really wasn't that bad comparatively speaking.
Not to mention that SEED and SEED Destiny are a PLETHORA of stock footage used OVER and OVER and OVER again ALONG with a bunch of flashback moments, especially in SEED Destiny.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 21:38   Link #144
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Not to mention that SEED and SEED Destiny are a PLETHORA of stock footage used OVER and OVER and OVER again ALONG with a bunch of flashback moments, especially in SEED Destiny.
Well the problem with Seed and Seed Destiny's animation we already know is not with budget, but with time, or lack thereof because their lead writer like to disappear with the script until there's like a day left to animate each episode.
Old 2009-04-11, 05:31   Link #145
elindir
Overreacher

There are not many episodes left, and I will finish Victory. Overall, I like this show, and really don't understand why some people hate it so much. And I like the design of V2, it's simply beautiful!
Old 2009-04-15, 16:19   Link #146
elindir
Overreacher

I've finished Victory. Overall, it was a great series, and I really don't understand why it is so underrated. V2 become one of my favourite Gundams: the design itself and the wings of light are simply beautiful. I liked the new mecha designs, as well, although I hated the tyres. The story had its flaws, but it was exciting and fun to watch.
Old 2010-01-02, 19:47   Link #147
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Just finished watching Victory!

Katejina(the lovely Psycho), Uso(the mushroom-cut Daredevil) and Shakti(the Angel who gets everyone killed) are my favorite characters. I particularly like Shakti's voice.

What the heck happened to Katejina at the end? She's lost her memories and eyesight?(she wanted to go to Woowig though, how/why would she do that?)

And Shakti was not at all surprised when she saw her and I'm suspicious why she didn't tell Uso about her afterwards.
Would have been great if she lived with Uso & Shakti.

Is this the only show with mass-produced Gundams? Other than GX(but not in current story)?

I really disliked the combining/docking of the G-parts. The times it Failed outweighed the times it actually would actually make sense(ex.replacing damaged parts while in battle).
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 20:14   Link #148
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

No, technically 08th MS Team was the first.

It may technically be "limited" production given there was only (approximately) 20 Ground Combat Gundams, but they were the first to see a good production number of the prototype Gundam they're based on.

I think the same can probably be said for the Victory Gundam Hexas too since I doubt they'd be able to full mass produce large quantities of slightly better Victory Gundams complete with the Minovsky Flight System and everything. Only some of the Shrike Aces and others had them anyway while others had Gun-EZs or Gunblasters.

And the docking part was actually quite nice when you think about it because it allowed Uso to be innovative in tough times. If they were ONLY used for docking or replacing, then it'd be a bit boring since it'd be nothing more than a more glorified RX-78-2 on-screen. This allowed the Victory/Victory 2 to do fancy maneuvers with them while still keeping it "realistic" in ways, lol. Not to mention they had plenty of upper and lower bodies to spare.
Old 2010-01-03, 19:03   Link #149
Kikuchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
What the heck happened to Katejina at the end? She's lost her memories and eyesight?(she wanted to go to Woowig though, how/why would she do that?)
She's obviously blind and while it's not clearly said in the dialogue, she also lost her memory, yeah.
Guess she'd go to Woowig because she "feels" like it's her place.
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-04, 06:31   Link #150
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The real question is what happened to Odelo in the last episode? Or was it the other boy who just went missing completely? Been years since i watched it.
Old 2010-01-04, 15:06   Link #151
elindir
Overreacher

Quote:
The real question is what happened to Odelo in the last episode? Or was it the other boy who just went missing completely? Been years since i watched it.
Odelo died in a fight.
Old 2010-01-04, 18:44   Link #152
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Tomache. He just sort of disappeared sometime during the last battle.
Old 2010-01-06, 05:03   Link #153
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Tomache. He just sort of disappeared sometime during the last battle.
That's the one. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Old 2010-07-04, 00:43   Link #154
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Just finished watching Victory!

Katejina(the lovely Psycho), Uso(the mushroom-cut Daredevil) and Shakti(the Angel who gets everyone killed) are my favorite characters. I particularly like Shakti's voice.

And Shakti was not at all surprised when she saw her and I'm suspicious why she didn't tell Uso about her afterwards.
Would have been great if she lived with Uso & Shakti.

Is this the only show with mass-produced Gundams? Other than GX(but not in current story)?

I really disliked the combining/docking of the G-parts. The times it Failed outweighed the times it actually would actually make sense(ex.replacing damaged parts while in battle).
Shakti's character is one of my favourites in all of Gundam and definitely my favourite female. She's easily the most tortured character in the show being the one who has to watch the chaos.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 20:42   Link #155
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

I'm thirteen episodes in and have enjoyed the series so far. Uso is getting baptized by fire in classic UC fashion.

I almost wanted to punch the screen the last episode when Shakti randomly suggested she and Uso return to Kasarelia. Cronicle and Fuala are intriguing antagonists and I'm awaiting when more info is revealed about them.

The story has been pretty good so far and the OST has reminded me of past UC shows.

The mobile suits are little different and I've never been a fan of core blocks but I do like the Zolo and Tomilat.
Old 2011-02-22, 22:32   Link #156
Amuroray
Banned

Its get even better as it goes along.

EP4 was supposed to be ep 1.Made it very confusing.

Best Gundam series imo.
Amuroray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 20:52   Link #157
Elo the Blue

Question: Is Fuala ever seen again after she's exiled?
Old 2011-03-01, 21:46   Link #158
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2011-03-01, 23:26   Link #159
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Thanks for the info.
Old 2011-05-12, 19:56   Link #160
Amuroray
Banned

Just skimmed through this anime again - defo the best gundam series.Usos the best pilot/character since amuro/char
Amuroray is offline   Reply With Quote