AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 153 70.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 13.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 5.99%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 4.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.46%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 10 4.61%
Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-03, 14:32   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Death Note Episode 25 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Death Note, Episode 25!

Thread Guidelines
  • Keep spoilers from the Movie/Manga out of the anime thread, or face a BAN!
    You may not even post manga spoilers in spoiler tags!
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or post in the Manga thread. Please be considerate of anime only watchers, too many manga spoilers are being posted, so please, no more!
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.
Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=your title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for reminder:

Please remember, no manga spoilers are allowed in this thread!

Last edited by monir; 2007-04-06 at 16:58.
Old 2007-04-03, 14:41   Link #2
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

If ep 25 is SOMEHOW better than 24, then go ahead and write my a$$ in the DeathNote right now ...That preview gave me nothing really to chew on and I stay away from the DeathNote forum like bats from a halogen flashlight for the most part not to be spoiled by inconsiderate pions...I have no reason to feel or believe L will be killed despite that being Light's next goal...I honestly believe L will find a way to do some type of circumvention, the first crumb that he gave me last episode was that he perhaps is going to try and apply the fake DN rules to the events that happened earlier in the series to see if a discrepency exists...I'm also curious to see if Rem will finally betray Light in some way seeing that Ryruk is now Misa's Shinigami aswell...
Old 2007-04-03, 15:02   Link #3
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

They nailed this episode perfectly --- with a nice lil' style added also. Of course this episode is an emotional journey from start to end...

I really don't wanna talk about it at the moment. ;__;
Old 2007-04-03, 15:08   Link #4
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
They nailed this episode perfectly --- with a nice lil' style added also. Of course this episode is an emotional journey from start to end...

I really don't wanna talk about it at the moment. ;__;
Oh boy! Go ahead. Take your time. Shed those manly tears.

As for me, my anime basket is so full with all the new series coming out this month, it might be a while before I can lay a watch on this episode.
Old 2007-04-03, 15:12   Link #5
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
s for me, my anime basket is so full with all the new series coming out this month, it might be a while before I can lay a watch on this episode.
I order you to watch this episode at least tonight if you can, push it right to the top of your list.
Old 2007-04-03, 15:34   Link #6
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

BEST EPISODE EVAR.

Actually that's a bit of a lie, since I haven't seen it yet (not that I'm not burning to, of course). But the screencaps sure make it look as if it'll live up to expectations, and the reaction in the 2chan thread was definitely wild enough to make me anticipate it.
Old 2007-04-03, 16:21   Link #7
Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
BEST EPISODE EVAR.

Actually that's a bit of a lie, since I haven't seen it yet (not that I'm not burning to, of course). But the screencaps sure make it look as if it'll live up to expectations, and the reaction in the 2chan thread was definitely wild enough to make me anticipate it.
Oh it definitely lived up to expectations, and then some. I would say that this is the best episode of Death Note so far, especially if you've read the manga.
Old 2007-04-03, 16:42   Link #8
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient View Post
Oh it definitely lived up to expectations, and then some. I would say that this is the best episode of Death Note so far, especially if you've read the manga.
At the moment i'd say its the best episode so far, though there are many episodes that could easily make a top 05.

Everything from the light effect, to the bells playing --- simply brilliant. They knew just how much this episode had to give, and they did the best job they could at delivering it. Still, its such a painful watch when you know whats going to happen in this episode.. so painful.
Old 2007-04-03, 16:46   Link #9
ThoHell

Holy wow, what a dark and depressing episode, completely different from the rest but it was still one awesome episode! I really really really hate Light even more now!

Spoiler for 25:
Old 2007-04-03, 16:57   Link #10
mycen

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-03, 17:01   Link #11
aardvark

Wow, they actually surprised me with this episode. Really really amazing work here. Also, the quality of the art in this episode was probably the best of the entire series so far, everything was extremely well drawn. The whole thing was perfect.

I was expecting them to take the over the top and ridiculously epic route they've been taking up til now, yet
Spoiler:

I can't remember the last time I've seen an animated work surpass the manga source material as well as this series has.
Old 2007-04-03, 18:09   Link #12
kei25

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post

I can't remember the last time I've seen an animated work surpass the manga source material as well as this series has.
try Gintama!
Old 2007-04-03, 18:43   Link #13
zalem

Just watched it. Great episode. Must say episodes 24 and 25 are the best episodes of the series. They did add scenes that weren't in the manga, but they were done in a really lovely way. The animation was superb.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-03, 19:09   Link #14
The-Ghost
anime lurker

man this ep floored me, being an anime only watcher. and havent read the Manga, i had only i little bit of an idea what was coming and they brought it on in the best damn way ive ever seen.
Old 2007-04-03, 20:02   Link #15
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

What did people think about the scene of the stairs, that had L drying Light's feet? First of that and the scene of the rooftop are completely new (not appearing in the manga), and they're two scenes which are used to build up the ending/climax of the episode. In the rooftop scene we get to see another side of L, one which feels that the end may be near for him --- also mention that he's been hearing the sound of bells (which works in perfect with the end scene). We then see what the friendship between him and Light means to him on the stairs --- i started to cry the second Light Lights up Light for piano started to play. Such a perfect BGM for that moment between the two --- it makes you think even more that if the Kira case wasen't happening, just how good of friends the two would be.

In my opinion, they're added to give the viewer more to think about --- just what was Light (who is Kira again) thinking about while this was happening. I get the feeling that the director wanted to show a more human Light, one that does feel sad for whats happening --- i think that even more by his shocked face, and how long it takes him to show that evil smile after L falls down.

Its add-in's like this that make me think anime > manga. & thats including the music, light effects and much much more that we've seen from the anime adaptation.
Old 2007-04-03, 20:09   Link #16
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

The foot-drying scene is also a Biblical reference. And fujoshi fanservice. It has many uses, heh.
Old 2007-04-03, 20:33   Link #17
JayF

So is Light now Jesus? At least now yaoi fans know who's the girl in this relationship now
Old 2007-04-03, 20:40   Link #18
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Actually Jesus also washed the feet of one of his disciples at one point. (Garten goes into more depth in this over at his blog.) Given the circumstances in the episode, I think this scenario is what they were referring to, not Mary Magdalene.
Old 2007-04-03, 21:02   Link #19
zalem

Mad House does seem to be trying to get more sympathy points for L then the manga does. They make it seem more like L actually does feel like Light is a friend, while in the manga that is never the case. So the way they set it up in the anime makes Light's betrayal in the episode look even worse.

I too found it interesting how they made Light looked genuinely shocked and then very slowly had him switch to his trademark evil smirk.
Old 2007-04-03, 22:15   Link #20
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Finally saw it for real, and of course it was fscking amazing.

I'm not sure I agree with the "L seeing Light as a friend" thing. More than a personal emotional connection between them, I think the anime played up their awareness of one another and the extent of each other's knowledge. For instance, even when they were behaving in a friendly manner in the anime-only rain scenes, it was clearer than ever that L knew what would happen, and Light knew or suspected that L knew, and this sense intensified throughout the episode until the climax.

But maybe that doesn't translate to sympathy points for me because I had already read the manga and gotten through my shock/distress over the events of this episode.
Closed Thread